Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck Sims

cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
I'm playing on an apartment lot. Two sims who used to live there but have moved elsewhere are still on the lot. I've just started playing Sims 2 again, most of my quides are still in storage. I seem to remember there was a way to get them to leave, but am not sure what the solution was. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Enter the cheat moveObjects on go to buy mode and delete the sims. They won't really be deleted, they will reset at their home mailbox.

OR

Enter the cheat resetSim Firstname Lastname

Make sure to enter them correctly, it is case and space sensitive.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I don't recall resetSim being a Sims 2 cheat. And a search on a site that listed all of the cheats didn't show that one.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited June 2017
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Enter the cheat moveObjects on go to buy mode and delete the sims. They won't really be deleted, they will reset at their home mailbox.

OR

Enter the cheat code resetSim Firstname Lastname

Make sure to enter them correctly, it is case and space sensitive.

This cheat code you mentioned
    resetSim firstName Lastname

didn't exist in The Sims 2 and is first seen in The Sims 3.
    Entering this code only brings up the error message. Not everybody use the mods.

To reset stuck sims, there are two ways:
    1) Enter the cheat code moveobjects on and sell the stuck sim. Save and exit the lot, then return and you'll see that sim again. Note. If you have your sim get stuck in the owned community lot, do not save and use that method.
    2) Enter the cheat code boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click on your sim. Choose Force Error option and choose either delete or reset. If reset doesn't work, then choose delete. After choosing the delete option, save and exit the lot. Come back and that sim should be standing next to the mailbox. Do not try it on the owned community lot!

If your sim gets stuck on owned community lot, do not save. Exit without saving. Progress may be lost, but errors that happen are worse than that. You want to play with sim, not make the whole family unplayable.
  • cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Whoops sorry, getting my Sims games mixed up. :s:#
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I had 2 sims stuck in a taxi on their way to a community lot the other day and ended having to exit without saving. Has anyone any ideas why this happened?
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Two guesses: sim routing, or errors that didn't reset properly. (No way to know which from your description.) Exiting without saving is pretty much what you can do there, other than not putting items in between the sidewalk and street.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Ok, thank you. :)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Yeah, if it were on a home lot you'd have more options, but on a community lot your best bet is to exit without saving, and then open up the lot from the neighborhood with MoveObjects On, and see if there's something in the way where the taxis pull up.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Or you could always just kill them >:)
  • snZyahsnZyah Posts: 4 New Member
    :sweat_smile: @cleo00. ikr~ i've just killed my vampire sim. got stuck at aquarius building.