Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Keep Vampires From Entering Home?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Soooo I'm going to cave and buy Vampires pack mainly because I want a new world and items. But I have an important question.

I've been reading about how Vampires barge into your Sims homes all hours of the day/night to feed off them etc and I want to prevent that. I have no interest in playing with or being bothered by Vampires (at the moment).

What do I have to do to keep them away?

Comments

• Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Get some garlic and grow it right outside your front door. Or just have one of your sims stay up all night. Sometimes you'll still get the save lock ("You can't do this because a Vampire is breaking in!"), but they won't bother you.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In my legacy save I ignored them. My sims haven't read the books/tomes, visited the vampire world, researched on the computer, or actively engaged with the main vamps. Vlad's welcome phone call went unanswered when the pack was new. Vlad came to the door a couple of times as did the Vatores (sp?) and a few random walk by vamps and they went ignored and after awhile I haven't had any appear on the porch in a long time, by that I mean for several IRL weeks (knocks wood).

You can also cheat the vampire lore skill to 5, I think it is, grow or harvest some garlic and make wreaths or braids to hang up around your house. Note: this only works on vamps that don't have the garlic immunity power.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think we have a garlic wreath on the door for our sim. Reminds me that I should put something on the back doors though.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Garlic wreath. My Sim autonomously went to the computer to read about vampires, which apparently "opened the door" for Vlad to come by and drink his blood that night. Planting garlic by the door did not seem to help, but the wreath sends him away every time.
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    The garlic plant doesn't start repelling until it matures ;)
    But then you could always just have one of your sims stay up overnight (very easy to do with playable vampires of your own but you don't have to have those)
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    There's also a new mod out that allows you to turn off vampires in your game.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Garlic wreaths, one above each sim's bed seems to do the trick.

However, I was surprised that game-generated vampires visit during the night time too. So deleting the premades made no difference.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Oh, I ResetSim them the first time they turn up on a lot.

Seems to work so far.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    I found that waking Sims up at a certain time of night and then keeping them up for a while (and ignoring the vampires at the door), helps.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Lock the bedroom door to household access only.....even if the vampire has the "eternally welcome" power and can get past a locked front door, they shouldn't be able to get into the bedroom. They may wander the hall, watch TV, etc. for awhile before leaving but at least your sim won't get drained. I've tested this by playing as a vampire too and could get thru locked front doors but there was no ability to get through locked bedroom doors,
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Lock the bedroom door to household access only.....even if the vampire has the "eternally welcome" power and can get past a locked front door, they shouldn't be able to get into the bedroom. They may wander the hall, watch TV, etc. for awhile before leaving but at least your sim won't get drained. I've tested this by playing as a vampire too and could get thru locked front doors but there was no ability to get through locked bedroom doors,

You can unlock bedroom doors with the welcome trait, and most vampires have a teleport power, which makes locked doors meaningless.

Just a warning to OP, the new world is specifically catered to vampires, if you visit there you will see vampires everywhere.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was really, really worried about this myself before purchasing and did a few research play throughs after buying it.

In one save I completely ignored them and so far the only thing that happens is I have someone come to the door now and then. I didn't research them, get garlic or delete them. Zero problems there so far. This is the game I've been currently playing for awhile.

In another save so far still no autonomous break ins. Had a serial romantic get close to Caleb. After that there were more visits from other vampires (just coming to the door) but no break ins. My sim went on a lengthy vacation to Granite Falls and let that relationship deteriorate. No visits at all happened there.. just some invites by phone call. When I sent him home I planted garlic by the front door and there were no visits at all by vampires (played that sim a few more weeks).

I'm pretty sure that by ignoring them and not researching ect them in a save you can avoid them in that one particular save. I'm not sure what happens in a rotational save though if some families have vamp relations and some don't..
    egTcBMc.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There's also a new mod out that allows you to turn off vampires in your game.

Link please :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I was really, really worried about this myself before purchasing and did a few research play throughs after buying it.

In one save I completely ignored them and so far the only thing that happens is I have someone come to the door now and then. I didn't research them, get garlic or delete them. Zero problems there so far. This is the game I've been currently playing for awhile.

In another save so far still no autonomous break ins. Had a serial romantic get close to Caleb. After that there were more visits from other vampires (just coming to the door) but no break ins. My sim went on a lengthy vacation to Granite Falls and let that relationship deteriorate. No visits at all happened there.. just some invites by phone call. When I sent him home I planted garlic by the front door and there were no visits at all by vampires (played that sim a few more weeks).

I'm pretty sure that by ignoring them and not researching ect them in a save you can avoid them in that one particular save. I'm not sure what happens in a rotational save though if some families have vamp relations and some don't..

That's what I've heard about aliens from Get To Work. Personally I've never contacted them, don't have any alien friends, etc and I NEVER see them. I used to get a phone call from one inviting me out every now and then but I put the cell on silent now. So you may be right. If I just don't engage in Vampire activity I should be okay. Plus I think the organ is cool
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I find just simply locking the door for everyone, keeps the vampire at bay. So far this has saved the last 2 sims from being drained in their sleep.
    I think you might see them now and then.. but if you don't want to see the premades you can delete those. They will be replaced so I guess you have to know or figure out who you meet. I'd be wary of the sims knocking on your door at night or those that burn or seem to have powers like fast travel. Heck I'd be wary of a sim you meet at night period.
    Does anyone know if you delete the vamp premades if new ones spawn with low skills?
    egTcBMc.png
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

You can unlock bedroom doors with the welcome trait, and most vampires have a teleport power, which makes locked doors meaningless.

Just a warning to OP, the new world is specifically catered to vampires, if you visit there you will see vampires everywhere.

Yeah, I re-tested this and was able to teleport into a locked room and, while I couldn't use the "vampiric entrance" into the locked room, I was able to use a different action to vampirically allow or deny access to a locked room. However, in my experience, the vampires won't use the teleport or fly as bat power to enter a locked bedroom and they don't appear to use the vampirically allow access to a room for themselves either. I've never seen one enter a locked bedroom to attack one of my sims....they just stand out in the hall or watch TV or take out the garbage but they never try to get into that locked bedroom.

Ummm I just had a break in... after installing the Parenthood Pack. I had the lot unlocked (sometimes I lock it sometimes not). She came in and did the mesmerize thing and although I tried to avoid it for testing purposes my sim was still bit. Anyway I exited without saving cause I don't want that sim to be a vampire. Reloaded it and locked the doors.... I hope that does the trick. Wanted to update this since I thought my sim was in the clear... guess not.
    egTcBMc.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Ummm I just had a break in... after installing the Parenthood Pack. I had the lot unlocked (sometimes I lock it sometimes not). She came in and did the mesmerize thing and although I tried to avoid it for testing purposes my sim was still bit. Anyway I exited without saving cause I don't want that sim to be a vampire. Reloaded it and locked the doors.... I hope that does the trick. Wanted to update this since I thought my sim was in the clear... guess not.

You cannot contract vampirism through feeding. There is a specific interaction that results in turning, and it will never be performed unless the player asks a vampire to do so. As far as locked doors go, we laugh at them. An iron bolt is no match for the power of undeath. Garlic is another matter. Blech.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i just lock the door. i've never had any vampire come into my home, they just stand outside knocking like idiots even when "breaking in". (maybe my game is just bugged)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Garlic wreath. My Sim autonomously went to the computer to read about vampires, which apparently "opened the door" for Vlad to come by and drink his blood that night. Planting garlic by the door did not seem to help, but the wreath sends him away every time.

Where can I find the garlic wreath? I can't find it in my buy mode. I just had a vampire break in trying to drain my sim.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    You have to make it. Requires garlic (10 or 15?) and vampire lore at 5 I believe. Otherwise it's probably in the cheat buy mode.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    choran929 wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »

Where can I find the garlic wreath? I can't find it in my buy mode. I just had a vampire break in trying to drain my sim.

To find it you have to first enter this cheat

testingcheats on

Then this cheat

bb.showhiddenobjects

After you'll be able to find it in buy mode, it's one of things that are hidden in buy mode. To get it with out cheating, your sim will learn how to make one in the Vampire Lore skills.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I'm jealous!! I want vampires to break into my house! Why aren't they? I have vampires come to the door but they never ever just break in and I think that'd be cool.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Chazzzy Sorry, I'm not getting notifications for some reason. Here is the link to the mod. https://www.patreon.com/posts/vampire-toggle-11473700?utm_campaign=postshare&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
    heartstopper-couple.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top