Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are they going to start fixing stuff?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I haven't tested yesterday's patch but since the parenthood patch my game feels like a buggy mess. I keep hearing random music play like I completed a goal when nothing has been completed. Dine out is a nightmare. Sims are singing, playing with their phone, roaming everywhere, going for a jog, etc instead of sitting at the table talking and eating. If I don't keep them talking, then the randomness takes over. Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

I have been trying to be patient but I know I am getting annoyed because I loaded Sims 2 up yesterday. I am really loving the vampires and toddlers but it is not enough when I am dealing with all these bugs.

I haven't got the money for parenting yet but I definitely have been seeing a problem with the random music, skill up music randomly plays for no reason at all, I thought it was just me, I don't dare use the microphone because the last time I did the never stopped singing, The lag it's terrible and I no it is because I have a basic laptop it can run sims 3 fine it used to run sims 4 fine up until about a year ago then when toddlers were added everything went haywire. I just can't play the game the time issue annoy me I can't use setting 3 or it jumps back 5 hours and when setting 4 starts it jumps back to before they ever went to sleep. Do you know if they fixed the issue with parents who don't live with toddlers randomly walking into apartments without invitation and never leave? Their is just so much wrong right now and nothing is being done to fix it apparently lag was improved in yesterday's patch I've seen no improvements and if they did why didn't they add it to the patch notes?

OMG I thought that was just me because I had not seen anyone posting that. I had to move Sims out of an apartment because the mother kept coming over and never leaving and there was no option to send her away.
    Neia wrote: »
    Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

You get more when you level up your parenting skill

Thanks @Neia. I read somewhere that it was a bug and glad to hear that it isn't.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I wouldnt want to waste money on additional bugged content for a bugged game. Optional bugs so to speak.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I haven't tested yesterday's patch but since the parenthood patch my game feels like a buggy mess. I keep hearing random music play like I completed a goal when nothing has been completed. Dine out is a nightmare. Sims are singing, playing with their phone, roaming everywhere, going for a jog, etc instead of sitting at the table talking and eating. If I don't keep them talking, then the randomness takes over. Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

I have been trying to be patient but I know I am getting annoyed because I loaded Sims 2 up yesterday. I am really loving the vampires and toddlers but it is not enough when I am dealing with all these bugs.

I haven't got the money for parenting yet but I definitely have been seeing a problem with the random music, skill up music randomly plays for no reason at all, I thought it was just me, I don't dare use the microphone because the last time I did the never stopped singing, The lag it's terrible and I no it is because I have a basic laptop it can run sims 3 fine it used to run sims 4 fine up until about a year ago then when toddlers were added everything went haywire. I just can't play the game the time issue annoy me I can't use setting 3 or it jumps back 5 hours and when setting 4 starts it jumps back to before they ever went to sleep. Do you know if they fixed the issue with parents who don't live with toddlers randomly walking into apartments without invitation and never leave? Their is just so much wrong right now and nothing is being done to fix it apparently lag was improved in yesterday's patch I've seen no improvements and if they did why didn't they add it to the patch notes?

OMG I thought that was just me because I had not seen anyone posting that. I had to move Sims out of an apartment because the mother kept coming over and never leaving and there was no option to send her away.

It's been in the game since toddlers were added I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet though.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017

That's curious. Did you try clicking on your Sim and seeing if they were added to a group by accident some how? Click on your Sim and 'end group' action (if available) would be the problem if there wasn't an option to ask someone to leave your house or apartment. ETA: This has happened to me when game was first released in WC have no idea how they were added to 'group' and finally figured this out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2017
    I think what's annoying me the most is time every 2 minutes it jumps back or if I pause I get this annoying crap were no matter what time setting I go on the game remains paused for up to 5 minutes I wouldn't mind it but it's happening every 2-5 minutes.

tumblr_ornrrlsHpT1v5g8yyo1_400.png
    Post edited by Yubell on
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    There are too many bugs that are 2-4 years old. The patch from yesterday is a joke, a terrible joke. More of an insult. It didnt fix things that needed actual fixing and it didnt fix anything that needed fixing. Its a smoke screen. There was a patch a few months ago with 6 times more fixes that actually did improve the game. But I dont think a 2gb patch fixed only 6 tiny items. There is more in the patch than the patch notes tell us.
    This is another issue. Missing patch notes or how devs introduce things into the game and then a plum ensues with the devs saying "oops, we forgot to add it to the patch notes". The perception is that this is just another in a long line of middle fingers to the community. The reality is that since the devs refuse to engage with the community until there's a huge uproar they give that perception strong credence.

You mean you didn't love hearing about the wonderful new Fitness Stuff Pack, Available June 20th on Origin for the low low price of $10 and btw we fixed a chair?!?! Can't imagine why you're upset with the patch notes!

Well dunno about you but I'm gonna hold their feet to the fire on this one. We have "confirmation" of sorts they should know how to fix the Doctor Career now. As I said, I can fully believe it just didn't make it into the bug fixes for this month's patch, but if we hit August and it's still not fixed, NOW I'm going to be seriously, seriously concerned about what the heck is going on. A two-year old bug is ridiculous, a patch notes post dedicated to selling a new product is outrageous....all that AND neglecting to fix something they have precise directions for...? That'd be absolutely inexcuseable and for me, it would 100% mean it's time to abandon ship, as how can we hope for any bugs to be fixed if they cannot fix that one under those circumstances...?
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • katiekate105katiekate105 Posts: 2 New Member
    The game glitch that killing me is the freeze when it come time for school/work. I dread 8am weekdays, it takes my sim kids over an hour to get to school, the game freezes but the game clock keeps running, my pause button doesn't even work anymore, the game clock just keeps going. Its a newer glitch for me, but reading up on EA Answers, reddit, and here its been a game issue since atleast Feb. Still not fix! I re-downloaded TS3 to keep me busy while i wait for a fix. Its just to unplayable with that sever of a lagg/glitch
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's curious. Did you try clicking on your Sim and seeing if they were added to a group by accident some how? Click on your Sim and 'end group' action (if available) would be the problem if there wasn't an option to ask someone to leave your house or apartment. ETA: This has happened to me when game was first released in WC have no idea how they were added to 'group' and finally figured this out.

It's a bug with a parent not living on the lot with a toddler. They're not in a group. The non-custodial parent shows up, uninvited, and won't leave and can't be asked to leave because they want to care for a toddler. And they just walk into your house as if they own it and jack up you caring for your toddler. There have been work around to get them to leave, but they always just come right back. I've abandoned more than one save cause I got tired of the dad showing up uninvited.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2017
    Agree w/everything said here. I've about reached my breaking point w/this game as each SP/GP and EP just adds more buggy behavior to the already glitchy gameplay. There is no excuse for not having fixed bugs/glitches that have existed since the inception of this game. Pure laziness and greed on EA's part along w/lack of caring.

1. Dartboard -- Sims can only "practice" playing darts, one sim at a time.

2. Insane LAG time which is even longer with Parenthood now added.

3. NEW for my game: Sims 3 camera bounces up and down like a yo-yo in ALL lots.

4. Routing failures w/sims between multiple floors of homes.

5. Basketball Hoop attraction NEEDS to be minimized on home lots.

More ad nauseum. FAIL.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think what's annoying me the most is time every 2 minutes it jumps back or if I pause I get this annoying plum were no matter what time setting I go on the game remains paused for up to 5 minutes I wouldn't mind it but it's happening every 2-5 minutes.

Does your computer have sufficient resources for the game?
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @alanmichael1 i have the same bug (along with other speed distortion, queuing problem and lag), and my computer can run the game. I had play the game on ultra graphics until the parenthood GP, i had put my graphic on minimal when it become unplayable but it didn't change anything. I can still play on ultra graphics on save that are not infected by this bug (and the other i had mention above) and the game runs perfectly on these save.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    I really just want this blouse fixed it never tucks in any more.
    screen_shot_2017_06_16_at_8_23_21_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbd04h4.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited June 2017
    Well dunno about you but I'm gonna hold their feet to the fire on this one. We have "confirmation" of sorts they should know how to fix the Doctor Career now. As I said, I can fully believe it just didn't make it into the bug fixes for this month's patch, but if we hit August and it's still not fixed, NOW I'm going to be seriously, seriously concerned about what the heck is going on. A two-year old bug is ridiculous, a patch notes post dedicated to selling a new product is outrageous....all that AND neglecting to fix something they have precise directions for...? That'd be absolutely inexcuseable and for me, it would 100% mean it's time to abandon ship, as how can we hope for any bugs to be fixed if they cannot fix that one under those circumstances...?
    It would mean they dont bother with bug fixes. Which explains why the devs hide from the forums. They know they get a kick in the lower backside for promoting new bugged content while ignoring all the bugs we have been reporting for years. I dont know about you, but this sounds like a fraud. If I buy a product somewhere else and they only give us the option to add new features but dont provide repairs and we cant return the product, that company would be under investigation.
    I think what's annoying me the most is time every 2 minutes it jumps back or if I pause I get this annoying plum were no matter what time setting I go on the game remains paused for up to 5 minutes I wouldn't mind it but it's happening every 2-5 minutes.

I sure have and I have the same issue. At least I hope I have sufficient hardware. Cant really tell with some games. See for yourself:
    Intel Core i5 7500 3.4 Ghz
    MSI H270 Gaming M3
    Patriot Viper elite DDR4 16 GB PC 2133
    Geforce GTX 1080

You think thats enough to run sims4?

Yes it does I recently added 8 more gigs of ram because I thought it was my computer but it's not the game just doesn't run good no matter the computer, the time problems have been in the game since city living was released and I'm just fed up of having time problems every minute or so It literally makes the game unplayable for me.
    It would mean they dont bother with bug fixes. Which explains why the devs hide from the forums. They know they get a kick in the lower backside for promoting new bugged content while ignoring all the bugs we have been reporting for years. I dont know about you, but this sounds like a fraud. If I buy a product somewhere else and they only give us the option to add new features but dont provide repairs and we cant return the product, that company would be under investigation.

I sure have and I have the same issue. At least I hope I have sufficient hardware. Cant really tell with some games. See for yourself:
    Intel Core i5 7500 3.4 Ghz
    MSI H270 Gaming M3
    Patriot Viper elite DDR4 16 GB PC 2133
    Geforce GTX 1080

You think thats enough to run sims4?

Your PC is great, the GPU is much better than mine. Yet I never had for example the freezing bug at 8am (but on the other hand I never play with more than 2 children). Perhaps the game "hates" a special configuration or hardware product or these bugs are bound to certain language versions (we had our very own horror freezing in German and Polish versions one year ago).

Yes it does I recently added 8 more gigs of ram because I thought it was my computer but it's not the game just doesn't run good no matter the computer, the time problems have been in the game since city living was released and I'm just fed up of having time problems every minute or so It literally makes the game unplayable for me.

It's only a guess, but I think the limiting factor for all Sims iterations is neither RAM nor GPU but the processor.
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Have any of the guru's commented on the issues of GTW? I purchased the expansion last month because I thought they would fix the bugs people were talking about. I'm hearing the bugs haven't been fixed for over a year now though , and I'm beginning to regret buying it. I didn't expect them to let game breaking issues go on for so long.
    They dont really respond to issues here. They rather comment when someone is happy about a feature. They seem to need this gratification but cant deal with criticism.
    On the ea support page where thousands of threads are open about the bugs, there is a guy responding very often but he says he doesnt work for ea but asking players to submit savegames while he is moderating threads. Not sure what to make of that.

I dont know if it is the same person you are on about but there is this one person who replies to nearly every person complaining about a bug on here, and I know she is only trying to help but she just gives out the same response to every glitch or bug
    clean out your inventory
    repair your game
    move your folders about
    uninstall mods
    upload your files to the site
    go comment on me too and gives u a link

with no affect what so ever she doesn't even work for sims if she was a guru I would take her more seriously haha
    Your PC is great, the GPU is much better than mine. Yet I never had for example the freezing bug at 8am (but on the other hand I never play with more than 2 children). Perhaps the game "hates" a special configuration or hardware product or these bugs are bound to certain language versions (we had our very own horror freezing in German and Polish versions one year ago).
    No, these kind of issues are not directly related to hardware. If our windows can cope with the hardware, so can the games because they rely on what windows feeds them. The hardware that can cause issues is exotic hardware, new drivers that are bugged, ancient drivers predating the game by too many years or windows not properly recognizing hardware.

I would be very suprised if a different language could cause problems. Its just text, not code.
    No, these kind of issues are not directly related to hardware. If our windows can cope with the hardware, so can the games because they rely on what windows feeds them. The hardware that can cause issues is exotic hardware, new drivers that are bugged, ancient drivers predating the game by too many years or windows not properly recognizing hardware.

I would be very suprised if a different language could cause problems. Its just text, not code.

No, there are definitvely "language bugs". Some months ago the German, Polish and Italian versions crashed when a doctor examined a patient or when a nanny knocked at the door (this was fortunately fixed with the toddler patch). In TS3 the stylist career was unplayable in most non-English versions for several months because you couldn't choose any clothes in the "Stylist CAS".
    After 20 years of gaming I thought Ive seen it all. But language causing issues? Wow. And I thought only bioware is capable of such levels of incompetence.
    edited June 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

nope it is so random. I have been trying to narrow down the cause for a few days now. I just started experiencing it since the parenthood patch. So far I have noticed a slight trend of using speed 3, hear the promotion sound, time goes backwards. Still investigating the issue to narrow down the cause but it is annoying. Thanks for the suggestions @cinebar.

Edit: Oops @cinebar I have so many bugs going on not sure which one you were referring to. If it was the sound bug see above. If it was the parent that never leaves bug @DivieOwl explained all...lol Sorry I was working on trying to figure out the sound bug today so it was on my mind.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2017
    It is a shame because theoretically, if we were to just consider the content of each of the game packs and expansion packs alone, and the toddler update the game would seem to be in a really good place. Vampires are well fleshed out, the interactive careers (upon release) were immersive, interesting and a lot of effort seemed to have been put in them, while we don't have bon voyage we have a nice vacation spot in Outdoor retreat, Parenthood actually allowing the way that your sims are raised to affect who they become as an adult, Spa day bringing a fleshed out Wellness skill and amazing yoga routines, the scenery alone being astonishingly beautiful even on majority medium graphics, Get together adding to the interactive, social theme of the sims 4 with it;s group system, venues, interactions, I could go on and on. Basically, this game should be amazing.

However, it is severely let down by the bugs. Every single one of these expansions,is effected in some way by a severe bug, some which are game breaking depending on the type of player you are. I don't think I would be able to enjoy rotational gameplay without MC Command center due to the level of relationship/ sim culling, forgot to turn it back on once, and all my household relationships were near decimated. With regards to Get to Work, luckily for me the Scientist career is working perfectly, Doctor Career is hit and miss, there are good days and bad days for bugs, but the Detective career...oh boy, the lag at the police station makes it near impossible to get tasks done, when you do get them done, sometimes the game won't even recognise it and it will still be listed as a task for completion and finding a suspect, due to the broken clue system and the disappearance of "nervous" animations is near to guesswork at this point (although I recognise this may be partly due to CC messing up clothing and hair descriptions). It shouldn't now take me more than 5 active career days to solve a case.

Dine out restaurant quality bugs are still knocking about. Townies are spawning with the most ridiculous outfits, and also has anyone else noticed their played vampires randomly turning up to lots during the day and just standing there while burning? Again if I didn't have MC Command centre to make them leave, I'd have a lot vampires dying on my community lots. Speaking of vampires, master vampires still have trouble drinking deeply from sims, although at least now the success rate seems to have improved from 0% to 20% in my game.

While I understand that yeah people spent money on stuff packs too so their bugs should be addressed as well, it is a little disheartening to keep seeing patch updates for the stuff packs while the large bugs effecting the game packs and expansion packs, which people departed with more cash for, are still ongoing.

I just think for the devs, it's a shame because on paper the content they have produced is great and it seems that they are finally, on paper, meeting different types of players needs (e.g family players, supernatural players, YA focused players). So don't squander your hard work by failing to address the large bugs that are muddying the gameplay vision that you spent your hours creating. Granted for the dine out bugs a guru mentioned on the EA bug forum that people are looking into it but it is proving difficult to fix so I understand these things take time. But when some of these bugs have been going on for years, and in the case of Get to work render a large proportion the pack unplayable, there needs to be a priority shift somewhere in terms of which bugs get fixed first.

Also just out of interest, I wonder how you guys would all feel if we didn't get monthly patches but instead got larger serious bug fix patches maybe every four/ three or even two months? Feel like I would rather that than the system we have now, personally.
    Post edited by anonmystery on
    edited June 2017
    But when some of these bugs have been going on for years, and in the case of Get to work render a large proportion the pack unplayable, there needs to be a priority shift somewhere in terms of which bugs get fixed first.
    What I find interesting is that they never announce when they made a breakthrough for a big bug because they never fixed big bugs so far. After parenthood was released they immediently announced another stuff pack coming in the next weeks while players got a pathetic patch.
    Also just out of interest, I wonder how you guys would all feel if we didn't get monthly patches but instead got larger serious bug fix patches maybe every four/ three or even two months? Feel like I would rather that than the system we have now, personally.
    It doesnt matter what frequency the patch come in. They dont fix the game breaking bugs. They just band aid the small ones that nobody cares about and ignore the big bugs since people started reporting them. But "they are being looking into". Somehow. Soon. Before the end of time. Maybe.
    As long as the gurus ignore us here and on the EA support page and refuse to fix the big bugs that are as old as this game, they cant come here and throw honey at us. I just dont buy it until they actually fix bugs that break this game.

But this is what modern games look like. Ignore the bugs, make new bugged content, ignore the community and pretend to be the best while people throw rotten tomatoes at the lying devs.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    It doesnt matter what frequency the patch come in. .

I figured, if there's some set frequency of patches, i.e they have to release a bug fix on average once a month as a rule, then it could influence them to be short-termist in their thinking and prioritize bugs which are quicker/easier to fix, while temporarily putting others on the back burner. This is speculation and I can't say for sure that they are bounded by a release pattern but if they were, maybe having more time to work on the large bugs alone could be more beneficial. To an extent I wonder if player expectations are causing them to push underwhelming patches out on a monthly basis to avoid backlash.