Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    @crstasse congrats on finishing the aspiration requirements! What a wonderful update :smiley: It won't be long now and your River will have challenge 1 completed.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I finished the aspiration part! I also have to say that my sim has been having a bipolar romantic-friendship with Sunshine the Freegan. lol, this man/sim is something else. It has made for some great gameplay. Good job on creating him @Brennachan !
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I finished the aspiration part! I also have to say that my sim has been having a bipolar romantic-friendship with Sunshine the Freegan. lol, this man/sim is something else. It has made for some great gameplay. Good job on creating him @Brennachan !

Congrats! Sounds like you've had some fun gameplay. :smiley:

Pallypoo wrote: »

Congrats on completing the aspiration! I agree with Rawla it definately sounds like you and your sim are having a lots of fun with this challenge :wink:
    My game Dusty has 16 trash plants. It helped to get her to try throwing away used dishes and then cancelling the actions. They turned into trash when she dropped them. Hope that wasn't against the rules.
  • crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    > @Rawla said:
    > My game Dusty has 16 trash plants. It helped to get her to try throwing away used dishes and then cancelling the actions. They turned into trash when she dropped them. Hope that wasn't against the rules.

As far as I know that is fine. It's what I did, mind you it'd take about a day for them to become a smoldering stinky pile of trash before turning into a trash plant.

Congratulations to Pallypoo on completing the aspiration! I've also had some odd romantic relationships and with a Mad Mudder!! Now that's an interesting one :D
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    My sim is in a romantic relationship with Forest Tree the Freegan. I didn't allow it for the longest time but he kept standing by my lot everyday and they both kept getting flirty every time they saw each other. I got tired of cancelling out all the romantic options they kept trying to do with each other, so I decided to go with the flow....LOL! ;)

I have a question I hope someone can help me with....I'm doing the gym side challenge and I've reached the part of the outdoor enthusiast aspiration that says I need to sleep in a tent 5 times. It's not counting the nights I sleep in a tent at the gym. Do I have to sleep in a tent at Granite Falls for it to count?? And, yes, she has slept for more than 6 hours like it says.
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    @ronnigirl67
    That's adoreable that they got romantic with out your help especially on multiple occasions. I would have allowed it eventually as well :)

I'm doing the gym and library challenge together, with more focus on the gym at this point and I had the same problem, but for whatever reason the tent at the library works... remember you have to be bff's with the librarian and pay for a barista though....
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I haven't started the side challenges yet. But that is a curious issue. Has anyone finished that one and give us a tip?

I caught a tent while fishing in granite falls last night and was curious if I could use it there on the camp ground?

My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

edited June 2017
    @ronnigirl67 I have not tried the tent at the gym, but I noticed in my other game saves with this aspiration, you need to be sleeping in the tent before midnight and sleep until 5 or 6 am for it to count.

Hope that helps! :smiley:
    minkydpain wrote: »
    @ronnigirl67
    That's adoreable that they got romantic with out your help especially on multiple occasions. I would have allowed it eventually as well :)

I'm doing the gym and library challenge together, with more focus on the gym at this point and I had the same problem, but for whatever reason the tent at the library works... remember you have to be bff's with the librarian and pay for a barista though....

This was the first time I've ever had a sim choose her own mate, usually I choose and I really have to push them to get anything going LOL :D

I haven't tried the library yet, I was going to come back to that challenge if I had time before part 2 comes out.
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    @ronnigirl67 I have not tried the tent at the gym, but I noticed in my other game saves with this aspiration, you need to be sleeping in the tent before midnight and sleep until 5 or 6 am for it to count.

Nope, that doesn't help LOL....she's been in the red for energy (from all that working out) so she goes to sleep about 10 pm and sleeps all the way to 7 am. I know we couldn't sleep in tents at Granite Falls for part 1 so I didn't know if the same rules apply. But at this point, I think I have no choice but to try it. Thank you though for replying!! :D
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

Nope, that doesn't help LOL....she's been in the red for energy (from all that working out) so she goes to sleep about 10 pm and sleeps all the way to 7 am. I know we couldn't sleep in tents at Granite Falls for part 1 so I didn't know if the same rules apply. But at this point, I think I have no choice but to try it. Thank you though for replying!! :D

I hope you get it sorted. When you do, please share tips. :smile:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Sleeping in a tent for 5 nights does work at the Gym. At least it did for me. Six uninterrupted hours are required. Keeping them asleep the full time was a bit of a trick though.
    Sleeping in a tent for 5 nights does work at the Gym. At least it did for me. Six uninterrupted hours are required. Keeping them asleep the full time was a bit of a trick though.

So it's my game then :( She's exhausted when she goes to sleep so she sleeps soundly all night. First thing I tried was repair game, that didn't work. I only use 4 mods and I updated them all before I even attempted to play post patch. I also tried pulling them out completely, still not working. I delete my cache files everyday before I even play. Ugh!! I'm stumped!! :expressionless:
    UPDATE!! I went to rosemow's bug thread to refresh my memory on how to reset my sims folder and saw her suggest something so very simple....delete an object, then buy it again. THAT WORKED!! My sim has now slept 2/5 nights in a tent at the gym!! WooHooo :D
    UPDATE!! I went to rosemow's bug thread to refresh my memory on how to reset my sims folder and saw her suggest something so very simple....delete an object, then buy it again. THAT WORKED!! My sim has now slept 2/5 nights in a tent at the gym!! WooHooo :D

That's a great tip. I'll try to remember it. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    This looks really neat and I'm hoping I can start it soon. I've been setting up Oasis Springs and the main issue I see so far is that I don't have the Cool Kitchen or Dine Out packs. I don't think it's going to really impact things too much, other than on the Puffer Dome lot. (Hopefully.)

Would it be appropriate to just tweak the Puffer Dome and put in a food stall that serves the Pufferfish Nigiri dish? I know you can't control the food quality or anything with that. Not sure what to do. I suppose I could just leave the Puffer Dome out.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    This looks really neat and I'm hoping I can start it soon. I've been setting up Oasis Springs and the main issue I see so far is that I don't have the Cool Kitchen or Dine Out packs. I don't think it's going to really impact things too much, other than on the Puffer Dome lot. (Hopefully.)

Would it be appropriate to just tweak the Puffer Dome and put in a food stall that serves the Pufferfish Nigiri dish? I know you can't control the food quality or anything with that. Not sure what to do. I suppose I could just leave the Puffer Dome out.

I do not know the answer, but I did want to welcome you to the challenge. You're going to love it. :smiley:

edited June 2017
    Dusty is as murky as ever and is coming back from vacation soon. She's increased her fishing skill but still has a long way to go with dancing/gardening. I'll get there. :smiley: She has 6,867 saved up so far too.

Making friends.
    06-01-17_5-36-53nbspPM_zpsrsnwhvbp.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi everyone! And welcome to everyone who is new to the Challenge! Wow! So many posts that I haven't read. Have to do a catch up. Have a murky night everyone!
    Welcome @CathyTea @crstasse @Wyn
    If I have forgotten anyone, welcome, welcome! :)
    > @Rawla said:
    > Dusty is as murky as ever and is coming back from vacation soon. She's increased her fishing skill but still has a long way to go with dancing/gardening. I'll get there. :smiley: She has 6,867 saved up so far too.
    >
    >
    > Making friends.

She most certainly does look VERY murky :D Reminds me of those early days! I find increasing the gardening skill to take the longest!! I've not yet reached level 9 (nearly there) and it's taken forever! Hope you had good luck with getting the parsley :)

Thanks for the welcome SoulGal7!!

Welcome to Murkland Ayradyss! You'll have lots of fun with this challenge. I don't think not having those packs should impact on the game that much. I don't have the party pack and it only seemed to eliminate a couple of items from the fire festival and Puffer Dome, but nothing that appeared to really impact on the overall game.
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    So I've figured out the the visitor problem I'm having with the gym a little more... When I first go to the gym everything is normal, plenty of people around, after a few days of no new people and the people that came the first day or so eventually leave, after getting really Murky! after about 3 or 4 days it's just Minky and which ever gym trainer is at work.... it changes... the only way I've found to "correct" this problem is to leave and go to another lot, but then that messes up my plants a little and I have to fertilize again and such... Its way annoying and makes it way less profitable to busk at the gym unless I leave first...
    @crstasse - lol Yes, she is VERY murky alright. I wanted to entertain her with books. Then after I got a bookcase, I went ahead and bought some skill books. I hope that's allowed. Haven't read any yet though, she's been too busy fire dancing. lol

@Minkydpain - Maybe they leave because they don't like the murky smell. lol Just joking. It sounds like a pain but at least you figured it out I think. Wish there was an easier way for you. Hang in there.
    > @minkydpain said:
    > So I've figured out the the visitor problem I'm having with the gym a little more... When I first go to the gym everything is normal, plenty of people around, after a few days of no new people and the people that came the first day or so eventually leave, after getting really Murky! after about 3 or 4 days it's just Minky and which ever gym trainer is at work.... it changes... the only way I've found to "correct" this problem is to leave and go to another lot, but then that messes up my plants a little and I have to fertilize again and such... Its way annoying and makes it way less profitable to busk at the gym unless I leave first...

I think it's a glitch in the game. I have the same problem!! I've not been able to busk at the gym and I noticed that when I've been there for a while no one else is around! If you find a way around it let me know, because I think it'll be too hard to do the side challenge with that issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top