Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Rant about Sims 4 Beds

WHY can't I have the bedding I want on the bed frame I want? I mean, seriously, this was a thing that was available in the SIMS 2, for pity's sake! We could pick the frame and then the bedding we wanted; why are there parts of the sims 4 that is actually more than 2 versions behind? There is bedding I want for my teen's room, but the ONLY bed it's on is the cheapy one that gives the uncomfortable moodlet! If we can't have the color wheel, then why can't we at least have the pre-made bedding that we want on the bed we want it on? If it were me, I would have the same options as the Sims 2 (choose frame/choose bedding), but then add in a choose mattress feature. You could choose between 3 or 4 different mattresses; the cheapest would be the least comfortable and give the least rest; obviously, the highest priced one would give the best. We should also be able to buy new, better mattresses for existing beds to make them more comfortable so we wouldn't have to give up a look that we really like for higher stats. Please, EA, at least give us the option to have the bedding we want on the frame we want; the way it is currently is the Sims 1 version of buy mode and that is not cool.

Comments

• LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I agree, I often end up with buying the good beds anyway for the better moodlets/avoiding uncomfortable moodlets while the uncomfortable ones would fit much much better in the room.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Dude, I feel the same. It's annoying that I am forced to compromise with how I want my sims room to look. If I want dark wood but don't like any bedding options for dark wood beds then I have to suck it up and suffer. If I want a certain bedding color, then I have to choose the wood based around what I am forced to have with it.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • MistressMoMoMistressMoMo Posts: 32 Member
    I loved how customization worked in TS3. I know that was a lot of colors and patterns and it requires lots of processing power. I get that, but we need more options. I like the idea of buying mattresses. I never played TS2 so I don't know much about that. I think its a cool concept though.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I agree. I had wanted a choice of mattress quality back in S3. I hated having to put the fancy four poster beds in all my rooms if i wanted my swims to get a good night's sleep.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I would love bed frames and bedding to be separate.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    If you're not against mods, a lot of modders do mattresses separate from the bed post. I think if you checked Lana CC finds tumblr blog, went to the sims 4 cc all tags page and clicked the furniture tag and looked at the bedrooms tag, kids bedrooms tag, teen bedroom tag, kids bedroom tag etc you'd be able to find some good stuff - I saw a lot of cute toddler mattresses on there.

sssvitlans.tumblr.com/furniture
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I still want bunk beds. Please I want bunk beds.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »

This is something people have wanted since The Sims 1. I wonder why Maxis has never done it?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited June 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

This is something people have wanted since The Sims 1. I wonder why Maxis has never done it?

The sims 3 actually did have bunkbeds(not in basegame mind you), when Generations was introduced. Why it hasn't been a common base game item by now, i'm not sure. But i'm guessing it'll be in a gamepack/stuffpack/etc someday for TS4.

If you're not against mods, a lot of modders do mattresses separate from the bed post. I think if you checked Lana CC finds tumblr blog, went to the sims 4 cc all tags page and clicked the furniture tag and looked at the bedrooms tag, kids bedrooms tag, teen bedroom tag, kids bedroom tag etc you'd be able to find some good stuff - I saw a lot of cute toddler mattresses on there.

sssvitlans.tumblr.com/furniture

Pretty much this is what i've been doing in order to survive these moments almost since cc for ts4 was released. To this very day i have countless of bed recolors, bed mattress recolors, bed frames, you name it. I probably have it in my folder :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

They did in ts3. I loved those bunk beds. I got 2 dreams fulfilled in the same release as they also gave us strollers <3

I do so wish we had separate mattresses in this game. I cannot see them changing it though, unfortunately, so I guess that once again we have to rely on the wonderful modders to give us what we want.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    YES!!! This drives me crazy because I also feel like I am using the same beds over and over in every house as well as the same color scheme.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    It's probably too late now, but frames and mattresses as separate objects would have been a good design feature.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • MistressMoMoMistressMoMo Posts: 32 Member
    @starcrunch

It's definitely too late now. I mean I don't know much about programming, but going back in and making a patch that would separate all beds from all packs sounds like too much work when I feel like there are bigger issues.
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I loved how much I could change content in TS3 with styles an textures - I really miss that. I'm also gutted there's no bunk beds :(
  • lovingreds001lovingreds001 Posts: 19 Member
    OP, so true. Sigh... and so some of the fixed options just don't work, like black frames with very like yellow and pinks and no way to change it. I understand why we don't have the color wheel due processing power. ;)

This is the same for kitchen counters, would be great to chose the top and the base.
  • Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    Well to be completely honest, I believe that larger gaming companies like EA/Maxis/The Sims Studio have started a newer way of delivering their material by way of gating (usually done in games to slow down progress by making you unlock material by completing other tasks to get to the next objective). There are lots of gaming companies that have put out a beta (like on Steam) & the player gets early access to play by pre-purchasing the game all the while the developers just throw bones out to keep players. Some games that are in beta have been in beta for years over there with no real release date in sight.

The only real reason this is possible is because of us, the players. Players as a whole just accepted this instead of demanding a finished product.
    Rolling material out in TS4 as SP or EP is just their form of gating. EA will continue to do so because we just buy it up. Until the player starts to say no & not make that quick purchase, nothing will change.