Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @FoundMarbles ! I remember how excited I was when I got my first Maxis fav :)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow!! Congrats @FoundMarbles!! That's two Maxis Fav's from the last challenge. And I'm glad you got Purdie's coffee supply sorted ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2017
    Congrats @foundmarbles!! You don't get a notice. In your home message thread it'll just show a "0 people favored (insert name here) and then your home message thread will explode for a little bit. (with tons of comment notices).
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis fave, @FoundMarbles! Though your builds are sweet whether faved or not! :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @foundmarbles Grats on maxis fav! :D
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@PersRealmsShadow :smiley: Thank You, another first for me, all very exciting!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 71 -The Hawthorne Project Part IV
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: Purdy's Cottage
    LOT COST:$1500
    BUILD COST:$28,088
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 29,588
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/337E267C52E711E78FE66931AF6123F2?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/EMJGx

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose a cottage in Windenburg for Purdy. It is nice and peaceful there and it helps with her creativity. There is a nice veggie garden in front and every requirement needed for the house including fitness equipment, easel which she really loves to use, a chess table and computer. There is an open kitchen and living room.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    QlJ3mB4.png
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2017
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Expert
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Fairy Tale Cottage 1bd30K
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,497
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 29,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) Fairy Tale Cottage Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

I thought Purdie would like a little quiet place with a lot of warmth and charm to help when she's feeling a bit down. The home is a single story, 1 bedroom with a large garden, lattice windows, and placed next to the shore in Windenburg on a 20x20 lot. There are two exterior porches. A sitting porch with easel in the back which gets morning sun and a side porch off of the kitchen for eating outdoors and play chess where the afternoon sun is lovely. The gardens around the home are decorative and include flowers, vegetables, herbs, and even some more exotic plants (nothing but the best for a special request from Ms. Hawthorne).

The interior has a large, combined living and dining area which includes a piano, fireplace, computer, bookshelf and a lot of windows. The kitchen is separate but not completely closed off because it uses a doorway instead of a door. It is small and functional with direct access to the side porch and windows looking out over the side porch and nature. The bedroom is at the back of the house and is filled with light from many windows. It has a nice double bed, a treadmill, and a door to the back porch.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry) Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) N/A

The front:
    ubHQygL.png

The dining, computer, and living area:
    N7poEib.png
  • meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    Do I still have time to enter the Purdy challenge??

@meadowrayne Challenge ends on the 21st, so you still have time.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hi there @meadowrayne and welcome to BuildnShare, @pronterus is correct, you have until midnight (CST) on the 21st to submit an entry for the current challenge.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    My Entry!

FORUM ID: meadowrayne
    ORIGIN ID: orchid094
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Established
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Green Gem
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST:28 380
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 29 880
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/gallery/df7zO
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    Green Gem is a 2 bedroom 1 bath cottage on the banks of the Newcrest River. The kitchen and dining area wood floors are original to the house. Purdie added a light blue tile countertop to accent the navy walls. The island sink allows more prep space for gourmet dishes. After scouring fabric shops, Purdie located an art deco fabric wall covering for her bedroom. After much consideration, she added her own flair to the living room. She painted the walls a bright yellow and coral and added fun furniture and décor. The bathroom tub is original to the house along with the bright pink tile that made her fall in love with the home.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2CB4366E54E411E78AD9C9CBD14E8863
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/fCXnY
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media na
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) none, I do have Command center mod, but I did not use any mods in build

• RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mid-Nowhere (I forgot to rename it before I uploaded it :( -
    Can be found here - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4A155F6D537811E7896D6931AF6123F2?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=rachelshennan&max=50&maxis=false)

LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,337
    TOTAL COST: 29,837
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://simmershen.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/sims-4-build-n-share-challenge-71.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's a compact house situated out in woodland surroundings, perfect for those sims that don't like social interaction! It has modern furnishings throughout, with splashes of colour to help engage the creative sims! There's a small porch at the back of the house with an easel for painting those landscapes and a yoga mat for early morning relaxation. The build is finished off with a vegetable garden so that the home can be self-sufficient.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 06-17-17_5-42-18%25C2%25A0PM.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS71
    edited June 2017
    Hey @RachelShennan - how lovely to see you again, great entry!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member

It's great to be back! :)

It's great to be back! :)
    Yay!! Welcome back @RachelShennan!!!

edited June 2017
    FORUM ID: FaithofKaela
    ORIGIN ID: FaithofKaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Cottage In The Woods
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $28,147
    TOTAL COST: $29,647
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Please click here for the slideshow.
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cottage In The Woods is a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home created with Purdie Stafford in mind. It's eclectic furnishings and well-stocked garden (all plants are available on this lot) are well suited to the gloomy elder it has been created for.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3hYFqsN.png

LbE6QfW.png
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mid-Century Modern Mini
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 27,252
    TOTAL COST: 29,252
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/YJkji
    ENTRY DETAILS: Small, but expandable, house! There is little landscaping, but its so cheap! There are hedges lining the walkway, which makes it seem more expensive. Provides your basic needs, and more!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yesss Please!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Don't forget #BnS71 closes this evening. Still time to get those last minute entries in though.....
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I am entering!!!!! LOL- I'm trying to upload shots right now on my ancient workplace internet- ha ha. I just waited this long so I could use some Fitness Stuff. I have to do get my son but then I'll be back on it and should have it up by 7pm CST U.S. Thanks!
    edited June 2017
    FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: "Post Deco- The Grand Nowadays" https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7DD035C056E711E7822F66564816A8D8?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $28,464
    TOTAL COST: $29,964
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1307861372662617

ENTRY DETAILS: Purdie has had a hard life. It was evident from her letter and from meeting her in person... it broke all our hearts... well, now isn't life funny like that- as luck would just happen to have it- Henry, on our staff, specializes in Hard lives, Art Deco, Jazz, Liqour and Late March/Early November romances. Henry was thrilled to take on the job of designing Purdie's house just to hear stories of the Halcyon Days of Hollywood. Sorry, I mean Starlight Shores. Turns out Purdie had even won an Oscar for her work on the slap stick classic "Oh Lord, It's Hay." A movie all about a young lady named Hazel who moves to the big city and gets swept up in the Flapper life while living in a hotel for women where she was nearly kidnapped and shipped off to China by white slave traders... if that sounds anything at all like the plot of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" well, it's not. It's "Oh Lord, It's Hay". Anyway what should have been the road to better things was instead the road to ruin as the Studio foolishly wagered a staggering sum of money trying to cash in on the Disco craze with the movie, "Disco Town High School Murder Spree". After that Purdie was out of work and out of luck... It hardly seems fair, huh? Hardly...

Until Henry pointed out that she had known LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of rich famous actors and actresses and it sounded remarkably like they were mostly acting out scenes from 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Gomorrah in their spare time....and, well.... you know.... that's just the sort of thing that makes best sellers and movies of the week. Now isn't it? So Henry set her up with an agent and she's busy writing the hottest tell all book in decades.

As such we have designed and built a house for the Hollywood Starlight Shores Star that she should have always been! Soaring exterior and flashly interior with a polished shine and aerodynamic lines- Surprising modern touches like an elevated see through pool. Purdie is coming out and this is the house she's doing it in. New clothes, new boyfriend, new attitude and a great big new advancement check from the publisher. Isn't that good, Isn't that grand, Isn't that great- You can live the life you like, nowadays.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

mJ6qrZA.png

fibgYHo.png
    That's a very creative and unique build @JasonAnthonySterling :)
    Thanks @pronterus There are some really cool builds this time around, especially with the budget- lol! Can't believe I got it in on time, wanted to wait on the new pack!
    Challenge #BnS71 - The Hawthorne Project Part IV, is now closed. Good luck everyone.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2017
    #BnS72 - Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym

Jade walks through your office door smiling, having been a client back when Rose was your assistant, you were a little nervous about her meeting Karl, but her easy smile lets you know that she approves, and she is not a lady that gives her approval easily.

A brisk handshake and you both sit ready to get on with your meeting.

“So, I hear Bloodclaw Industries is going from strength to strength.” You say.

“It is, and I have your company to thank! The Container Houses have been such a huge success. We had no idea, how much profit there was to be made from reusing a resource that was no longer needed.”

Giving yourself a mental pat on the back, you smile and ask “What can we help with this time around?”

“Well, we still have a huge number of containers in storage, and I was wondering if we could branch out into the commercial market.”

“The commercial market?” You ask.

“Yes, I had an idea, please tell me if you think I am completely mad.”

“I would never call you mad Jade, brilliant, a little eccentric, but never mad.”

“Thank you for your honesty, most people just nod and accept everything I say as rote, it’s one of the reasons I came back to you for this project.”

“I want you to build me a gym, using my containers.”

You can’t help but gasp. “A gym, using your old shipping containers?” You know you have just repeated your clients words, but this is a little out of the ordinary, then you think back to how you reacted to her initial idea of building homes, and that worked out just fine.

“You think I’ve finally lost it don’t you?” She asks, but she raises that trademark eyebrow and gives you a challenging smile.

“It’s certainly one of the more ‘out there’ ideas I’ve ever heard, but then, Rose and I thought that about our original project and that exceeded all expectations, no reason why this one won’t as well.”

The eyebrow lowers and you can see that she really does think that if anyone is up for the challenge, it’s you.

“I want all mod cons, but I also want it to be accessible to everyone, no body shaming allowed.”

“I totally understand that. What’s at the top of your wish list?”

“Well, workout equipment is a must have, a yoga studio as well, we’ll definitely need a pool, maybe a juice bar or a coffee bar and a cafe of some kind, I’d love it to become a place where people also just come to meet up. Changing rooms of course, maybe a small shop selling workout equipment. A spa area would be great, but I think that’s overreaching for the prototype, maybe if this one is successful we can look at that for phase two.”

“How many containers do we have access to for this project? And do you have any specifics on architectural style”

“You’ll have 6 4x10 containers to work with and a budget of $200,000, this doesn’t include the cost of the containers, which we’ve estimated as $10,752, so the total budget allowable is $210,752. As for style, that’s up to you.”

“Wonderful, I’ll be in touch when it’s all completed, will two weeks be acceptable?”

“Of course! I look forward to hearing from you.”

Brief:
    $210,752.
    30×40 lot
    6 – 10×4 shipping containers placed in any formation you want.
    Note: Prior to remodelling, show us the shipping container layout as if you had just finished stacking the containers

Workout Equipment
    Café and/or coffee/juice bar
    Yoga studio
    Changing Rooms
    Full landscaping
    No, full walls outside of the containers are allowed, you can however use half-walls and fences wherever you wish.
    You do not have to include a Spa for this challenge, however, if you wish to, you can.
    No basements.

Note, for information on previous Re-Use and Recycle challenges you can head here and here.

No Sim or Room challenge this time around.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top