Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Thank you so very much @withlovejulien it means a lot!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Congrats @Meaganjo and @SyddyB206 - beautiful houses both!
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Thank you means a lot! @JasonAnthonySterling
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #69 - Mr Boddy's Mansions

@FoundMarbles
    Wow, Dangerous Domicile is a stunning piece of architecture!! The balcony with it’s spandrels is wonderfully executed. The roofline looks great. Your landscaping is outstanding, you have made great use of MOO outside and your plant choices echo perfectly the style of the build. Great job creating lots of little outdoor living spaces too. Your foyer is gorgeous, so sumptuous, as are the rest of your rooms, you have made some really excellent object choices and your placement is great as well. You made great use of clutter, I especially liked the ‘poisons’ in the conservatory. I loved your backstory detailing all the ways that a Sim could meet an unfortunate end.

Suggestions: I would have really liked to have seen an overhead shot of the two floors, to get an idea of how you laid this place out. When taking photo’s of lower floor spaces, if you go to the top level of the build and then use the camera man mode (tab) and use Q and E to move up and down, you will find that you don’t get those expanses of sky in your pictures.

Congrats on your win @FoundMarbles, please don't let the fact you were the only entry to take the shine off this, you made a truly wonderful mansion for Mr Boddy!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #69 - Mr Boddy's Mansions

@glen1974
    Wowza’s, you have created an absolutely glorious piece of architecture with Monroe Manor, it looks like it has stepped off the cover of an English Stately Home magazine! Your choice of wall treatments is fabulous, I love the friezes you have used and your landscaping really helps cement the style of the build. Your layout works well, I think your use of ‘hallways’ off of the main foyer to incorporate the entrances to some of the downstairs room was a great way to ‘bend’ the rules :wink: I am totally in love with your lounge, it’s so well put together, actually all your downstairs rooms are amazing, your object choices and placement are perfect and your use of colour to subtly augment each room is ingenious. You have made some really great use of MOO, especially in the billiards room and the conservatory, speaking of, that fountain *swoon*.

Suggestions: I have just the one, tiny, minor suggestion this time around. I found the wall treatments in the purple bathroom a bit too overpowering, I wonder if using just an accent wall might have lightened things up a little bit.

@glen1974 - congrats on your win, I know you were the only entry in this category, however, you created a genuinely spectacular mansion for our client!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Expert Results for Challenge #69 - Mr Boddy's Mansions

@withlovejulien
    So much thought has gone into Murder Manor Clue Mansion. The architecture is lovely, great use of appropriate exterior wall treatments and you have done a wonderful job with the roofing, I really liked how you used the columns to emphasise that grand entryway. Your landscaping is spot on for the style of the build, and those plant beds are so well executed. Your layout works really well. Your interiors are truly stunning, I adore how you’ve left ‘weapons’ in various locations around the manor, and how you have made rooms dedicated to particular forms of death, that playful lounge for example, ingenious idea! Your furniture and object choices are fantastic, you have made great use of MOO throughout the manor, that original billiards table, for example, fantastic work!! Your use of colour throughout the mansion is fantastic, you have made some great choices when it comes to wall treatments, your bedrooms are fabulous. I also have to mention that conservatory, using a pillar top act as a base for the fountain is such an amazing idea! And you can’t have a murder mansion without a cow plant!!

Suggestions:
    I have no suggestions for this build, it’s amazing inside and out.

Sim Challenge
    Your sims look pretty awesome, I love the traits you chose, especially our Clients, Mr Boddy!

@popettypop2012
    Cluedo Manor looks fantastic, you made a wonderful choice with that brick exterior and black slate roof, it really helps cement the style of the place. Your landscaping is wonderful, that graveyard is a wonderful touch for this challenge. Your flower beds are lovely and you have made great use of MOO out here. Inside, your layout is well thought out and I can see how it would play well in game. Your interiors are really pleasant throughout, your colour palette is cohesive through the entire build. Your coloured bedrooms are colourful without being overpowering. You have made some great object choices and your use of clutter is very clever.

Suggestions: I wonder if the lower of the hipped roofs, the one above the conservatory would have been better as a half gable, it would have eliminated that gully between it and the rest of the building. I think having the same bathrooms for each bedroom detracts slightly from the individuality you have shown through the rest of the build.

@JasonAnthonySterling
    Your entry is very unusual, but stunning none the less, I really like the idea of a modern penthouse mansion and it is incredibly well executed. Your exterior wall treatments are totally suited to the style of the build as are the windows you have chosen. Your layout is funky and modern and I can see how it would translate into game play. Your use of MOO throughout this build is stunning, I love those glass columns running the entire length of the foyer. You made great use of clutter right the way through this build, those coloured urns and vases in the foyer are a great addition. Your bedrooms use their colours well, but are not overpowering. The main rooms are exceptionally well laid out and furnished. I adore that overhang of Mrs White’s suite.

Suggestions:
    I would liked to have seen some sort of outdoor seating area and landscaping with this build. I know we always mention the fishbowl effect, but I feel some of your pictures are zoomed too far into the rooms to really make out much of the detail, there might be a happy medium.

Sim Challenge
    Your Sims look amazing, and I adore the backstory you created for them it was great to see them in their new environment.

And the winner is....

@withlovejulien

The Sims Challenge Winner is:

@JasonAnthonySterling
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Huge congrats all round, @FoundMarbles, @glen1974 and @withlovejulien especially!!! Awesome builds everyone, so much creativity on show!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congratulations @FoundMarbles @glen1974 and @withlovejulien :) amazing mansions all!
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    :blush:

Congratulations, @JasonAnthonySterling @glen1974 @FoundMarbles

Thanks so much! Figuring out the floor plan was quite a challenge and it was great fun all around! I appreciate the opportunity to participate and your work in coming up with the different ideas and doing all of the work to keep it going!

Everyone's work was amazing!
    :blush:

Congratulations, @JasonAnthonySterling @glen1974 @FoundMarbles

Thanks so much! Figuring out the floor plan was quite a challenge and it was great fun all around! I appreciate the opportunity to participate and your work in coming up with the different ideas and doing all of the work to keep it going!

Everyone's work was amazing!
    We thoroughly enjoy this little corner of the forums and it's a joy to host these little challenges for such an awesome bunch of people!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Wow! Thank you so much @BuildnShare for your really kind comments and for this challenge. I really enjoyed this one, and thank you for promoting my build, that means so much. Congratulations @withlovejulien @FoundMarbles @JasonAnthonySterling . Thank you also @FaithofKaela & @folala for your comments.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Congratulations @withlovejulien @glen1974 @FoundMarbles! I had more fun with this challenge- especially killing everyone off! LOL @BuildnShare I'm glad you liked the Sims- I love that group and play with them all the time! Yes the pictures were not my best and I definitely need landscaping and outdoor seating on that lot. That's part of why I haven't uploaded the lot yet to the gallery- I just ran out of money. The empty square off the lounge was originally destined to be a roof garden. I'm going to finish it off as such and get it uploaded soon I hope- LOL, my famous last words.
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #69 - Mr Boddy's Mansions

@FoundMarbles

Suggestions: I would have really liked to have seen an overhead shot of the two floors, to get an idea of how you laid this place out. When taking photo’s of lower floor spaces, if you go to the top level of the build and then use the camera man mode (tab) and use Q and E to move up and down, you will find that you don’t get those expanses of sky in your pictures.

Congrats on your win @FoundMarbles, please don't let the fact you were the only entry to take the shine off this, you made a truly wonderful mansion for Mr Boddy!!

Thank You, For you kind and generous compliments! Ya, it's to easy if one is the only entry! Sorry about the loss of overhead floor plan shots, I see they disappeared from the album. I had them but must have bumped them off when I redid the album to reflect changes in the building. I never noticed until you pointed it out. I really must be more careful! I swear I had them!

I use the tab in live mode a lot now but I am still figuring out how to best use it. I try hard to avoid the weird stretching of photos that can occur in that camera mode because I try to get good representative pics. Thank you for the win, even if I was the only one in my class.

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #70 - EcoExistence

@PersRealmsShadow

Fabulous entrance to EcoExistence using terrain paint to create the winding pathway which leads us there. One wouldn't really guess there was a campsite here as it really is deep in the heart of the forest. The site itself is small and compact and has everything needed for the challenge. I really like how you've created more pathways leading to the different areas. The pond is well situated and the trees will provide adequate shade for many hours of fishing.

Suggestions: As no structures are allowed, I would have liked to see more landscaping other than trees. Maybe a few enlarged wild flowers or shrubs here and there would have provided more colour and interest.

Sim Challenge: Great interpretation of Matthew, love his long hair and beard and his everyday clothes, though it would have been good to see his other outfits. He is certainly keeping very busy during his everyday life and this really shows by completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration.

@FoundMarbles

Camp Glenn is a wonderful campsite with all the essentials necessary for existence here. The layout is very attractive with the driveway lined with plants, which also surround the site. You have done wonders with the 10k budget providing Matthew with various different activities. I love how you've placed two ponds, one for fishing and the other for swimming, great idea! I also like the small living area with the log seats and camp fire. It all looks so very tranquil and peaceful.

Suggestions: Firstly, please title the pics in your slideshow. Regarding the campsite I think it would have been good to provide small pathways/dirt tracks leading from the main driveway to the different areas.

Sim Challenge: Matthew is very popular and handsome and I love his 'five o'clock shadow'. You have chosen wonderful traits which are very appropriate for him. He certainly looks very happy in his surroundings and seems to be having lots of fun with the activities provided.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....
    @FoundMarbles

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....
    @PersRealmsShadow

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats @FoundMarbles and @PersRealmsShadow fantastic creations :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Well done to both @FoundMarbles and @PersRealmsShadow !!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

@masajo & @FaithofKaela Thank you both! :blush: and Congratulations @PersRealmsShadow , Good Job on that dude, Matt!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@BuildnShare Thank you again! :blush: I expect it will get tougher when more people participate in the challenges. Still, I guess the first step toward winning is entering. Sorry about the lack of commentary on the campsite. As always, next time for sure!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2017
    Congratulations @FoundMarbles and @PersRealmsShadow !well done :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Foundmarbles Grats honey I loved your build, and everyone else holy crap :D I won thanks ^_^
    EkwtdjR.jpg

@folala Thank you! I love doing these challenges and they are each so different from one to the next. This one required no building at all AND STILL I ran out of money. I thought it would be a cinch with a good budget and no walls to decorate.

@PersRealmsShadow Thank you and don't you just love the "plums" they apply to our posts. I now save them the trouble and write what I plum well want, inserting my own plums. Winning is a pluming Buzz, Ah! :smiley:
    Established Results for Challenge #70 - EcoExistence

@Ainsleyf

Absolutely amazing! :smiley: You did a splendid job with Oakenstead Camp. Everything about the lot looks natural including the intersecting fishing ponds. What a fabulous idea! From within the lot, one gets the impression that one is a thousand miles away from everything. You used terrain paint and landscaping exceptionally well. And your screenshots were beautiful. I particularly like the waterfall and the meditation area. Wonderful work.

Suggestions: Really the only thing I can suggest is that you consider moving up to Experts the next time around!

Sim Challenge: Matthew is very cute and you presented him with good humor. I could see he is enjoying all the features of the beautiful campsite! Well done.

The Winner of this Build Challenge and the Sims Challenge is ....

@Ainsleyf

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Oh my gosh...thank you so much for the lovely review!!! I'm blushing!
    Congrats @Ainsleyf ! well done :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top