Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you play with aging on or off?

i try to play with aging off, but I would rather have a sense of time. So Im now playing with aging on the 'Long' setting.

Comments

• EukiriEukiri Posts: 98 Member
    I usually play with it off. I tend to play the game at a really leisurely pace and I don't end up wanting to put limitations/time constraints on myself... But long could probably work just as well for me personally.
  • Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    I play with aging on at normal lifespan. I prefer sense of progressing with my sim families.
    But I often chose to make one sim (a founder) immortal either with potion or as a vampire now. So I have that one sim who I am very attached to and doesnt feel like a waste of time to teaching him/her things and then I have a progressing family with a few generations of sims.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    On, with long life. When I play rotational, I only age the active family & NPCs,
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The first time round I played with aging on and long lifespan; unplayed sims aged way too fast.

This time I'm playing aging for current household but still long lifespan. Feels much better.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have aging off for now, I usually have it on except for my family.. which I always cheat with. I've had the same two sims from when I started TS4 all them years ago ... THEY ARE STILL ALIVE. I can't let go.. I'm too attached to them :(
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Aging is usually on in the household only and on normal life span, but I pause the aging whenever I want. I also switch on aging for townies a few days at a time so that they gradually age with my rotation. It isn't a strict thing though and sometimes townies age to elders and get deleted more quickly. My explanation for that is just that they moved away. It's a town and some people move in and out of it. Others stay a long time or live there generationally.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Off (Body is 2 characters too short.)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Aging on;
    Autonomy Full;
    Lifespan Long.

It's how I roll.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Aging off. But I had to turn it on once to kill off some elderlies. I'll be doing that again soon. I also play at leisure. I'm only on generation 3 of my main families. I also play in rotation many many households so it takes a good while to get through each one. Lots of fun though.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    I play with it off, so I can choose when they age. I like to leisure it out. :)
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I've always played ageing on but have recently started playing with ageing off and I'm loving it, I feel less rushed to complete goals or aspirations!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    On, almost always.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have always played with aging off because I get so attached to so many of my sims plus I am super slow at completing goals and always go on storyline tangents with different families. However, as soon as Parenthood was released, I have switched to aging on in active households. I use master controller to set custom age span. I am enjoying that sense of progression. I still keep toying with how many days I want each age to be however.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I ahev everyone in the world age. Sometimes when I wanna play with a legacy heir longer then I stop aging for everyone. And when I'm ready to move on, I turn it back on. I play a normal lifespan
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    In terms of TS4, I play aging off because there have been too many times my sims age when I'm prepared, but in TS3 I play with it on with customs days. God I miss life span sliders
    FFCOojX.gif
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I usually play on Long with ageing on. The two sims I've been playing since i started the game last year reached elder, the game gave me the notification that one of them was going to die soon. I had a crisis so I've turned aging off for the first time.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I generally play with aging on but periodically turn it off if I want to extend out the current set-up of a household. I use custom age spans though thru MCCC that are set slightly longer than the "long" span in the game.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    always on.
  • plumbob3458plumbob3458 Posts: 60 Member
    off, i like to age up my sims when i want to
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I play with aging on because I like seeing my sims progress as I play them. I have it set to normal lifespan with some tweaks via MCCC because long lifespan is too long for me.
  • WenniepennieWenniepennie Posts: 61 Member
    I always play with ageing on with a normal or short lifespan. Sims bore me after a while I guess :/
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If aging is off, are NPCs immortal?
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I play both and when I have ageing on it is always normal life span. I keep track of how many days my girls have if they are having babies because pregnancy stops the ageing process for some weird reason only the coders could explain. I don't like seeing young adults with young adult kids and things like that, it is a squick lol.
    This is Matilda my latest creation. I don't play with girls very often but she called to me when I opened the game today. This little stud is going to be a cop. Right now she's just checking her house out and who knows, one day she may meet the girl of her dreams, settle down .... maybe.

[06-04-17_1-15-45PM_zpsztzowwjy.png
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Aging on long for played active household. Aging on long for unplayed households. I play in rotation with 10 or so households. I age babies and toddlers as soon as babies get close to full green bar with both parents and toddlers get all skills maxed.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Aging off. Otherwise I'd never be able to spend a day at the playground or on a date or exploring the chateau, because I'd feel I waste time that could be better spent skilling and making money. I'd also never sent my sims to school or work. So to experience the sims to the fullest I need to stopp the clock.