Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLICK AND SIGN HERE if you are furious with the lack of attention Mac users are getting!

Comments

• Options
    yumechan07yumechan07 Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    SIGNED.

I am installing my game on my bf's comp instead, he has a windows, can I can't take this stupid game back to the store and it's not working properly on my mac. This is horrific. they should have just made it windows only if they were going to give us so many problems in the first place. Or do the smart thing World of Warcraft did and code it in unix FIRST and then convert it into win32. but no, they're not smart, so that can't happen. ._.

Thanks a lot. (that's sarcasm if you can't tell. >.>)
  • Options
    cscr22cscr22 Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree 100% We are treated so unfairly. When will they do something about this. Unreal seriously.
  • Options
    cscr22cscr22 Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2009
    Signed!

Something has to give for real. I have been having problems with EA ignoring mac issues since the game has been out. :evil:
  • Options
    h011ah011a Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Signed!

Mac users have been ignored for months now. In the beginning we got help, but all the sim gurus have seemingly disappeared on us. EA is totally ignoring the mac users! And with the release of the 1.5/1.6 patch and the total failure of world adventures to work for a good amount of us, it seems we have been totally forgotten!!!
  • Options
    witch_mdwitch_md Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2009
    01. xoxleslie
    02. solarspork
    03. powzie
    04. donnybrook
    05. srpinky
    06. TabloidTally
    07. xSasha
    08. AlexRoz9
    09. Adustum
    10. Randommermade
    11. Uzi666
    12. HARRYwasHERE
    13. Magicalgirlpinkie
    14. Mshobbitgrl
    15. molly_skye
    16. Beauteefultee
    17. Avie
    18. Shakeable
    19. th3mystic
    20. razberria
    21. Siubing4243
    22. GreenEyeLady
    23. Bighairypup
    24. Lileel
    25. YellowBananas
    26. theBOOSH
    27. chloeserena
    28. srpinky
    29. stoliebooboo
    30. captaincaliena
    31. xHaleyx33
    32. celestejwilliams
    33. thensing
    34. themooncalf
    35. dizzydee
    36. gige
    37. songbyrd517
    38. thephantomcreeper
    39. Samzee24
    40. KittenKatKaty
    41. dimpleswho
    42. i3urtongirl
    43. BCHOCKEY25
    44. Teek
    45. Ethnicolor
    46. PurpleAmharicBuna
    47. DataWizard
    48. msvengz
    49. smalls89
    50. Sims3girl1
    51. firekitty500
    52. iiSceneBarbie
    53. rozy12347
    54. Mulberries
    55. Simfreak982
    56. XxRed_LeopardxX
    57. littlesparki
    58. Skiparock
    59. FaithfulKittie06
    60. yourlegsgrow
    61. truman_1111
    62. Tanto
    63. AnimeFan420
    64. Arcfault
    65. SimmerwithSkill
    66. Marx
    67. xoxleslie
    68. emicolas
    69. xoxKatexox
    70. ASimctrotter
    71. lesliedaryl
    72. witch_md

1.7 update is out and still no fix for Mac?!!!!! tsk tsk tsk
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited November 2009
    despite ONE guru showing up in a thread (but no sticky or official thread) about 1.5/1.6/1.7/whatever, we STILL have no answers from ea. i'd like to download this patch, please!
  • Options
    MatimassuMatimassu Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I want the same support that pc users have!! I fully support this!!
  • Options
    LucibelleLucibelle Posts: 97 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Add my name.

To those who argue that Mac users are only 5% of the market share, I don't see EA or any other company willing to give up 5% of THEIR market share, so enough with that reasoning. EA obviously cares enough about our market share to make the game PC/Mac compatible, but if support ends after they take our money, then perhaps we'll matter when when we stop sinking our money into EA.

It's not enough to be "compatible". Support matters.
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited November 2009

BBoy SIGNED

I really dont see why this should have even been created, WHY has EA NOT made the Game available or work for a OS that is says it works on?

I would NEVER expect EA to have the game not working on *****? (why is the Abbreviation of Windows OS censored?) but Why OSX?

Pathetic attempt, But all I can say is
    Good try, but needs improvement

C-"

Bboy
  • Options
    CinLouCinLou Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Add me to the list.

I'm ****** that EA is so willing to outright lie. They had to know that WA wouldn't work for Macs without the patch (if they didn't they've got the worst QA department EVER), yet they said nothing before the release. So now I've got $40 worth of useless crap on my computer.

If they're not going to support Mac users, they really need to stop marketing the games as being for Mac.
  • Options
    NashyNashy Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    /sign

EA probably won't care until someone takes action.

Maybe its the lawsuit they are waiting for before they notice us mac users are FURIOUS. This is unacceptable and irresponsible on thier part.

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2009
    Signed.

Because I cannot believe that EA do not have something in their newsfeed on the home page about this or that the relevant stickies on this forum have not been updated. KEEP US UPDATED, REGULARLY!

On a side note, I am running the game (not WA) with absolutely no problems at all on Snow Leopard. I have no CC or Mods installed and my MacBook Pro came with SL (I bought it last Monday). I do have dowloads from the Store but that's it.

Oh and one other thing, if you really want to be heard, start emailing links to this forum to computer magazines, blogs and websites. When they start reporting that EA Support seemingly has NO idea what they're talking about (as evidenced in other threads) and they cannot support a platform which is apparently supported on the box, then maybe EA will start spending more time on Mac issues. Journalism is a VERY powerful tool.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited November 2009
    signed too

This is unprofessional by any standards. Read about them on Wiki. The "criticisms" part.

read my post on this thread for more anecdote - talk about Big Brother complex (1984 version) :
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/127767.page

This is typical managerial problem. Even the people at customer support aren't aware of what's going on, or they receive it late. It's as if there's a lack of communication or synergy between departments...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    docwhatdocwhat Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2009
    signed.

Looking at home Sims3 is made available for the Mac is actually interesting.

EA is using cider to run what is essentially a PC game under the mac. So there are actually *two* companies working on mac issues: TransGaming and EA

I imagine the video performance issues are mainly TransGaming's fault.

I'm hoping the reason we haven't seen 1.6/2.2 yet is because they are going to update cider to have better performance. If these patches come and there isn't better performance... well, that would be very sad. :-(

Ciao!
  • Options
    zaiu1zaiu1 Posts: 167
    edited November 2009
    /Sign.Not as much for the issue itself, but rather for the fact that it should have been added to the news days ago.
  • Options
    captaincalienacaptaincaliena Posts: 100 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Seriously, is there any kind of legal action we can take? False advertisement, maybe? Because when someone has all the recommended specs on their computer and the game does not run as advertised, that's false advertisement.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    EA Headquarters
    Legal Department

209 Redwood Shores Parkway
    Redwood City CA
    United States

was given to me by the rep. on the phone.
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Seriously, is there any kind of legal action we can take? False advertisement, maybe? Because when someone has all the recommended specs on their computer and the game does not run as advertised, that's false advertisement.

this is a good question, but should probably be brought up outside the forums, if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    zildjianpridezildjianpride Posts: 21 New Member
    edited November 2009
    *Signed*
  • Options
    HeideHeide Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Yes! So annoying! I can't get TS3 to run on my MacBook Pro at all. Even though it more than meets the game requirements. My latest response was -'m sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

The issue you have reported is currently an issue that we are aware of and are working to resolve as quickly as possible. It appears the latest version of the game is not compatible with Snow Leopard and some graphics card models that are available for Apple computers.

Currently, our development teams are investigating this issue to isolate the cause and we hope to have the issue resolved very soon.

That was sent over a month ago! :evil:
  • Options
    omegasdxomegasdx Posts: 15
    edited November 2009
    Three simple words will get their attention. Class action lawsuit.
  • Options
    shainaballerainashainaballeraina Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2009
    *signed

I just hate that EA doesn't respect us. It's like we're left out on a limb, forced to find out on our own whether or not we get the basic advertised service pc users get immediately. All we want are answers! Is it so hard to write a news bulletin updating the community? No, because they care more about their reputation than their customers.

I don't understand any company who is willing to sell something to a market they have no idea about. I hope that our voices penetrate their money-stuffed ears. I have been a loyal fan of this game since the very first Sims 1 came out, and I think I deserve their attention and respect. Maybe the fact that they let down some of their most loyal and dedicated customers will catch their attention.

If not, maybe I'll take my money elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    :mrgreen: Ideas for redemption :

1. Make this topic a sticky

2. The patch must work

3. An official apology

4. Free Sim points (I think 3000 is reasonable)

I don't think that's too much to ask. (#4 is negotiable)
  • Options
    TempestrinTempestrin Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    Signed by Tempestrin

I really miss playing this game. I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1 and was ecstatic when Sims 3 was going to be a hybrid game for both operating systems. I am not nearly excited these days. When I went to EA customer service with my problems with World Adventures, I only got sassed by the employee when I had already done all of the so-called fixes for Mac issues with the game. I have yet to get that email I was promised from customer service higher ups. I am having the same issues as everyone else, constant crashing, download problems, and so on.

I want my game back.
  • Options
    Gabbers89Gabbers89 Posts: 5
    edited November 2009
    *SIGNED*

I just wasted $40 on the new EP only for it to tell my that my sims version isn't updatable! *** am I supposed to do now? I kind of want to cry