Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amusement Park EP

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Just linked this thread to Simguru Sarah on Twitter cause it would make a great gamepack.

Whoa, I'm excited for this! I'd love to have an amusement park GP ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member
    I used to love Rollercoaster Tycoon II. A game merging that with The Sims would be brilliant :)

I think a fully-blown theme park would be difficult to incorporate into one expansion if I'm honest. It would be nice to see some smaller things like a couple of rides and you could have little coconut shies and things. You know, like the holiday expansion pack had for... was it Sims 2 or 3 had?

Anywho, I'd love to see something like that. Don't get me wrong, an all out theme park would be AWESOME but you might be looking at years of development for something like that. Good idea though.
  • Options
    PhierakittenPhierakitten Posts: 49 Member
    This would be so awesome!!!! My sims would want to live there!!!
  • Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    No offense to the author of this post, but on how much land are we going to need to put all that in? I love the idea yes, but I don't see them putting in that much for rides, food and games. I can see them adding maybe a little carnival but a full blown amusement park I think would take up way to much land. Great idea yes, but really do not see them making this happen into an amusement park.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @gentjt32 it could be a GP like OR
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    gentjt32 wrote: »
    No offense to the author of this post, but on how much land are we going to need to put all that in? I love the idea yes, but I don't see them putting in that much for rides, food and games. I can see them adding maybe a little carnival but a full blown amusement park I think would take up way to much land. Great idea yes, but really do not see them making this happen into an amusement park.

Well we have 64x64 lots now if you have Get Together. SimGuruDaniel a while back said the chances were good that 64x64 lots would be added to future packs as well.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    That would be a pretty cool expansion, and engaging too. + 1 Can't get enough of the mini doughnuts! :D
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I was just about to make a thread about this, but thought to search the topic before making a new post!

I absolutely love this idea. I enjoy The Boardwalk and The World of Wonder Carousel Collection from The Sims 3 store.

I think it'd be cool if we could own an amusement park kind of like how the retail system with Get To Work functions. And how City Living festivals function, whatever we eat at the carnival/amusement park, we'll learn how to cook it. Bring on the greasy foods!

For more game ideas, whack-a-llama, water squirter games. Also with this in mind, perhaps offer a skill up to level 3 or 5 for carnival games and the higher your skill, the higher chances you have of winning.

Lastly, like what we had with Sims 3 Seasons, I'd like a token/ticket redemption system and also an entry fee with some kind of machine like the Barrier to Entry System from The Sims 3 store.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    This would be great! I can see this as a new world with multiple different types of parks. Water parks, small carnivals, traditional amusement parks, etc. And as always I love for more things for my Sims to do as families, friends or as a date night.

It would be fun to win cool little bears too. Maybe win a large prize for a date or maybe your sim wants to impress a near by love interest.

This would also be a good way to bring back the traditional photobooth.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I literally was just talking to my mom about putting in an amusement park themed pack kinda like the ones we had in The Sims 3 store. They can add roller coasters like Roaring Heights did.
  • Options
    kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    What a great idea! And you could run them like the hotels in Sims 3.
  • Options
    alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    I love this idea!!!
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    OMG YES TO THIS IDEA!
  • Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    I love this idea! It would pair really well with Parenthood.
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    gentjt32 wrote: »

The largest land plot size we have is 64x64. I figured we could have a few separate amusement parks (a smaller carnival, water park, amusement park with several rides, haunted house, etc.) The amusement parks won't have as many rides as an amusement park in roller coaster tycoon. I figured one roller coaster, Ferris Wheel, arcade game, etc. But, one can only dream right?
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    Maybe they could make it an actual destination, like the camping place. We could do TONS with it then!
  • Options
    LevrondaLevronda Posts: 6 New Member
    I love this so much! i loved roller coaster tycoon and this would add so much more to my gameplay! i mean cute teen carnival dates! and a club for thrill seekers!
  • Options
    I love the carnival dates idea.
  • Options
    RedRoxannRedRoxann Posts: 32 Member
    I'd like to see this done as a vacation type world where you choose, instead of Granite Falls, the amusement park. Have a few large lots that are 'themed' to different amusements. Like a kiddie ride park; roller coaster park; haunted house park; water ride park (etc.). Each park would have carnival games (think whack-a-mole). The public areas that sims can wander freely would contain the food vendors, toilets and souvenir shops. Two or three vacation rental lots couple round it out offering budget, medium and luxury accommodation. You could also just have all the 'rides' in the public areas that sims can interact with and increase the vacation rental lots. I'd love to have another option for a vacation spot that's more kid friendly and exciting.
  • Options
    > @RedRoxann said:
    > I'd like to see this done as a vacation type world where you choose, instead of Granite Falls, the amusement park. Have a few large lots that are 'themed' to different amusements. Like a kiddie ride park; roller coaster park; haunted house park; water ride park (etc.). Each park would have carnival games (think whack-a-mole). The public areas that sims can wander freely would contain the food vendors, toilets and souvenir shops. Two or three vacation rental lots couple round it out offering budget, medium and luxury accommodation. You could also just have all the 'rides' in the public areas that sims can interact with and increase the vacation rental lots. I'd love to have another option for a vacation spot that's more kid friendly and exciting.

This is absolutely perfect! I love the idea of different theme parks especially. This is truly the best set of ideas I've seen so far on this thread.
  • Options
    RedRoxannRedRoxann Posts: 32 Member
    I pictured it like going to Disney World. You could have employees dressed in the new bear outfits or in the costumes available like the characters do at Disney. They'd wander around and you could get selfies with them, etc. Should be easy to take the vanity table coding and make a face painting station, etc.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Sounds awesome, however being that they can barely make a decent sized neighborhood, or even world for that matter it would be a stretch. That would be a lot of things going on at once, but I sure hope they could pull it off though.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I really miss the festivals from TS3 and the store items like the roller coaster and the carousel. I was always sending Sims to my amusement park/festival lots. Great fun.

I hope those kinds of things make it back into the franchise again someday.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    I wish the worlds were bigger and you could do more with them. I understand this was aimed at lower end computers, but I feel like it's simply missing a lot because of that. Perhaps there could be some sort of happy medium in the future if they realease new worlds. (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    AliisavasAliisavas Posts: 29 Member
    Yes please! I never played TS3 but the roller coasters etc looked so nice in it! I would definitely buy an amusement park pack. I think it should include at least a roller coaster, ferris wheel, a carousel and arcade machines. (and of course even more rides, if possible!)