Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finally did it. I put mods into my game

A couple nights ago I was looking for cheat codes for Parenthood, which I found. I then looked to see what else was on the site.
I found two mods that looked interesting to me. One for testing cheats always on and one for Lifetime skills. At first they weren't working for me, but I refused to give up. I tried three three times to get them to work. I told myself if they don't work soon, I'm going to ask in here. I looked at one the instructions were for the testing cheats one (I wrote them down) and noticed that I had copied the wrong thing. I deleted the mods in both spots (sims 4 folder and downloads folder) and started over fresh. I did them slower, one step at a time then I went back into my game just long enough to check and they popped up.
I know to use caution with the testing cheats code. I've been using it since sims 2. (back when it was really bad for the game and the computer) I will do my best to use it in MODeration, but it will come in handy since I'm doing family rotations like I did in sims 2 and 3. I have the options set up so I can, but I want them to age up while I'm not playing.
Thank you @TwistedMexican for creating these mods. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy them.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Congratulations on getting your fist mod(s)! I would recommend MC Comand Center (if you don't already have it yet.)
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Congratulations on getting your fist mod(s)! I would recommend MC Comand Center (if you don't already have it yet.)

I would second this....I was very anti-mods, didn't want to mess with them. Once I started using mods and finally installed MC Command Center, that totally changed the game for me. Being able to have the other sims out in my world get married and have kids and progress their families is awesome. Being able to tune the game by cutting out things like constantly washing their hands, getting glasses of water and leaving books lying around has been great too. There is so much you can do with MCCC. Also, I added a few mods that let me invite anyone to parties (even if my Sim doesn't know them), invite more guests to parties and have bigger clubs. Mods are pretty cool once you get the hang of them and get comfortable with using them.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MC Command Center has actually created some interesting chaos that I've taken advantage of. First, it gave Summer Holiday twin boys (Emory and Cameron) from Gavin Richards, then married her off to Gunther Munch but he never officially adopted the boys. I decided to play that household and brought the relationship way down between Summer and Gunther; the storyline was that Summer never wanted the twins and Gunther married her because he felt sorry for her as a single mom, but Summer wouldn't even let him share a bed so he had to sleep in the basement. When Summer divorced him, she moved off to San Myshuno on her own and Gunther was able to choose one twin -- he chose clingy Emory while Summer packed Cameron off to his dad's. (I might play the Richards household long enough to cause some havoc; Gavin had a baby with Ulrike Faust and eventually married her, so I might want Ulrike to have a bad relationship with Cameron. Gunther and Emory are now living with my Sim, Cassidy Purdue, and Cassidy's son with Gunther Jaxon.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Welcome to the dark side. >:)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That's great to hear. Long ago I was so skeptical about putting mods in game, but many were so useful. Like many others have suggested MC command is more than recommended as it's made things a lot easier. Especially since I could customize my work uniform.

Getting rid of automous drinking was great my sims were always usually thirsty I had one sim that would get glasses of water then drink them in the tub. :|

Just always make sure that the mods are recently updated from the creator.

Mods like more sims living on a lot is great too. Helped in me making an apartment building and filling it with multiple sims without a cap. I think in MC command you can get child support money too when sims are divorced it's crazy.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Once you go MOD..., you never go back! Be warned..., it's addictive.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i am putting them into my game today, too!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • xxLucky185xxxxLucky185xx Posts: 48 Member
    I would say, I downloaded a bunch of CC and MC Command and it was really lagging my game. (It's fine now but I deleted all the cc but I kept MC Command. Once you get it you seriously can't live without x)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @x_Always_Heart_x, thank you. I brought a flashlight with me.

@Zarriel, I did mods on the sims 3. I did the Tallawan's one mostly because of my game glitching and crashing (auto save is a blessing) and I love it, but I got more sims 4 packs and started playing that more. I do plan on going back to it though.
    I was also skeptical about mods. I didn't use them at all with sims 2 and most of the time that I played sims 3 was without mods up until I was really sick of the crashing (which was partially our old computer being old and partially because it was overloaded with sims 2 and sims 3 packs. I killed three, computers with just sims games. Fortunately our current computer is big and can handle the games more (them being online doesn't hurt either)

How easy is MC Command to put in? Is it like Tallawan's or like MTS? I don't do ones like MTS for me, it's too advanced. Meshes? Huh? I don't understand those things. Is MC Command the sims 4 version of Tallawan's? I know there's no Tallawan's for sims 4. I'm just trying to compare.
    Does anyone have a link?

@stilljustme2, your story line sounds like lots of mine.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    A couple nights ago I was looking for cheat codes for Parenthood, which I found. I then looked to see what else was on the site.
    I found two mods that looked interesting to me. One for testing cheats always on and one for Lifetime skills. At first they weren't working for me, but I refused to give up. I tried three three times to get them to work. I told myself if they don't work soon, I'm going to ask in here. I looked at one the instructions were for the testing cheats one (I wrote them down) and noticed that I had copied the wrong thing. I deleted the mods in both spots (sims 4 folder and downloads folder) and started over fresh. I did them slower, one step at a time then I went back into my game just long enough to check and they popped up.
    I know to use caution with the testing cheats code. I've been using it since sims 2. (back when it was really bad for the game and the computer) I will do my best to use it in MODeration, but it will come in handy since I'm doing family rotations like I did in sims 2 and 3. I have the options set up so I can, but I want them to age up while I'm not playing.
    Thank you @TwistedMexican for creating these mods. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy them.

Glad to hear it, if you have any issues you can always reach me pretty quickly on twitter @TwistedMexi :)

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
    Thank you, @TwistedMexican, but unfortunately, I don't use twitter. Is there another way to reach you if I need help?
    I love your profile picture.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Thank you, @TwistedMexican, but unfortunately, I don't use twitter. Is there another way to reach you if I need help?
    I love your profile picture.

Sure, I do reply here and I believe you can also comment on my public posts on patreon even if you're not a patron. I just typically check twitter the most frequently :)
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    @simgirl542 did you get your answer? I just installed mc command yesterday and it was very easy to install. there's a step by step video on the creators site on how to do it. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mccommandcenter
    you're ele-phantastic
    Okay the video on the link from their website has no sound and I can't read what's being clicked. Another video I found says to use WinRAR. I forget, is that like 7zip? because that's what I have in my computer.
    edited June 2017
    I downloaded it and I'm going to try it later, as it's now dinnertime and I need to make something to eat. I'll make a new post if there's any problems that I can't resolve on my own
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I downloaded it and I'm going to try it later, as it's now dinnertime and I need to make something to eat. I'll make a new post if there's any problems that I can't resolve on my own

Just a quicky, MCCC also has testing cheats always on, so if you use MCCC you don't need the other testing cheats mod in your game.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

There's also a help thread in the Gameplay Mods category here, and lots of active help on the mod's Discord.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Thank you everyone. I just opened the game and they popped up right away. Now to try them out.