Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    crstasse wrote: »
    > @minkydpain said:
    > So I've figured out the the visitor problem I'm having with the gym a little more... When I first go to the gym everything is normal, plenty of people around, after a few days of no new people and the people that came the first day or so eventually leave, after getting really Murky! after about 3 or 4 days it's just Minky and which ever gym trainer is at work.... it changes... the only way I've found to "correct" this problem is to leave and go to another lot, but then that messes up my plants a little and I have to fertilize again and such... Its way annoying and makes it way less profitable to busk at the gym unless I leave first...

I think it's a glitch in the game. I have the same problem!! I've not been able to busk at the gym and I noticed that when I've been there for a while no one else is around! If you find a way around it let me know, because I think it'll be too hard to do the side challenge with that issue.

Hmmmm....I'm not having this problem, my gym is packed full of sims all day and all night. The up side...my simself is finding busking and selling her 2 potions to be quite profitable. The down side....fast forward speed doesn't work while she's sleeping, they keep starting to grill but then walking away so I have to throw it away before I can cook.....and dirty dishes everywhere!!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited June 2017
    I did it! So much fun!

2061ws4.jpg

I do have a question about the gym part, I am starting it next. The aspiration says to catch 5 fish in granite falls, but the rules say to avoid fishing. Can we just catch the five to complete that part?

Post edited by Pallystyle on
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    @Pallypoo Congratulations!

And welcome (be it a late welcome) to all the new Murkers! <3
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    @crstasse

The only thing that seems to work for me is to leave the lot every few days, I try to wait until my more important plants have recently evolved, and I have set my "busking days" or "work days" to tues and thurs as bathing days are mon, wed, fri, even though I haven't actually gone anywhere to bathe as i'm making deodorizing cream lol. so you could just leave on tuesday morning.... also if you just play your instrument where people are they tend to tip even if you aren't technically busking, so I've found that there are two grill outside of the gym lot, wait untill there are one or two people grilling/eating and go practice near them, you'll likely get a few tips that way....
    @Pallypoo Gratz!

@ronnigirl67 I wish wish wish I had that problem to much people, mess would be nicer than no one, no one makes any meals for me, at the gym so I have go all the way to one of the other grills IF anyone has grilled anything to get my free, no work, meal lol. on a side note I also have had the no speed sleep issue and it seem to correct itself after I did as someone said to delete the tent and replace it because it wasn't allowing the sleeps to count for the aspiration... plus I had a tent that always had it's light on at night, always! whether or not someone was in it, whether or not that person was sleeping! any ways after the delete and rebuy my sleeps seem to be speeding up again properly until someone txts me or somthing :( even though I have it on silence.... and of course one was congratulating me on my "promotion" LOL
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I've been playing for about a week, and it's so much fun! :) I've played about 10 Sim days so far...

My Sim is making friends crazy-fast! She's got the 20 friends already and is at charisma level 8. For me, that's pretty fast!

I've got 9 trash plants and 7 trash piles! That's the hardest part so far, keeping my Sim from picking up all the trash and making one big pile! And when friends stop by, they do the same! So I've been limiting time she's been at the home lot.

Question: Is it ok to ask for loans? I didn't read anything against it, but I realized that this might be a cheating way to get the funds built up quickly!

Also: I found parsley! Yay! Highlight of the game, so far!

I'm also loving all the Sims, both those @Brennachan created and those the game is creating. The game seems to have keyed into the style and mood of the game, because it keeps creating outdoor-loving hippies! LOL! In loud clothes! :o

So much fun...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Good morning Murklanders and Nukecresters! I know it's been awhile, but I finally have an up-date on Kate's Misadventures in Murkland. And yes, I am still on Challenge 1. Before I finish Challenge 1, I wanted to "showcase" some sims playing the Murkland Challenge and also display some murky lots. This chapter took a bit longer as rl called. So, hope you enjoy my latest chapter and have a murky weekend! I love to hear all your comments, so please let me hear your thoughts. :)

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/06/murkland-thursday-chapter-17.html
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    minkydpain wrote: »
    So I've figured out the the visitor problem I'm having with the gym a little more... When I first go to the gym everything is normal, plenty of people around, after a few days of no new people and the people that came the first day or so eventually leave, after getting really Murky! after about 3 or 4 days it's just Minky and which ever gym trainer is at work.... it changes... the only way I've found to "correct" this problem is to leave and go to another lot, but then that messes up my plants a little and I have to fertilize again and such... Its way annoying and makes it way less profitable to busk at the gym unless I leave first...

@minkydpain - thanks for the tip. Will remember this when I get to the Gym Challenge. Thanks :)
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    crstasse wrote: »
    I thought I'd give a quick update on where I'm at in the challenge. River (though it's not her real name and no one has prior memory of their former lives, a side effect they were told from the blast), has finally reached level 10 charisma, completing the Friend of the World Aspiration and gardening level 7 enabling her to visit the two lots she's been dreaming about since arriving in Murkland. And was she ever happy!!! It's only taken her 30 game days to get there. Her 16 trash plants are coming along nicely but still taking their merry time. She has 5 excellent plants, 9 great and 2 at the good stage. She can finally make the deodorizing ointment at a normal quality, for a while there is was poor and she has spent a lot of days stinking up the town :) When not setting her arm on fire from lighting the fire pit, she happily tends to her trash plants, dreaming of a day when she'll have her own little house with a front porch, rocking chair and a good set of boots.

@crstasse -- you are coming along really nicely! It's ok to be murky in Murkland! You can rock that green fog! I see you have the parsely figured out. I used to just take Dusty Boots to the Hermit's Hut and have her have snacks in her inventory or eat what she caught and I would just let her pee herself. I would stay there until I got some parsely. But, I see you have found the hidden location a bit closer by so that is good news! :D
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I finished the aspiration part! I also have to say that my sim has been having a bipolar romantic-friendship with Sunshine the Freegan. lol, this man/sim is something else. It has made for some great gameplay. Good job on creating him @Brennachan !

@Pallypoo -- so glad you are having fun with Sunshine! It's hard to be a vegetarian in Murkland. Poor guy! Congratulations on finishing the aspiration! That one is not easy!
    UPDATE!! I went to rosemow's bug thread to refresh my memory on how to reset my sims folder and saw her suggest something so very simple....delete an object, then buy it again. THAT WORKED!! My sim has now slept 2/5 nights in a tent at the gym!! WooHooo :D

I am so glad you got the tent situation fixed @ronnigirl67! Sometimes the game does glitchy stuff like that! Rosemow is such a good sourse of both info and kindness!
    edited June 2017
    @minkydpain and all others -- Sorry to hear about the population glitch. Grrr.... Just head to another locale and then back to the gym. Some folks were having ginormous bills when away from the homelot on Mondays so you are allowed to go home Sunday night and stay until the bills IF you are experiencing that glitch. If you are only experiencing the population glitch, then just go somewhere else in Murkland and return. You can always go to the hot springs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    I did it! So much fun!

Murk1_zpsipmdsarf.jpg

I do have a question about the gym part, I am starting it next. The aspiration says to catch 5 fish in granite falls, but the rules say to avoid fishing. Can we just catch the five to complete that part?

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Woot! Woot! That is awesim!

As for the gym challenge -- yes, that is confusing. I need to rewrite that about fishing. What I meant to say is don't fish to collect them and earn money from them but by all means you can fish to catch those 5 fish and you can sell them if you wish -- but only those five. Sorry!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I've been playing for about a week, and it's so much fun! :) I've played about 10 Sim days so far...

My Sim is making friends crazy-fast! She's got the 20 friends already and is at charisma level 8. For me, that's pretty fast!

I've got 9 trash plants and 7 trash piles! That's the hardest part so far, keeping my Sim from picking up all the trash and making one big pile! And when friends stop by, they do the same! So I've been limiting time she's been at the home lot.

Question: Is it ok to ask for loans? I didn't read anything against it, but I realized that this might be a cheating way to get the funds built up quickly!

Also: I found parsley! Yay! Highlight of the game, so far!

I'm also loving all the Sims, both those @Brennachan created and those the game is creating. The game seems to have keyed into the style and mood of the game, because it keeps creating outdoor-loving hippies! LOL! In loud clothes! :o

So much fun...

@CathyTea -- I am so glad you are having fun with the Challenge! Woot! Yes, the trash plants are the hardest part. Yay, for finding parsley! I have not made an official rule on loans yet but I am thinking of banning them. I would rather Murklanders live on the land and not other peeps. ;)

I love that the game is making crazy sims. While playtesting Challenge 2, I have seen some crazy hats -- including Darth Vador with a vampire suit! Haha!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Good morning Murklanders and Nukecresters! I know it's been awhile, but I finally have an up-date on Kate's Misadventures in Murkland. And yes, I am still on Challenge 1. Before I finish Challenge 1, I wanted to "showcase" some sims playing the Murkland Challenge and also display some murky lots. This chapter took a bit longer as rl called. So, hope you enjoy my latest chapter and have a murky weekend! I love to hear all your comments, so please let me hear your thoughts. :)

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/06/murkland-thursday-chapter-17.html

Awesome update, @SoulGal7! I am loving your Tour the Camps theme!
    @Brennachan here's a thought for loans: what if we could as for them for gaining charisma skill, but we had to pay them back (gaining more charisma skill in the process ) within X amount of time , and we can't buy anything with the funds and they don't count for the total amount we need to earn?

Of course, you might feel that social interaction of asking and paying back loans builds charisma faster than you want... it always feels a bit like a short cut to me...

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Brennachan here's a thought for loans: what if we could as for them for gaining charisma skill, but we had to pay them back (gaining more charisma skill in the process ) within X amount of time , and we can't buy anything with the funds and they don't count for the total amount we need to earn?

Of course, you might feel that social interaction of asking and paying back loans builds charisma faster than you want... it always feels a bit like a short cut to me...

@CathyTea -- I like the idea and it could be optional for peeps to do the loans that way or not at all. For now, let's make that a tentative rule... <3
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »

@CathyTea -- I like the idea and it could be optional for peeps to do the loans that way or not at all. For now, let's make that a tentative rule... <3

Is getting a loan part of the Vampire pack? I've not heard of this before.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @SoulGal7 That was a great chapter! I really enjoyed the read.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Yay! I finished the Gym side challenge :) I think I might keep my busking days at the gym on Tues and Thurs while I finish the library side challenge
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I did it! So much fun!

Murk1_zpsipmdsarf.jpg

AWESOME job!! Congrats!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    It is always thrilling to read about how others are doing and to see all the new people.
    Welcome to the Newcomers and Congrats to everyone working their way through.
    Giant THANK YOU to @Brennachan for creating such a unique and wonderful challenge.
    It is more than a challenge.
    It is an Adventure!
    Rawla wrote: »
    Brennachan wrote: »

Is getting a loan part of the Vampire pack? I've not heard of this before.

Asking for a loan is part of Charisma skill. With around 5 charisma points, you can ask for "a small loan," and with around 6 or 7, you can ask for "a large loan." I usually don't use it (because I don't like borrowing, personally) but it's a great way to build back charisma quickly, and I've never seen the relationships take a hit from it.

After you borrow, you can "pay back loan," which gives even more charisma points! Once, when I was trying to build charisma quickly, I had my Sim borrow/repay with everyone she knew, and it built that charisma so fast!

Do you all find that your Murkland Sims are fast skillers? Mine is super fast. I'm thinking it's because of the glutton trait: I've noticed before that gluttons learn fastest of all!

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @CathyTea That's very interesting. I never knew that before. :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top