Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you REALLY like the new pack?

191011121315...Next

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @joseandchocolate said:
    > pepperjax1230 wrote: »
    >
    > sunman502 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > gamekitten wrote: »
    >
    > I made that statement because how I gave my opinion, yes negative criticism and I was told why my opinion was wrong and how I should play. If you like/love Sims 4, that is great honestly! But to underhand someones post because you do not like what it states (and their personal opinion) is just wrong. Parenthood for me is a fail, because I do not want to micro manage every aspect of my Sims life. I even blamed myself for once again for failing to just say no. And still my words were met with underhanded posts about how I was doing it wrong.
    >
    >
    >
    > You can have your opinions and I find Parenthood more challenging and yes you do have to micro mange them a little more then you would if you didn't have the pack. But for example in my game if my sims child was being bad my parenting skills toward them have been to be strict and they do have discipline the child in my game was grounded 3 time and for an entire day she only had the option to do homework or read. She couldn't play with toys she couldn't watch TV and she couldn't use the computer. She has a problem with having a curfew to that I set when she was a toddler. Now saying that I can't stand playing kids now after this pack even though it adds more to your game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So this is what grounded is like in the game. :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually grounding is fun in this pack but then I feel sorry for my sims kids. The parent has to at least have a high skill and they can ground kids for making messes and breaking curfew and if they do something wrong again you can add more things to the grounding.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How long does grounding last? Last time I grounded a sim they just sat in a corner for 1 minute and then they went on with the rest of their day

Oh No! you let your child sit in the corner for a whole minute without giving them a cookie to eat or ice cream. shame on you. lol
    I think they should have it more like real kids and wine mommy I will be good, mommy I will be good. while sitting in the corner for that super long 1 minute.
    I just wish the kids and teens would stop saying ty for that.lol when do teens say thank you for parenting them. Not going to happen.

I want to see more bad behavior. and bring home some report cards. Teens can be encouraged not too much makeup for school or to go change their outfit. or not to wear the parent's clothes. bad kids are more fun then good kids. Bring home misbehaving friends.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sims 4 has improved but it has more trade offs Imho being you are confined to the same neighborhoods that one cannot alter. One would have hoped there would be tools that would have evolved as the Sims series moved on, it did but not in areas that I felt was important. I have accepted Sims 4 shortcomings. Some areas Sims 4 are better than Sims 3 which should been expected and some areas it has either took a step back or it just did evolve at all. I still prefer the mechanics of Sims 3 being I could use tools that enhanced the game for me. I like the worlds because it was editable and the only option that comes from Sims 4 that would been nice in Sims 3 is the going between neighborhoods. I hate waiting for EA/Maxis to give me a new neighborhood and on top of it is more of their vision and not mine. Sadly I have to adapt to their reasoning, People have differ stokes and different views. However, even with this pack which I do like it still does not bring it to it's full potential and that is my opinion. One other thing while one may think it is all about focusing the sim that is nice and all but I do not play to see how an Sim reacts, I like to see both sides and Sims does not really do that for me and for some folks it will take more to get them on board.

It's true that there are no terrain tools and you can't alter the public spaces, but you can change up the houses in the neighborhoods any time you want -- I've made a lot of changes to the original Sim worlds. The Goths probably hate me because I moved them and their house to the 30x30 lot in Forgotten Hollow because it didn't fit the new aesthetic of that neighborhood. :D

There are no terrain tools. You can edit ANY lot you want. Even if you are currently visiting a community lot you can click on your build tool and have infinite money to build on those community lots.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Sims 4 has improved but it has more trade offs Imho being you are confined to the same neighborhoods that one cannot alter. One would have hoped there would be tools that would have evolved as the Sims series moved on, it did but not in areas that I felt was important. I have accepted Sims 4 shortcomings. Some areas Sims 4 are better than Sims 3 which should been expected and some areas it has either took a step back or it just did evolve at all. I still prefer the mechanics of Sims 3 being I could use tools that enhanced the game for me. I like the worlds because it was editable and the only option that comes from Sims 4 that would been nice in Sims 3 is the going between neighborhoods. I hate waiting for EA/Maxis to give me a new neighborhood and on top of it is more of their vision and not mine. Sadly I have to adapt to their reasoning, People have differ stokes and different views. However, even with this pack which I do like it still does not bring it to it's full potential and that is my opinion. One other thing while one may think it is all about focusing the sim that is nice and all but I do not play to see how an Sim reacts, I like to see both sides and Sims does not really do that for me and for some folks it will take more to get them on board.

It's true that there are no terrain tools and you can't alter the public spaces, but you can change up the houses in the neighborhoods any time you want -- I've made a lot of changes to the original Sim worlds. The Goths probably hate me because I moved them and their house to the 30x30 lot in Forgotten Hollow because it didn't fit the new aesthetic of that neighborhood. :D

There are no terrain tools. You can edit ANY lot you want. Even if you are currently visiting a community lot you can click on your build tool and have infinite money to build on those community lots.
    Ya wish that applied to your sims house to :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

just use the motherlode cheat and it won't be a problem*g*
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

just use the motherlode cheat and it won't be a problem*g*
    I know but I actually don't like using money cheats unless I am putting sims in houses they can't afford and finding out if they can make it or not.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @liliaeth said:
    >
    > alan650111 wrote: »
    >
    > stilljustme2 wrote: »
    >
    > Goldmoldar wrote: »
    >
    > Sims 4 has improved but it has more trade offs Imho being you are confined to the same neighborhoods that one cannot alter. One would have hoped there would be tools that would have evolved as the Sims series moved on, it did but not in areas that I felt was important. I have accepted Sims 4 shortcomings. Some areas Sims 4 are better than Sims 3 which should been expected and some areas it has either took a step back or it just did evolve at all. I still prefer the mechanics of Sims 3 being I could use tools that enhanced the game for me. I like the worlds because it was editable and the only option that comes from Sims 4 that would been nice in Sims 3 is the going between neighborhoods. I hate waiting for EA/Maxis to give me a new neighborhood and on top of it is more of their vision and not mine. Sadly I have to adapt to their reasoning, People have differ stokes and different views. However, even with this pack which I do like it still does not bring it to it's full potential and that is my opinion. One other thing while one may think it is all about focusing the sim that is nice and all but I do not play to see how an Sim reacts, I like to see both sides and Sims does not really do that for me and for some folks it will take more to get them on board.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's true that there are no terrain tools and you can't alter the public spaces, but you can change up the houses in the neighborhoods any time you want -- I've made a lot of changes to the original Sim worlds. The Goths probably hate me because I moved them and their house to the 30x30 lot in Forgotten Hollow because it didn't fit the new aesthetic of that neighborhood. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There are no terrain tools. You can edit ANY lot you want. Even if you are currently visiting a community lot you can click on your build tool and have infinite money to build on those community lots.
    >
    >
    >
    > Ya wish that applied to your sims house to :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > just use the motherlode cheat and it won't be a problem*g*

> @alan650111 said:
    > stilljustme2 wrote: »
    >
    > Goldmoldar wrote: »
    >
    > Sims 4 has improved but it has more trade offs Imho being you are confined to the same neighborhoods that one cannot alter. One would have hoped there would be tools that would have evolved as the Sims series moved on, it did but not in areas that I felt was important. I have accepted Sims 4 shortcomings. Some areas Sims 4 are better than Sims 3 which should been expected and some areas it has either took a step back or it just did evolve at all. I still prefer the mechanics of Sims 3 being I could use tools that enhanced the game for me. I like the worlds because it was editable and the only option that comes from Sims 4 that would been nice in Sims 3 is the going between neighborhoods. I hate waiting for EA/Maxis to give me a new neighborhood and on top of it is more of their vision and not mine. Sadly I have to adapt to their reasoning, People have differ stokes and different views. However, even with this pack which I do like it still does not bring it to it's full potential and that is my opinion. One other thing while one may think it is all about focusing the sim that is nice and all but I do not play to see how an Sim reacts, I like to see both sides and Sims does not really do that for me and for some folks it will take more to get them on board.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's true that there are no terrain tools and you can't alter the public spaces, but you can change up the houses in the neighborhoods any time you want -- I've made a lot of changes to the original Sim worlds. The Goths probably hate me because I moved them and their house to the 30x30 lot in Forgotten Hollow because it didn't fit the new aesthetic of that neighborhood. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There are no terrain tools. You can edit ANY lot you want. Even if you are currently visiting a community lot you can click on your build tool and have infinite money to build on those community lots.

Aww, you really care about your Sims. you have a good heart. But if they are Gothic. they would be happier there I would think. just add more Gothic families.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

"motherlode" and "kaching" are your friends! ;)
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    we are 15 pages in holyyyyy cow plant
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    So far, I really enjoy playing Parenthood. It's not only because of the obvious new gameplay and the furniture. It's also the cute little details the pack has added, for example that my sims now spontaneously and autonomously "think about family members" sometimes and that their relatives call them just to have a little chat. :)
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I like the new pack. It's made family play a lot more interesting.
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I think the game packs are by far the most focused and fleshed out detailed packs, they are the best but I definitely want more expansions!!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    I think the game packs are by far the most focused and fleshed out detailed packs, they are the best but I definitely want more expansions!!

I think after nearly 3 years we could of had upto 6 expansions packs by now.
    The sims 3 had had so much more to what we have now with 4 in its year 3.

Game packs are great with this game but limited and small compared to what a expansion can bring.
    All this Vocus on game pack a and stuff packs instead of expansions is just annoying.

At this rate the sims 4 will have to lowest number of expansions in its 17 years of the whole series.

Yes they have done a great job with game packs.

How about you do the same with the next expansion EA

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    AmyDames wrote: »

I think after nearly 3 years we could of had upto 6 expansions packs by now.
    The sims 3 had had so much more to what we have now with 4 in its year 3.

Game packs are great with this game but limited and small compared to what a expansion can bring.
    All this Vocus on game pack a and stuff packs instead of expansions is just annoying.

At this rate the sims 4 will have to lowest number of expansions in its 17 years of the whole series.

Yes they have done a great job with game packs.

How about you do the same with the next expansion EA

The difference though, is that sims 3 apparently reused a lot of the gamecode of sims 2, which made it easier to come up with similar stuff for sims 3.

Whereas sims 4 has a different gamecode altogether, meaning developers had to start from scratch, making it a lot more work.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Also, Sims 3 had two EP teams right?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Also, Sims 3 had two EP teams right?

Yeah they did, hence we had seasons and supernatural come out not long after each other, same with Island Paradise and Into The Future
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Just saying that I love this GP :) The only thing I miss compared to TS3 Generations EP is the elders' walking cane. Perhaps we'll get a separate Elderhood GP (jk).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well they are putting a lot effort together for stuff packs and game packs.
    I don't see why the same amount of effort can't be made to bring us more expansions.

We have had two game packs now with no expansions.

it seems like we won't be getting many EP's.

I do like the vampire GP and most of the parenting one.

But they don't bring what a EP can.

New tools maybe for build more and buy mode or create a Sim
    More option with public area's in each of the hoods.

The possibility for new tools and options you normally get in a EP.
    Well thank you to the modders.

So now they only have one group.
    Is that the excuse people give us now.

For such a small group they give us plenty of SP's GP's.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    So far, I am liking the pack. For 20 (US) Dollars, it is a good price for what you get.

I haven't played through the pack a lot yet. Only a little bit. But so far? It has been a fun experience. Even though I have only played the pack for a few hours (settings up my current save and will start playing then), I can't imagine playing with families without it.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I was loving it until my teens got high good mannered character values and then became unhealthily obsessed with imaginary washing up.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    I would like to have Parenthood GP, but I can't :(
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    [quote="Cinebar;c-15794554"]I really don't mind anymore if they stop building EPs for TS4 as long as some GPs have new worlds that aren't strictly vacation worlds. The GPs for TS4 have been imo the best part of this game as a whole. What they could do if they wanted or needed to do is release new worlds and just sell GPs. Because they are affordable (more so than EPs) and very focused on what they want to bring to the game. And with a new world (somewhat cheaper o.k. a lot cheaper than TS3 worlds) I wouldn't mind that sort of setup as long as they keep building new worlds.[/quote]

I could get behind this, although it's not my ideal. Still, you gotta do whatever you can with the cards you're dealt, I suppose... Even if it means walking away, for example, as I did with TS3.

I sort of disagree about no more vacation-only worlds, though. I'd kind of like more vacation spots than just Granite Falls. Perhaps there's a happy medium, though, that I haven't thought about. But given the really limited number of lots per world, I have to really wonder if it's even possible.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Well they are putting a lot effort together for stuff packs and game packs.
    I don't see why the same amount of effort can't be made to bring us more expansions.

We have had two game packs now with no expansions.

it seems like we won't be getting many EP's.

I do like the vampire GP and most of the parenting one.

But they don't bring what a EP can.

New tools maybe for build more and buy mode or create a Sim
    More option with public area's in each of the hoods.

The possibility for new tools and options you normally get in a EP.
    Well thank you to the modders.

So now they only have one group.
    Is that the excuse people give us now.

For such a small group they give us plenty of SP's GP's.

If EA is going to get new tools for build mode or CAS those will likely be in patch, especially if it's something like terrain tools or like we got the basic teeth options in a patch then they added the fangs with the Vampire GP. New staircases (spiral and L-shaped) would likely be in a related pack. I'd like to see spiral stairs and proper conical or octagonal roofs arrive in a Witches or general Magic GP so I can build proper towers for my witches, wizards and mages.

I'm not sure how many different groups there are in the Sims division -- I think each type of pack has a separate group (EP, GP, SP) plus there's the engagement team that does stuff like the Boost Weeks and challenges, QA, the bug squashing team, etc. Sometimes groups will "borrow" staff from other groups to help with prodution (they did that with GT to add more content, and I think the engagement team got a lot of help from developers in other groups when they did toddlers) so the makeup of the teams can be a bit fluid. In Sims 3 there were two separate groups developing EPs -- but since the two groups were in two different locations (Redwood Shores and Salt Lake City) there wasn't a lot of communication and sometimes actions taken by one group in their pack broke features added by the other group (two notable examples were when excavation in WA got broken -- Sims would stamp their feet with routing errors even if they were standing right next to the dig spot -- and then in Pets many of the gem spawners got changed into dog dig spots, making it harder to find rarer gems). And because of the lack of communication many of the bugs either never got fixed or took a long time to fix, leaving mod developers to pick up the slack.

Sims 3 also had the Store which supplied game play items...at a cost.

Personally I prefer the GPs as a supplement to EPs at a lower price point. It also allows players to customize their games easier. Suppose instead of having vampires as a GP, they were in an EP like City Living? Those who absolutely did not want vampires in their game would be forced to pass on an EP altogether and would miss having an urban/city world. This way, players can have the city world without the vampires, then add the vampires later. Dine Out (despite the bugs) and Parenthood are also great examples of themes that benefitted from the GP format rather than trying to squeeze them into an EP. I even think that GTW might have been better as two separate GPs, or maybe combine the retail with Dine Out's restaurants since they use a similar format, which would have given more time and budget for the actual active careers plus better implemented aliens.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)