Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mod for sims to sit down?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 I have around 800 MB, which is veeeery few, some people have 15GB...
    That's 8 times more than I have ;) Which was my point. I can imagine in your game MC changes outfits faster if that interaction lags, but not in mine (it's click, change outfit, swoooop, they wear a different outfit). And I know some people have huge Mods folders, I think it's one of the reasons the game gets accused of being laggy by some.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    @JoAnne65 - Interesting You say the babies are always put into their crib. -Mine don't. Maybe my simparents are of spartan heritage, and want their babies to grow up hardened warriors. -or something... :D
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 - Interesting You say the babies are always put into their crib. -Mine don't. Maybe my simparents are of spartan heritage, and want their babies to grow up hardened warriors. -or something... :D
    I didn't just say it, under the link is an example of me testing it ;) (because I wasn't sure about it back then, I always control my sims and therefore sometimes miss what they do autonomously) The game triggers them to put the baby into their crib before doing anything else. Even if they are holding a baby hungry and plan to get something to eat. The icon of the fridge remained but my sim ignored it untill his daughter was lying in her bed. Only then did he go to the fridge (the icon was there all the time, he just ignored it). This is how the game is programmed so I have no idea why it doesn't work like that for you. It isn't a mod ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Good idea! I can't even get two sims to sit next to eachother on the couch for a simple photo. If one of them happened to be hungry... forget about the picture!
  • Options
    Good idea! I can't even get two sims to sit next to eachother on the couch for a simple photo. If one of them happened to be hungry... forget about the picture!
    Even if they're not hungry and you disabled free will, they have this annoying tendency to stand up again. I have no idea why.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited May 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm afraid even the NRaas Animator mod is not going to be as helpful as I thought now that I see what you are trying to do. We've had a few threads about this at NRaas over the years. The closest I think we can get sims to sit still, be quiet, and appear to (but not really) listen to a presenter or someone who might be presiding over a meeting or class of some kind on screen is to serve them coffee with this mod and not give them a dining room table along with the seating you do have for them to access.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Have+Coffee+With+Me

Seems intersting!!! :smile:

Another thing is you could use ATS3 Attention Catchers which are really just televisions but look like various other objects. Use Selector to direct each sim in turn to watch TV, then return to your presenter sim. http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_electronics_misc_04.shtml
    I do use them (and in general I'm a big fan of Sandy's creations). The downside is that they are like TV, so again - as I mentioned with the Cinema Plumbob - sims won't sit at the same time, and get up after a few seconds. But I do like the simplicity of the attention catchers (I wish someone at the sims store would come up with something like this, instead of an object to turture sims with pins or an on object to make them imitate a chicken. These are actual objects sold at the store :expressionless: )
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Even if they're not hungry and you disabled free will, they have this annoying tendency to stand up again. I have no idea why.
    Totally. they are like my 4 year old niece. I think grown sims should have the ability to just sit quietly. :lol:

@Anthonydyer I would reccomend to use pose player mod for pictures, sims can be hungry+exhausted+smelly+whatever but they will pose until you say otherwise.

[by the way I thought to use pose player for the purposes I described in this thread but I still need a way how to use this on large crowd of non-active sims].
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Controlling inactives so they stop doing whatever they feel like? Blasphemy! That would be witchcraft. We don't talk about such things here. >:)

(coughs)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Animator

As for pulling the sims onto a lot in the first place, maybe this will help? Note that the lot must be owned by your active household and at least one of them must be on-site for it to work. It's also very forceful, if you adjust its settings too high (easy to do), it will pull the entire town into the lot onto which it's placed and they will bottleneck at the front door trying to get in.
    http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1078

Can you make the whole town go to city hall and protest? I want the whole town to Yeti protest :p
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Controlling inactives so they stop doing whatever they feel like? Blasphemy! That would be witchcraft. We don't talk about such things here. >:)

(coughs)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Animator

As for pulling the sims onto a lot in the first place, maybe this will help? Note that the lot must be owned by your active household and at least one of them must be on-site for it to work. It's also very forceful, if you adjust its settings too high (easy to do), it will pull the entire town into the lot onto which it's placed and they will bottleneck at the front door trying to get in.
    http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1078

Can you make the whole town go to city hall and protest? I want the whole town to Yeti protest :p
    Sure, if your sims own the lot that City Hall is on (actually that's impossible with the municipal buildings). And you wouldn't be making them join the protest, at least not that way, the machine just pulls sims onto the lot and leaves them there. What they do next is still up to them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    When I made my sims have a huge wedding in my Indoor Outdoor Wedding Venue I took drastic steps to get them under my control.

I
    1. saved the game with a new name - because I was going to destroy it
    2. had about 50 sims in the one household - so I could control them all
    3. used the mailbox to make all happy
    4. used the mailbox to make needs static
    5. bulldozed every place of work or school in the world so nothing would call them to work or school. It was easier than making them quit work because there were so many of them and the game kept giving them new jobs. I didn't want to spend a long long long long long time looking up how to do it with mods and search around for mod settings and spend hours and hours and hours on forums asking people what mods I needed and how to use them. Bulldozing everything was quick and easy and it was a throw away save anyway.
    6. Removed free will

I got them all to sit and mostly they stayed put.

Then when the wedding started a paparazzi got generated and caused some havoc inside the chapel - but fortunately I decided to ignore that. Only one of the seated sims seemed to notice their presence.

I din't use Pose Player.

Here are a few of the pictures I got.

TedAndHelenaW025.jpg

TedAndHelenaW002.jpg

TedAndHelenaW003.jpg

The sims standing in front were standing there because I told them to stand there. They were supposed to be part of the wedding party. I thought it might be asking too much to try to get them to follow the bride and her father down the aisle.

TedAndHelenaW006.jpg

TedAndHelenaW005.jpg

TedAndHelenaW008.jpg

Then as soon as the wedding had happened and they were married everyone stood up and mingled.

HwD081.jpg

Now, I don't know if they'd have sat so still if it had been a presentation. But I think pausing the game to tell everyone to watch the presentation and then unpausing it so they all get the instruction at the same time might help.

EDIT: That sim standing at the back (pink shirt and brown beads) in one of the pictures is the paparazzi who wandered in at the end.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Totally. they are like my 4 year old niece. I think grown sims should have the ability to just sit quietly. :lol:

@Anthonydyer I would reccomend to use pose player mod for pictures, sims can be hungry+exhausted+smelly+whatever but they will pose until you say otherwise.

[by the way I thought to use pose player for the purposes I described in this thread but I still need a way how to use this on large crowd of non-active sims].
    Indeed :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Cool pictures @Karritz !
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Karritz Very nice wedding pics! :) I remember @lasummerb mentioned something she used to get sims to sit, but I can't remember what it was... :s
    You do just about what I do when I need to take pics with lots of sims - I usually delete the school, like that I don't get any sims needing to use their parental powers, thus blocking the kids/teens... B)

That's pretty awesome @CravenLestat :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yes, those pics were awesome @Karritz!

@Avatarit the Sims 3 Store is closed, I'm afraid. I think it's extremely doubtful that they will ever make any more content for TS3.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    I am looking for a mod(s) that does 2 things:
    make non-active sims go to a lot I choose (commercial lot, and to have the possibilty to summon group of sims).
    after having them go to the lot, make them just sit for a long time and do nothing.

I need this function for many ideas that I have, but it feels like they can never sit more than a few seconds, it's like they have ADHD...

To be clear - I'm not looking for specific solution for one situation (like wedding - where there is the wedding arch), I'm looking for something more general that could fit different situations, different types of lots/events/age groups.

Thanks! :smile:

pose player (plus poses) and possibly OMSP mod
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I really wish they had programmed certain actions to make all sims in the room sit down. Similar to how they did the wedding ceremony. Although that's not perfect (some sims insist on standing), and will only work with chairs categorized as dining chairs, it's one of the only things in the game that accomplishes this.

It also happens at Uni when sims attend a class lecture - so why can't it happen when any sim does the lecture interaction using the podium? I have no idea - wish I was a programmer or modder so I might be able to figure it out.

Pose player only works if all you want to do is to take pictures for a story. If you are just trying to play the game, then you need interactions either as part of the game play or a mod that adds them.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I really wish they had programmed certain actions to make all sims in the room sit down. Similar to how they did the wedding ceremony. Although that's not perfect (some sims insist on standing), and will only work with chairs categorized as dining chairs, it's one of the only things in the game that accomplishes this.

It also happens at Uni when sims attend a class lecture - so why can't it happen when any sim does the lecture interaction using the podium? I have no idea - wish I was a programmer or modder so I might be able to figure it out.

Pose player only works if all you want to do is to take pictures for a story. If you are just trying to play the game, then you need interactions either as part of the game play or a mod that adds them.
    Yes, me too. I presume it's a hard thing for them to do though, because I believe they have the same issues (even worse) with guests on weddings in Sims 4.

(no, poseplayer is not a solution because that doesn't affect playing)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The sims in a Uni lecture aren't really paying attention to the lecturer though, it only looks like they are. They are really rotating through various other sitting-down animations -- taking notes, raising their hand, staring into space, yawning, falling asleep. I can't believe there is any programmatic limitation to a different set of such animations existing for other settings, it has to be that the game developers just didn't include them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    The sims in a Uni lecture aren't really paying attention to the lecturer though, it only looks like they are. They are really rotating through various other sitting-down animations -- taking notes, raising their hand, staring into space, yawning, falling asleep. I can't believe there is any programmatic limitation to a different set of such animations existing for other settings, it has to be that the game developers just didn't include them.
    I think it's the same with weddings to be honest? Clapping, crying, throwing rice. And eating together for that matter.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Avatarit the Sims 3 Store is closed, I'm afraid. I think it's extremely doubtful that they will ever make any more content for TS3.
    Yeah, I don't really expect something new... Just wanted to share my thoughts regarding the current items sold there...
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    pose player (plus poses) and possibly OMSP mod

Can I ask what "OMSP mod" is...?