Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New TV Channel in Eco Home Stuff (Gardening TV channel!)

I think it would be cool if we could have a new TV Channel in this Stuff Pack (like in Vintage Glamour and Kids Room Stuff)
I would like to see a Nature Exploring channel or maybe a Laundry channel where moms could get Laundry tips. :)

Or a Gardening TV channel would be awesome! To build gardening skill while watching gardening shows like in TS3. :)
"And please let the cowplant be in this gardening TV channel (from TS3 Store)
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with the idea of a nature/scientific discovery channel.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Great! I would like to have a Nature Exploring channel!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited June 2017
    We already have a Fireplace Channel, maybe it's time for a Waterfall Channel hahaha Would match the theme.
    I would suggest rain but, well, seasons required.

A Folk radio station wouldn't be a bad idea at all either.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Magic gnomes were listed on the Eco Living brainstorming list. So maybe we'll get the Gnome network. :D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Magic gnomes were listed on the Eco Living brainstorming list. So maybe we'll get the Gnome network. :D

Good catch! :D They actually wrote down the Gardening TV channel on this list which would be quite useful to build gardening skill while watching a gardening show like in TS3. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It would be awesome if we got something smaller in addition to the main gameplay. Like gnomes would fit well with laundry because in TS3 you could get a laundry gnome.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Loving all these ideas! <3

I have always missed the Gardening Channel that we had in TS3!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3

Good catch! :D They actually wrote down the Gardening TV channel on this list which would be quite useful to build gardening skill while watching a gardening show like in TS3. :)
    Thank you! It's nice to know that they are at least considering bringing back the magic gnomes. As funny as this may sound, but I miss having those magic gnomes in the game.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do people who live off the grid in an eco friendly lifestyle, watch television? If they are solar powered, they may not want to waste energy on TV when so may other objects use power.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Do people who live off the grid in an eco friendly lifestyle, watch television? If they are solar powered, they may not want to waste energy on TV when so may other objects use power.
    Good point! :)

Laundry is also a waste of energy. You could manually wash your clothes in your bathtub
    a256aFi.gif

Laundry is also a waste of energy. You could manually wash your clothes in your bathtub
    Only if the machine that washes the clothes uses electricity.

Yeah that's what I mean but most people here are thinking about electrical washers/dryers when they think about laundry
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2017

Yeah that's what I mean but most people here are thinking about electrical washers/dryers when they think about laundry
    I had thought more on that yesterday, after having commented about how some washing machine could waste electricity. It occurred to me right then that it all depends on where a sim is getting their electricity from. If the sims generate their own electricity say through wind, water, or solar energy. Then they can generate has much electricity and use as much electricity as they want. And still won't harm the environment. The sun, the wind, and water are all sources of renewable energy. So with solar panels on a sim's home lot, they can generate has much electricity they want without harming their planet and wasting electricity with washers and dryers that run on electricity. They could even make a nice healthy profit by selling the electricity that they don't use back to the utility company. So the only thing stopping electric washers and dryers from being added to this Pack is that they are not rustic looking. Which is what the art work was. It was all rustic objects that don't cost a whole lot, and have very little impact on the environment. :)
    If they can't include a Gardening TV channel in this Stuff Pack, they can still add it in a Patch, since TS3 also had a Gardening channel in Base Game. (It raised Gardening skill while watching it)
    a256aFi.gif
    The gardening channel? I'm still trying to find some sort of reason of how this would fit into a Stuff Pack filled with rustic stuff. As much as I like the gardening channel. I still can't find any reason of why it should be in this Pack, regardless of it being in the Pack or patched in.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    [quote="sunman502;c-15854442"]The gardening channel? I'm still trying to find some sort of reason of how this would fit into a Stuff Pack filled with rustic stuff. As much as I like the gardening channel. I still can't find any reason of why it should be in this Pack, regardless of it being in the Pack or patched in.[/quote]

Just because the pack will be filled with rustic stuff doesn't mean there can't be a gardening channel. I won't let my sims to live an eco friendly life style probably and there will be players just like me who will buy this pack. This feature sounds like something both sides can get benefits of. I agree with you that it can be added with an update
    They should add it in a Patch because TS3 had it in the base game and it's not that hard to implement. (There's already a cooking channel for the cooking skill)
    a256aFi.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    That'd be cool. I love it when my sims can gain skill by watching TV lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Yeah....I can't get behind the gardening channel. I really don't see the point in it. The best way to increase gardening skill is to just do it.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    Goth583 wrote: »
    Yeah....I can't get behind the gardening channel. I really don't see the point in it. The best way to increase gardening skill is to just do it.

But we had one in TS3 and we have a Cooking Channel
    a256aFi.gif
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I know and it never really made much sense. Cooking is something you can do while watching. Gardening is not. I do both, and I can promise you I learned 10x more about gardening by actually doing it instead of watching some fool on tv. Same for cooking, but I do get recipe ideas from watching cooking on tv sometimes.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!