Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack clothing vote results!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Thanks again to all of you who took part in the recently held Objects and Clothing vote! The survey placed the power in your collective hands to guide the course of this upcoming Stuff Pack, by helping determine which specific objects and clothing you wanted to see included. If you're just catching up on this project, you can read the blog that preceded this recent survey to discover more about which stage of development we're currently in.

This past Sunday, we posted the results of the Objects portion of the survey right here on the forums, which revealed the 29 objects which will be part of this pack. Today I'm happy to share the other half of the survey results, and unveil the winning pieces of clothing that you'll be able to dress your Sims in when you get your hands on this Stuff Pack. In addition to the clothing shown today, there will also be three new hairstyles included in this Stuff Pack. Stay tuned for a forum post in the coming weeks that shows these hairstyles, and discusses how we selected them.

The survey presented you with a difficult proposition, asking you to select just 14* winners from 64 unique pieces of concept art. As with the objects vote, the winners by and large represent your top 14 selections. In the pursuit of transparency throughout this project, I'll share that we did make a few adjustments to ensure that there is variety in the choices selected, with some representation across each of the ages and genders that were included in the vote. If you're curious to learn more about why we tweaked the winning list, I explained our development approach in-depth as part of the Objects and Clothing blog.

*Many of you commented on the forums during the survey, wondering why the clothing shown in the style vote wasn't also included as options to vote for within the clothing vote. As you may have noticed, all of the assets shown in the art style image were redrawn in greater detail for the Objects and Clothing vote. Some of the assets even went through some changes, as our concept artists refined their vision from the broad room view, to an individual study of each piece. While we'd intended to do the same for the clothing, the pieces shown inadvertently slipped through the cracks and weren't redrawn in time to be included in the clothing vote. Because many of you felt passionately about these pieces of clothing, we've decided to also include the dress, boots, and stockings that were shown on the woman from the style vote. For the men, we'll incorporate similar patterns and textures to the ones shown in the style vote within the variants offered for their winning pieces of clothing. The end result is that a grand total of 17 pieces of clothing will come with this pack!

These are the pieces of clothing that will be included in this upcoming Stuff Pack:

ak08x582wn1x.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Pretty stoked about those clothing!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yay looks good :)
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    My hope now is that the chosen clothing pieces will get a very good amount of color/pattern options.

The more options the better.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • AmbarlaraAmbarlara Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm surprisingly not disappointed in the clothes I actually really like it, but the objects ugh I still can't get over how much I dislike everything on there seriously 1 light those sofas ahh I can't! But with the clothes good job!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Awesomesauce!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• IrrelephantSimsIrrelephantSims Posts: 4 New Member
    I think everything looks really good for the style of the pack! Little disappointed in the lack of kids shoes though. I feel like kids don't get enough love :( overall excited for the new items great job you guys!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sigh I'm a little conflicted. I do like that extra full body outfit and (especially) those boots so I'm happy about them. And that first women's top is really the only thing I liked for women so I'm glad that's there. And I love the girls dress. However I wish we could have got those little girls sandals and those orange shoes with laces for women, the male clothes chosen were not my favourite and I'd rather have seen more clothes for kids because there were some nice options. I hope some of the male and kid clothing might make it in another pack.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    LOL I didn't vote for any of them. It's almost all for teens and young adults. At least I like the objects that won. :D
  • spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    I didn't see the women's dress on the vote, but I'm happy it's there. Are we getting everything on that sim? The dress, boots, socks, and jewelry? Or just the full body outfit?
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm not too into the clothes... I feel they don't reflect the style voted well enough. I like the first male shirt and pants, and the female full outfit and pants. The kids clothes are cute too, but nothing too exciting.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I didn't vote for any of the female items that made it, I just don't like them :/ I'm very disappointed that only two kids clothes made it.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    YeS!!!! Very Happy - the out fit that made me pick this style is there and love all the choices. It's what the eco crowd around these parts wear - with one exception long granny dresses and a long free spirit peasant skirt to go with many of those tops. I am totally happy though - we have a few long skirts in the game already I can surely use - but yes love everything. These are things I am used to seeing everyday here in Maine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

spotharris wrote: »
    I didn't see the women's dress on the vote, but I'm happy it's there. Are we getting everything on that sim? The dress, boots, socks, and jewelry? Or just the full body outfit?

As stated in the OP, the dress wasn't in the vote but on the original concept art. We'll get the dress, boots and socks (3 separate pieces) but Graham (I believe) has said before that accessories usually come in bigger packs because SPs allow for a limited number of assets. The necklace may be attached to the outfit but it does similar to a BG one, and we do have a lot of bangles. :)
    edited June 2017
    I'm exited for the hairs. I know they've already been selected but here's a (late) hint - a hair with flowers in would work well in this pack. :lol: I hope for something with a nice braid in or something.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Selection is okay just wish more of the childrens' outfits had made it.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'd really like to know why so few male and children assessments. The assets should be equal in quality and quantity. For a company that has been doing great with inclusion in offering a variety of ethnic assets, and LGBTQ ability, the persistent short-changing of male assets just astound me
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Hey @SimGuruGraham where is the toddler clothing? I was really disappointed during the survey. I even started a thread about it and I'm not the only one. :(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Just horrible only 1 item I voted for and the male selection is slim like always. Sad to see even the bonus not voted for item went to female sims as if they did not get enough already.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm glad the option B female outfit was included but I just wish more male clothes can be included in the future packs; the female always get more stuffs but not everyone play with female sims.

The Sims Game
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I'm glad the included the clothing from the style a vs style b vote, but honestly 90% of the stuff here is stuff i did not like at all. Oh, well, I guess my clothing style is just not a popular one.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Really happy to see the clothes we were originally shown here :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I'd really like to know why so few male and children assessments. The assets should be equal in quality and quantity. For a company that has been doing great with inclusion in offering a variety of ethnic assets, and LGBTQ ability, the persistent short-changing of male assets just astound me

I completely agree! I feel like no one would complain if we were given more male options. I mean we don't even have body hair yet.
  • TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm actually a bit disappointed in the results. Only 3 of my choices made the cut (& I accept this I've been lucky that every other vote has been good for me 17 choices in objects) but I feel there is too many woman's tops and only 1 bottom
    I would have loved one of the skirts for a bit more diversity of the bottoms for woman 2 male bottoms but only 1 woman's really!
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017
    I voted for just a few of these itens, what I wanted most (pictures below) didn't come through. :(
    34764798830_541785615e_m.jpg
    35111238106_f110b8f5d1_m.jpg
    I'm wondering if any of those itens that didn't win could come in another pack... I'd pay $10 for the pants by itself, as I have the same and It's clearly inspired in some pictures I posted. @SimGuruGraham Can we have hope?
    Post edited by jotajeje on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top