Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 1 Patch Feedback Thread

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if we could compile all of our thoughts on patches into a single, convenient thread every time they happen? YEAH, I THINK SO, TOO. I'll be a person to do it just because I like being organized.

I know that this patch was actually super small, but I was saddened to see that they got rid of the extended text on relationships for every Sim! I actually liked being able to read all of that little information! It made it more interesting to look at and gave me a reason to look at the relationships more often! I'M GONNA MISS IT.

Here's to hoping that a lot of the other problems that were introduced with the last patch will be fixed. Namely, that strange audio cue thing that's been going on all over the place, even when nothing is happening in the current household.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    Surprised me, I just got home from work and opened my computer.

Sad to say I liked that they changed the view of the Relationships Panel too... I didn't know people complained. Oh well, Such a shame, I guess not everyone likes change, maybe they'll find a different way to change it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    The Relationship Panel didn't even get organised in ascending or descending order based off relationship levels. No Co-Worker tab neither.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    jonesboy22 wrote: »
    The Relationship Panel didn't even get organised in ascending or descending order based off relationship levels. No Co-Worker tab neither.
    Oh wait, really? I thought that there was an option to sort it that way that I was just ignoring... See, why couldn't they fix that instead of getting rid of the flavor text?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'm so mad that they removed the extended relationship panel! WHY? Who asked to remove it?
    I was so happy that we got the extended panel but now it's away.
    How about removing toddlers?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Nervous_SubjectNervous_Subject Posts: 1 New Member
    Never really post anywhere here, but I had to search for this! I am so bummed out too about them taking it out! I, too didn't know people complained. I really liked the descriptions in the relationship panel. :| Oh well.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I may not live in these forums, but I don't recall seeing one complaint about the extended relationships panel. In fact, I noticed the original update to the panel right away - and thought it was a step in the right direction. Sorry to see they reverted that change.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I was also surprised about the reverse. I read complains about the new text size but never about the panel.
  • Options
    From what I'm seeing in-game, the....like, some descriptions are there, but others are missing??? I'm really confused...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't get it either tbh - then why did they implement it at all? Surely, this wasn't an accident? Seemed pretty deliberate to me. And who complained about it? Maybe I just totally missed that thread and every comment possibly hinting at it, but I haven't noticed any feedback on it at all... and I kinda liked it too. So it'd be nice if they could tell us wth's up with that :)

@FreezerBunnyCowplant may I just generally inquire what the point of that last question was? How, if you don't play them anyway, could toddlers possibly bother you? Kinda petty, tbh.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I actually like the little descriptions under each one. idk maybe I'm just a half glass full kind of person when it comes to things... Either way no complaints here
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2017
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    I may not live in these forums, but I don't recall seeing one complaint about the extended relationships panel. In fact, I noticed the original update to the panel right away - and thought it was a step in the right direction. Sorry to see they reverted that change.

I think a lot of us gave up complaining about it not long after it appeared - which was at the same time as married Sims started wanting to get engaged to their spouse. It was obviously a bug. The broken whim side got more complaints. I think they were just waiting for other UI changes to fix the UI side of it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @luthienrising Grief. Here I thought it was a more "recent" introduction (the extended relationship panel). I only started playing TS4 in December. I seem to recall my married sims wanting to get married shortly after I started playing, but I didn't see the extended relationship panel until the Parenthood patch. Oops. Thanks for your reply!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I haven't played in a while I started yesterday after the patch so I don't know about the pannel. However I have a question....my game keeps randomly playing the sound of when a sim gets promoted for no reason....why is this?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I haven't played in a while I started yesterday after the patch so I don't know about the pannel. However I have a question....my game keeps randomly playing the sound of when a sim gets promoted for no reason....why is this?

Already documented glitch that came with the patch before this one (the Parenthood patch). :V
  • Options
    WildSky214WildSky214 Posts: 14 New Member
    Ever since the patch came out, sim relationships don't update unless I have them go to a different lot. Example: My sim completely filled the relationship bar to green, but they were still listed as acquaintances, but as soon as she switched from being home to being at the library, it updated to good friends, but she didn't get the moodlet.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Already documented glitch that came with the patch before this one (the Parenthood patch). :V

Thanks!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I don't know if this is from this last patch or the Parenthood one before it, but my Teen Sims are struggling to keep their social afloat. I've had my Teen that's in the red talk to her brother for the last few in-game hours and she's still hovering right above yellow. Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: I'm also having problems with Sims grabbing food and then standing in front of the fridge in order to eat it. There are tables, you guys. Tables with like.....sixteen empty seats. Please sit at a table!!!
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Yep, they've started that standing-in-front-of-the-fridge-to-eat thing again. Which was "fixed" only one or two patches ago. Well, it was nice while it lasted.
  • Options
    Having problems with my game just kind of...freezing? A lot. Time keeps passing, but my Sims stand there and don't do anything for a long time, sometimes never doing anything even after I reset all of them.