Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Myshuno Park- was anymore said regarding it being a dead lot?

Has anymore been said regarding the ghost town that is San Myshuno Park? Will they ever fix this so it will be inhabited by other sims? If no one goes there, then why wasn't it just made a residential or retail lot? Any way around this lot, without mods, to get it to be......fun? At least the Von Haunt Estate was a disabled lot YET it has many people there when I go..

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes, it is very sparsely populated whenever I go. I find that when people do actually show up they're around near the food stalls and basketball area, not on the actual lot itself - so look around there.
  • UnDutchableUnDutchable Posts: 41 Member
    Yeah, sims are near the food stalls and some other areas of the park, but never on the actual lot itself. I hope the devs end up unlocking the lot so we can actually put it to good use. I'd actually like to use it for my legacies, or put in a library or restaurant.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I find it annoying when my sims just want to join in a protest instead of doing what I've instructed them to do.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I don't understand what the house is for. Can somebody please explain that to me.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I don't understand what the house is for. Can somebody please explain that to me.

It's got a kitchen and a bar in it, for wedding receptions.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2017
    I was pretty excited to get my hands on a large lot so I could build a cool community venue. So disappointed with that HUGE space being put aside as a generic venue. The whole area is really gorgeous but I keep forgetting to go there, because there's not much incentive.

I would have LOVED it if that huge one lot had been divided into smaller lots with paths in between, so it would look like a commerce district to build our own restaurants, bars, retail etc. That would have been a perfect solution to balance out the residential vs. commercial opportunities for builders (and those who like to download community venues from the gallery)

Has anyone tried assigning clubs to that lot yet? I've been meaning to get around to bulldozing it and turning it into a huge park with every group activity I have in my game so far, and then assigning different clubs to use the various objects etc, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm thinking at this stage, this is the only way to make it more of a community feel than a private venue for parties.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    ^ Yes, clubs will show up there.
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    Has anyone else had problems when they try to use it as a wedding venue?

All of my guests convened at the house and wouldn't go watch the ceremony. The caterer never showed up, neither did the entertainer or the bartender.

• KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    @Jnyx -same here regarding the wedding...it was a bust. My couple just treated it as if they eloped!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you read the information on all the scattered stones in the whole park (not just the buildable park), you get a bit of story to both the buildable area and the whole of san myshuno. the scientist and fishing mogul barnabus skye had his mansion built where the park currently is. he's also the founder of san myshuno while building up his herring canning empire. the house burnt down and he donated the property to the city with one stipulation...the observatory had to stay, whatever else they did with the property. i always just figured the house was meant to be a recreation of his place before it burnt down (though it is small for a mansion...)

i've used it quite frequently for weddings, and people do tend to stick around the house, but will usually eventually wander out to watch the ceremony before it's over. i also go in and bb.showhiddenobjects to put huge amounts of fireworks behind the arch to set off when the couple gets married. my entertainers usually spend their whole time at the piano near the wedding arch, and caterer and bartender do their things in the kitchen and bar areas. not sure why they didn't show up for you..
  • n_o_nn_o_n Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Jnyx said:
    > Has anyone else had problems when they try to use it as a wedding venue?
    >
    > All of my guests convened at the house and wouldn't go watch the ceremony. The caterer never showed up, neither did the entertainer or the bartender.

I actually like how empty this park is. I take my sims there whenever they're on a date, so that I can perform all the required actions without my sims being harassed or pulled into conversations with other, random visitors. But I had the same problem with the weddings, the "hired" sims wouldn't show up. I think I had to direct the guests to the "wedding area" for them to start watching the ceremony, but once there they did it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    Has anyone else had problems when they try to use it as a wedding venue?

All of my guests convened at the house and wouldn't go watch the ceremony. The caterer never showed up, neither did the entertainer or the bartender.

My weddings in the park have gone well, but at the last wedding I had at my sims' home the guests didn't come to see the ceremony. Could be the problem is not necessarily related to the San Myshuno park? The caterer has been broken for a while.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    All parks have less than three or so Sims mostly one homeless, insane Sim, one teen and lucky for one kid. No matter where or when. This has been going on in my game for about a year and half. I have determined this is around the time they removed the requirement for a pirate ship or the other thing on the park lots. If you notice only monkey bars are required as playground equipment. People had been mixing a lot of objects (me included) with parks so they could have multiple uses and it's at that time when I started building multi purpose park lots, and they removed the requirement for the pirate ship etc. all parks became dead as they can be. But literally in my game for about two years since I had already been building multi purpose park lots and I also, I noticed a big drop in park population when I installed OR after about a year of having the game, which is also around the time I was buildng multi purpose and the patch to remove the requirements for pirate ship.

Take your pick of what is the real problem but it all matters.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Yes, it is very sparsely populated whenever I go. I find that when people do actually show up they're around near the food stalls and basketball area, not on the actual lot itself - so look around there.

Because of the horrid AI autonomous behavior, npc never tank up on their needs till they go down yellow or orange less it's fun or sometimes social. So every time you go to a public place, all the homeless sims first actions are usually to greet then go eat because their needs down in yellow or red areas. It's annoying, same goes for whims while it seems to be a big deal for the playable sim in order to built points to buy reward traits for, it seems the non controlled sims act exactly the same making them mostly come of as bland sadly, except for the few with trait like insane that sometimes do crazy stuff.

But honestly wish they would change or fix it, same too for every time i get guest npc first thing they do is always to go get a class of water because their hunger is in low area, rest their needs usually taken a dive too so talking and raising their fun bar usually next mechanical process they do.

It's really sad because makes all npc sims feel bland and the same Genius with love for books will go to computer to play games, or watch TV instead of grabbing a book and read it to raise their fun or talk about books. I think it's fundamentally Sims 4 biggest issues how void of personality the sims you meet are, plus how they manage their needs dominate the entire interactions with them. Making them feel like robots with internal task management system they follow to mechanical degree.

I know some are going to defend this, but i am just telling it like i see it. I bet you i could go on a live stream invite a sim over and tell what first 3 or 4 things they would do would be regardless of the sim. Because this is a general thing not something individually.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't mind it so much. I don't always want the whole town showing up when my sims go to lots, as it often happens on many of the other lots. It's nice to have a place or two where they can go for peace & quiet.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    That lot is sooo bad, I don't even make my sims go there unless when I'm taking screenshots and need some quiet place to go to. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I converted it into an airbnb where families stay when visiting the city. But there is a teen hangout lot trait that will bring more life to the park. I use it for my pool park and there are ten or more sims inside when my sims arrive in the park.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The thing about that park is that the lot isn't the only part of the park, the entire explorable area is basically the park, which is why I'm guessing it's a special lot. I feel like the coding for that area is set so that sims populate around the area and not just on the lot, even though no one shows up at the lot period. It does feel kind of empty most of the time, unless I'm hosting a party there.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yes, its a special wedding and party venue for your sims, that's about it. It is supposed to be a convention center type area.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    Maybe it's just my game, but I've noticed a lot of people in the park, specifically to protest.