Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What music are you listening to while playing The Sims?

JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
I love listening to my music in game, especially when my Sims go to the clubs, gyms, or parties; I'll override the game music with my own through Spotify. Right now my Sims are having a release party for Katy Perrys new album; Witness. Listening to Witness. Lol.
71rbpi.png

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I can't even hear the radio playing in my game, for some reason the volume is really really low, but the settings aren't.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    None.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Lately it's been Eivør or Sharon Needles.
    Yeah, I listen to odd music.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Usually I just listen to the music in-game, but sometimes I'll have my iPod on shuffle if the mood strikes/when I'm building. I had Pandora on in the background the last time I made a house.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Non, it takes away from the gameplay to me - I like to hear what my sims are doing, but at the same time, I get uncomfortable if I don't listen to music for a set amount of time, so... Eh. I can't win. I tried putting custom music on the radio, but then I got tired of hearing the same Slipknot and Billy Talent songs over and over, especially when my sims were talking over them. So now I just keep my music and simming separate. Though it would be awesome if sims was some kind of a more dramatic game that came with it's own epic soundtrack, bc boy do I get lost in that kind of music.. I'll just put dramatic ochestra music on for the hell of it and pretend I'm in my own movie, or I'm conducting the orchestra lol. I used to put Ludovico on to try help me revise, but then I'd just get distracted reenacting random dramatic scenes I've made up in my head - so now I just stick to Placebo acoustics or live performances when I revise.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    I tend to either listen to Twenty One Pilots, or Panic! At The Disco. I do think that Panic's! Themes do have more of a 'club' feel (even though it isn't club. It's more upbeat than TØP)
    I am the champion, my friend
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2017
    Recently, on youtube, I have been on a Beyoncé binge: Haunted, Pretty Hurts, Sandcastles, Hold Up, Freedom, Drunk in Love, Dance for You, Deja Vu XO, Love on Top, Upgrade U, Crazy In Love, Mine feat Drake, Grown Woman.

Then I broke It With That's What I Like - Bruno Mars, Downtown - Macklemore, Into You - Ariana Grande, Jealous - Nick Jonas, Lean On - Major Lasers, Something Just Like This - ColdPlay, Only - Nicki Minaj, You Rock My World - Michael Jackson... now I'm just listening iTunes... Rather Be -Clean Bandit, Latch - Disclosure, Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran, Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco, Send My Love - Adele, Hair - Little Mix.

Also Some Times if I'm just building, I would have other Video Game Scores Playing in the Background,

Kingdom Hearts - Dramatica Destati, Lazy Afternoons, Waltz of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, World that Never Was theme (really helps with mansion Building), Kairi's Theme, Squirming Evil, Sanctuary (After the battle) Silent Forest, Secret Whispers.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy, Yeah I'm one of those... B)
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Lately it's been Eivør or Sharon Needles.
    Yeah, I listen to odd music.

Cool. Sharon Needles has music? She's one of my favorite drag queens.
    71rbpi.png
    I tend to either listen to Twenty One Pilots, or Panic! At The Disco. I do think that Panic's! Themes do have more of a 'club' feel (even though it isn't club. It's more upbeat than TØP)

I love Heathens. That Suicide Squad sdtk. is so awesome.
    71rbpi.png
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Recently, on youtube, I have been on a Beyoncé binge: Haunted, Pretty Hurts, Sandcastles, Hold Up, Freedom, Drunk in Love, Dance for You, Deja Vu XO, Love on Top, Upgrade U, Crazy In Love, Mine feat Drake, Grown Woman.

Then I broke It With That's What I Like - Bruno Mars, Downtown - Macklemore, Into You - Ariana Grande, Jealous - Nick Jonas, Lean On - Major Lasers, Something Just Like This - ColdPlay, Only - Nicki Minaj, You Rock My World - Michael Jackson... now I'm just listening iTunes... Rather Be -Clean Bandit, Latch - Disclosure, Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran, Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco, Send My Love - Adele, Hair - Little Mix.

Also Some Times if I'm just building, I would have other Video Game Scores Playing in the Background,

Kingdom Hearts - Dramatica, Destati, Lazy Afternoons, Waltz of the plum (really helps with mansion Building), Kairi's Theme, Squirming Evil, Sanctuary (After the battle) Silent Forest, Secret Whispers.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy, Yeah I'm one of those... B)

Are you my Sim twin?! The fact that you know Hair, Lean On and Kairis Theme is major kudos!
    71rbpi.png
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Usually whatever I'm into on Spotify. I'm the "I will listen to this until I'm sick of it" kind of person. My music taste is pretty broad, so I can listen to anything. I usually delve into indie, older classics, random Latin, or Broadway and show tunes... LOL
    These days it's more Madonna, Bon Jovi, and Boyz II Men.
    I like singing whenever I play games, so that's a thing too.

I do often crank up the stereos in game, though.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I watch TV whilst I play.

Surely everyone watches TV when playing The Sims?
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I watch TV whilst I play.

Surely everyone watches TV when playing The Sims?

I like doing that too sometimes except for when I'm being OCD about my Sims every decisions.
    71rbpi.png
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

I've got a mixture of music in my game, But all my radio stations have at least a few Green Day songs. :mrgreen:
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Honestly, I listen to a bunch of the fun simlish tracks of TS3. I don't know what it is, but TS3 season's original song always cheers me up.<3.

But if i'm ever in 'decorating mode' I have TS1's tracks. Uggh the beautiful nostalgia. <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »

I love Heathens. That Suicide Squad sdtk. is so awesome.
    Yes, Heathens is quite good! However I personally prefer some of their other songs such as holding onto you, ode to sleep and polarize. You should check those out if you enjoy heathens!
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    My custom music folder weighs in just shy of 1.7 GB
    I have an extremely eclectic mix of stuff ranging from The Andrews Sisters to Jay Z
    For the most part I tend to pick tracks that are pop oriented.. nothing too heavy or provocative just fun stuff like

Rum & Coca Cola Andrews Sisters
    Hey Ya Oukast
    All I wanna Do Sheryl Crow
    Crazy little thing called Love Queen
    Live Your Life TJ
    American Pie Don Maclean
    Obla Di obla Da The Beatles
    Fast Car Tracey Chapman
    Sitting on the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding

Just to name a very very few.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I can't even hear the radio playing in my game, for some reason the volume is really really low, but the settings aren't.

Me too! I haven't been able to hear the radio music since I got the game. Weird.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You kids wouldn't know my music anyway!
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    You kids wouldn't know my music anyway!

Try me... B)
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i only listen to music in cas/bb, i will usually play an electroswing compilation since i can't be bothered to go to my playlist and constantly skip songs i'm not in the mood for.
    when i'm in-game i usually listen to various podcasts or creepypasta narrations.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2017
    I added custom music to radio stations, so it depends on the station.

Romantic : Bebe. I find her spanish voice sensual.
    Classical : Debussy.
    Alternative : I added the music station 'radio x' from GTA. Funny stuff. So it's Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Guns n' Roses, Danzig, etc.
    Electronica : Juno Reactor, Etnica, Hallucinogen, Blue Planet Corporation, Shakta, Astral Projection, Underhead, Pleidians.

If I play other games then I will listen to paranormal podcasts from Dark Matter Digital Network. Or Coast to Coast am.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I used to listen to Pandora all the time while playing sims but I've since switched to Spotify. I can't play without music, it just feels weird to me. Although it makes for using the singing and instrument skills kind of bothersome, but eh. Currently I've been listening to songs from Hamilton, Paramore's new album After Laughter, and a whole bunch of Paper Kites. Oh and Ingrid Michaelson, I love her.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2017
    I switch between the Hamilton soundtrack, The Getback/Daveed Diggs and clipping.
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    Anything with Chance the Rapper. <3
    we way too young to get old <3