Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@Ainsleyf :smiley: Thank you! Yup, they LOVE! diving into the pond but OFTEN need a lot of help getting out again. Get them out and they dive right back in! LOL Sometimes they just magically transport back to land but I have never seen any of them just climb out. Yah, I think that's one of the better shots of Matt, he looks really plummy, I think.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

What's with all the light bulbs and + signs I often see floating around Matt's head?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    What's with all the light bulbs and + signs I often see floating around Matt's head?
    Lot traits cause them when Sims are practicing a skill related to those traits. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Don't forget challenge #BnS70 closes tonight!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #BnS70 is now officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #BnS71 - The Hawthorne Project Part IV

You sit at your desk, happy in the knowledge that your last client, Matthew Glenn, is ecstatic with how you designed his eco-existence campground. Checking your diary you realise that today is the date that the Hawthorne Project is due to provide you with their new client.

You buzz through to Karl, and he opens your office door.

“Karl, the Hawthorne email hasn’t come through to the general email address has it?” You ask.

“No, I haven’t seen anything yet today. It’s still early though, I’m sure they’ll get in contact soon.” He replies.

“Yes, I’m sure you’re right, any chance of a coffee?” You ask cheekily.

“Of course!.”

“And make one for yourself, we can sit and chat, you cleared the schedule for Ms Hawthorne, so there’s not much else I can be getting on with.”

“That would be wonderful.” He leaves your office door open and you can hear him humming away to himself as he makes the drinks.

“So,” you say to him as he brings the mugs of steaming hot, frothy coffees back, “How are Grant and the kids?”

“Well, as you know, Grant got that job that he applied for over at FutureSim Labs, he is really enjoying his work there. Julia is being a wonderful nanny, the kids manners all seem to have improved since she took over, I mean, started helping out.” He coughs to try and hide his discomfort at his slip about his sister.

“I can imagine that Julia has got your kids well and truly under control, not that you and Grant weren’t doing an amazing job yourselves.”

He looks relieved that you overlooked his overshare.

“Persephone is doing great in senior school, she has a violin recital coming up this weekend, did you get the e-vite that Grant sent out?”

“I did, yes, and I responded, I wouldn’t miss it!”

“Christoff’s behaviour has improved so much, he isn’t lashing out at his sister's any more, I think Julia being around has shown him that girls need to be respected as well. His junior high teachers are impressed with the turn around as well. I think he’s going to follow in Grant’s footsteps, he is constantly whipping up concoctions on his science table, some of them are very useful, others, well, let’s just say it’s a good thing we have great ventilation.” He chuckles to himself and you can’t help but join in.

“And how is Hermione?”

“She’s a superstar, she’s walking now, potty training has accelerated since Julia, and we’re getting actual words, not just random babbles, her first words were “Det down”, while she was stood on the coffee table in the living room, I guess she knew what was going to be said.” More laughter ensues.”

The coffees finished, Karl remarks that he really should get back to his desk, there is some filing that he wants to get done.

He takes the mugs and you hear him washing them up before he sets them back in the cupboard. It’s amazing how much more included you feel with your office door open and you resolve to leave it that way, unless you have a client with you.

Your gaze turns back to your screen and you sit impatiently waiting for the email you are awaiting, it’s not like Lisa, over at the Project, to leave it this late.

Feeling restless you start surfing the internet, starting with the local news. “Hmmm, dog crosses road in Sunset Valley”, you think to yourself, meaning there is absolutely nothing interesting going on locally at all.

Your computer pings and you switch tabs, directly to your email. “At last!” You think to yourself as you see the sender's address lisa@hawthorneproject.com.

“So, so, sorry for the lateness of this email. Ms Hawthorne wanted to personally vet the next client. They have been approved and I have attached their application. On a personal note, are you going to the SV High recital at the weekend? Might see you there, my boy, Terence, is helping out with the lighting for the show! Look forward to meeting up for a coffee soon. Regards, Lisa.”

You type a hasty response, letting her know that you will see her there and that you were curious as to why Ms Hawthorne wanted to vet the client, as that was normally Lisa’s job. Still pondering on that you open the attached document.

“Hi. My name is Purdie Stafford, I recently moved to Sunset Valley to find work, but nothing seems to be panning out for me. I really don’t know what I will do if I don’t get a break soon. I’m sorry if I sound like a whining goat, but, really, I have had enough of this madness, I mean how hard can it be to find a waitressing job anyway?! I know Sunset Valley isn’t Starlight Shores, but seriously! Oh well, I probably won’t get selected for this, I really don’t know why I even bothered with the application, it’s not like I deserve a break or anything. Whatever, thanks for reading this, I guess, if anybody ever does.”

“Wow.” you think to yourself, that is one moody lady. You check out her application form, wondering her age. “65? Really?.” You wonder why a 65 year old woman is looking for work as a waitress.

Your PC pings again, the email notification pops up in the bottom left hand corner, the address comes up as Ms Hawthorne’s own. You minimize Purdie’s application form and open up the email.

“My dear, you may be wondering how this next client ended up finding it’s way through the system, it’s possible I have my technology people have set up filters to inform me of anyone that I know is in trouble.

You may feel that this is a little unfair on those who do not know me, but when you are in charge, you do have a little more say in things, as I am sure you are aware.

I knew Ms Stafford back when I was beautiful and a star, she was working in the wardrobe department and always made sure that I had the most wonderful creations to wear, she was a talented seamstress back in the day,

Now, I am unsure as to why she is in need of The Hawthorne Project, but she was always kind to me, so I wish to repay her in some way.

I don’t expect that she associates the Project with myself, I am sure she thinks I am long dead!

Please, do not make her aware of the link, you know that I do not like to be thought of as sentimental or soft.

Take care.
    Elizabeth”

You can’t help but wonder at the softness of Ms Hawthorne’s tone, nothing like the austere lady you first met and she used her first name to sign off. “I think she is soft and sentimental, she just doesn't want anyone to know that side of her.”

“So, Purdie is a grumpy seamstress from Starlight Shores, I think we can work with that.” With that you open your explorer window and start googling art deco furniture.

The brief:
    A 1 or 2 bedroom home, you have free reign on how the house is built, landscaped, laid out etc.
    Must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a book case.
    The budget must not exceed $30,000.
    Sim challenge:
    Create Purdy, a grumpy, creative elder whose other trait and aspiration is up to you.

Room challenge:
    Create a studio area for Purdie to be creative, whether that is musical, artistic, or some other outlet. You have a budget of $15,000.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Hi all, never got a build in for ECO- I just couldn't get in the groove with it and get it done :( but I do like the sim I created for the lot- lol! Definitely going to do this next one!

@BuildnShare The story background references the client moving to Sunset Valley- can we put the lot anywhere within the Sims 4 towns or should we stick to say Willow Creek/ NewCrest areas? Thanks!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Ack! I uploaded my lot and everything and forgot to make my post to this thread! Oh geez.......!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    misscbong wrote: »
    Ack! I uploaded my lot and everything and forgot to make my post to this thread! Oh geez.......!
    Oh noes, let me check with @BuildnShare, you might be in luck...

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited June 2017
    Hi all, never got a build in for ECO- I just couldn't get in the groove with it and get it done :( but I do like the sim I created for the lot- lol! Definitely going to do this next one!

@BuildnShare The story background references the client moving to Sunset Valley- can we put the lot anywhere within the Sims 4 towns or should we stick to say Willow Creek/ NewCrest areas? Thanks!

@JasonAnthonySterling - you can place the home wherever you wish!!

misscbong wrote: »

@misscbong - If you can get it up by tonight, we can allow you to enter and it will be judged ;)

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @BuildnShare - the grumpy trait - is that part of a pack, because I don't see it in the selection for Sims4. I see creative, though.
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Good luck on the new challenge folks :D
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - the grumpy trait - is that part of a pack, because I don't see it in the selection for Sims4. I see creative, though.

I assume they mean Gloomy.

edited June 2017
    Rawla wrote: »
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

I assume they mean Gloomy.
    @SoulGal7 - Yep, gloomy and grumpy are interchangeable in my mind!!

@misscbong - I am guessing that as your entry has not appeared that you are not entering this time around, the entry list has now been finalised
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #BNS70 - EcoExistence

Your results are now available here

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Gloomy or maybe Mean?

I like this new challenge. I love playing single elders and making little houses! Cool!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Gloomy or maybe Mean?

I like this new challenge. I love playing single elders and making little houses! Cool!
    @Ainsleyf - Defintely Gloomy rather than Mean....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 71 -The Hawthorne Project Part IV
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B7204B84E1911E7835CC9CBD14E8863?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=dinky deco&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,381
    TOTAL COST: 29,999 (build cost on gallery didn't take bathroom painting into account maybe)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/YaGgj
    ENTRY DETAILS: On the day this challenge went up a video of Frank Lloyd Wrights Hollyhock house came up in my FB feed so I kind of loosely based the house on that, mixed with the mention of Art Deco in the challenge. Its a two bedroom home with open plan living (because walls cost simoleons! :p )

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    P3oPgoq.png
    @folala I love your Dinky Deco :D it's adorable
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Nice @Folala - and very classy! For some reason imgur tossed me out mid ogle but from what I saw you did an amazing job with the budget. I had mine done..uploaded to library then downloaded to check MOO and somehow it jumped $7000 in value..so I've been downgrading everything..yikes.
  • commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited June 2017
    folala wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B7204B84E1911E7835CC9CBD14E8863?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=dinky deco&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,381
    TOTAL COST: 29,999 (build cost on gallery didn't take bathroom painting into account maybe)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/YaGgj
    ENTRY DETAILS: On the day this challenge went up a video of Frank Lloyd Wrights Hollyhock house came up in my FB feed so I kind of loosely based the house on that, mixed with the mention of Art Deco in the challenge. Its a two bedroom home with open plan living (because walls cost simoleons! :p )

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    P3oPgoq.png

@folala Beautiful! Love the art deco feel. It's simple, yet stunning.

Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Nice @Folala - and very classy! For some reason imgur tossed me out mid ogle but from what I saw you did an amazing job with the budget. I had mine done..uploaded to library then downloaded to check MOO and somehow it jumped $7000 in value..so I've been downgrading everything..yikes.

@Ainsleyf I'm struggling with budget now too :'(
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: PersRealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID: PersRealmsShadow
    LEVEL: Established (we'll go with that, since I've moved past bare rooms now XD)

SIM: Purdie Stafford
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/KgiJY
    ENTRY DETAILS: Purdie has lots of memories, and she's just cranky enough to make money off them! Her goal is to be a prolific author off all those snot nosed actors and actresses who took her for granted >:( with thinly veiled name changes she's going to spill all those dirty secrets from the early days of Simmywood! She's a Creative, Gloomy, Neatnick, because I've worked Costume and Makeup, and we become overly Neat in self defense or we'd NEVER be able to find anything after the actors get done >:(

ROOM: Purdie Study
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/vG5Mt
    ENTRY DETAILS: A study to write all her scandalous novels. She's still got an old mannequin in the corner, and her magazine basket for all her old memories. Pictures of sims in her costumes just make her day, and remind her of what brats they could be, fresh fodder for her computer endeavors! She's got her already published works line up to give her more impetus to continue

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    Purdie working away
    DuATN43.png

Just cause she's old don't mean she can't rock some classy clothes :)

bkvVcnv.png

EkwtdjR.jpg
    @Ainsleyf lol which is why I'm going with Room/Sim this time around *eyeshift* 95k... no way to pair that down OK we'll do a room! ....19k crap *shrinkwrap room and smoosh into 15k budget* ok that'll do
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    edited June 2017
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #BNS70 - EcoExistence

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top