Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So am I missing something here.

2...Next

Comments

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. After playing this game for 7 hours... I feel like I've seen it all. This pack didn't offer that much. Even with the picky eater, and clingy phase I experienced... It didn't really dramatically alter the gameplay that much for me. I'm getting a refund.

@SageRainWillow Don't attack him. He can state his opinion, whether it coincides with the general consensus or not.

Who are you going to get a refund from?

I'm not "attacking" him. He's free to state his opinion. However, listening to him whine on every thread ad nauseam has gotten old and tiresome. We get it. He doesn't like it. I simply told him to be constructive and tell the guru's what he does want. Everyone here knows that I have not always been happy with Sims 4. It's taken me a long time to even bridge over from Sims 3. However the difference is, I have been in the Ideas forum, helping with the Eco pack, and posting my feedback for the gurus. I have been very vocal about exactly what I want. Complaining without anything constructive to back it up is about as effective as shouting into the wind.

pretty sure we all help with the eco pack if we voted. i helped with the eco pack too.
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Wait, how far are you in the parenting skill? Because stuff like grounding, more house rules, punishments, etc. comes at a higher level (for example, I think punishment comes in at level 5/6). If your sim doesn't have a high enough parenting skill, they're not going to be able to do as much.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. After playing this game for 7 hours... I feel like I've seen it all. This pack didn't offer that much. Even with the picky eater, and clingy phase I experienced... It didn't really dramatically alter the gameplay that much for me. I'm getting a refund.

@SageRainWillow Don't attack him. He can state his opinion, whether it coincides with the general consensus or not.

I'm not "attacking" him. He's free to state his opinion. However, listening to him whine on every thread ad nauseam has gotten old and tiresome. We get it. He doesn't like it. I simply told him to be constructive and tell the guru's what he does want. Everyone here knows that I have not always been happy with Sims 4. It's taken me a long time to even bridge over from Sims 3. However the difference is, I have been in the Ideas forum, helping with the Eco pack, and posting my feedback for the gurus. I have been very vocal about exactly what I want. Complaining without anything constructive to back it up is about as effective as shouting into the wind.

pretty sure we all help with the eco pack if we voted. i helped with the eco pack too.

I haven't just clicked a few buttons. I spent hours scouring for pictures of furniture, hairs, clothing, posting ideas for gameplay objects, etc.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

I haven't just clicked a few buttons. I spent hours scouring for pictures of furniture, hairs, clothing, posting ideas for gameplay objects, etc.

that sounds above and beyond. i feel like unless you work for ea our best options are to just do the survay as i feel like it helps them more then just looking for all the pictures and gameplay ideas you find and post.
    Kandy wrote: »
    Wait, how far are you in the parenting skill? Because stuff like grounding, more house rules, punishments, etc. comes at a higher level (for example, I think punishment comes in at level 5/6). If your sim doesn't have a high enough parenting skill, they're not going to be able to do as much.

yup i know.

that sounds above and beyond. i feel like unless you work for ea our best options are to just do the survay as i feel like it helps them more then just looking for all the pictures and gameplay ideas you find and post.

Yep, it is above and beyond. And guess what? My ideas were incorporated into the items we just voted on. I saw immediately some of the male clothing styles were just like the pics of Johnny Depp and Russell Brands's clothing styles I posted like their white, partially open shirts. I could pick out furniture items that were inspired by what I shared on the forums, especially one of the coffee table designs. So, that's what matters, isn't it? Those of us that have went above and beyond (and there were a few of us), helped steer what the rest of you voted on. I can say without a doubt, I will love everything Eco Living comes with.

• Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2017
    You have another thread of this..sigh

Yep, it is above and beyond. And guess what? My ideas were incorporated into the items we just voted on. I saw immediately some of the male clothing styles were just like the pics of Johnny Depp and Russell Brands's clothing styles I posted like their white, partially open shirts. I could pick out furniture items that were inspired by what I shared on the forums, especially one of the coffee table designs. So, that's what matters, isn't it? Those of us that have went above and beyond (and there were a few of us), helped steer what the rest of you voted on. I can say without a doubt, I will love everything Eco Living comes with.

wont lie i am actually surprised.
    edited May 2017

Here's a post I wrote a few months ago, I deleted some of the other ideas to cut down the length. This was posted in the Ideas Forum:
    I completely agree that there isn't enough to do at home. I don't travel as much now that we don't have an open world. I don't socialize with most townies, either. You say "Hi" to them ONE time, and they never stop calling you.

Home Activities:

[*]Jewelry making - put those metals and gems to actual use
    [*]Fish we actually can feed, clean, breed, and sell in small aquariums at the flea market.
    [*]A smaller telescope that can be used indoors, and pointed at a window. If you live in an apartment, you could spy on neighbors.
    [*]Dumpster diving - I did far more of this in TS3 than I am proud of.
    [*]Coloring books for all ages - It really is a thing, and childish adults would love it even more
    [*]Diaries - Especially for teens. It could incite some drama if others read it

Volunteering:
    There's too many ways to make money in the game. If you want more of a challenge, you could forgo a traditional job, make money selling craftables, and devote more time to volunteering. I'd like to see a computer option to sign up for volunteer activities. This wouldn't be at a specific set time/day, either. You'd go online, see what kind of activities you can do right then. Once selected, that sim would travel to the rabbit hole location. Volunteering would give powerful moodlets, and not all of them good. Maybe the crazy cat lady threw her soup at you. Or you volunteered at a hospital and the toddler you were entertaining peed on you. If you volunteer enough, you might get awards or recognition for your efforts through the mail.
    [/list]

Your feedback does matter here. The gurus are listening.

some of your ideas sound great and i agree with you! :) i really do hope they put in more of your ideas.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

I am a family-style player and I have been one since the beginning of Sims I like to play with realism generations and legacies so for me to get a pack like this is a really big boost in playing S4...

this game is not for someone to raise a child or two go through all the phases and gameplay.for THAT household then the teen become an adult .
    if you stop there then maybe you have seen what it is to see but if you have generations and legacies of different children different toddlers and different teens each one going through a different phase...

though it a different way changing up how u parent each child and so on and so there's no way that you have seen it all because so many different directions is so many different things to do for each Child individually now if you have played a few generations like the legacy style play within the few hours of playing today then maybe I am wrong

which I Highly doubt that you have done that in the short period of time but trust me when I say those family style players generational players legacy players this parenthood game pack is a lifeline for us and we will use it and drained it for every drop of gameplay we can get out of it .
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member

Im not the one who accused you of attacking the OP.
    However its worthy to note that the OP is a troll by his/her own admittance. He/She said in another post that they created, that they like complaining to get attention. So now it makes sense to me why so many complaining threads are made by him/her. He/She is Trolling Teh Forums.

Here's a post I wrote a few months ago, I deleted some of the other ideas to cut down the length. This was posted in the Ideas Forum:
    I completely agree that there isn't enough to do at home. I don't travel as much now that we don't have an open world. I don't socialize with most townies, either. You say "Hi" to them ONE time, and they never stop calling you.

Home Activities:

[*]Jewelry making - put those metals and gems to actual use
    [*]Fish we actually can feed, clean, breed, and sell in small aquariums at the flea market.
    [*]A smaller telescope that can be used indoors, and pointed at a window. If you live in an apartment, you could spy on neighbors.
    [*]Dumpster diving - I did far more of this in TS3 than I am proud of.
    [*]Coloring books for all ages - It really is a thing, and childish adults would love it even more
    [*]Diaries - Especially for teens. It could incite some drama if others read it

Volunteering:
    There's too many ways to make money in the game. If you want more of a challenge, you could forgo a traditional job, make money selling craftables, and devote more time to volunteering. I'd like to see a computer option to sign up for volunteer activities. This wouldn't be at a specific set time/day, either. You'd go online, see what kind of activities you can do right then. Once selected, that sim would travel to the rabbit hole location. Volunteering would give powerful moodlets, and not all of them good. Maybe the crazy cat lady threw her soup at you. Or you volunteered at a hospital and the toddler you were entertaining peed on you. If you volunteer enough, you might get awards or recognition for your efforts through the mail.
    [/list]

Your feedback does matter here. The gurus are listening.

I personally have a ton of ideas for a dating pack:

1)have the chemistry from the sims 2 come back
    2)more kiss options like sims 2 and 3 had
    3)more flirting options
    4)slow dancing
    5)dates that function much like they did in the sims 2(even add chance cards while on dates kind of like what parenting did)
    6)turn off and turns(which will have a ton of details)
    7)favorites like favorite food and or color even a favorite channel/movie maybe even a favorite video game even a favorite type of clothing oh and music too
    8)dislikes like non favorite food and color and even a non favorite channel or movie. even a favorite type of clothing also music as well(both number 7 and 8 could also cause negative moods and positive moods as well)
    9)the matchmaker from the sims 2 could come back and sell love potions and hook you up with other sims.
    10)actual real social networking sites that mater like dating apps or sites or even just social networking sites outside of the social networking career
    11)bring back the heart shaped bed as well lol. and even the heartshapped hottub.
    12)maybe bring back the photo booth
    13)also maybe allow kids to have cushes as well also let them have favorites even tolders could have favorites

The way turn off and turn ons could work is you could chose 2 or 3 turn ons and 1 or 2 turn offs and they could range from anything even the type of clothing the sims wear. like even the type of job they have or what skills they have or if they are fat or skinny or fit or even if they have colonge or not. or if they are vamps or aliens or even their age group. like i feel like this can be extremely detailed where even the traits could be turn off and turns actually you would need to chose turn off trait and turn on trait leaving you with 2 other turn ons and 1 other turn off maybe. like just have who a sim is actually mater to another sim. even have them be attracted to rich sims I feel like there is so much they could do with just the turn offs and turn ons alone.

Like this is just offhand my ideas for sims dating pack that I think would be great.
    brsy wrote: »

I am a family-style player and I have been one since the beginning of Sims I like to play with realism generations and legacies so for me to get a pack like this is a really big boost in playing S4...

this game is not for someone to raise a child or two go through all the phases and gameplay.for THAT household then the teen become an adult .
    if you stop there then maybe you have seen what it is to see but if you have generations and legacies of different children different toddlers and different teens each one going through a different phase...

though it a different way changing up how u parent each child and so on and so there's no way that you have seen it all because so many different directions is so many different things to do for each Child individually now if you have played a few generations like the legacy style play within the few hours of playing today then maybe I am wrong

which I Highly doubt that you have done that in the short period of time but trust me when I say those family style players generational players legacy players this parenthood game pack is a lifeline for us and we will use it and drained it for every drop of gameplay we can get out of it .

yeah truth is i have never actually manged to get a generation finshed in the sims 4. so i can see where you are coming from.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I'm playing with twin toddlers. If you played with a family with all ages present, then of course you have seen everything there is to offer. Those of us who started a family at the very beginning have to wait until their birthdays to experience the next life stage. I'm not trying to run through every feature immediately. Some people run, others walk. That's why some feel that there is more to offer.

@SageRainWillow, you make a valid point. I have all three ages in my household. A toddler, two children, and a teen. I think Im going to move the children and teen in with their grandparents and concentrate on experiencing all the different stages with one child. Thanks!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Kandy wrote: »

yup i know.

@brendhan21, how far have your sim parents gotten in the parenting skill?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

This is true, the Gurus absolutely read the forums for ideas.

Ages ago, I'm talking over a year ago now (maybe a year and a half), I suggested that apartments could work as "mini neighborhoods", where each apartment is its own lot stacked vertically, in a building shell.

And then that's what we got.

So, uh, my bad.
    wJbomAo.png