Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAME FREEZING WHEN KIDS AND TEENS GO TO SCHOOL. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

I am very disappointed with The Sims 4, so far this bug that is interfering with the gameplay of the game has not been fixed. When will it be repaired? How long will I have to wait for this problem to be fixed? It is impossible to play The Sims 4. Until this problem is solved I will not play the game.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruPanda

Comments

• CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I mean my mind freezes and stops working when I get to school, so technically speaking TS4 is still reflecting real life so I don't know what you're on about
    FFCOojX.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah this issue needs to be fixed. It is annoying the game just basically stops when the kids are trying to go to school.
  • PEP1053PEP1053 Posts: 22 Member
    Does anyone have any idea as to why this happens, i.e., specifically when kids are going to school, and not when they are leaving for work? At least in my case, Sims leaving for work sometimes cause a SLIGHT lag that is not particularly bothersome, nothing compared to the way the game hangs when it's time for school. I also find that the more children I have in the household, the worse the lag, which makes sense I suppose. I just wonder why, from a development/programming perspective.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    This happens to me as well. It's become so frustrating I've stopped playing my game all together. For me it's been going on since the pre-parenthood patch, but I see plenty of people saying it's been a problem since the toddler patch. I hope the Guru's are aware of it and working toward a patch to fix it. I clicked the link you provided Rose and added my "me too".
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    This happens to me as well. It's become so frustrating I've stopped playing my game all together. For me it's been going on since the pre-parenthood patch, but I see plenty of people saying it's been a problem since the toddler patch. I hope the Guru's are aware of it and working toward a patch to fix it. I clicked the link you provided Rose and added my "me too".
    Hello
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue occur in your game :(
    There has been some simmers who have found that having their kids outside near where they leave for school just before the time , can help with the issue,
  • iWallOliveiraiWallOliveira Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2017

I also had to stop playing The Sims 4 because of this problem, every morning at 8:00 am when a child or teenager goes to school, the sims start to break down and the game menu/interface does not work, this Problem appeared I after I installed the update of the babies and the game package of the vampires, that is, I've had this problem since January and so far it has not been fixed by the producers. It's being frustrating, because I bought the new game pack parenthood and so far I have not played because of this problem. :(:(:(

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruDrake

Post edited by iWallOliveira on
    edited June 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue occur in your game :(
    There has been some simmers who have found that having their kids outside near where they leave for school just before the time , can help with the issue,

I already did it but it does not help because the problem appears the same way.

• AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I have the same issue it's an absolute nightmare :( a waste of five to ten minutes every 8 am
    edited June 2017
    AmyDames wrote: »
    I have the same issue it's an absolute nightmare :( a waste of five to ten minutes every 8 am

Mine too! I hope the producers will fix this pretty fast, because this way The Sims 4 will end up losing players. I really want to play, but if this problem is not fixed I will not play because, it is frustrating. :(:(:(

• LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    It is an annoyance. Having the kids outside doesn't help my game at all. Sometimes just saving it helps. Other times I have to exit to the manage worlds screen before it will unfreeze. Either way, this bug needs to be fixed.
  • KitaluckyKitalucky Posts: 32 Member
    I'm having this same issue. Glad to know it's not just me.
  • Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    It happened to me but only when a child was going to school for the first time. The time appeared to keep moving but all the sims in the area wouldn't do any more actions. After about 5 minutes of real world time the child went to school, the time rolled back a bit and all sims began moving again.
    The next in game day same two children going to school. No delay. The day after that I aged up two toddlers. Four children going to school with no delay.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    OMG, I am SO glad I am not alone having this issue! I only recently started noticing this. I thought it was just me. I wouldn't, but the frustration it brings makes me wish I could throw the laptop out a window. :( I thought it was just me, but apparently it's the game and they seriously need to get this issue solved!
    OMG, I am SO glad I am not alone having this issue! I only recently started noticing this. I thought it was just me. I wouldn't, but the frustration it brings makes me wish I could throw the laptop out a window. :( I thought it was just me, but apparently it's the game and they seriously need to get this issue solved!

Hello @fiercephoenix91
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue. There are other simmers who also have this issue. This link thead on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/m-p/5870882#M34546
  • KitaluckyKitalucky Posts: 32 Member
    Has this issue been fixed yet? Cause I'm still having this problem every morning.
    Kitalucky wrote: »
    Has this issue been fixed yet? Cause I'm still having this problem every morning.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Other simmers also are continuing to have this issue.
    @Kitalucky Unfortunately not yet.
    I think we'll have to wait a long time for this problem to be fixed.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I am in much the same boat. I've quit playing all together. It's fine to play single sims or families every once in a while, but the majority of my sims households are families, and I really want to be able to play again. It's been about a month since I last played the sims. I've also stopped buying any Stuff Packs or Game Packs, because what's the point? I can't hardly play.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    I am in much the same boat. I've quit playing all together. It's fine to play single sims or families every once in a while, but the majority of my sims households are families, and I really want to be able to play again. It's been about a month since I last played the sims. I've also stopped buying any Stuff Packs or Game Packs, because what's the point? I can't hardly play.

I had to start a new family without kids and teenagers because of this bug.