Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are they going to start fixing stuff?

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    It doesnt matter what frequency the patch come in. .

I figured, if there's some set frequency of patches, i.e they have to release a bug fix on average once a month as a rule, then it could influence them to be short-termist in their thinking and prioritize bugs which are quicker/easier to fix, while temporarily putting others on the back burner. This is speculation and I can't say for sure that they are bounded by a release pattern but if they were, maybe having more time to work on the large bugs alone could be more beneficial. To an extent I wonder if player expectations are causing them to push underwhelming patches out on a monthly basis to avoid backlash.

I think this is why some bugs are still here, and i agree with you about the "player expectation". If there is actually a kind of deadline with bug fix for the monthly patch, this mixed with the player expectation = bug that are easy to fix first, then the hard one.
    That's why we need a good talk with the resolution bug team, if this supposed deadline is the problem, we could agree on a compromise: 4 month without bug fix, but they concentrate on only the game breaking bug (like speed distortion, queuing problem and GTW careers bug). And they also could ask for simmers help,they receive save from bugged game, and i'm sure that they don't have all the computer that the entire simming community have. Honestly i wouldn't mind receiving a bugged save, test it myself to see if the bugs also occurs in my game (because they seems to avoid some of us) and send them back the save file with my dxdiag and a kind of report of everything that i have observed about bugs if it can help them. What matters at the end it that these bug get resolved.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree @lulubadwolf
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    The game glitch that killing me is the freeze when it come time for school/work. I dread 8am weekdays, it takes my sim kids over an hour to get to school, the game freezes but the game clock keeps running, my pause button doesn't even work anymore, the game clock just keeps going. Its a newer glitch for me, but reading up on EA Answers, reddit, and here its been a game issue since atleast Feb. Still not fix! I re-downloaded TS3 to keep me busy while i wait for a fix. Its just to unplayable with that sever of a lagg/glitch

I hate that too I thought it was just me but looking around the time issues are game breaking for many players including me I about tear my hair out at how annoying it is for the time to just glitch all I want to do is play my game and I can't, I hate how setting 4 is a mess I dread bedtimes because they'll go to bed then time will jump back 5-6 hours, and school/work is a mess my sims don't go to school on there own anymore I have to physical tell them, simulation and time are a mess and the team aren't fixing it.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Your PC is great, the GPU is much better than mine. Yet I never had for example the freezing bug at 8am (but on the other hand I never play with more than 2 children). Perhaps the game "hates" a special configuration or hardware product or these bugs are bound to certain language versions (we had our very own horror freezing in German and Polish versions one year ago).
    No, these kind of issues are not directly related to hardware. If our windows can cope with the hardware, so can the games because they rely on what windows feeds them. The hardware that can cause issues is exotic hardware, new drivers that are bugged, ancient drivers predating the game by too many years or windows not properly recognizing hardware.

I would be very suprised if a different language could cause problems. Its just text, not code.

I help in the tech section. Your computer specs are fine. My next question is do you play with CC or mods? Have you tried starting a new vanilla game to see if this still happens? Reason I'm asking is not all have this bug.

Windows 10 also has a few issues with the game like one drive and the new creator update. Don't know if windows 10 is interfering but it is also a possibility
    Yubell wrote: »
    I think what's annoying me the most is time every 2 minutes it jumps back or if I pause I get this annoying plum were no matter what time setting I go on the game remains paused for up to 5 minutes I wouldn't mind it but it's happening every 2-5 minutes.

tumblr_ornrrlsHpT1v5g8yyo1_400.png

Does your computer have sufficient resources for the game?

Yes it does I recently added 8 more gigs of ram because I thought it was my computer but it's not the game just doesn't run good no matter the computer, the time problems have been in the game since city living was released and I'm just fed up of having time problems every minute or so It literally makes the game unplayable for me.

what is your video card and processor?
    @phoebebebe13 as i said earlier, i have the same issue only one some save. The oldest one is perfectly fine, i have a new one who is just fine (expect the school time bug) and another new one who is just unplayable.
    Here's my spec: graphic card: GeForce 940M, cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, ram: 8.0 GB, os: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, free disk space: 557.9 GB. I know that my laptop is not a top gaming one, but he's supposed to still manage to run it, and i have put all the graphics on minimum, just to be sure, didn't change anything.
    But if it's a computer problem, why can i still play on ultimate graphics in the oldest save (1 years old) and an other new save (2 weeks old) without any bug (except small time distortion and the school time bug) but in an other new save (2 weeks too) there is queuing problem, crazy lag, bugged pause ?
    The bugged save was bugged from the beginning while the save i'm playing right now is fine from the beginning. No CC or mod, and the two newest save are nearly the same (in both of them i have delete all premade to put my own sims), the only difference are the bugged save have only a family of 5 and autonomous behavior on (except for the selected sims) and the non bugged one have 3 family of 1, 3 and 4 sims and autonomous behavior completely off. And the 1yrs old save have a family of 3 (18 generations), all premade + at least 12 family i have add. i would have think that the oldest would bug like plum, but its the save without any bug (really hard to find the 3 speed bug and the school time bug).
    edited June 2017
    @phoebebebe13 as i said earlier, i have the same issue only one some save. The oldest one is perfectly fine, i have a new one who is just fine (expect the school time bug) and another new one who is just unplayable.
    Here's my spec: graphic card: GeForce 940M, cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, ram: 8.0 GB, os: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, free disk space: 557.9 GB. I know that my laptop is not a top gaming one, but he's supposed to still manage to run it, and i have put all the graphics on minimum, just to be sure, didn't change anything.
    But if it's a computer problem, why can i still play on ultimate graphics in the oldest save (1 years old) and an other new save (2 weeks old) without any bug (except small time distortion and the school time bug) but in an other new save (2 weeks too) there is queuing problem, crazy lag, bugged pause ?
    The bugged save was bugged from the beginning while the save i'm playing right now is fine from the beginning. No CC or mod, and the two newest save are nearly the same (in both of them i have delete all premade to put my own sims), the only difference are the bugged save have only a family of 5 and autonomous behavior on (except for the selected sims) and the non bugged one have 3 family of 1, 3 and 4 sims and autonomous behavior completely off. And the 1yrs old save have a family of 3 (18 generations), all premade + at least 12 family i have add. i would have think that the oldest would bug like plum, but its the save without any bug (really hard to find the 3 speed bug and the school time bug).

The 940m card should be run at lower resolution than 1080p. You also only have a dual core processor and this game requires a quad core. This will all slow your game a little. If your resolution is 1080p change to a lower resolution in game in the launcher or lower your settings. Windowed mode may help too. There are allot of people with your laptop specs that have issues with the game. It is under recommended requirements for the game. The game requires a GTX 650 or better and an i5 quad core on desktop. Laptops are weaker than desktop. To equal recommended requirements if playing on laptop you need a GTX 960 card or better and an i7 quad core processor. This game is processor heavy

To answer you on the newer save. It's possible it's corrupt. This can happen and has happened. If it's only happening on a certain save sounds like corruption.

Add: have you tried a new test game to see if this bug reoccurs? I would try a new test game
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
    @phoebebebe13 I know that my laptop isn't supposed to run on ultimate graphic (i have discovered that not a long time ago, while the seller said that he was supposed to run most of the game, especially the sims --' ) and that i could have some lag, but not the crazy lag i have on the possibly corrupt save (how this save manage to corrupt ?). But he is supposed to have the minimum requirement, so even with everything lowered he should lag less (and when i see people with computer that have worst spec than mine and their game don't lag, i just wonder if my computer is pouting me) . Anyway, i'll have to deal with what i have (definitively can't afford a new laptop or repairing and adding a graphic card to my desktop).
    i had put the graphics on minimal again, play on windowed mode and made a test save, no lag for now.
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I know that my laptop isn't supposed to run on ultimate graphic (i have discovered that not a long time ago, while the seller said that he was supposed to run most of the game, especially the sims --' ) and that i could have some lag, but not the crazy lag i have on the possibly corrupt save (how this save manage to corrupt ?). But he is supposed to have the minimum requirement, so even with everything lowered he should lag less (and when i see people with computer that have worst spec than mine and their game don't lag, i just wonder if my computer is pouting me) . Anyway, i'll have to deal with what i have (definitively can't afford a new laptop or repairing and adding a graphic card to my desktop).
    i had put the graphics on minimal again, play on windowed mode and made a test save, no lag for now.

I have the exact same specs as you (possibly the same laptop lol) and my game only started lagging when I installed the parenting pack, but it's not crazy lag as you described. So it leads me to believe that save may have been bloated. I usually delete households generated into the 'not in world' and using MCCC to delete relationships of my sims they don't interact with often. I'm not sure if this helps with lag but I do so anyways just in case. If the lag gets really bad I'd put the game in laptop mode and see if that helps too.

(and I had the same situation with this laptop! The seller told me this was perfect for sims 3 and 4 but now I know to do more research before buying my next laptop :sweat_smile:)

Superkam64 wrote: »

I have the exact same specs as you (possibly the same laptop lol) and my game only started lagging when I installed the parenting pack, but it's not crazy lag as you described. So it leads me to believe that save may have been bloated. I usually delete households generated into the 'not in world' and using MCCC to delete relationships of my sims they don't interact with often. I'm not sure if this helps with lag but I do so anyways just in case. If the lag gets really bad I'd put the game in laptop mode and see if that helps too.

(and I had the same situation with this laptop! The seller told me this was perfect for sims 3 and 4 but now I know to do more research before buying my next laptop :sweat_smile:)

Yes, probably the same laptop (asus k751L btw) :D I've started to delete townie household, but manually (i'm definitively going to ad MCCC to my game, way easier to delete household with it). Next time i'll buy a simple laptop and i will ask for help here to upgrade my desktop, i'm not going to trust any seller now :D Do you have the school time bug too ?

These issues are in the game, might get worst with the specs of the computer (or lack of luck, some simmer with very good desktop have the same issue), but they definitively need to be solved.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I help in the tech section. Your computer specs are fine. My next question is do you play with CC or mods? Have you tried starting a new vanilla game to see if this still happens? Reason I'm asking is not all have this bug.

Windows 10 also has a few issues with the game like one drive and the new creator update. Don't know if windows 10 is interfering but it is also a possibility
    Im still using windows 7 and I play with CC and mods. I doubt that clothes can cause problems as they only add models, not code. And I have to use mods because the game is unplayable without MCC. But people without mods reported certain issues aswell. And yes, I tested without mods and had the same issues. Many bugs are actually caused by the game for years.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2017
    While I understand that sometimes computer specs can cause issues, I think we should divert from immediately suggesting these issues are due to the laptops because the fact is these are all bugs that have been reported across a variety of players across a variety of PCs if you look at the official bug forums. Even if they were just down to the specs, EA did say that they intended sims 4 to run on a wide variety of laptops.

Furthermore, while my laptop is perhaps less than optimal in terms of it's graphics card (I run a mixture of medium to high settings with a 40+ fps rate on average) it has an Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB RAM. I don't get lag anywhere else in my game except for the Detective career. I definitely think that things like cleaning out inventories, periodically deleting townies if you have a no -culling mod, clearing the cache, can help, but things have come to a point now where the level of bugs cannot be explained by sub-optimal video cards and processors alone.
    Post edited by anonmystery on
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    What I don't get is the entire computer specs being the problem. If just about everyone has the same exact problem and everyone with those problems all have different computers how could it possibly be the computer? It's like saying only people who like chocolate ice cream should have lag, but yet those with strawberry and vanilla likes also have the lag. It's NOT the computers for the majority of this stuff! I have floating fruit and that's been addressed since 2014 I believe. Dart board single playing is an issue for me. I don't have random Sims in weird outfits (personally I don't care what the NPCs wear) but my one Sim wears his Romance Festival to work now instead of his suit. I have no way to change it since "working" is not an outfit slot you can choose in the wardrobe. I'm scared to buy small items at Flea Markets as I can't place them in world and if I do they vanish. I don't have the free boxes showing in City Living. I still have Sims that stand in front of the house when returning from work. I don't have GTW or Dining out or Vampires or Toddlers so maybe my issues are limited or small compared to everyone else. I too am tired of moving folders around and repairing my game. The only mods I have are a few westerny decor items and that's it. I don't think a painting of a cowboy or a rug with horses on it is the issue causing this. Plus I don't see how if things worked fine previously and now suddenly don't that it would be those few decor items being the problem. Fortunately my game is playable, but still a lot of those little things are very frustrating to say the least and more frustrating when I see many other people with all sorts of computers are all having the same exact issue.

The only way I know how to deal with a corrupt save is to take your sims , save them to library and add them to a new game and start over in a fresh new save.

There are those few who have lower specs than you and somehow the game runs. This is very rare. Each computer is different and no two are the same. You could have same make and model computer as someone else and one may play the game well and one not. When we advise people in tech the requirements for the game, we can only tell you if a computer meets requirements. We can not tell you how the game will react to your hardware

The game will get more powerful as you add more and more to it. This is why we always recommend and advise having a computer that meets or exceeds recommended requirements. laptops are much weaker than desktop. If one does not absolutely need a laptop, we advise getting a desktop. Desktops are cheaper, more powerful and some can be upgraded. Laptops can not be upgraded when it comes to processor and video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy.

In the future if your looking for a new computer, come in the tech section and we can help you find a computer that meets requirements
    edited June 2017

Im still using windows 7 and I play with CC and mods. I doubt that clothes can cause problems as they only add models, not code. And I have to use mods because the game is unplayable without MCC. But people without mods reported certain issues aswell. And yes, I tested without mods and had the same issues. Many bugs are actually caused by the game for years.

I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    I am back from my usual break from the game, but I can say I suffer from all the bugs outlined in this thread. I am long past playing this game as intended as much of it simply doesn't work properly - I have simply stopped using the fastest speed. My game is held together with sticky tape and mods with a large seasoning of patience and micro-managing.

I haven't bought a pack since vampires and have no intentions of doing so unless it adds a big chunk of absolute must have gameplay.

As for what machine a user is running, well mine is hardly a low piece of kit and wasn't the reason for the art style to optimise for older machines? Indeed, when the game was released it was a firm conviction by the sales messages and gurus that many decisions were made so that the game would be smooth on as many machines of possible. Yeah, then along came a fruit salad of culling and other drastic measures to head off the severe entropy in performance as stuff was added.

People have been begging on these forums for bug fixes since the game was released in '14. Many, including me, would be happy to forgo any new things in patches just to get the basic bugs addressed and some good solid game balancing done.

When they put the basketball hoops down, was it just plopped down and then the attraction tuning set to number 11 or was it already at max by default and no one bothered to tune it? Other examples are legion.

Sloppy, but hey, this seems to be the new normal. If I was one of the devs on the game I'd be gutted seeing my creation crumble into digital goo.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I haven't tested yesterday's patch but since the parenthood patch my game feels like a buggy mess. I keep hearing random music play like I completed a goal when nothing has been completed. Dine out is a nightmare. Sims are singing, playing with their phone, roaming everywhere, going for a jog, etc instead of sitting at the table talking and eating. If I don't keep them talking, then the randomness takes over. Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

I have been trying to be patient but I know I am getting annoyed because I loaded Sims 2 up yesterday. I am really loving the vampires and toddlers but it is not enough when I am dealing with all these bugs.

I haven't got the money for parenting yet but I definitely have been seeing a problem with the random music, skill up music randomly plays for no reason at all, I thought it was just me, I don't dare use the microphone because the last time I did the never stopped singing, The lag it's terrible and I no it is because I have a basic laptop it can run sims 3 fine it used to run sims 4 fine up until about a year ago then when toddlers were added everything went haywire. I just can't play the game the time issue annoy me I can't use setting 3 or it jumps back 5 hours and when setting 4 starts it jumps back to before they ever went to sleep. Do you know if they fixed the issue with parents who don't live with toddlers randomly walking into apartments without invitation and never leave? Their is just so much wrong right now and nothing is being done to fix it apparently lag was improved in yesterday's patch I've seen no improvements and if they did why didn't they add it to the patch notes?

OMG I thought that was just me because I had not seen anyone posting that. I had to move Sims out of an apartment because the mother kept coming over and never leaving and there was no option to send her away.

That's curious. Did you try clicking on your Sim and seeing if they were added to a group by accident some how? Click on your Sim and 'end group' action (if available) would be the problem if there wasn't an option to ask someone to leave your house or apartment. ETA: This has happened to me when game was first released in WC have no idea how they were added to 'group' and finally figured this out.

It's a bug with a parent not living on the lot with a toddler. They're not in a group. The non-custodial parent shows up, uninvited, and won't leave and can't be asked to leave because they want to care for a toddler. And they just walk into your house as if they own it and jack up you caring for your toddler. There have been work around to get them to leave, but they always just come right back. I've abandoned more than one save cause I got tired of the dad showing up uninvited.

I'm not understanding is this the parent of the toddler visiting? Or is this just a random Sim busting in to take care of your own toddler? I haven't seent this bug and hope I don't. (knock on wood) I've got plenty of other ones too many to list. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2017
    I haven't tested yesterday's patch but since the parenthood patch my game feels like a buggy mess. I keep hearing random music play like I completed a goal when nothing has been completed. Dine out is a nightmare. Sims are singing, playing with their phone, roaming everywhere, going for a jog, etc instead of sitting at the table talking and eating. If I don't keep them talking, then the randomness takes over. Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

I have been trying to be patient but I know I am getting annoyed because I loaded Sims 2 up yesterday. I am really loving the vampires and toddlers but it is not enough when I am dealing with all these bugs.

I haven't got the money for parenting yet but I definitely have been seeing a problem with the random music, skill up music randomly plays for no reason at all, I thought it was just me, I don't dare use the microphone because the last time I did the never stopped singing, The lag it's terrible and I no it is because I have a basic laptop it can run sims 3 fine it used to run sims 4 fine up until about a year ago then when toddlers were added everything went haywire. I just can't play the game the time issue annoy me I can't use setting 3 or it jumps back 5 hours and when setting 4 starts it jumps back to before they ever went to sleep. Do you know if they fixed the issue with parents who don't live with toddlers randomly walking into apartments without invitation and never leave? Their is just so much wrong right now and nothing is being done to fix it apparently lag was improved in yesterday's patch I've seen no improvements and if they did why didn't they add it to the patch notes?

OMG I thought that was just me because I had not seen anyone posting that. I had to move Sims out of an apartment because the mother kept coming over and never leaving and there was no option to send her away.

That's curious. Did you try clicking on your Sim and seeing if they were added to a group by accident some how? Click on your Sim and 'end group' action (if available) would be the problem if there wasn't an option to ask someone to leave your house or apartment. ETA: This has happened to me when game was first released in WC have no idea how they were added to 'group' and finally figured this out.

It's a bug with a parent not living on the lot with a toddler. They're not in a group. The non-custodial parent shows up, uninvited, and won't leave and can't be asked to leave because they want to care for a toddler. And they just walk into your house as if they own it and jack up you caring for your toddler. There have been work around to get them to leave, but they always just come right back. I've abandoned more than one save cause I got tired of the dad showing up uninvited.

I'm not understanding is this the parent of the toddler visiting? Or is this just a random Sim busting in to take care of your own toddler? I haven't seent this bug and hope I don't. (knock on wood) I've got plenty of other ones too many to list. :)

Basically it has nothing to do with groups it happens when a baby ages up and links to the caregiver system that comes with toddlers, the parents are set as auto caregivers, so when one parent moves out with the toddler the other parent is still registered as a caregiver so they will travel to your house and come in uninvited to look after the toddler until it ages up, you can't ask the adult to leave you just have to deal with it really. it's a very annoying bug

Yes, probably the same laptop (asus k751L btw) :D I've started to delete townie household, but manually (i'm definitively going to ad MCCC to my game, way easier to delete household with it). Next time i'll buy a simple laptop and i will ask for help here to upgrade my desktop, i'm not going to trust any seller now :D Do you have the school time bug too ?

These issues are in the game, might get worst with the specs of the computer (or lack of luck, some simmer with very good desktop have the same issue), but they definitively need to be solved.

If your computer is under requirements the bugs will be far worse than someone who has a computer that meets requirements but yes this game does have bugs.
    While I understand that sometimes computer specs can cause issues, I think we should divert from immediately suggesting these issues are due to the laptops because the fact is these are all bugs that have been reported across a variety of players across a variety of PCs if you look at the official bug forums. Even if they were just down to the specs, EA did say that they intended sims 4 to run on a wide variety of laptops.

Furthermore, while my laptop is perhaps less than optimal in terms of it's graphics card (I run a mixture of medium to high settings with a 40+ fps rate on average) it has an Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB RAM. I don't get lag anywhere else in my game except for the Detective career. I definitely think that things like cleaning out inventories, periodically deleting townies if you have a no -culling mod, clearing the cache, can help, but things have come to a point now where the level of bugs cannot be explained by sub-optimal video cards and processors alone.

Laptops are weaker than desktop hardware. The game's requirements are for desktop not laptop. All PC games requirements are for desktop. Again not saying that this game does not have bugs but the bugs will be worse on an under-powered computer.

when you posts specs, there are different kinds of processors. This game requires an intel i5 quad core on desktop. The game is processor heavy. If playing on laptop you need a more powerful processor to equal desktop hardware. If playing on a laptop the processor should be an i7 quad core. The processor will end in HQ or MQ after the processor number. If your processor on laptop ends in U or M it's a dual core and not powerful enough.
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member

The game will get more powerful as you add more and more to it. This is why we always recommend and advise having a computer that meets or exceeds recommended requirements. laptops are much weaker than desktop. If one does not absolutely need a laptop, we advise getting a desktop. Desktops are cheaper, more powerful and some can be upgraded. Laptops can not be upgraded when it comes to processor and video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy.

In the future if your looking for a new computer, come in the tech section and we can help you find a computer that meets requirements

Unfortunately I do need a laptop as I move back and forth from home and university. I asked the seller if this laptop was a quad core and he told me the newer gen dual core processes are just as powerful as a quad core -.- Thank you, I have been browsing through the tech section TS3 and TS4 the last few weeks and definitely know to come there for advice when the time comes to buy a new laptop :)

Not the same model but I also have an Asus! I personally haven't experienced the time bug too often. I remember it happening a few times when I was playing back in February where when I clicked for the sleep hyper speed to stop at 8 am for school, it would just continue all the way till 3-4pm, then snap back to 8am. I also experienced when I give a sim a task they would stand around for a few minutes before doing it. This was also before I bought City Living. Around April (after I bought all packs) I haven't experienced the time snap bug or a sim not doing an action immediately. (Though, I'm not sure this is a bug or not because I haven't seen others mention it, my pie menu sometimes takes 4-5 seconds to open when I click on something, whereas when I play TS2 and TS3 the pie menu opens instantaneously)

I never thought of the time snapping bug I experienced as game breaking as others mentioned, but I assumed their specs were lower than mine. But seeing now that most people actually have wayyyy better specs than I do, it makes me think that the time skip bug is just that, a bug. (Although I do have the simulation lag fix from MTS, even though people have been saying it's broken. I'm not sure if this has actually been helping with my time skipping)
    edited June 2017

Unfortunately I do need a laptop as I move back and forth from home and university. I asked the seller if this laptop was a quad core and he told me the newer gen dual core processes are just as powerful as a quad core -.- Thank you, I have been browsing through the tech section TS3 and TS4 the last few weeks and definitely know to come there for advice when the time comes to buy a new laptop :)

With the sims 3 it does not require a quad core only that the processor is 2.4 ghz or higher. The sims 4 is programed differently than the sims 3. The sims 4 is processor heavy and you need a quad core. If playing on laptop you need that quad core i7

PS the laptop seller should know that all PC games require desktop. To equal desktop specs you need a higher end gaming laptop since laptop hardware is weaker. A dual core laptop processor is weaker than a quad core on desktop. A laptop quad core is weaker on laptop than on desktop
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
    This makes me wonder why the devs cant just offer an interface for players to use so CC doesnt mess with the game. In Wow its LUA which is easy to handle. But I think we covered the lack of competence sufficiently.

With the sims 3 it does not require a quad core only that the processor is 2.4 ghz or higher. The sims 4 is programed differently than the sims 3. The sims 4 is processor heavy and you need a quad core. If playing on laptop you need that quad core i7

PS the laptop seller should know that all PC games require desktop. To equal desktop specs you need a higher end gaming laptop since laptop hardware is weaker. A dual core laptop processor is weaker than a quad core on desktop. A laptop quad core is weaker on laptop than on desktop

Apparently the seller i have spoke to didn't seems to explain that to me, while i have specifically said that i just wanted a really good laptop (i also traveled a lots when i have bought mine) to run sims 3 & 4, he even say that the laptop i have will run them without problem because he was way better than the laptop who meets the recommended requirement. I hope he is not working on this shop anymore.
    When i'll manage to save enough money to buy a graphic cards for my desktop (who have a good processor, i think) i'll ask you which one i should take.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

Yes, it's the non-custodial parent as I said.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2017

Laptops are weaker than desktop hardware. The game's requirements are for desktop not laptop. All PC games requirements are for desktop. Again not saying that this game does not have bugs but the bugs will be worse on an under-powered computer.

when you posts specs, there are different kinds of processors. This game requires an intel i5 quad core on desktop. The game is processor heavy. If playing on laptop you need a more powerful processor to equal desktop hardware. If playing on a laptop the processor should be an i7 quad core. The processor will end in HQ or MQ after the processor number. If your processor on laptop ends in U or M it's a dual core and not powerful enough.

I see, thanks, that's pretty useful information. Mine ends in U. But at the same time according to this: http://game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7782&canMyCpuRunIt=The%20Sims%204

and the review of my processor I shouldn't have any problems. I know meeting the minimum requirements isn't the best for optimal performance but the processor does meet the minimum requirements (although this source doesn't really say by how much, or whether it just does), so it is powerful enough. Idk how reliable the source is though. I

I do understand what you are saying, problem with this approach though, is that it kind of blames the customer. Sure bad aspects of the game may be exacerbated by bugs, but the fact is that EA marketed this game as a game that does not necessitate the purchase of a gaming laptop/desktop. As such if they know that bad bugs will be further amplified on the lower end computers that they said should run sims 4 fine as part of their marketing strategy, they should be making sure to fix these bugs. Could say we need to be more patient but some of the significant bugs are coming up to a year old now.

I'm lucky in the sense that hopefully if my grades are good, I will be able to easily afford to by the gaming laptop I've been looking at by the end of the year, due to my grad job. Not everyone can say that. Some can, but will choose to prioritise other things, as a gaming laptop/desktop is no small investment. So purchasing a new laptop to minimise these problems isn't really a good answer unless you are already thinking of doing so. The bugs are problems that the developers should be addressing, not the customers.