Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They've become self aware....

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    bberger1 wrote: »
    I had a save that my sim had just moved into an apartment and the welcome wagon came. Everysim was chilling and talking...except one. I looked in the kitchen and one of the neighbor sims was staring AT ME and wouldn't looked away for a few actual minutes. I tried to et a picture but I couldn't get it to work. It was unnerving.

That's very creepy
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @SimChickee said:
    > bberger1 wrote: »
    >
    > I had a save that my sim had just moved into an apartment and the welcome wagon came. Everysim was chilling and talking...except one. I looked in the kitchen and one of the neighbor sims was staring AT ME and wouldn't looked away for a few actual minutes. I tried to et a picture but I couldn't get it to work. It was unnerving.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's very creepy

The fact that you could not get the picture it may have been frozen or something else was up with that sim spy. Lol, you're right it's creepy funny and scary......
    maybe we have real people posing as sims in our sims 4 games, just to check us out. and to see what we are up to. Perhaps it liked your avatar.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Maybe we're all living in a simulation? Perhaps unbeknownst to us we're simulating these sims as we're being simulated in one big simulated universe... but who could be the one in control? Perhaps it's... Wait a minute... Will Wright!
  • Options
    > @SimChickee said:
    > Maybe we're all living in a simulation? Perhaps unbeknownst to us we're simulating these sims as we're being simulated in one big simulated universe... but who could be the one in control? Perhaps it's... Wait a minute... Will Wright!

A sims husband got insulted before in gameplay of Sims 4. It was a pop-up that said ("he was like a teapot short and stout and ready to blow his top.) It was funny but mean.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @SimChickee said:
    > Maybe we're all living in a simulation? Perhaps unbeknownst to us we're simulating these sims as we're being simulated in one big simulated universe... but who could be the one in control? Perhaps it's... Wait a minute... Will Wright!

A sims husband got insulted before in gameplay of Sims 4. It was a pop-up that said ("he was like a teapot short and stout and ready to blow his top.) It was funny but mean.

Wow that's crazy, I wish mine said these funny things.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm good to my Simmies, too. I just love them too much to ever harm them. But, I do miss how sometimes they would turn and look straight at me through the screen. Ah, Sims2, you were the best. Now, if we could just have the cream of that iteration with the innovations from Sims4, my life would be complete. ;)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    There was a big discourse on this very subject in the TS3 forum and many (including me) found that the more you played your sims, the more they seemed to be becoming "aware"!

I still maintain that sims, being AI, could become self aware and self determining. Sometimes they just don't do what you want at all. And sometimes, they take off and do really funny things all on their own. It's so cool to think it's in the Sims 4 too!! Gotta play this game more.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I just noticed this yesterday! :D
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I've been playing this family of four I made ever since Parenthood came out. Yesterday, I had the brother and sister standing in front of the house because it was so close to school time. I paused the game, and the brother kept looking down at his sister. Repeatedly, even though the game was paused. I know it's a glitch, but what a creepy glitch!! It freaked me out for a minute, lol.
  • Options
    iiHomeworldGemiiHomeworldGem Posts: 10 New Member
    > @SparklePlumley said:
    > iiHomeworldGem wrote: »
    >
    > I saw a "what if" theory that said:
    > Whenever we forget something randomly that we're about to say, it's the author of our lives backspacing.
    > BUT THINK ABOUT IT :00000000
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oooh, that totally just gave me the heebee jeebies.
    > *shivers*

>:DDDD
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Our sims have been aware of us for quite some time. One of my first families in TS2 was my simself and her husband. She didn't have anything to do for a moment, and just stood there. Suddenly she turned her head, tilted it upwards and looked at me. I did take a picture, but not sure I can find it anymore (PC crash), might be in a folder on my site, though.

I've seen many sims do this afterwards, mostly in TS2. Kind of makes you jump a little :)

Anytime they did that in 2 it freaked me the plum out and I had to pan away fast!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    Maybe we're all living in a simulation? Perhaps unbeknownst to us we're simulating these sims as we're being simulated in one big simulated universe... but who could be the one in control? Perhaps it's... Wait a minute... Will Wright!

Either that or the Architect.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    your right, they are aware of us and aware we control them. The reason, they wave at us when they have to go to the bathroom. and show us they are starving. oh, so annoying. :#
    I do not think the Toddlers are aware of us?
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    I posted a thread about this a few years ago.

I'll repeat my post here instead of linking to a really old thread....

There is a theory that has been taken, to some extent, quite seriously by some in the scientific community and that is our universe is actually one massive computer simulation.

Anyhow, make your own minds up.

This is an abstract of the published scientific paper:

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true:

(1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage
    (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof)
    (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

And for those that like a really juicy read. Here is the whole thing:

ARE YOU LIVING IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION?
    BY NICK BOSTROM
    Faculty of Philosophy, Oxford University

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

:sunglasses:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    I saw that movie. hahaha
    Theory only in your dreams.
    things only get better if EA and Maxis make us the pack Lol.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    xPaxion wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    xPaxion wrote: »
    I wish my Sim would become self aware would make the game 1000% more fun.

omg they'd be like my little babies. I'd give them the best life. Not that I already don't but I'd try to take extra good care then.

Do you ever just fulfill a Sims wishes and never control them?

LOL< I want to answer this. omg, nO! lol, they are way too annoying to allow that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've seen that interaction in my own game. Love it!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Reminds me of Sims Strangetown I played on PSP when sims 2 was in full swing. The villian (i think) was very aware he was being controlled. That game was soooo fun!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Was it Sims 2 when occasionally a Sim would look directly at the player and say something?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    More self-awareness in the game please it would make it more dramatic.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Was it Sims 2 when occasionally a Sim would look directly at the player and say something?

They for sure looked right at you but I wonder if they said something like if they were hungry or if something was in the way?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie