Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I have a question - when are stories due for May? At the end of the month?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Since last month was my first time participating I'm not sure if I just missed it or something but...

Who won last month? I know there were only 4 entries, but I am still curious. ^_^
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @superkyle221 : Stories are due on the last day of the month (so for this month, May 31st) at midnight Central Daylight Timezone (GMT-5) .

This will probably be my first month stepping out since I started participating in October 2015; rebuilding the Stories and Legacies Index has taken all my time this month. Uh... I'm sorry? (See what I did there? ^_~ )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    > @mastressalita said:
    > @superkyle221 : Stories are due on the last day of the month (so for this month, May 31st) at midnight Central Daylight Timezone (GMT-5) .
    >
    > This will probably be my first month stepping out since I started participating in October 2015; rebuilding the Stories and Legacies Index has taken all my time this month. Uh... I'm sorry? (See what I did there? ^_~ )

Thank you so much! I guess I have one other question - can you only participate if you have Sims 3? I don't have it, but I didn't realize this was in the Sims 3 thread.
    @superkyle221 : The forums recently changed the entire structure of the Stories and Legacies section. There used to be a "general" Stories and Legacies section that was "shared" or "for everyone" that this thread was located in, but the forums deleted this entire board, and moved everything that was in this board into the Sims 3 section, even if it was for mixed content (my Stories and Legacies Index was another thread effected by this change). If you read the rules located on the very first post of this thread, you'll see that any and all Sims games are accepted.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I actually remembered to submit something for this month. Yay.

The Name Game
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Wow, I guess playing a game for a couple hours, unintentionally, makes this thread explode?
    @superkyle221 mastress is correct-- this thread is open to all sims games, it's just stuck in the sims 3 section since there's no longer a general stories and legacies section on the forums. Entries are due midnight central time on the last day of the month. We'd love it if you entered!
    @mastressalita Thanks for the help answering questions. It's too bad about the forum situation and that you can't enter this month, but I love what you did! ;)
    @Arrowleaf @ra3rei placed first last month.
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @Pegasus143 Re3rei didn't enter last month. She was the winner for March. ^_^ It was me, @Cement, @Weathie and @mastressalita
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Thanks, super helpful!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    @Pegasus143 Re3rei didn't enter last month. She was the winner for March. ^_^ It was me, @Cement, @Weathie and @mastressalita

I'm not sure I ever posted April's winners. O.O But, here they are!

In third place we have:
    @Cement with About You
    In second place we have:
    @Weathie with Hunted.
    In first place we have:
    @Arrowleaf with Seeing Is Believing
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    Yeah, I was going by my banner pm's, but since Wolfie never posted April winners I never sent out banners... whoops. I'll do that now.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was going by my banner pm's, but since Wolfie never posted April winners I never sent out banners... whoops. I'll do that now.

Whoopsies, sorry. :blush:
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ah darn it - I was just (finally) seriously thinking about the topic and thought of an idea for a story this month. Now the question is can I write it while working on buying a house...Probably? If I can't write properly, at least I can write short stories?
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    @ra3rei Even if you can't make the deadline for voting, you could still put it in the for fun category :)
    Made it - With five minutes to spare:
    I will edit the post once but only to add credits to it and fix the featured image.

For Lucy
    05-31-17_11-20-35c2a0pm.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    @ra3rei Congrats! I'll update the submissions list with your entry.
    And the votes are open for May 2017! :D

Click Here to vote. :)

Click Here for the submissions. :)

Voting for May 2017 winners will be open from June 1st to June 7th, 12 pm Central time
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Voted! Great job everyone, I love how every story was truly unique in nature. Have a great day/night! <3
    edited June 2017

June's Theme: A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words

We’re taking this saying literally.

Special Rules: Use 1 screenshot and 0-500 words in this month’s entry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions:
    Marnie by @lilypadmeulin
    Happiest Day of Her Life by @superkyle221
    Nothing Fishy About This by @rednenemon
    Reunion by @Sarahkay
    Early Retirement by @Cement
    The Most Relaxed Job Ever by @PatchouliNitt
    Maritial Musings by @kethrydrake
    The Car Accident by @rosethesimmer
    The Embrace by @lisabee2
    Goodbyes by @mastressalita
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Max and Me by @Pegasus143
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
    Voted as well. What a variety of stories and apologies we had!

Hmmm a pictures worth 500 words. This will be a challenge. Normally for these things, I write then screenshot. But perhaps this time I should find the picture first.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Here's my submission for this month!

https://driftwoodpoet.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/marnie-a-simlit-challenge-story/
    I decided to enter this month's story competition! I can't directly link (I'm still a new member), but here is the link.

Happiest Day of Her Life
    https://simstoriesweb.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/sscjune2017/
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Voted as well. What a variety of stories and apologies we had!

Hmmm a pictures worth 500 words. This will be a challenge. Normally for these things, I write then screenshot. But perhaps this time I should find the picture first.

I always screenshot, then write (yes, even in SSC where my ideas are far more structured than, say, Cat Chronicles where I depend on seeing what happens in game to guide my writing). I guess I'm just stuck in my ways! I notice, technically, this is the first month one could not write at all if they wish... 0-500 words! This challenge reminds me of the Photo Fridays that I do each week, sort of!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @lilypadmeulin @superkyle221 Thank you for entering! We love having new members here :)
    @mastressalita Yes, you could technically not write anything this month-- sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words ;) And thank you for promoting this thread on the newsfeed!
    @Pegasus143 : I've always been scared to promote it on the newsfeed because I didn't want anyone to accuse me of "soliciting votes" simply for promoting the thread as a whole (since I typically have a story submitted, May has been my first I wasn't able to make that deadline since October 2015). I figured I'd do it this month only because I didn't have a story entered. If the kind of promotion I put on the newsfeed is acceptable, I will be more than happy to continue doing it in future months, but I do intend to get my participation back on track (I still want to try to get a May story done for fun ^_~ )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg