Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What don't you like about toddlers?

Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I am working on an article, and well, Just for research purposes but what I am looking for is reasons you hate the toddlers...even if you don't hate the toddlers in The Sims, then I am sure there is something you don't like about them. So let me know :) What is it you don't like about the toddlers?

Edited: To add to this: The article is NOT a hate piece on toddlers by any means whatsoever, My article will be titled "Why I hate toddlers in The Sims 4" Not "why are they a bad idea" I am interested in seeing how many people are similar to me and either hate them OR has something about them they do hate, I am also interested in hearing from you if you don't hate anything else about them. Chances are, your comments, your thoughts and your opinions will not be placed in the article unless they are literally the same as mine and for this reason, My thoughts are in the comments below My apologies if this post and the fact I am writing an article was misunderstood
Post edited by Brody9962 on

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    They are a pain and mine always end up being bratty and never do what I want them to do.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It took too long for them to get added to the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member

So you mean to tell me now that they are in the game, there is not one thing you can think of that you don't like about them?
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited June 2017
    The grabby hands thing they do when they want to get out of the highchair, even if you only just put them in. It cancels out whatever your sim was doing and has them come let out the toddler even if you don't want them to. Super obnoxious.

Otherwise I think TS4's toddlers are great.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Brody9962 wrote: »

So you mean to tell me now that they are in the game, there is not one thing you can think of that you don't like about them?

Not really -- I like they're a challenge but not super needy with some training -- they can climb stairs unlike in Sims 3 where you had to carry them everywhere, they actually interact with other toddlers (I had two toddlers in my current household and they chattered away while playing; built communication sklls really fast), you can vary the challenge by the trait you choose (one of my toddlers was Silly while the other was Clingy; the Clingy one had more nightmares than the Silly one, but the Silly one was more prone to making messes), they can grab food from a table or counter so you don't have to always put them in a high chair to feed them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Triplis wrote: »
    I am working on an article, and well, Just for research purposes but what I am looking for is reasons you hate the toddlers...even if you don't hate the toddlers in The Sims, then I am sure there is something you don't like about them. So let me know :) What is it you don't like about the toddlers?
    This seems like an odd request. "By the way, if you don't hate toddlers, I'm sure there's something you can come up with that I can use as fuel for a hate piece"?

I am not doing a hate piece, I just want to know what people do not like toddlers. There is a difference, for me the article is titled why I hate toddlers in The Sims 4....Not "why toddlers are a bad idea". I am only seeing how many people either feel the same or have at least one thing they do not like.

Not really -- I like they're a challenge but not super needy with some training -- they can climb stairs unlike in Sims 3 where you had to carry them everywhere, they actually interact with other toddlers (I had two toddlers in my current household and they chattered away while playing; built communication sklls really fast), you can vary the challenge by the trait you choose (one of my toddlers was Silly while the other was Clingy; the Clingy one had more nightmares than the Silly one, but the Silly one was more prone to making messes), they can grab food from a table or counter so you don't have to always put them in a high chair to feed them.

Thank you for your input! I love seeing that for the most part there is at least one person who is not dissatisfied with anything when it deals with them :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    this does sound like a hate article though. I don't wanna contribute.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Did you also hate Sims 2,3 toddlers or just these ones?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Using the world hate in the title normally indicates a hate peice. Anyway a well written article should have both points of view from those that like toddlers and those that don't.

I like the sims 4 tots better then any other version, they are totally fleshed out, have new updated toys to play with and progress as they improve their skills. I love that they learn things like climbing the stairs. Love that they have their own unique trait. I also think they are totally adorable.

My only negative isn't really about the tots themselves but the highchair. It's very glitchy. I find it easier to let them grab food and eat on the couch but really wish it worked seamlessly so I could have them eat at the table with the family.
    I do realize this sounds like a hate article, the reason it will only mention thre one side is becauise it is MY personal opinion, much similar to the article I wrote on why I love the sims. Like I mentioned, your opinions will not even be used in my article at all as this is MY views and my views alone
    Did you also hate Sims 2,3 toddlers or just these ones?

Yes, I have ALWAYS hated Toddlers in the sims and I have tried them out, I nearly cried when they added them to the sims 4....
    Simpkin wrote: »

As I mentioned above, This is a personal article on MY views and why I personally hate the toddlers, I will not be adding anyone else's views. Just because someone mentions "hate" does not make it a hate article. I hate the toddlers...Period, I am only asking others why they dont like them, I am not using yor opinions or anyone elses
    I'll mention my thoughts,
    -Toddlers are the way to high maintenance for me, you have to teach them and train them., and its just way too much work for me. With toddlers, I don't have much time to enjoy the game as it sits
    -They are completely immune to death? That's not realistic at all...if a house catches on fire and your real toddler gets caught in it, they don't survive but the Sims toddlers do. So this means my toddlers in the game are even impervious to fire/
    -potty training is annoying....
    -I hated toddlers in 2 & 3 (Never played 1), and I surely didn't want them in 4...are they easier to deal with? Sure...but I much prefer Teenagers and above and tolerate child age, My babies & toddlers age up instantly so I can skip this age...I hate it so much.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

As I mentioned above, This is a personal article on MY views and why I personally hate the toddlers, I will not be adding anyone else's views. Just because someone mentions "hate" does not make it a hate article. I hate the toddlers...Period, I am only asking others why they dont like them, I am not using yor opinions or anyone elses

In conclusion... this is a hate article. Ok, I'm out.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    That's fine, npo one said you have to give your opinion. I won't force you
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    -Toddlers are the way to high maintenance for me, you have to teach them and train them., and its just way too much work for me. With toddlers, I don't have much time to enjoy the game as it sits
    -They are completely immune to death? That's not realistic at all...if a house catches on fire and your real toddler gets caught in it, they don't survive but the Sims toddlers do. So this means my toddlers in the game are even impervious to fire/
    -I hated toddlers in 2 & 3 (Never played 1), and I surely didn't want them in 4...are they easier to deal with? Sure...but I much prefer Teenagers and above and tolerate child age, My babies & toddlers age up instantly so I can skip this age...I hate it so much.

As a rl mom of two toddlers....I'd be pretty darn heartbroken seeing a two year old burned in a fire....imo. And since in a lot of occasions, my kids sometimes play the game with me...I can't imagine how I could explain that.

But overall even though I don't agree with them, I respect your thoughts regardless, so continue.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    I think the word "hate" you used in your post is a little misleading. That's why some people are beginning to think your article would be a hate article.
    edited June 2017
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

As a rl mom of two toddlers....I'd be pretty darn heartbroken seeing a two year old burned in a fire....imo. And since in a lot of occasions, my kids sometimes play the game with me...I can't imagine how I could explain that.

But overall even though I don't agree with them, I respect your thoughts regardless, so continue.
    I am one of those players who actually enjoy the death of the sims, In fact, I bought spa day strictly for a death. I am a RL mom of 3 children myself, ages 10-14. So believe me, I know how heart breaking that stuff CAN be, though, I look at it as just a game, and that's how I explain it to my kids. That it is just a game. Then agian, I do some crazy stuff with my sims that my kids can't even play my version of sims,. so I have back up account for them to play on a different computer. I would be interested in hearing yours? What is it you don't like about them, if any, or if not, what is it you wish they included in them or hope to see in the future

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited June 2017
    They don't fight enough - not enough toddler fists flying towards toddler faces;

They don't kick their potties over when angry;

They don't fetch their potty to show their parents what they did;

They are not cunning - they don't sneakily do things, like change channels on the TV/stereo with the remote control;

Toddlers simply don't have mischief - they can be naughty, but they lack mischief - they lack cunning mischief;

A toddler playing in a toilet cannot be pushed into the toilet by another toddler;

A toddler on a potty cannot be pushed off by another toddler;

Toddlers can't suddenly decide "Why use the potty, when I can just use the floor?"

Toddlers don't appear to attempt to climb things - toddlers should be like little chimps;

NO DAYCARE CAREER ADDED WITH TODDLERS - THIS DEVASTATED THE SIMMING WORLD!

I could go on for hours.
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    I think the word "hate" you used in your post is a little misleading. That's why some people are beginning to think your article would be a hate article.

Do you have a better idea on a title or what word could be used so it isnt misleading?
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    If this is an article about "your" opinions then why do you need the opinions of others? Arent you writing about how YOU feel? Why do you need to know if others agree w/you or not?
    And fyi anything with the word HATE in it is about hate. So it is a HATE article about a problem you have that already has a very nifty solution to it.
    Age em up. Age em up quick!!
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited June 2017
    There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about them. Now if I didn't use CC then I wouldn't be happy with whatall they came with but thanks to maxis match CC I have loads of stuffs for my darling tots. I think they did a bang-up job on them this time. If I had to pick one thing bad I would say it took them far too long. If they are left out of future base games (ts5) I will be finished with the franchise. I don't think that will be an issue though, I believe they get it now, complete family play matters to a very large player base.

I love my tots, everything about them. They can be just as easy or difficult as you like.

These tots are the easiest we have had to date.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    How long it took them to arrive, because they are PERFECT right now. :heart:

(except I NEED NEW HAIRS AND CLOTHES!!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top