Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twinbrook Water Taxis

Does anyone know if there is a mod in existence to stop water taxi's all together? I've found that they are a serious problem in Twinbrook if you have Pets installed. Basically, the swampy area, which used to be my favourite area, is now the bane of my life. The game begins to stall and stutter and when it does, I find it's because a Pet, usually a dog, is attempting to take a water taxi alone across the little tiny ponds here. I'm at my wits end. Will I have to forever continue to reset dogs taking water taxis, which they shouldn't anyway as they don't take regular taxis on their own, or is there an elusive mod in existence to stop water taxis (I honestly don't care if it stops ALL taxis)?
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Do you have NRaas Overwatch installed? That mod should catch stuck sims and reset them automatically.

Alternatively the testing version of NRaas GoHere is supposed to be able to turn off autonomous water routing altogether. Note, this is the testing version under the "Update History Testing" link on the NRaas site. The release version of GoHere (v43) has an option to disable water routing but it doesn't work. However, I don't recommend the current testing version of GoHere (v44g) as I've had several issues with it. Other people on NRaas seem to be able to use it without the issues I experience though.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The beta testing version of NRaas GoHere with it's Allow Boat Routing setting on False works most of the time for me, and I'm not having any problems with it. Occasionally sims attempt to boat or use water taxis anyway with the setting in place and end up in a non-existent off the map position (thus needing to be reset), but that's not an everyday occurrence at all.

Another approach, depending on where these ponds are in relation to actual lots and how reachable the area around them might be, would be to place objects in the way of where the pets or other sims seem to be hailing the water taxis -- things like rocks, fences, anything they can't route through.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @TreyNutz - Yes, I have Overwatch installed. Unfortunately it only does it check once per sim day, usually in the middle of teh night.

@igazor - Does Go Here work for sim and pets which are not part of your family. The area I'm talking about is the swampy area in Twinbrook. This area wasn't a problem at all until I installed Island Paradise and it's water taxis. I don't know why dogs have started attempting to use taxis rather than walk around the ponds. I think the routing issue is clearly that the boats generally don't have anywhere to go. They just appear and then stay there because the pond is only about as big as the boat. I couldn't put fences up because they're not actually lots, they're just ponds between the houses.

I haven't modified the terrain, added or removed trees in the area at all and again, this area never posed a problem with regard to routing until the installation of Island Paradise. I honestly don't understand why it's happening because in all my Sims 3 days, I've never even seen a dog take a land taxi, let alone a water one. Confusing me and frustrating me. Hopefully someone will put together a mod to disable all taxis, if only just to disable the water taxis. I've disliked these things since I first saw them as sims tend to use them unnecessarily, taking routes they normally wouldn't have before Island Paradise, just to get into a water taxi. Then again, EA and the developers of Sims 3 really don't understand moderation in all things generally. Case and point, I'm about to collapse and I'm starving to death but I've been watching this cat play with this toy for 5 hours and it's just not getting old!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @TreyNutz - Yes, I have Overwatch installed. Unfortunately it only does it check once per sim day, usually in the middle of teh night.

It monitors for stuck sims through out the day too. At least for me it does. I get stuck sim notices at all hours of the day. (Not frequently, just saying not only at OW's 3 AM clean up routines.) Maybe check your OW settings and make sure you have Stuck Check and Stuck Check Auto-Reset set to true?
    edited June 2017
    Yes, the once a day at 3am thing is a different kind of check.

GoHere works, to the extent that it does, on all sims active and inactive. I had a similar problem in Riverview where the waterways are just too narrow in most places for water taxis to work but they kept spawning and sims kept trying to take them anyway. Now, with GoHere, I do see the taxis and some other unowned boats spawn occasionally but they all disappear pretty quickly. When a sim (doesn't matter if it's a human or a different species) does rarely route using one of these and get stuck, it's just a matter of really bad timing and their already being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I do routinely take a quick look around waterway in any world with this setting on False just to see if I need to step in and get rid of some boats or stop sims from trying to do the impossible, and every once in a great while I do catch something like that apparently just about to happen.

Just to be clear, this is the version we are talking about. As a bonus, you also get its new, insanely customizable door locking and pay for entry mechanism to play with but if you have no interest in that you can just ignore the feature and it shouldn't do anything. I know some players have had some unusual not seemingly directly related to routing issues with this version of the mod in play, and roller/ice skating I believe remains completely broken, but it is still a work in progress.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Testing
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    I know some players have had some unusual not seemingly directly related to routing issues with this version of the mod in play, and roller/ice skating I believe remains completely broken, but it is still a work in progress.

That's the major issue I've had with v44g: my game completely freezes every time any sim roller skates; I have to force quit through the Task Manager. Given roller skating at festival lots vs. GoHere, I chose roller skating. The other issue I had was that in newly instanced worlds inactive sims didn't leave their home lots and so community lots were totally vacant. The door locking mechanisms were amazing though. That could be a game changing feature once the other issues are fixed.
    edited June 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    I know some players have had some unusual not seemingly directly related to routing issues with this version of the mod in play, and roller/ice skating I believe remains completely broken, but it is still a work in progress.

That's the major issue I've had with v44g: my game completely freezes every time any sim roller skates; I have to force quit through the Task Manager. Given roller skating at festival lots vs. GoHere, I chose roller skating. The other issue I had was that in newly instanced worlds inactive sims didn't leave their home lots and so community lots were totally vacant. The door locking mechanisms were amazing though. That could be a game changing feature once the other issues are fixed.
    Unfortunately I found out about the skating issue too late, or it appeared into the mix later in the beta testing release version process. I don't have to Force Quit if I don't want to whenever a sim anywhere in the world tried to skate, my game freezes up then crashes for me after very slowly increasing RAM usage until it gets over the limit that the game can handle (if I wait that long, glaring at Task Manager wondering if it's going to recover). Since I'm already hopelessly addicted to the door lock mechansims and have them in place all over in most of my worlds, and practically rely on the Boat Routing Disallow option to function now which is what started this conversation, instead I chose to use Retuner to disallow sims from skating autonomously and just remember to never direct my own sims to do so. I will undo that in Retuner as soon as it's safe to do so.

I do remember the lack of inactives being pushed out of their houses issue that you and some others have faced, but am not seeing that (yet, anyway) and others have indicated it's not affecting them, either. I'm sure that is also being looked at.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I was looking at GoHere precisely for the boat problem and then read it has a problem with the various teleportation transports in the worlds. Is it very onerous to remove all the LLAMAs and is that the only other big issue still borked with it? I was psyching up to fix IP and finally play it - or at least check the box to install it so I can use its objects elsewhere - but got scared of bugs.
    I was looking at GoHere precisely for the boat problem and then read it has a problem with the various teleportation transports in the worlds. Is it very onerous to remove all the LLAMAs and is that the only other big issue still borked with it? I was psyching up to fix IP and finally play it - or at least check the box to install it so I can use its objects elsewhere - but got scared of bugs.
    Yes, GoHere and the Llama Transport booths have never gotten along. Shouldn't be game breaking, but they will cause sims to lose track of where they were going and kick up some odd script errors occasionally. It's better to remove the booths if one wants to use GoHere.

You can find all of the booths in a world by using MasterController on City Hall or the world lot (street/sidewalk),
    NRaas > MC > Object Info > (try Non-Inventory, Local, Global) and select to Focus upon
    or
    NRaas > MC > Object Stats > (try same) and select to Flush (force delete).
    (MC Cheats module required)

But if there's only a couple of them and you know where they are, of course they can be deleted the Build/Buy way.

Other forms of transport like subways still work as they ever did.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!