Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim kid always wakes up screaming.

2...Next

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The more I think about it, I think that's just their intended waking up animation and not even a bug.
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2017
    But kids shouldn't jump up out there sleep every single morning. Doesn't seem normal.
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I have only had toddlers do this and it stopped when I put a radio in there room on the lullaby station for kids i use the coolala lamp
    edited June 2017
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    But kids shouldn't jump up out there sleep every single morning. Doesn't seem normal.

Yeah, didn't say it's normal....I just think that's how they chose to do it, for whatever reason....to give children their own waking from sleep animation. In the end, it has zero impact on the game though as there is no negative moodlet or negative impact to the kid....it's just the animation.
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    I have only had toddlers do this and it stopped when I put a radio in there room on the lullaby station for kids i use the coolala lamp

This is only for children. The kids aren't waking up with actual nightmares which lead to sad moods and crying like the toddlers. At the child stage, when they wake up from a normal night of sleep after being fully rested, they be appear to be startled and look around before they get out of bed...it almost looks like they woke up out of a scary dream and are relieved it was just a dream. But there's no mood impact or anything for them.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The more I think about it, I think that's just their intended waking up animation and not even a bug.
    Do I have too much empathy if I think thats cruel?
    In the end, it has zero impact on the game though as there is no negative moodlet or negative impact to the kid..
    It gives me a negative moodlet.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes happening to me too. It's startling, I hear a scream and I'm looking around to see what's wrong and apparently nothing is wrong lol
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    This has been happening to me since the Kids Room SP patch last year. The only good part about it is that if I'm playing a large household, I always know when the kids wake up since I can hear them scream. If I don't hear them scream and they need to leave for school soon, I know that I need to wake them up! But other than that, it's super annoying. I pressed the "Me too" on the thread at AHQ, so hopefully they see it and fix it soon!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
    edited June 2017
    Zasz wrote: »

Nope....I think it's a little bit of a weird animation too...seems to me like it would make more sense that they only wake up startled if something scared them.

What is the name of the negative moodlet and what does the description on it say? And were they at full energy when they woke up? The kids in my games have woken up with this "startled" animation every single time, full rested energy or not....and I've never once seen a negative moodlet specifically for a child waking up on full rested energy with the usual "startled" animation on hundreds and hundreds of occasions.

• AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited June 2017
    It happens occasionally for me, they'll be leaning against their bed and searching around for something. They seem startled and hop out of their bed, with no negative moodlets to go with it.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017

Nope....I think it's a little bit of a weird animation too...seems to me like it would make more sense that they only wake up startled if something scared them.

What is the name of the negative moodlet and what does the description on it say? And were they at full energy when they woke up? The kids in my games have woken up with this "startled" animation every single time, full rested energy or not....and I've never once seen a negative moodlet specifically for a child waking up on full rested energy with the usual "startled" animation on hundreds and hundreds of occasions.

I think they are being a little sarcastic and aren't talking about the sims, but themselves because they don't like it. Lol I could be wrong. . .
  • CalvinistCalvinist Posts: 9 New Member
    It's as though the game cannot differentiate between them waking because of the monster and waking up because it's morning or their energy level is back to the top. However once they realise the monster isn't who woke them up they become calm and relieved.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Kids wake up appearing to be startled....not really screaming at all. It's just an animation bug. If your kids have a full energy bar then they are fine.

Mine wakes up every morning with a start, clasping at his chest. But he jumps out of bed and laughs to himself. lol I think it's cute. I think of it as he's reacting to a dream of him going to school with no pants on.

But it would be nice if they fixed this little bug.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Same here, it's been a bug for many months now, unfortunately.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I've only just noticed this happening in my game. They don't have a nightmare or a monster under the bed, so I think something is botched and the animation for waking up and seeing a monster under the bed has replaced the normal waking up animation.
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I don't think this a bug. They probably replaced the monster waking up animation with the normal one.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hmm I don't think so, the only problem I've run into is my kids getting scared by monsters every single night!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • sparkles555sparkles555 Posts: 16 Member
    Same here, every single morning they wake up screaming.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I have experienced this, too. Even though I put up those monster-be-gone wall lamps, my little Simmie children wake up startled, hand on their chest and panting. It's kinda cute in a way. Are we sure it's a bug?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've seen this happen, I didn't realize it was a bug. I just thought it was an animation to let us know the kid was awake. I too, play a large household and hearing the sound helped me know when the kids woke up so I could start helping them get ready for school.

They also do a little sing songy thing sometimes when they wake up too, don't they? I don't have any kids in my household right now but I heard/seen the startled and heard a ta-da type of sound as well. That's why I always thought it was meant to be that way to let us know the kid might need to be checked up on or whatever.

I don't know anything about the monster under the bed because I put a mod in after seeing it once and decided I wasn't dealing with it it again, so I don't know what the night terror animation is like. :D