Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    Top 5 updated because MMAO is the most magical thing ever invented!

1. Elder's Blazer and Turtleneck Combo - 25 Simpoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17246&scategoryId=11743

2. Jacket/Vest/Shirt Combo - 75 Simpoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17228&categoryId=13813

3. Jacket and Pencil Skirt for Elders - 25 Simpoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17245&categoryId=13813

4. Blazer and Rugby Shirt - 75 Simpoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17229&categoryId=13813

5. The Accelerator - 25 Simpoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:19086&categoryId=13813

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Gamefreak130
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Thank you @Gamefreak130 for the awesome gift you gave me two days ago (Pin up Pretty)! I wasn't able to thank you on your page due to your page being private.

Also, thank you @mycami21 for the Vamp Neckline Blouse <3

Top 5 Updated Here!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks to @Me1620 for clearing my top five and reminding me of the DD thread! I don't know why I haven't looked at it before!
    @rebekah_lindsey - You are welcome.

I will take this opportunity to advertise the DD thread to those of you who are new to the hunt for store items. The DD or Daily Deal thread not only provides information on the DD but also has tips on sales in general and tips relating to store content. Page 1 of the thread includes a lot of information, but the first post is a listing of the contents making it a bit easier to find the information you want to read. Some tips included are for:
    • How to create a clean wishlist
    • Information on cascades or getting the most value for your simpoints
    • Links to listing of store contents
    • Information on Complete Your Set discount or CYS
    • Links for missing stencils for store content, unlocked terrain paints and official SimGuru lots
    • Links for installing, backing up and organizing your store content

Like this thread, the DD thread is a friendly place.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for your gift! <3<3<3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Thanks to @Kylieb191, @Nomiko13, and the MMAO machine for clearing out my top 5!

New top five:

1. Rounded-Collar Sweater over Blouse - 75 Simpoints

2. High Ponytail - 100 Simpoints

3. The Shuffle - 100 Simpoints

4. The Shaggy Look for Toddlers - 25 Simpoints

5. Spiky and Suave - 75 Simpoints

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Gamefreak130
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Oh man... I've been mostly lurking around the forums last couple of weeks since I really feel like I haven't had the time, energy or anything relevant to say to actually post a comment. I mostly just read the DD-thread and this one, but just now I ventured further, into the - at least for me - unkown parts of the forums. What I found wasn't pretty.
    Simmers upon simmers just arguing over petty TS3 vs. TS4 stuff like savage animals, ruthlessly throwing sarcastic insults and plain old ad hominem "arguments" at each other. It was horrifying, yes, but more than anything... it was just really, really depressing. I must admit that none of the arguments used managed to make me feel different about my own opinion on the games either; they only made me sad.
    So now I'm crawling back to lurk here in the safety of the company of simmers I know have decency to treat each other and others' opinions with respect. I am never leaving the Store-forums again :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Oh man... I've been mostly lurking around the forums last couple of weeks since I really feel like I haven't had the time, energy or anything relevant to say to actually post a comment. I mostly just read the DD-thread and this one, but just now I ventured further, into the - at least for me - unkown parts of the forums. What I found wasn't pretty.
    Simmers upon simmers just arguing over petty TS3 vs. TS4 stuff like savage animals, ruthlessly throwing sarcastic insults and plain old ad hominem "arguments" at each other. It was horrifying, yes, but more than anything... it was just really, really depressing. I must admit that none of the arguments used managed to make me feel different about my own opinion on the games either; they only made me sad.
    So now I'm crawling back to lurk here in the safety of the company of simmers I know have decency to treat each other and others' opinions with respect. I am never leaving the Store-forums again :lol:

Yup, they're kinda feisty up there.

Ads are starting to work and pay for me. Still can't do multiple tabs. But they're working for the first time in 6 months. Now just finding time to click on them all. B)
    On brighter note, I believe some thank you's are in order on my part :smile:

During my time away I have been gifted almost my entire top 5. I assume not even half of the people who gifted me remember that they did so (I wouldn't), but that doesn't mean I've forgotten :smile:

@lauravonawesome Thank you for the Bow Dress and Sweater Sweetheart! Have unfortunately not gotten around to using them yet, but they will be used :wink:

@ajaxpost I know you hang around the DD-thread more than this one, but to be fair Belle Teen was in my top 5! So thank you so much for that one :blush:

@Nomiko13 Thank you for the Relaxed Sweater! I hope it looks as good in-game as the picture in the Store.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @LillaGrisen you are most welcome :)

My ads seem to be working somewhat normally again, meaning I could finally send out presents! I'll be doing another round soon.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    scillakees wrote: »

Ads are starting to work and pay for me. Still can't do multiple tabs. But they're working for the first time in 6 months. Now just finding time to click on them all. B)
    I read that a lot of people started getting payed for ads again, so I tried them out yesterday, but the sp still hasn't shown up :bawling: I'm glad yours are working though! Six months is a long time without sp...
    Don't worry about it ;)

I read that a lot of people started getting payed for ads again, so I tried them out yesterday, but the sp still hasn't shown up :bawling: I'm glad yours are working though! Six months is a long time without sp...

Terrible terrible dark times I've suffered. Just sit down there and let me tell you about the simpoint drought of '17. It all began when those big square box ads appeared on my computer screen.....

Terrible terrible dark times I've suffered. Just sit down there and let me tell you about the simpoint drought of '17. It all began when those big square box ads appeared on my computer screen.....
    Where's the lol-button when you need it? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)

Where's the lol-button when you need it? :lol:

I miss that button so much. Now, don't go back up into the attic. It's not safe.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Oh man... I've been mostly lurking around the forums last couple of weeks since I really feel like I haven't had the time, energy or anything relevant to say to actually post a comment. I mostly just read the DD-thread and this one, but just now I ventured further, into the - at least for me - unkown parts of the forums. What I found wasn't pretty. ...

In addition to missing the LOL button, I also miss the Agree button. I usually keep to four threads where I know people treat others decently and respectfully.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Thanks to a very-kind person I already gave love to on another board, I was able to complete Faire Folk Outdoors for just 75 sp. :)

One of the items she gifted me was also in my top 5, so that's updated too!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

Ooh, thanks @lauravonawesome for The Lucky Charm outfit! Almost would have missed it completely if I didn't obsessively check my purchase history!
    @Gamefreak130 you are most welcome~ I love that dress, and I hope you do too :)

@scillakees Oh, it's fine, my attic here doesn't go further back than December of last year :wink: I wouldn't even know where to find a lol- or agree-button :sweat_smile:

@Me1620 This wouldn't have to be said if the following were true, but I do agree that the agree-button (as well as the disagree one -zagadoo, right?) is sorely missed - and I wasn't even around when they existed.
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Thank you @lauravonawesome for the Jacket and Pencil Skirt for Elders <3 I appreciate it. Also, congrats on your points being credited! Lately, it's off and on for my account. One second, points are immediately loaded onto my account and another minute they're not or show up after 10-20 simpoints in later. It's strange, but I suppose is way better than the points being credited several days later.
    Thanks to @Kylieb191, @Nomiko13, and the MMAO machine for clearing out my top 5!

You're so welcome, sweetheart <3

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 you are very welcome!

While points are still inconsistent (SP from the run of ads I watched 7 hours ago still hasn't been credited to my account), I'm just grateful to get anything at all, after 3 weeks with nothing. I don't have much at the moment, but I like to share what I do get with all you wonderful people. :)

When I wake up, I guess I'll check and see if the points come in. Fingers crossed!

Also, apologies to anyone who received a notification from me, but no gift~ the glitch strikes again! I'll have to try again later with another item; sorry guys.

• Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2017

I tend to stay around here, creative corner or general discussion (only the sims 3 side of things though lol) much more safer here :P

hmm thought I posted here earlier as well :neutral: .. [Edit: Found it elsewhere lol]

thank you to @Gamefreak130 & @lauravonawesome for the men's shirts! :D

My men always need cool shirts because I don't spoil them like I do my girls lol in other news I just got into the future, i'll be on and off here for a few weeks but will keep checking in every now and again
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    edited June 2017

Yeah, it can get messy. But I suppose it's because Sims 4 is still releasing and folks get passionate. I used to take the bait and reply to comments that have ill or sarcastic intent by the typical folks but now I try to avoid that drama as much as possible. Even though I enjoy Sims 4, it's eyeroll inducing when valid criticism that's eloquently explained about the Sims 4 is deflected by throwing shots at Sims 3. A user on there brought up how they think Parenthood is nice but would like to have a Generations themed pack that they felt added a lot to Sims 3 foundations and felt it'd do the same for Sims 4, which I entirely agree with. Folks took the opportunity to throw shots at Sims 3 Generations and claimed it barely added anything new. With Generations being my favorite EP, you know I had to defend it with evidence of how much it added in-game. I know comparisons are inevitable since it's a franchise but it just gets redundant when jabs at Sims 3 is a go-to whenever folks provide constructive criticism to improve on Sims 4 while it's still up and running. It's like, geez, players of Sims 4 just want it to reach its full potential and not fail. We invest our money into this and shouldn't just take whatever it is we're given by EA.

But yeah, this forum is a lot more chill honestly. I also enjoy the Ideas (and art) section of Sims 4, but avoid Speculation & Rumor. I also like the Off-Topic forum section. So many forum games :blush:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

Yeah, it can get messy. But I suppose it's because Sims 4 is still releasing and folks get passionate. I used to take the bait and reply to comments that have ill or sarcastic intent by the typical folks but now I try to avoid that drama as much as possible. Even though I enjoy Sims 4, it's eyeroll inducing when valid criticism that's eloquently explained about the Sims 4 is deflected by throwing shots at Sims 3. A user on there brought up how they think Parenthood is nice but would like to have a Generations themed pack that they felt added a lot to Sims 3 foundations and felt it'd do the same for Sims 4, which I entirely agree with. Folks took the opportunity to throw shots at Sims 3 Generations and claimed it barely added anything new. With Generations being my favorite EP, you know I had to defend it with evidence of how much it added in-game. I know comparisons are inevitable since it's a franchise but it just gets redundant when jabs at Sims 3 is a go-to whenever folks provide constructive criticism to improve on Sims 4 while it's still up and running. It's like, geez, players of Sims 4 just want it to reach its full potential and not fail. We invest our money into this and shouldn't just take whatever it is we're given by EA.

But yeah, this forum is a lot more chill honestly. I also enjoy the Ideas (and art) section of Sims 4, but avoid Speculation & Rumor. I also like the Off-Topic forum section. So many forum games :blush:

like everyone else, i generally stay on this board and the dd one... places i'm confident that people treat each other with respect.

i avoid the sims 4 boards like the plague and can usually be found in ts3 general discussion unless i have a specific issue with ts4 (which is rare, since i don't play it often enough to have issues with it).

i don't dislike ts4~ my major gripe is that i find the controls to be less user-friendly than 3. but the parenthood ep for 4 sounds awesome; once i'm working again, i might pick up that and city living to round out my ts4 collection if i can get them on sale.

do i think ea could have done better? yes. but it's not worth folks attacking each other over. we're all simmers, after all.

on a different note, i've been lurking around the off-topic chat a lot and playing games with the folks over there. seems a lot safer that way lol.

• taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for your gift! <3<3<3<3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Oh wow~ @Me1620 thank you Jodi for the Charming Choli & India Cloth Star!

Since both of those were in my top 5, I've updated that and my CYS as well.