Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Astreia sale page hasn't changed for me either~ i wish it would, though, since 1) i own 99% of what's on it and 2) there are 2 sets that would have been free if they weren't on that page.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @taratownie You're very welcome :) Haha, something like that ;) I had spare points to give around.

@Nomiko13 that's incredibly kind of you. And lucky you~ I would love to get that many ads, so then I could send all kinds of things to all of you (without having to pass on DD items I'm hoping to pick up). I really hope you manage to own the store soon, and I'll help when I can. :)

Kinda burnt out on the game itself right now, though I could never tire of you guys. :)

Thank you <3
    Also, ditto. Could never get tired of this community.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @Nomiko13 no, thank YOU. :heart:

looks like ads are back to not paying; drives me batty, since it totally leeches the life out of this board~ ads not working makes it harder for us to send each other pretty things (which i will do, once the darn things start paying again; right now, i have to conserve every last sp i currently have unless i want to wait yet another rotation for world of wonder).

annoyed as i may be with non-paying ads, at least this game has brought all of us together; i have nothing but the warm fuzzies for all of you, and i wish i could say the same for ea.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Looks like I spoke too soon. The ad drought is still in force here too. I did rack up some points during the legendary week that payed. Not enough for a world but...

Happy Day
    oh my goodness, just woke up to grab bohemian garden and saw a bunch of notifications~ @scillakees , you beautiful person you; thank you for gifting me 4 of my top 5 :):heart::cookie:

updated top 5 and cys!

also thanks again to everyone who helped make bohemian garden free~ @Dusty_Boots @charlotteprice and @Kylieb191 ... hugs to you guys as well :):heart::cookie:

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thank you @scillakees for the gifts! It was indeed a happy day for me! ;)

Top5 updated.
  • Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    @Nomiko13 congrats! I'm pretty close to owning the store, myself. I just need a lot of individual items, a handful of sets, and Lunar Lakes.

I'm just afraid I won't know what to do with my life after I'm done spamming ads. I've been farming Simpoints off and on for nearly a year now, so I guess I'll have to find something to fill that void.

Maybe I could, y'know, actually play the game for once...
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Sorry i've been super busy just lately and rarely have been around but like you lovely people my points stopped, about 48 hours ago now or getting the no ad available box :( but going to try to watch them just incase they get added in the end and then i'll be back to gifting you all again :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome day so far
    So happy that you got Bohemian Gardens free @lauravonawesome ! Btw the only thing I do really want from Back 2 Skool is the shark slide but i'll probably use bits and pieces from the set for the folks in Lunar Lake or the future home :) And lol maybe you should, at least you'd hassle them to get working on fixing the ads ;), hey if I can figure out mods and get them working then you can lol. I thought I owned victorian fashions and date night a while back but obviously turned out that I didn't but there's are a lot of gorgeous outfits from both sets.
    Yeah I know that all too well, i've got a lot on my plate at the moment and it's kinda taking a toll but I know that 2018 will be our year :). As for Bayside i'd go for the cheaper option as you'll more than likely get that bigger set free :P. Aw bless you :( it makes studying and such harder when you don't like the place but glad that everything has worked out on that side of things.

In all honesty I get burned out with a few hobbies then I constantly get obsessed again and back to being burned out. Like you say if you eat the same thing all day and everyday you're gonna get bored.

Thank you so much to @scillakees for the gorgeous classic collared top (I adore the peter pan collar it has ^_^), The Strikingly Sparkled Blazer & the Ink Drop Shirt - my men (and teen boys) always appreciate the clothing that I have been gifted and who doesn't appreciate a smart looking man ;)

@Astreia No problem :) yeah i'll put up a copy of my sales pages as a few sets changed for me, i'm now questioning myself lol but Back 2 Skool and I want to say Fifth Avenue Fashions were replaced, I only noticed Back 2 Skool really as it used to be 195sp left to pay but when I checked recently it had shot up to 270sp

Top 5 has been updated - Sadly I only have 75sp and up items left which I feel bad about, sorry! D:
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @scillakees for your gifts! <3<3 Love your legendary week that payed!

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Thanks @scillakees and @Nomiko13 for clearing my top five!

New top five:

1. Summer Shell - 75 Simpoints

2. Blouse and Long Sweater - 75 Simpoints

3. The Octane Suit - 75 Simpoints

4. Mock Hawk - 75 Simpoints

5. Bow Dress - 75 Simpoints
    edited June 2017
    Speaking of burned out i'm having time away from my sim families for the moment, But, It's a little bit off topic this is my WIP that I started tonight & with not a lot to go on via the website my inspirition house is from :smile:. - some windows and fencing may be temporary: http://www.builderhouseplans.com/house-plans/bhp/collections/contemporary-craftsman/hwbdo11407.html
    Screenshot-244_zpsku4jgg8d.jpg
    Screenshot-250_zpsgsy3bgrp.jpg
    Screenshot-248_zpsbup9jdnf.jpg
    Screenshot-249_zps9exya9dt.jpg

And a question for you guys, do you like the stairs dark to match the foundation or the white to make it pop more:Screenshot-245_zpsjuyndt40.jpg
    Screenshot-246_zpsxohqsqwp.jpg
    Zpj9msL.png
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @Kylieb191 Yeah, one picture isn't much to go on. Must say I absolutely love the colour you gave the exterior. I really hope you keep it since I think it looks gorgeous!
    As for the colour of the stairs I was going to say I preferred the dark one, but taking into consideration the colour of the roof (if that is the colour you ultimately will be going with) I would say that I prefer the white ones. I feel that otherwise the house might just be a bit too dark for my taste (I say, as if my simmies will be the ones moving in :lol:)
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited June 2017
    @Kylieb191 i like your lot so far~ definitely more elaborate than anything i could build.

since my graphics card is dying, i can't really play the game until i get a new one (which is sad, since i wanted to try my new stuff). but at least i can stalk the dd, or play fallout 4 on my husband's computer while he's at work.

@Me1620 thank you for the dolled up curtains from the jazz age set!
    top 5 updated :)

Thank you @scillakees for gifting me a couple of my Top 5 items! Congrats on the legendary week for ads on your account. I had stacked up points from ads until I had over 11k simpoints and then gifted a lot to folks in the community :blush: Now, I'm just trying to stack up on points again, but they haven't been in my favor alarmingly. Ads are taking several days to load points onto my account and now ads aren't even playing for me right now, even though they keep popping up. I'm just glad

Top 5 Updated Here!
    @Nomiko13 congrats! I'm pretty close to owning the store, myself. I just need a lot of individual items, a handful of sets, and Lunar Lakes.

I'm just afraid I won't know what to do with my life after I'm done spamming ads. I've been farming Simpoints off and on for nearly a year now, so I guess I'll have to find something to fill that void.

Maybe I could, y'know, actually play the game for once...

Also, you're very welcome @Gamefreak130 and thank you! And I'm honestly confused about what to do with my life after I own the store too. I've been point farming and whatnot to fill the void from me not being able to play Sims 3. I probably won't be able to play TS3 until later this year when I get my hands on a high-end desktop during Black Friday sales this November.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    > @Nomiko13 said:
    > Also, you're very welcome @Gamefreak130 and thank you! And I'm honestly confused about what to do with my life after I own the store too. I've been point farming and whatnot to fill the void from me not being able to play Sims 3. I probably won't be able to play TS3 until later this year when I get my hands on a high-end desktop during Black Friday sales this November.

Just be careful with that shiny new desktop. Thanks to some borked coding, playing The Sims 3 has been known to burn out high-end graphics cards prematurely because the game will force the card to produce 2500+ frames per second. You'll be fine as long as you use some sort of frame limiter, though.
    edited June 2017
    @Kylieb191 Yeah, one picture isn't much to go on. Must say I absolutely love the colour you gave the exterior. I really hope you keep it since I think it looks gorgeous!
    As for the colour of the stairs I was going to say I preferred the dark one, but taking into consideration the colour of the roof (if that is the colour you ultimately will be going with) I would say that I prefer the white ones. I feel that otherwise the house might just be a bit too dark for my taste (I say, as if my simmies will be the ones moving in :lol:)

Thank you I will be keeping, I may make the foundation lighter though to give it a lighter feel :) I may go lighter for the roofing as well just so the house doesn't look too dark, the original house seems to do that with the guttering, etc :) and lol sometimes it's best to picture your simmies moving in :pensive:

Thank you @lauravonawesome yeah, I think to do these ellaborate builds then realise half way through that some things the game can only do so much and um roofing is always a problem for me :P, got a lot to do yet but should keep me going until I want to start playing my families again :).
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Zpj9msL.png
    > @Nomiko13 said:
    > Also, you're very welcome @Gamefreak130 and thank you! And I'm honestly confused about what to do with my life after I own the store too. I've been point farming and whatnot to fill the void from me not being able to play Sims 3. I probably won't be able to play TS3 until later this year when I get my hands on a high-end desktop during Black Friday sales this November.

Just be careful with that shiny new desktop. Thanks to some borked coding, playing The Sims 3 has been known to burn out high-end graphics cards prematurely because the game will force the card to produce 2500+ frames per second. You'll be fine as long as you use some sort of frame limiter, though.

I have no idea what a frame limiter is :lol: I need to become more familiar with computer jargon. But I'll keep this in mind! Thanks for the insight.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    > @Nomiko13 said:

I have no idea what a frame limiter is :lol: I need to become more familiar with computer jargon. But I'll keep this in mind! Thanks for the insight.

Sounds like that may be what happened to my graphics card. Sure, it's an r7 260x that's almost 5 years old now, but my husband (who's a PC repair tech) says parts should be good for 5-10 years... I wonder if the game burnt it out prematurely, since I've been playing TS3 almost nonstop since my operation.

Knowing that, I'll be careful with my next card.

Hubs can probably tweak the .ini file or whatever it's called, so as to cap the frame rate at 60 FPS (which I understand is the gold standard for gaming)~ he built my PC and taught me what little I do know about computer parts, though I'm not technically inclined and he may as well be speaking Mandarin Chinese to me when he talks about hardware specs.

I tried booting up TS2 and 4, since they're less graphically demanding than 3. But both will only run for ~15 minutes before my computer automatically shuts itself off. Other than the graphics card, everything else is brand new, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what's causing the problem.

@Nomiko13 if you have a techie friend, get him or her to build you a computer instead. S/he will know where to shop for the best deals on individual parts and it will be cheaper than buying a pre-assembled PC.

> @lauravonawesome said:
    >
    > Hubs can probably tweak the .ini file or whatever it's called, so as to cap the frame rate at 60 FPS (which I understand is the gold standard for gaming)~ he built my PC and taught me what little I do know about computer parts, though I'm not technically inclined and he may as well be speaking Mandarin Chinese to me when he talks about hardware specs.

Unfortunately, it's not quite as easy as an ini tweak. If I recall, there's a program called Nvidia inspector (and/or AMD Catalyst Control Center, depending on the brand of graphics card) that can force the program to run at a certain framerate.

> I tried booting up TS2 and 4, since they're less graphically demanding than 3. But both will only run for ~15 minutes before my computer automatically shuts itself off. Other than the graphics card, everything else is brand new, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what's causing the problem.

Honestly, that sounds more like an overheating problem to me than a destroyed graphics card problem, but that wouldn't make much sense if everything else is new. Still, it's possible that some dust is choking out your computer or graphics card fans.

> @Nomiko13 if you have a techie friend, get him or her to build you a computer instead. S/he will know where to shop for the best deals on individual parts and it will be cheaper than buying a pre-assembled PC.

This. If you're going high-end, it is often MUCH cheaper to buy individual parts and either assemble it yourself or get someone to assemble it for you than it is to buy a prebuilt machine of similar specs. You'll also have little to no bloatware, as well.
    @Gamefreak130 that's what we thought as well. But he took my computer apart, cleaned the whole thing out, and this is still happening. We've tried tweaking the fans through MSI Afterburner, and it didn't help either.

I know he uses Catalyst, since he uses AMD parts almost exclusively, but I have no idea how to use it, so will ask him about that when he gets in from work.

TY :)

• SuppaStarinSuppaStarin Posts: 108 Member
    Back again because I cleaned up my top 5 :)
    top 5 updated thanks to @SuppaStarin :)

• LoveGirlLoveGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Hey, everyone! I feel new here again because I've been gone for about a year. I had a baby IRL so I had to take a short break playing with TS3 babies! Haha. I can't believe I'm returning in the middle of the ads not working on the site! I've been trying all morning and haven't budged from 98 points. I'm going to be gifting again ASAP though!!
    LoveGirl89 in TS3 Store
    @LoveGirl Welcome back! :) And yeah, the ads have been funky for everyone here :expressionless:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Updated Top 5 Here

My Top 5 needed an update badly.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg