Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decisions, Decisions...

Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
Tomorrow when I get home I will be purchasing Parenthood and ONE other pack. As of this moment, I'm not sure which pack it should be.
My choices are:
1. Dine Out: seems to have a lot of content I will use in CAS and Build/Buy, along with gameplay I will enjoy.
2. Vampires: I have never experienced supernaturals in-game (never purchased Sims 3 Supernatural) so I'm not sure if that's really what I'm looking for, but it has amazing CAS and Build/Buy and the gameplay seems really well done.
3. Get Together: almost purely for CAS at this point because I am absolutely in love with all of the assets. I would also use clubs and the dance skill seems really awesome.

Thoughts? What should I buy? Which did you like best and why?

(IF it matters, I already have: Get to Work, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Kids Room Stuff.)

Comments

• FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    My vote is for get together. The clubs really facilitate so much gameplay, and as new packs come out they add the activities to the club system so it's like you get so much more value out of other packs when you have it.
    Dine Out is a lot of fun but its super buggy, it would add nice gameplay in conjunction with the parenthood pack, though.
    Vampires, I wouldn't get unless you 100% know you want to play with vampires. It's an amazing pack but it could be a hit or miss depending on how badly you want or don't want vampires.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Of those three, I would get Get Together. It pairs so nicely with ALL the other packs with the clubs system. I always have a homework club for kids and teens so they get their homework done faster, and there are many other club applications.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would also buy Get Together because of exactly the same reasons as Falynios stated. The new world, Windenburg is also really cool and the biggest one in whole TS4 EPs (yet).

I also enjoyed Vampires because I loved Vampires and always wanted them, but if you never had experience with them idk if you would enjoy them more than Get Together.
    a256aFi.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I def would go for GT, that is the only pack I let my Sims reside. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'd also say GT. Not that the others are bad, just that GT would take priority over the others for me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Get Together is surely the only choice there?

Clubs, clubs, clubs.
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    Alright, you guys have spoken. Seems like GT is the clear winner. Thanks for your help!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited May 2017
    Get Together.

You can set up family clubs. You can have any other households you have in rotation, or other townie families hangout at certain locations, like a park or other community lots where both families can interact. You can designate several so it's a surprise who you find there.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @Twoeta_Bird Get Together for the club system. Also, is Cool Kids Stuff worth it?
    I vote Get Together.
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I'm also getting Parenthood and Get Together. GT allows so much opportunity customization, and I feel like combined with Parenthood, you'll get the most use out of it
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Get Together, it will work wonderfully with Parenthood due to he club system and more :smile:
    Deffo get Get Together.
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    Get Togethet! Windenburg is a wonderful new town and the club system is great. There's also a lot of great CAS and build and buy. I waited awhile to get it and when I finally did, I wasn't sure how I played so long without it!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Dine Out all the way. Restaurants are such a fantastic feature that I never get bored of. You can have a posh restaurant, a cosy brunch place or a brokedown diner. Each dining experience feels different. :)

Get Together was a VERY disappointing EP for me. The world is lovely, but it's European-inspired and I only play in US-settings. There isn't really any cohesion for Sims being in Willow Creek and then popping over there. It has some nice CAS and Build/Buy items with some great gameplay objects - DJ booths, walk-in closets, bard games, darts, etc. But the main feature, the clubs, are nothing ground-breaking. I only use them to make a generic "Form group with..." to make my Sims do things together (like watch TV, grab a meal, etc.) with Sims I'm not controlling, and I believe that option came in a pack.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Since you decided Get Together I will give you a future suggestion and say next time get Dine Out. I love vampires myself but if you aren't too into the Supernatural aspects then it might not be your thing. But Dine Out is great and I use it quite often.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    Honestly, I get so much out of Dine Out than Get Together but it seems I am in the minority on that one.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @calaprfy By "Cool Kids Stuff" I would assume you mean Kids Room Stuff? I absolutely love the pack. The decorations and clothes it comes with are a must for me at this point. I rarely find myself using the Voidcritter gameplay but then again I wasn't that interested in those to begin with. I love the bed it comes with and all of the swatches, along with all of the wall decor. Definitely worth the $10.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I couldn't imagine my game without GT or Dine Out.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    GT and Vampires are both great, imo. If you want something that will complement Parenthood, I'd say GT, for the Clubs system. If you want something that will stand-alone as its own gameplay, I'd say get Vampires. You could get Vampires and raise a Vampire family, though because powers don't manifest until... I want to say... Teen? You probably won't experience much overlap in the features of Vampires and Parenthood.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • KayleeKobraKidKayleeKobraKid Posts: 61 Member
    I love get together myself. The clubs are amazing to create on your own and the town (world) is definitely a favorite aesthetic of mine. Plus you get a neat dj and dance skill. It definitely will mesh well with your other packs and parenthood. :smile: happy simming!
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I think dine out and get together would add more to your overall game as you buy Parenthood. Like those two may work well with Parenthood and family stuff. GT is an expansion pack and thus gives more, so I recommend get that.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If you're more of a family player I would recommend Dine Out, some people say it's buggy but I never really experienced any bugs with it. If you would like to explore with a more wide variety of gameplay then Get Together for sure, it's a great way to manipulate large groups of sims, I can see how it could also fit well with family players, you could create a good kids group or a rebellious teen group. Lots of fun opportunities.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Probably already bought them at this point buy it, i would rank them in priority as Get Together > Dine Out > Vampires.

HOWEVER. if you really dig the gothic aesthetic, of switch vampires into second place. A great pack and I like it more than dine out but its a very specific kind of appeal.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'd also recommend get together, I never use the clubs, but the build/buy is amazing as is cas. And it adds a whole world. I use the walk in closets in every single house now. I love the dance skill and always put a rooftop club in the city. You can also create a family style pub with dart boards and the laaama game and stuff.