Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack object vote results!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our recent vote, where you helped select the objects and clothing you want to see in our collaborative Stuff Pack project! In the time since the voting ended, we've parsed the data, finalized the selections, and gone through an informal internal approval process. This process is part of what was discussed in the survey blog, where I spoke about how we want to ensure we're respecting the communities decisions, as well as offering a balanced pack.

Today I'm sharing the results of the objects portion of the survey. If you're interested in which pieces of clothing won, check the forums again in the coming days for a full breakdown of the clothing voting results. For now, we've locked down the object list, and our artists are hard at work on the next step - creating object guides. If you want to learn more about what an object guide is, and how our team works during this part of the project, then click here for a development update where you'll discover more about how we make The Sims. If you're just stopping by to see the winning objects though, then let's get right to it.

From 68 pieces of object concept art, your votes helped narrow them down to the top 28* pieces you see below. We did end up making a few adjustments to the final list, so as to provide a balanced offering of different objects within the pack. For example... there were two styles of the wicker loveseat, and wicker living chair that were available to vote on. All of them received enough votes to propel them into the top of the survey, but we felt they didn't offer enough visual variety to include all four of them. We kept the top two, and replaced the other two with different objects that just missed the original cut. That bare light bulb that people have been chatting about actually placed number 30 on the list, but by diversifying the selections, we were able to include it!

*Bonus! We're actually including 29 total objects. One of our internal object modelers had a little spare time in his schedule, and went ahead and created the ottoman prior to the vote. ;)

These are the objects that will be included in this upcoming Stuff Pack:

1qbbxutcak43.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    These all look good! :)
  • PokeneitorPokeneitor Posts: 8 New Member
    Yay! I liked basically everything but I was really hoping for those rounded wicker sofas!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Looks like a great deal of what I voted for made the cut! So glad the round six seater table came through.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I like this set of items, but I still maintain that having only a few color options for those clutter items is less attractive than having separate clutter (that stuff would be great) that we can arrange on shelves how we see fit (assuming all would be shelf-able)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Am I mistaken? Is it just that one light (the single bulb)? Is that circle thing at the bottom another light?

That's super disappointing. I hated the single bulb. I knew from twitter that it got the most votes but I thought we'd have quite a few more options :'(

Honestly; just too much good stuff in the concept work. The cuts in concept content, while I suppose necessary, feel really bad to lose out on. I hope some of the eco concept works find their way into another pack at some point.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • GuiFreitasGGuiFreitasG Posts: 18 New Member
    Glad to see that at least some of the objects i wanted made it! Will you show you what clothes won soon?
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I really like all the items, most of which I had voted for :smiley:
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Nice! I'm glad we get the dining set and the sofa set! And the plants were my favorites! And the home cleaning objects! *-*
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    YES the things I wanted the most were those 2 shelves and 2 large dressers/cabinets! And everything else looks amazing! :smiley:
  • AmbarlaraAmbarlara Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so disappointed not all the plants are there the lack of lighting those ugly sofas this kinda reminds me of the same style as parenthood game pack some of the items on there give this vibe ehh but I kinda figured I wouldn't be much into it since I like more of a contemporary/modern vibe... I hope the clothes is better but I'm not getting my hopes up!
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    TBH I didn't have that much of an opinion on the furniture but I'm really happy with what we got!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Honestly, I can't remember what I voted for lol . .some I remember and glad to see they were included. The clothes are more where my interest lies. Question though @SimGuruGraham, hairstyles weren't part of the vote nor accessories. Is that a bit more complicated or just a matter of too much to consider and focus on?

It's not a must have, as I get SPs are rather limited in terms of new stuff, just more curiosity.
  • ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    I find it kind of funny that we will get two different kinds of sinks...

But I'm really happy that the blue-cushioned ottoman/coffee table made the cut (which I love, for some reason), along with the six-seat dining table. Actually, it looks like a lot of things I voted for made it (I think I voted for more of the hanging lights and end tables/console tables/ storage units).

My only disappointment is that the little metal dresser with the wood drawers (#48 on the ballot) didn't make it. Otherwise, really great selection!
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've voted for the others sofas, but these ones are cool too. I'm glad the large round table and many others things I voted came through!
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    These are fantastic! I'm excited, as I agreed with a lot of these. Every item was a great object, really. Thank you for letting us be a part. It is very much appreciated. ♥
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Love, love, love. I had such a hard time choosing because I wanted it all.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I'm happy with the selection! :p
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm glad with the results! :) Most everything I selected was chosen
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Looking good so far! :)
    #Team Occult
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I did vote for a lot of the objects that made the cut, but honestly I liked almost everything available for the vote, so no matter what won I was going to be happy. I love this style - much more so than modern. This would go perfectly in a farmhouse that we could build when we get the Farm Game Pack that I know the developers want to make for us (hint hint, make a Farm Pack!) <3:)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Love it - my choice were these outside of just 3 items - so I am stoked with these choices.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Most of the objects I voted for got in :) many thanks to the team and simgurugraham. Those objects are well put together.

The Sims Game
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I was out voted on the lights, the floor clutter and the living room furniture. Oh well. At least my rugs, door, window, hall stand and wall shelves/objects won. ;):p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    5 of the items I voted for made it would of been 6 had I known that table was a six seat table. Sad to see only one of the lights made it voted for them all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top