Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else sees the new 'splash' ad for 3x discounts through MMAO (though the dates are wrong, so it's probably an error like the one someone found last time).

Also OMG JUST HAD 10 SP SHOW UP! Not sure why, but it's the only SP I've gotten in ~4+ days. Someone is listening to us!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    > @lauravonawesome said:
    > Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else sees the new 'splash' ad for 3x discounts through MMAO (though the dates are wrong, so it's probably an error like the one someone found last time).
    >

Yeah, I see it too. I ran through some MMAO deals, though, and the discount rates look the same as normal. It's probably an ad that was set to go up around this time of year that's now out of date because no one's left to flip the "triple discount" switch.
    edited May 2017
    > @lauravonawesome said:
    > Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else sees the new 'splash' ad for 3x discounts through MMAO (though the dates are wrong, so it's probably an error like the one someone found last time).
    >

Yeah, I see it too. I ran through some MMAO deals, though, and the discount rates look the same as normal. It's probably an ad that was set to go up around this time of year that's now out of date because no one's left to flip the "triple discount" switch.

Sounds about right~ I know this happened once previously, in the time I've been back on the forums. So I'm not banking on anything, but will have to sneak a peek at MMAO tomorrow morning (used it this morning before going to the doctor around 8 am, so I've still got 12-ish hours before I can use it again).

Good old EA~ breaking things they can't be bothered to fix since *insert year here*.
    I'm too lazy to even look it up. Totally not salty or anything. :grin:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited May 2017
    About the MMAO machine ad, I believe is an outdated ad
    Snag a Custom Bundle!For a limited time, receive 3X the usual discount! Make Me an Offer’s triple discount weekend ends Thursday, 6/5 at 10 AM, PST! Additional terms and conditions apply. See here: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=4&selYear=2014

First of all notice the year in the hyperlink. Also, June 5th is not a Thursday. It was a Thursday in 2014. All the ads on the store main page are old. So many refer to new venues, sets and worlds that were released in 2013 or 2014.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 that's the first thing I noticed when I saw the ad; still, we can dream.

@Nomiko13 thank you for my beautiful mirror! I love that set, and you got me the rest of Monarch Suite for only 75 SP as well, which further lowered my CYS for Palace of Versailles, so double thank you!

Top 5 and CYS updated!

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2017
    So... I would like to take the time to thank @Kylieb191 and @Nomiko13 for the gifts today. I am now 1/2 way done with the ENTIRE Bayside set. I am SOOO excited. I just checked the Bayside bathroom set. I had enough of them (and it was red tagged), I got the rest for free!!! Thank you all so much!! My top 5 has been updated in my signature. <3
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Y'all are so welcome, @lauravonawesome & @Kitiara ! Some more simpoints was loaded onto my account so I thought it'd be a great idea to gift around to you lovely simmers <3
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for your gift <3<3<3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    @Nomiko13 can you please send some of your good luck my way? My ads paid out for just one day this week, and they're back to giving me nothing.

If the points ever show up, I will gift again. I miss being able to do that. But, since I can't replace any SP I spend, I have to be careful with what I have left~ I hope you guys understand.

Thank you @Kylieb191 for my beautiful Faire Wheelbarrow (and lowering my CYS for Faire Folk Outdoors)~ hugs to you! :heart::cookie:

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited June 2017
    You're welcome, @taratownie !<3
    @Nomiko13 can you please send some of your good luck my way? My ads paid out for just one day this week, and they're back to giving me nothing.

If the points ever show up, I will gift again. I miss being able to do that. But, since I can't replace any SP I spend, I have to be careful with what I have left~ I hope you guys understand.

@lauravonawesome What in tarnation is going on with your ads? :( My points are kinda sporadic. For some odd reason, points work best in the morning around 8AM for me 'til the afternoon, but after that, nada. :no_mouth: And we understand :) When I was nearly broke, I had to use my sp sparingly and couldn't gift for a while.

Thank you @Kylieb191 for the three lovely gifts <3 You lowered my CYS for Frontier Finds and Steampunk :love:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • 100alex001100alex001 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey im alex my sims 3 prfile name is 100alex001
    here is my wishlist http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=100alex001
    1.first what i want is The Boardwalk because i like the system and its very cool 1.900 SimPoints
    2.Deliciously Indulgent Bakery 1,900 SimPoints
    3.Sunlit Tides 2,450 SimPoints
    4.Aurora Skies 4,307 SimPoints
    5.Midnight Hollow 3,524 SimPoints
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2017
    100alex001 wrote: »
    Hey im alex my sims 3 prfile name is 100alex001
    here is my wishlist http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=100alex001
    1.first what i want is The Boardwalk because i like the system and its very cool 1.900 SimPoints
    2.Deliciously Indulgent Bakery 1,900 SimPoints
    3.Sunlit Tides 2,450 SimPoints
    4.Aurora Skies 4,307 SimPoints
    5.Midnight Hollow 3,524 SimPoints

There are a lot of high priced items hun, you'd be best trying to see if you can split these up if possible. Which I think all of these are non-cys :) I'd also advise to take a look on the first page of this post.

You're welcome @Nomiko13 , @lauravonawesome & @kitiara
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    @Nomiko13 I wish I knew what was going on. But they've been broken since the maintenance, and only one day has given me any SP. None of the points for the ads I watched ever showed up; Mai from HQ said that she'd look into it, but things have only gotten worse since then~ I'm lucky to even see an ad now, and the ones I do get are black screens and the 'sorry, this video is no longer available'.

Just popped over to the store site, and it looks like about 10 SP have been added to my account from ~2 days ago. I am beyond frustrated, and not being able to send people pretty things takes a lot of the fun out of my DD-stalking... I really hope that someone fixes this soon- I don't care how.

@100alex001 welcome to the gifting board!

You have a lot of big items on your list that are non-CYS, so I'm going to recommend what people suggested when I joined: to add to what @Kylieb191 already mentioned, take a look through those sets and see if you can add individual items from them to your wish list. If you can't, try adding smaller items; it ups your chances of being gifted and will lower your CYS (complete your set) percentage so that you can snag things for free or very cheap when they come up on the Daily Deal.

As I mentioned in my reply to Nomiko above, ads have been broken for a lot of us and SP are in short supply. You'll definitely have better luck with individual pieces, rather than big sets.

How to get the best value for your SP: visit us here.

I guess I'll just have to keep crossing my fingers and hope I see an ad eventually. Then I can test it again and see if it actually pays out this time.

• kitkat8828kitkat8828 Posts: 135 Member
    I used to come on here years ago! oh my goodness everything's changed!!
    @kitkat8828 welcome :)

Since you've got a lot of big sets on your list, I'll offer the same advice as what was given to me. Try adding smaller items from those sets to your wishlist instead, and up your chances of being gifted (it'll also lower your CYS/complete your set, so that you can grab some of them for free or very cheap on the DD).

Join us in stalking the DD specials here.

Ads have been broken for many of us lately (and still are for me), so big sets aren't always doable for those relying on farmed points.

@Kylieb191 thank you for my beautiful faire folk bench :)

edited June 2017
    OMG. Watched 2 ads and they paid out!

I don't get the big square ones anymore, meaning I can only farm points on my laptop now (since those videos don't play on my PC~ any idea why?), but at least it's something.

Also updating my top 5, since I just found something pretty in my gift box :)

edited June 2017
    oh wow, two more pretty things :)
    top 5 updated!

(if i don't mention names in posts here, it's because i'm trying to avoid double-tagging if i've already given thanks on another board, in this case someone on the dd-stalking thread.)

• SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    Hey. It's been some time since I've been here. Sorry about that. I just want to post an update or to just comment.
    Before I do, thank you @lauravonawesome for the faire end table on the 19/05/17 don't think I thanked you.
    Thank you @Schwuschbingbang for the alight on the 15/05/17 don't think I thanked you either but thank you for that.

I want to put my list on hold until I feel okay enough to resume being here, also I don't seem to have any ads popping up as of today but the former is the main reason. Haven't touched the game that much or kept up with some daily deals that I really wanted. Things have just been too tough and it's hard to do anything. Thanks for your time.

@Sandpitturtle you are most welcome, and it's good to see you back. :)

I have those days too, and I know how you feel~ i've been a bit burnt out as well, and have only played the game once this week. ads have been broken for a lot of people since the maintenance a couple weeks back, and i wouldn't doubt that's part of it.

in the meantime, i hope you'll come say hi when you feel up to it and that things look up soon.

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    (if i don't mention names in posts here, it's because i'm trying to avoid double-tagging if i've already given thanks on another board, in this case someone on the dd-stalking thread.)
    ;)

@Sandpitturtle - I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Take care and come back, or even just lurk, when you feel better.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Hello all! New top 5 as of 6/2/2017! Once again Sims 3 username is rebekah_lindsey3

1: Timeless Tulips-27 SimPoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72150&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    2: Care-Free Wild Flowers-25 SimPoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72149&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    3: Whimsical Wildflowers-25 SimPoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72147&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    4: One Love Rose in Vase-30 SimPoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72146&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    5: String of Inspiration-50 SimPoints
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72144&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    Trying to build up for the CYS for the Bohemian Garden Set :D

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=rebekah_lindsey3
    edited June 2017
    oh my gosh guys, my ads are finally working! got ~100 sp so far, and only 2 broken ads!

yay! as soon as i've replenished my sp (i have a specific # i like to keep handy, in case free sets aren't free, mmao is nice to me, or something i like comes up on the dd), i will be handing out presents to some wonderful people. :):heart::cookie:

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :)

@lauravonawesome thanks for the Tot-sized 3 piece !!! <3

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D