Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk beds !!!

Why is there still no bunk beds EA !!! COME ON EAAA !!!

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Yeh, where are our pets going to sleep?

...oh wait.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I know, I was hoping for them with Parenthood :( Definitely would've helped when I'm trying to squeeze more kids in a room without getting rid of other furniture. Maybe we'll get them in a patch in the future? One can dream at least.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We were lucky to get coffins for vampires - they could have given us fridges lying down on their backs.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    In the Generations EP next year...

*This is what I hope for and is no way hinted at or announced by EA* :lol:
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    too hard to program
    @doedear Why would they be too hard to program? (Genuine question, I know nothing about programming).
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    @doedear Why would they be too hard to program? (Genuine question, I know nothing about programming).

it's what the devs say a lot about certain objects we've had in past games. like swing sets and lounge chairs.
    @doedear true, though personally I'd question how true that really is. I get time constraints may be an issue though.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You can make working bunkbeds with moo. It isn't perfect. But it is something you can do without mods.
  • PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    I am VERY surprised there aren't bunkbeds in the parenting pack. I was expecting them when I bought the pack, I don't know why I thought there were bunk beds, I just kind of figured it's such a family thing to have. Very surprised we don't have bunk beds yet, I am ALL for saving footprint space!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    too hard to program

Savage. :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    PrismSims wrote: »
    I am VERY surprised there aren't bunkbeds in the parenting pack. I was expecting them when I bought the pack, I don't know why I thought there were bunk beds, I just kind of figured it's such a family thing to have. Very surprised we don't have bunk beds yet, I am ALL for saving footprint space!

Yeah! They did well for footprint savers in ts3 by the end... bunkbeds, spiral stairs, ladders (yay!) and one-tile bathrooms. I hope we get all of these things for ts4.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I was hoping to see them pop up in Parenthood, it would have made perfect sense if they did. It does seem as if they missed a golden opportunity to pull out all the stops!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    too hard to program

Sorry but the scale for children ask the same animation. So it's not complicated.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    You can cheat bunk beds, but they are not the best.
    pfHQpRI.png

Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2017
    Piperbird wrote: »
    pfHQpRI.png

How does the child reach the top bunk?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yea I also thought it was interesting the dev didn't give the default answer of "idk, maybe, we'll see" when asked about swing sets, lounge chairs, and bunk beds the other day. And instead responded with "no, it's too much work for a stuff pack".

To be fair, he did say stuff pack BUT the fact he didn't use the default response tells me we shouldn't expect it in game either period or for a very long time.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    xPaxion wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »
    pfHQpRI.png

How does the child reach the top bunk?

I've never tried, but in the thread for tiny houses someone made a lofted bed. They said if you direct the Sim to sleep in it, they just sort of 'warp' up there. I cannot confirm this, as I have not played the game since the Easter egg event. I pretty much only build. I doubt they could sleep in mine because I MOOd stuff onto it.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    In my experience with bunk beds, I have found that if you leave both sides of the bed away from the wall you will no trouble with your kids getting up there. Like someone else said, it's not the best but they do work.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    If the MOO'd bunk beds work anything like the CC ones I have, sims just warp up into them. Their arms stretch up and they climb up into bed. Aside from the wonky animations, they work just fine. My sim parents can even put to bed kids sleeping on the top bunk; the animation just looks like the parent is tucking in the bottom bunk.
  • kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    You can make working bunkbeds with moo. It isn't perfect. But it is something you can do without mods.

Okay
    I was hoping to see them pop up in Parenthood, it would have made perfect sense if they did. It does seem as if they missed a golden opportunity to pull out all the stops!

Agreed
    too hard to program

I don't believe that. I think they just don't care or too lazy to do it !!! That right I said it.