Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you turn a mega-bloated Sim into a fit Sim with diet and excercise?

I was thinking of making a good-looking Sim in CAS - then using the body sliders to make them super fat and have no muscle.

Then, in-game - let them pig out for a Sim week - ie overfeed them - pizzas, etc - watch TV, etc.

Let the fox see the rabbit's ears - ie let them see an attractive Sim and make them change their ways to get their quarry.

Then start sending them to the gym etc to to make them super-fit.

HOWEVER, I don't want to start this challenge if it is impossible for a super-bloated Sim to ever be super-fit.

Anyone tried this?

Comments

• joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Yes! You can lose weight and gain muscle at the gym :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited June 2017
    In CAS, we can make a Sim bloated as full as possible; however, in addition, we can grab their stomach and pull it out even further.

Do we know if additional CAS edits, to make a Sim fat, are corrected with weight-loss/fitness?
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Yes, everything will be slimmed down. :)
    The progress is pretty fast too
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
    I am not sure that they will.

If I change the sliders back again in CAS, I still have a pot-bellied Sim when it has had additional CAS edits put on it.

So, I think that possibly it has to be a Sim that only has the main sliders used on it - not any additional tweaks.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    It's possible to make them slim but be careful on which exercise you choose. Certain ones will give you muscle without slimming the belly completely . (At least that's what happened to some of my sims)
    I recommend treadmills first
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    The arrows change body shape; I don't think that part is mutable in live mode. Anything related to the weight/muscle sliders is for sure though. (I don't have any special knowledge on this, I'm just going off of what I remember in my playing from observation.)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    You should go ahead with your plan and test everything out, then please let us know the results. I have been wondering about this too. My theory agrees with the poster above, but im not 100% positive. It definitely warrants testing.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    It would be possible if you only use the fat/fit sliders, but if you click and drag the belly out that would stay out when the sim is thin as it's considered natural and genetic or whatever, so if you want to make your sim fit after only use the sliders. :)
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    To make it so they can properly "train themselves slim", I always put the sliders at 50/50 and then shape their body to be normal. Afer that I apply the sliders. So that when they lose/gain muscles for example, the body proportions aren't suddenly weird.
    I've gone off this idea now, I'd rather my Sim did Daycare.
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Definitely only main sliders. It's like youre actually changing bone structure when you're pulling directly. But it's completely possible to have the sliders on the biggest then slim down in game,
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Jogging and swimming is the best exercise for your sim to lose their weight. The biggest problem in making a larger sim in CAS is the stomach slider. The sim will get fit but the extended stomach slider will stay in place. The end result, a slim sim with a six-pack, and a puffy stomach. However, sims that go on an exclusive liquid diet lose all the weight without the puffy stomach
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    There's a simple way to test this - when you're making them in CAS, slim them back down. If they look slim it's going to work, if they don't you know you need to reduce some sliders.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yes, it's possible since he doesn't have any muscle.

Just make him swim, jog and use the treadmill. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Don't stretch out any of the body parts. When they lose the weight, it'll all be there still. Tested this awhile back, so not sure if it was patched or anything (it's not really a bug).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I've done this a lot. Made my sim first then put the slider right up to the max. Then make the sim only eat when desperately hungry and lots of exercise. Worked really well.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    After doing that do they gain back the weight fast if you don't keep on top of it?
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited June 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I was thinking of making a good-looking Sim in CAS - then using the body sliders to make them super fat and have no muscle.

Then, in-game - let them pig out for a Sim week - ie overfeed them - pizzas, etc - watch TV, etc.

Let the fox see the rabbit's ears - ie let them see an attractive Sim and make them change their ways to get their quarry.

Then start sending them to the gym etc to to make them super-fit.

HOWEVER, I don't want to start this challenge if it is impossible for a super-bloated Sim to ever be super-fit.

Anyone tried this?

... Why not just take a super fat sim, like Mila Munch (a real big bowl full of jelly) and then go to "Let the fox see the rabbit's ears"? I say this cause all that sounds like so much work LOL; make a thin sim, fatten them up (who knows how long it'd take to properly fatten them up lol) then moving on to "Let the fox see the rabbit's ears" lol. I'm afraid I'd get bored going the long way probably long before the end knowing how I am...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    After doing that do they gain back the weight fast if you don't keep on top of it?

Mine haven't until they have children then the real struggle is on. For some reason it's really hard to make them loose again after babies if they were originally overweight to begin with. Hadn't really thought of that until now.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Going to the gym doesn't actually work in my game anymore. I had to resort to drinking the lean potion which makes them absurdly too thin in weird places. Like a string doll with a knot for a head.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    A "string doll with a knot for a head": - yikes. I've never used that potion and I'm not sure knot head is something I look forward to if I do .
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Is there a way to make a sim fat and then have them work out in a gym and get skinner for this pack
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Is there a way to make a sim fat and then have them work out in a gym and get skinner for this pack

If you don't want to go into CAS.fulleditmode then there is a reward potion, you can buy with aspiration/whim points, that will make the sim fat. There is another one that will make them super skinny too, the name of it is mentioned in an above post. Idk the name of the reward potion that makes them fat. I'm not in game atm.
    I've got a plumper than my normal sim right now so maybe I'll just make her work hard and thin her out some and then I can see it happen with my own little eyes.