Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Debug White Bat

How exactly do we get this bat???

Is there like a hidden Trait or Buff that activates it or?

Comments

• KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Luke111 wrote: »
    How exactly do we get this bat???

Is there like a hidden Trait or Buff that activates it or?

I haven't seen this! I'm definitely curious.
  • Luke111Luke111 Posts: 98 Member
    I saw it in buydebug and it's also in the Trailers

High-key confused tbh
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    It's probably a mod.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    If anyone has a screenshot, I'll try to find it for you :)
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's not a mod, it's in buydebug with just the vampires pack. it's even in one of the vampire pack trailers (the two vampires doing bat woohoo, one is definitely white). but, we haven't found it ingame yet. there are a few threads on hunting it down. some of us think it's meant to be the bat form of vampires born from bat woohoo, but if that's the case, it is currently bugged. and we've gotten no word on if that's the case or not. but people want their white bats!

here's the thread, just in case. it has pictures, including the two buydebug bats sitting next to each other to show the color difference: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/912006/bat-form/p1
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I remember seeing it too. At first I thought it was elder bats, which wasn't true. So then I tried nude bats and nope.

@SimGuruNinja any insight?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited June 2017
    kalaksed wrote: »
    it's not a mod, it's in buydebug with just the vampires pack. it's even in one of the vampire pack trailers (the two vampires doing bat woohoo, one is definitely white). but, we haven't found it ingame yet. there are a few threads on hunting it down. some of us think it's meant to be the bat form of vampires born from bat woohoo, but if that's the case, it is currently bugged. and we've gotten no word on if that's the case or not. but people want their white bats!

here's the thread, just in case. it has pictures, including the two buydebug bats sitting next to each other to show the color difference: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/912006/bat-form/p1

So I just checked, the bat has no gameplay ties other than the fact it's a secondary swatch to the normal (black) bat object.

It seems like it was meant to be used but was never implemented. If people want it, I can make set the white bat to the default via a mod.

Post edited by TwistedMexican on
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    thanks a bunch for checking that, mexi. and that makes me think even more that it was intended for the 'born from bat woohoo' vampires, honestly. and somehow didn't get linked like it was supposed to
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I thought it was what happened when you had a black vampire with the bat power.

Remember how outfits worked in the sims 2? say you had a white sim and you put a whole body outfit on them - that outfit will be of a colour scheme that compliments the skin tone of the sim. Say you then change that sim from white to black - the outfit was still the same outfit, but the colour scheme changed to compliment a black skin tone. I'm fairly sure it works like that.

I'm fairly sure if you have a white vampire their bat form is black and if you have a black vampire their bat form is white so I would imagine a vampire with a skin tone somewhere between the two would have a grey toned bat form. In fashion it's commonly understood that white people look good wearing black and black people look good wearing white - it's a classic look that contrasts with the skin tone of the wearer - that might be where they got the idea from.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    I remember seeing it too. At first I thought it was elder bats, which wasn't true. So then I tried nude bats and nope.

This is the bat that Vlad turns into. He has his own special bat model.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Woah how come I don't get my own special bat?! Now I'm jealous.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Holy plumbob! How do I not know this. I've never given Vlad the bat power.

This is awesome.

--T

Mind sharing where/how this model is tied to vlad? I'm guessing it's hardcoded or in the animation data as I don't see anything in python or in tuning.

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I bookmarked this thread because I was curious about this mystery of the white bat. I'm glad I kept Vlad around in my main save.

Mind sharing where/how this model is tied to vlad? I'm guessing it's hardcoded or in the animation data as I don't see anything in python or in tuning.

Let me follow up on monday.

Let me follow up on monday.

Sounds good, thanks.

• GiorgiGiorgi Posts: 44 Member
    i gave vlad the bat power but he turns into normal black bat.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    [quote="Giorgi;c-15813246"]i gave vlad the bat power but he turns into normal black bat.[/quote]

Same here...

But I do use mods, maybe there is some conflict. I'm gonna test it later.
  • GiorgiGiorgi Posts: 44 Member
    > @Livinity said:
    > [quote="Giorgi;c-15813246"]i gave vlad the bat power but he turns into normal black bat.[/quote]
    >
    > Same here...
    >
    > But I do use mods, maybe there is some conflict. I'm gonna test it later.

I don't use mods, so i think it is bug
    Bah! I mis-remembered this part of Vampires. We made the grey bat model, because we wanted it for Vlad, but had to lose it at the last second due to late issues. So it's a sad, little bat lost in code with no home. That's a bummer.

Well, with that...
    HAPPPY MONDAY everyone!
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Meh, fair enough haha thanks, you too
    edited June 2017
    Bah! I mis-remembered this part of Vampires. We made the grey bat model, because we wanted it for Vlad, but had to lose it at the last second due to late issues. So it's a sad, little bat lost in code with no home. That's a bummer.

Well, with that...
    HAPPPY MONDAY everyone!

On that note, is the bat object to use specified anywhere that modders can get access to? I'm guessing that's in the animation data itself?

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I want the sad, little bat. It would be awesome if we could have custom bat skins. I want to be a Honduran Cotton Ball bat. Killing them softly with my cuteness.

OF4tIqx.png
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• NificaNifica Posts: 1 New Member
    HI,

Sorry if I was understand everything because i'm french and I don't know if to ask the same thing on the French forum will be considered as double post ;)
    But I asked the question in several times and to several guru on tweeter and no answer.

Why to have to show another sims in the trailer for the pack if the form of white bat it was exclusive in vlad ? it's strange no ?
    I thinking, maybe, it was connected to the second book of the finish skill of the vampire. In the buydebug There is two version of The ultimate book ( the last one, compendium of vampire) but of a different color as that buyable on computer or bookcase.

Sorry again for my bad english. and thank you. If you need a picture just ask it :)