Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

15678911...Next

Comments

• szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Natacha wrote: »
    Cant help but thinking if some people, like myself, voted "wrong" by mistake. Im quite sure that both laundry and wedding packs has been wanted for a long time... :#

I voted wrong, but I'm ok with that, since eco was my second real choice. Dangerous was my first ><
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Eco living Cars
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    With Eco living maybe you could bring in bikes and they should work like the Sims 2 cars
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • SimmerLaurenSimmerLauren Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm always enjoying the sims! But I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find that there aren't enough things for children and toddlers to do? So maybe have a tyre swing in the eco living? Since being eco friendly is all about reusing things, and maybe solar panels to put on the roof that halves the bills or something?
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 23 Member
    A compost for the gardening skill would be neat!
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 23 Member
    > @Sotruelee said:
    > I'd like to see something along the lines of canning. My family does it to save money. And the best part is that it is organic. (Of course I believe there should be stuff related to green energy too...)

I would love this, too!
  • Karla061185Karla061185 Posts: 11 New Member
    I think something like from TS3 where you could so to the scrapyard and salvage items...except instead of costing you quite a bit of money to repair, it'll be a new skill or something like that.
  • SandManNL1SandManNL1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Solar panels and an electric car + charging station please!! :smiley:
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    > @SandManNL1 said:
    > Solar panels and an electric car + charging station please!! :smiley:

Or simply: a car :)
  • RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    I really like the eco living idea and I would like to have pets in my game soon.. I can't wait. They miss a lot. :)
  • misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    Great idea! As an architecture student, I would love to see this 'eco-friendly' concept be incorporated into the building mode, like sustainable construction. Maybe through energy-saving or water efficiency - like the use of rainwater tanks, solar panels, to lower your Sim's bills. (i.e. David Rifkind's Tin Home, Miami, FL). Materials for buildings could be eco-friendly or sustainable - like bamboo or cork. Maybe an option set a budget for your home/bills/groceries for the week. There could be a compost system inside or outside as well as more plant varieties. This 'Eco living' concept could also include recycling bins, community volunteering (beach or neighborhood clean ups, farmers markets, etc), or creating clothing, lamps, or objects out of recycled content. Community hours for school (for teens) could be included in the community volunteering. The farmer's markets have local/organic homemade food, produce, hygienic products like soaps (similar to the flee market). A fun family activity is building a tree house that they can all sleep in/decorate. Sims could ride bikes or skateboards. REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    > @misschristine14 said:
    > Great idea! As an architecture student, I would love to see this 'eco-friendly' concept be incorporated into the building mode, like sustainable construction. Maybe through energy-saving or water efficiency - like the use of rainwater tanks, solar panels, to lower your Sim's bills. (i.e. David Rifkind's Tin Home, Miami, FL). Materials for buildings could be eco-friendly or sustainable - like bamboo or cork. Maybe an option set a budget for your home/bills/groceries for the week. There could be a compost system inside or outside as well as more plant varieties. This 'Eco living' concept could also include recycling bins, community volunteering (beach or neighborhood clean ups, farmers markets, etc), or creating clothing, lamps, or objects out of recycled content. Community hours for school (for teens) could be included in the community volunteering. The farmer's markets have local/organic homemade food, produce, hygienic products like soaps (similar to the flee market). A fun family activity is building a tree house that they can all sleep in/decorate. Sims could ride bikes or skateboards. REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!

Awesome Idea!! :wink:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    but i got the feeling that with eco stuff expansion so to say, one should add weather system! as depending on what you grow in your garden you will be able to eat one or another thing, not only that but you could introduce lots of season plates for summer, winter etc.
    One could grow flowers (different types) and make a bucket and give them as a present for friend , lover etc or just put them in a vessel special for them in the kitchen or where ever.
    You could add nice invernaderos stuff.
    -Recycle system to be more eco-friendly.
    -Washing machine and hanging the clothes instead of dryer machine.
    -The sims company could like build a table setting, where sims could build tons of different toys in different colors depending on how much and what materials they have recycled, like recycled toys for their babies you know?
    -Maybe the same idea as above but with closes, as in sims 2 hobbies, sims could have a sew or knit skill, and make scarfs for winter or sweaters, or little baby suits

There are soooo many things to add haha
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Woah woah woah...how did Starter Home get placed in 2nd place? The most time I've seen it was in 3rd or 4th mostly...heck even fifth. How exactly did it get 2nd?

You have to keep in mind that this is a global vote. Any community member created polls are limited to the amount of people that the one individual can reach but as global brand we reach vastly more people which means that your data and ours won't match step for step. :)

@SimGuruDrake
    I've seen a lot of people who misunderstood the ranking system.(on Chinese web sites)
    Many people thought that 5 refers to "you want it most" since it's the highest score. (つД`)ノ
  • BrieeriesBrieeries Posts: 7 New Member
    For the Sims 4 gurus out there I think there should be a school game/expansion pack. Like high schools and elementary schools that aren't rabbit holes, and maybe you could sneak in a college or university. There should be an assigned teacher/professor just because If the teacher career wasn't a rabbit hole I feel like there wouldn't be much to it and it would be to similar to get to work. Students could have a little feature that says what kind of student they are, for example a focused student or a disrespectful student, something like that. I also think schools should be a venue so you could build your own school and you should be able to choose from a set of rules and if the school has uniforms or not. If your school does have uniforms you should be able to customize them like in dine out. As far as items and objects go I think the only thing would be to have a functional backpack and that's where your sims homework shows up but mischievous sims could put like video games and things in their backpacks. Also students could pull pranks on the teachers and "try to talk out of homework" or "Give excuse for missing homework". I would really like if there was like a squad feature. Thank you! <3

-ღBrieeriesღ
    I know you all just made a new gamepack and already starting on a new one and then the next one is already planned but I feel like this would be really cute and you could see what happens when "_______ has gone to school".
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Brieeries wrote: »
    For the Sims 4 gurus out there I think there should be a school game/expansion pack. Like high schools and elementary schools that aren't rabbit holes, and maybe you could sneak in a college or university. There should be an assigned teacher/professor just because If the teacher career wasn't a rabbit hole I feel like there wouldn't be much to it and it would be to similar to get to work. Students could have a little feature that says what kind of student they are, for example a focused student or a disrespectful student, something like that. I also think schools should be a venue so you could build your own school and you should be able to choose from a set of rules and if the school has uniforms or not. If your school does have uniforms you should be able to customize them like in dine out. As far as items and objects go I think the only thing would be to have a functional backpack and that's where your sims homework shows up but mischievous sims could put like video games and things in their backpacks. Also students could pull pranks on the teachers and "try to talk out of homework" or "Give excuse for missing homework". I would really like if there was like a squad feature. Thank you! <3

-ღBrieeriesღ
    I know you all just made a new gamepack and already starting on a new one and then the next one is already planned but I feel like this would be really cute and you could see what happens when "_______ has gone to school".

Hi @Brieeries , this thread/section of the forums isn't the correct spot for general ideas that you'd like to see in the game. The things you're suggesting sound like they'd be more appropriate in a game or expansion pack. I'd suggest posting in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner if you'd like the right SimGurus to see it.
  • PugtatoPugtato Posts: 3 New Member
    when will we find out what objects we voted for?
  • Akahana_666Akahana_666 Posts: 4 New Member
    This is dumb. Why not add more stuff. These furnitures are ok and all but where is the lighting and beds? Give more decorations and couches. More indoor plants. We need alot of stuff.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is dumb. Why not add more stuff. These furnitures are ok and all but where is the lighting and beds? Give more decorations and couches. More indoor plants. We need alot of stuff.

I think part of the point of this exercise is to take us through the reality of what the designers go through: that they can't just put in more stuff for the same price. Choices have to be made.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I think part of the point of this exercise is to take us through the reality of what the designers go through: that they can't just put in more stuff for the same price. Choices have to be made.

Exactly.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top