Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to roll back your save

Comments

• DianuDianu Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,

I accidentally deleted the only save I have in the game. All the autosaves are from today, when I accidentally deleted it, but there is one from the 31st of January with .ver0 at the end of the file name. I keep trying to rename the .save and replace it with the one from the 31st, but every time I go to open my game they go back to what they originally were named. I do not have a "Load Game" option on my game anymore because I deleted the one save I had. Is there anything that I can do?

I did this same thing tonight. Nothing seemed to bring back my one hard worked on lot and family. Then I decided to right click on my 0000001.save game and went to the previous versions tab, restored a version from yesterday and got it back! Yeah I'm back one day, but I don't have to rebuild now!

I hope this helps!
  • EzzaEzza Posts: 1 New Member
    It didn't work for me :( someone help ?
    I have done everything that's been said on here and nothing has worked, been doing this for 2 hours now :(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ezza wrote: »
    It didn't work for me :( someone help ?
    I have done everything that's been said on here and nothing has worked, been doing this for 2 hours now :(

What exactly is happening in your game? Are you sure you're changing the right files?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • HoodieManXHoodieManX Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm confused on mine. Two days ago, I had a save I just started. But today, I opened the game and everything I had was gone from the gallery and the game saves. I still have the saves, but each time I try to do this it wont work. I don't even care if I lose the save. I just want the sims back
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    HoodieManX wrote: »
    I'm confused on mine. Two days ago, I had a save I just started. But today, I opened the game and everything I had was gone from the gallery and the game saves. I still have the saves, but each time I try to do this it wont work. I don't even care if I lose the save. I just want the sims back

This might help: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/ (See the more recent part)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Nah, it didn't work. I still have the old saves, but I followed the steps, and all that shows up is the new household
    edited April 2017
    Nah, it didn't work. I still have the old saves, but I followed the steps, and all that shows up is the new household

Okay. So this includes the Tray folder not including your newer files? (Tray = the folder your Library content is in, and you can check there to see when the most recent files date from). Do you have your Sims 4 folder synced to an online storage site?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yeah, I have the newer files in the Tray folder, and it is synced to OneDrive
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, I have the newer files in the Tray folder, and it is synced to OneDrive

Okay, there's your issue. Sims 4's gameplay folder does not play nice with any websyncing at all (logic regardless - it just doesn't for some reason). Unsync it. The game has a hard time seeing synced folders properly for some reason. I think @rosemow can give you more info when she's back, if you need it.
    I'm currently trying to figure out how to access my documents outside onedrive. This computer is so stupid
    I actually can't access any documents outside of OneDrive. I really don't understand this. I turned it off, and the files are still connected to OneDrive
    Nevermind. I found my files outside the OneDrive folder
    I actually can't access any documents outside of OneDrive. I really don't understand this. I turned it off, and the files are still connected to OneDrive

Sorry, I can't help with that. There should, however, be a way to tell OneDrive to ignore particular things or to tell Origin to use a different location. @Rosemow might know that, and I'm also just going to ping @DeKay .
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Nevermind. I found my files outside the OneDrive folder

Seems like you already found it. I don't really know much about OneDrive. I have it on my laptop but never had a problem with it. It literally does nothing. Just make sure you're looking at your Documents folder instead of My Documents. They're actually different things especially if you're using a laptop with different user accounts.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ekglobeekglobe Posts: 11 New Member
    I recently lost my game due to Apple's iCloud drive moving my documents file into the cloud. I was able to move my Electronic Arts folder back to my macbook and located the save files within the folder. I renamed the .ver0 files to .save files yet they have not shown up in my game. Is there anything else I can do?
    edited June 2017
    ekglobe wrote: »
    I recently lost my game due to Apple's iCloud drive moving my documents file into the cloud. I was able to move my Electronic Arts folder back to my macbook and located the save files within the folder. I renamed the .ver0 files to .save files yet they have not shown up in my game. Is there anything else I can do?

What's the folder structure you've got now? Did you let the game remake the Sims 4 folder then put Saves files back in, or did you just move the whole thing back? Could you post one of your save file names too?
    Thank you for replying! Sorry for the late response, I was incredibly busy the last few days. I located my Electronic Arts folder on Apple's "iCloud Documents" folder, and drag and dropped it over to a locally saved folder (called "the sims 4 stuff"). I received a pop-up asking if I wanted to relocate the folder to my Macbook and I accepted. I eventually re-downloaded the entire documents folder back onto my Macbook, and then drag and dropped the Electronic Arts folder back there. My save files now (after I renamed them) are called "Slot_00000001.save", "Slot_00000002.save", "Slot_00000003.save", and "Slot_00000004.save", and I have various other versions of these files with the .ver1 through .ver4 extensions.
    As for the folder structure, its Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>saves
    Ok. Try unsyncing that folder from iCloud. Sims does not play nice with some syncing options. That might be all you need to make the saves turn up in game.
    okay, i did that (unchecked the box in the icloud drive menu in my system preferences), redownloaded everything on to my mac, it didn't seem to work though
    okay, i did that (unchecked the box in the icloud drive menu in my system preferences), redownloaded everything on to my mac, it didn't seem to work though

Okay. Next thing then is to try the things listed here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
    no luck. i followed the instructions and attempted a few times, but my original saves did not show up in the game. i tried the link for mac users but the instructions there were simply to unsync icloud, which i have already done.
    it's worth noting that the new saves i've made since i unsynced icloud do save, but i have been deleting them as they are useless to me.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    it's worth noting that the new saves i've made since i unsynced icloud do save, but i have been deleting them as they are useless to me.

Hello
    If the issues remain, you may be best to post in the Mac section of the forums. Simmers there may be able to assist you to recover your old saves that were synced to iCloud
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions