Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken tractor roads

How do you put down tractor roads without them breaking up?

Comments

• Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Take as tongue in cheek, but a tractor needing roads? -Call it a glitch, as in You can't see every stone a 'tractor-road' have. Some times a tractor moves in 'mysterious ways'. A tractor is more 'agile' than where 'roads' are put. -If You can't cross corners, aye, your question is valid...
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    siminsc wrote: »
    How do you put down tractor roads without them breaking up?

What do you mean? Can you post a pic of what you are trying to do? I've only put down the tractor paths in a simple circular path, i.e. only using curved pieces and strait pieces. Nothing more complicated than that. I just place them so they form a continuous path. The highlights, especially of the curved pieces, will overlap a half tile or so.

If by "breaking up" you mean them flickering in map view, then I don't know if there's a way to stop that.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Would painting under the tracks stop the flickering?
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    It was a lot I downloaded from The Exchange called Fertile Feilds. I can't match up the broken parts on it.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    The flickering is annoying. I'm not sure there is anything that can stop it.

@siminsc are you saying that you downloaded the lot and the tracks didn't work from the start? If so it's a shame the builder didn't check that.

What do you mean when you say that you can't match up the broken parts of it? You do have to play around with it so all the pieces work without overlapping. All I've done is to make an oval as well. You also need to make sure that all the track pieces arrows are pointing in the same direction. Without a better understanding of your problem I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I found 3 "Fertile Fields" lots on google. None of them appear to have the Grandpa's Grove tracks on them. So I'm lost. I still don't know what you mean by "broken parts." Hopefully someone else can help.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm not sure of what you mean but. The tractor track requires a flat surface. When I'm laying a tractor track on ground level of a lot I put it in first. Before building any part of the build. Or I leave a huge space for it on the lot.

I use the terrain tool to flatten the lot. Then I apply free wood floor tiles to the whole lot in one single action. The game is very picky about what it considers flat. Clicking more than once when applying the wood floor tiles could result in the tiles being at slightly different levels which make it not exactly flat. If this happens the track won't work.

Once you have a flat lot covered with flat wood floor tiles you can build your track. Test it with the tractor to make sure it's flat. Then if it is flat you can delete the wood floor tiles if you don't want them in your build.

If you have a lot with a build already on it you can try to fix it and you might succeed but often it just won't all go perfectly flat.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I found 3 "Fertile Fields" lots on google. None of them appear to have the Grandpa's Grove tracks on them. So I'm lost. I still don't know what you mean by "broken parts." Hopefully someone else can help.

The lot is Fertile Feilds. The misspelling is the creators.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I'm not sure of what you mean but. The tractor track requires a flat surface. When I'm laying a tractor track on ground level of a lot I put it in first. Before building any part of the build. Or I leave a huge space for it on the lot.

I use the terrain tool to flatten the lot. Then I apply free wood floor tiles to the whole lot in one single action. The game is very picky about what it considers flat. Clicking more than once when applying the wood floor tiles could result in the tiles being at slightly different levels which make it not exactly flat. If this happens the track won't work.

Once you have a flat lot covered with flat wood floor tiles you can build your track. Test it with the tractor to make sure it's flat. Then if it is flat you can delete the wood floor tiles if you don't want them in your build.

If you have a lot with a build already on it you can try to fix it and you might succeed but often it just won't all go perfectly flat.

Thank you for all this info. I might get brave enough to try making my own lot from scratch.

Right now I.m playing a different lot I downloaded with the Dicksons doing the farming. The original Grandpa's Grove makes my game crash whenever I go upstairs.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited May 2017
    @TreyNutz @siminsc I also googled it, and it's the McDermott's farm in Riverview - which is a free world. So if you have issues with the lot, just download the whole world. And then add Grandpa's grove tracks yourself...
    Fertile Fields – 3br, 1.5ba
    Address: 180 Bounty Drive
    Lot size: 60x60
    Occupied by: McDermott
    Lot description: The family farm is alive and well on this exceptional property. Featuring many acres of tilled fields, a barn and paddocks, and a large pond, this home will inspire the farmer in all of us!
    Riverview+-+Fertile+Fields.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I've been playing Riverview so it was easy finding the lot. I took down the barn and most of the fencing. I have the track layed but it don't match up even at the end when I put in the section for the tractor. It says not valid but thank you for the heads up about this lot. I'll keep messing with it until I get it to work.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »

Thank you for sharing how you do it. It worked! I layed a track and built a house special for the family I'm playing.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    That's excellent news. Thanks for letting me know you managed to have success.