Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round Robin Build Exchange

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I've heard that it's working again @MiaSkywalker. And it does make a difference. You want your home to at least be seen. It's the way I feel about the builds that get uploaded without the UIC. They just don't get nearly the downloads that UIC lots will get.
    Welp, mine still isn't showing up. Are you sure it's working? I'd like to delete it and re-upload it, but there's no point if the Exchange still isn't working.
    @Kgaff:
    I've re-uploaded the lot for you, since it wasn't showing up on the Exchange. I'm not entirely sure this one is, either, but that's it.

I've updated my original post to you, as well as the first page.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @MiaSkywalker No worries, your lot is up there! Just did a look and it's number 4 on today's uploads as of this post :)
    @MiaSkywalker No worries, your lot is up there! Just did a look and it's number 4 on today's uploads as of this post :)
    Oh good! Thank you for checking! :)

When I had checked last night a few minutes after uploading, it hadn't appeared yet. Also, my build showed today's date, even though I uploaded it yesterday, and all the builds up on the Exchange at the time had yesterday's date. It baffled me why it was stamped with a date in the future; EA is in my time zone (they're actually not that far north of me), so there's no reason it would have been given a different date stamp.

It actually has downloads now, so this time it IS apparently showing up on the Exchange. Yay! :mrgreen:
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hi guys! I've been away for three days out in the wilds of Indiana on a camping trip. The weather was beautiful and we got a lot of walks and bike rides in. I'm tired but content.

@MiaSkywalker Thank you so much for Gone to the Dogs. Everything came out so nice, the colors, furniture and the entire house is perfect. I love the feature picture you put on the exchange. I am just getting everything downloaded and then I will move in families one by one and explored each and every wonderful build.

I'm gonna miss this thread, I had a good time and learned so much from working with all of you. Hugs all around <3
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 2017
    @ciane Sorry to keep you waiting! I was hoping to have all three (move-in ready, furnished and the larger, original) versions of the build for you and upload them all together, but time has not been on my side between a rocky return to work and preparing for a vacation that I leave on in a couple days. Ack! Where has the time gone?

The move-in ready version is done and uploaded. It can be found here:

Scandinavian Simplicity

By the way, this is my first time using the UIC. Any suggestions to improve my picture-taking and -editing for that purpose would be much appreciated!

The furnished version is mostly done, maybe? I have some progress pictures for you, anyway. I tried to mimic the color palette in the photographs you shared with me, which is an interesting combination of creams and grey-scale/black-and-white, with some extra pops of color here and there. I'm not sure I like how it came out, though. It seems to heavy/dark in some places and lacking contrast in others.
    Screenshot-94.jpg

Screenshot-93.jpg

Screenshot-92.jpg

Screenshot-91.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

As for the original, full-sized version, I managed to fix up the CFE issues with it by altering the layout a bit, but other than that it is still just the shell.

Thank you very much for your patience with me and I hope you'll bear with me a little longer.
    @KaytayRoall:

I like the simple decor of your build. It's a nice, clean look, and I think one that Ciane prefers, so I think she'll be happy with it.

One question for you. You have two items in the fourth picture that I don't know if I've ever seen before. The wall hanging on the right hand side, is it a mirror? What EP/SP is it from, or is it store content? (Some store content doesn't seem to install properly for me, so it may be that, since I don't recognize it.)

The desk lamp in the same room, where is it from? It's really nifty, and fits in perfectly, but it's another object I don't recall ever seeing.

I'm just curious, because when I see something I don't recognize, I get so curious I have to know! :lol:
    Thank you, @MiaSkywalker. :)

Yes, it is a mirror. And both pieces are from Seasons.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey @KaytayRoall, sorry I missed seeing this yesterday. I was in sims and netflixing early. Hubby works 12 hour shifts (or longer) on the weekends, so

I LOVE it! I love the warm, soothing creme color. The color pop comes from the outdoors. It's perfect. It makes you love the view and seem part of it!

Also, I think you did an awesome job on your UIC pics. The bottom of the pics is always cut off a bit in the viewer; but if you copy those pics into the forum, the bottoms are still there. I think all the pics turned out well. I like the black border.

I have that lamp and mirror in my game, @MiaSkywalker. I see Kaytay told you they came with Seasons.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @KaytayRoall, I did see this little beauty last night and have been waiting on it! Got ya rec'd and downloaded!
    @ciane Yay! I'm so glad you like it! :D I don't want to keep you waiting any longer, so I'm going to try and put the finishing touches on the furnished version and get it uploaded tomorrow before I go on vacation. I probably won't change the upload images to save time, though, so I might upload it again at a later date.

@romagi1 Thank you for the download rec! :)
    @KaytayRoall - You don't have to rush for me. I can wait. Breathe! Enjoy your vacation. Come back relaxed in spirit and mind. And thank you, thank you, thank you for such an awesome build that I am super excited to play in.
    @kgaff, I couldn't place your Ranch lot in Aurora Skies on either of the 64x64 lots there. It did, however, place at 1 Cove Rd in Sunlit Tides right across from the Equestrian lot at 2 Cove Rd. So, I've tweaked the town and the lot, which was just a little bit too expensive for my family. I'm looking forward to playing it.
    @ciane, @KaytayRoall:
    Thanks for the info! I've had that EP for years, so I must not have realized how nice they would actually look when in game. They look fab in your build, Kaytay! But I think your build looks great, and it's hard to believe it's a starter!
    @Kgaff - I moved into your ranch and have the first chapter from the new generation there:

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen-5/babies

I brought along the chests from @MiaSkywalker and a bookcase from @ADWilson. I was thinking I should have saved something other than produce from @creativemetaphor so that each generation I could be reminded of all the special builds.

Thank you again to everyone for all the new builds!
    @Kgaff - I moved into your ranch and have the first chapter from the new generation there:

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen-5/babies

I brought along the chests from @MiaSkywalker and a bookcase from @ADWilson. I was thinking I should have saved something other than produce from @creativemetaphor so that each generation I could be reminded of all the special builds.

Thank you again to everyone for all the new builds!

I'm so glad you are having fun with the ranch. I like how you moved the furniture around in the living room, it looks nice. KaytayRoall had specifically asked for the canning station but I'm glad there was room for the pizza oven and the stove to be moved around. Your horses are adorable.

I was playing the lot @MiaSkywalker for me and my daughter sim was exploring and found herself in the attic. Hmmm, why is only part of the attic lit up? Go through door...three treasure chests. Daughter can't open them and is trying to get mom or dad up there to help but they are busy exploring everything else. What ever could be in them? I don't know yet. :)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    I'm so glad you are having fun with the ranch. I like how you moved the furniture around in the living room, it looks nice. KaytayRoall had specifically asked for the canning station but I'm glad there was room for the pizza oven and the stove to be moved around. Your horses are adorable.

I was playing the lot @MiaSkywalker for me and my daughter sim was exploring and found herself in the attic. Hmmm, why is only part of the attic lit up? Go through door...three treasure chests. Daughter can't open them and is trying to get mom or dad up there to help but they are busy exploring everything else. What ever could be in them? I don't know yet. :)
    Heh heh. Wouldn't you like to know? ;)

Actually, it's useful stuff. I think... I'll let you discover it for yourself, though. :)
    Yep, I'm really loving that ranch house!

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen-5/uh-oh

And, yes, there is a lot of useful stuff in the chests. I carry them along in all the moves.
    Hey, @KaytayRoall, I couldn't wait any longer to play that fantastic house you built for me.

Check this out: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/the-middle-of-nowhere/

:)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ciane those are fantastic stories you make for your Sims!

I miss this thread!! :(
    I do miss the camaraderie. It was fun having a build thread where everyone was challenged to build a house according to a house plan and could share their progress and obstacles. It's nice not to be judged and to recognize that everyone like different things.
    I do miss the camaraderie. It was fun having a build thread where everyone was challenged to build a house according to a house plan and could share their progress and obstacles. It's nice not to be judged and to recognize that everyone like different things.
    I'm going to run another one of these at some point again. :) I learned a lot doing this; in building, as well as in running one of these! I know now, for instance, that I would not want any grouping of people larger than what we had; if more people sign up, I will split people into groups. I might also run one on occasion where the build time is three weeks, so that people who feel they are slower builders might be inclined to sign up. I think in that case, I would only have four or five people per group, or the event would stretch out for too long.

I think, though, that it's going to wait a while. I've had too much going on in OE lately, so no time to even think about the Sims.

I would love to do another one of these. I also liked the camaraderie and helping each other out when things went bad and cheering when things went well :)

I'm going to have to find a new way of posting pictures now -
    Screenshot-88_zpsjec5y2rz.jpg

I think photobucket just slit their own throats :s
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

I think many of us will be seeking a new way to post pictures now!
    ADWilson wrote: »

I think many of us will be seeking a new way to post pictures now!

Ooohhh My Gosh, Addy, did this ruin your legacy story?

I've seen on other threads that all the simmers who used photobucket for their personal blogs have had them all replaced by that nasty notice. I can't begin to think of how many people were affected by this crazy move. Blogs all over the internet, esty sellers, ebay sellers all have been affected.