March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    Oh, I have a few questions! I have a feeling I'm already cheating, and I sure hope not! :open_mouth:

1) Can we buy parsley seeds by clicking on the planter?

2) Can we breed frogs?

3) Can we go to Granite Falls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, if we want, for a shower?

4) And I can buy Steel Bladder and Incredibly Friendly and Green Thumb as I get the aspiration points, right? And can I buy the hygiene one, too?

I will try and answer this for you. :# I think,

1) We can only grow Trash fruit in this part of the challenge. In the gym bonus challenge we can grow other things.

2) I don't remember it saying we couldn't anywhere. I have a couple of times so I hope that is ok too.

3) We can shower there so I guess that would be ok. I always shower there when I am there on those days.

4) Only the carefree trait is off limits...and potions.

I hope that helps.

@Pallypoo answered these right @CathyTea. Thank you Pally! Good questions Cathy!

Oh no! (on the growing things!) But it's not too late--I haven't harvested yet, so I'll just pull all the plants.

So... where do we get parsley? I don't think it grows in Oasis Springs...

(And I'm not asking anyone to tell me! I know that figuring this out is part of the challenge!)

I believe you can buy the seeds (parsley). You just can't plant them. If you need some, buy several seed packs and hope they come with. That would be my suggestion. Welcome! :smiley:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    Oh, I have a few questions! I have a feeling I'm already cheating, and I sure hope not! :open_mouth:

2) Can we breed frogs?

3) Can we go to Granite Falls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, if we want, for a shower?

4) And I can buy Steel Bladder and Incredibly Friendly and Green Thumb as I get the aspiration points, right? And can I buy the hygiene one, too?

1) We can only grow Trash fruit in this part of the challenge. In the gym bonus challenge we can grow other things.

2) I don't remember it saying we couldn't anywhere. I have a couple of times so I hope that is ok too.

3) We can shower there so I guess that would be ok. I always shower there when I am there on those days.

I hope that helps.

@Pallypoo answered these right @CathyTea. Thank you Pally! Good questions Cathy!

Oh no! (on the growing things!) But it's not too late--I haven't harvested yet, so I'll just pull all the plants.

(And I'm not asking anyone to tell me! I know that figuring this out is part of the challenge!)

I believe you can buy the seeds (parsley). You just can't plant them. If you need some, buy several seed packs and hope they come with. That would be my suggestion. Welcome! :smiley:

Ooooh.... so we can buy them, just not plant them! Thank you! If that is allowed, then that saves a huge stinky problem! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Hey guys! Just started this challenge a few days ago, but I'm almost done with the aspiration already (just need to max charisma). I keep seeing people mentioning a challenge 2, is there a link to that somewhere? All I see in the main post are the side challenges (which seem really fun so I'm totally doing those).
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    parsley can be found in Granite Falls and is taken care of by the Hermit (hint hint)
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi everyone, wow so many posts! I was too tired to even climb the stairs to my computer room last night and missing just 1 day and everyone has updates!

Welcome to all new comers and congrats on those who completed the challenge 1!

:smiley: Now I need to start on the side challenges .... should I do the library first or the Gym?? or can you do them both at the same time?
    minkydpain wrote: »
    parsley can be found in Granite Falls and is taken care of by the Hermit (hint hint)

Oh, thanks, @minkydpain ! I looked it up online, and it indicated that sometimes parsley grew in the Hermit's garden, and sometimes not... but I think my Sim is still in GF, so I'll have her look up the hermit and check out the garden! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @CathyTea -- yes parsley is a hard one. There are places to find it near and far...If you need help, just PM me!
  • crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome!! And the quick replies to some of my questions! Mad Mud's house is a private dwelling so maybe that accounts for the restriction into his house? Great to know I just need to change the lot type for the fire festival, I'll do that. I also take people with me when visiting the hot springs :) Great place to build up those friendships and the charisma. I still don't know why Vlad hasn't paid me a visit yet?? Not that I'm complaining!! Just that it's odd when in my other saved games he was always at the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 door!

Are we allowed to buy parsley at the GF little store? The parsley can't be harvested for at least a good day or so at the Hermit's house and even then I found it would only give me two sprigs. I know you can also catch parsley when fishing at GF.

It's funny but I've never been so happy to catch parsley when fishing before :smiley:
    anyone else noticing a large decrease in the number of people visiting their gym? mine used to be crowded with people now it's usually just me and the gym trainer
    still plenty of people walking by, but I don't notice anyone that comes to use the gym anymore...
    hum well I decided because i'd already tried repair game and stuff i would see if it was just because I'd been away from my lot for so long, so I took Minky Rivers home, only for a moment and she never actually went on her lot, never left the sidewalk. I had her go straight back to the gym lot and it seems to be corrected now, there are already two people here other than Minky and the gym trainer....
  • Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    Woahhh. This is amazing dude, good work.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    FINISHED ... Lisabee evolved her 16th trash plant to Perfect in full witness of THE goat!

The Post-apocalyptic Murkland Starter challenge is complete!

*Friend of the World Aspiration complete
    *16 Perfect Trash plants all started from trash piles!
    *29,267 simoleans
    *Dancing maxed
    *Charisma maxed
    *cooking maxed
    *gardening maxed

HAPPY DANCE!!

iSd7e3b.png

@lisabee2 -- Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I know it was a lot of hard work! I saw over on FB that you already have your badge! Awesome! Woot! Woot!

I snagged yours in dl <3 LOL I wanted my badge bad!

TY for your lovely support of my scribbles too @Brennachan .. it means a lot to me (and I know the other storytellers agree) !

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @CathyTea the only legit place to get parsley is at the hermit's hut and in his garden (I say legit cause I bought some at the ranger station and it was a no no)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Rawla wrote: »

2) Can we breed frogs?

I hope that helps.

I had to do that too .. it killed me :( wasted all those deo ingredients)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    minkydpain wrote: »

Oh, thanks, @minkydpain ! I looked it up online, and it indicated that sometimes parsley grew in the Hermit's garden, and sometimes not... but I think my Sim is still in GF, so I'll have her look up the hermit and check out the garden! :)

He has 2 gardens .. one near the exit of the bramble and one by his house
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I discovered a new place to get a little parsley last night! Hint: You have to get your charisma to 8 and gardening to 7 before you can visit there. ;)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

> @Pallypoo said:
    > I discovered a new place to get a little parsley last night! Hint: You have to get your charisma to 8 and gardening to 7 before you can visit there. ;)

I've just made that discovery for myself tonight too!! Looks like you and I are at about the same way through this challenge :)
    > @lisabee2 said:
    > @CathyTea the only legit place to get parsley is at the hermit's hut and in his garden (I say legit cause I bought some at the ranger station and it was a no no)

Glad to find this out, because I did that too! I'll make sure I dispose of it!
    > @CathyTea said:
    > @crstasse If you have questions about setting up a blog, and you're using WordPress , I'd be happy to share what I know or point you to resources . I don't know the other blog sites , but I might know friendly and helpful people who do!

Thank you for the kind offer!! I did start up a blog using WordPress about two years ago with the intention of writing a Legacy story, which never happened! I'm now trying to familiarize myself with it again. You'll probably her from me about this soon :)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    @CathyTea the only legit place to get parsley is at the hermit's hut and in his garden (I say legit cause I bought some at the ranger station and it was a no no)

I found one! Thanks for the suggestion ! Now to wait for it to be ready for harvest !
    I discovered a new place to get a little parsley last night! Hint: You have to get your charisma to 8 and gardening to 7 before you can visit there. ;)

I was thinking about this , too! My Sim is weeks away from those skill levels !

Thanks for all the tips !

I just have to give so much credit to you, Brennachan, on your incredibly amazing lot designs!! They are so creative and so much fun to play in!!! It must have taken you hours to build those lots and create the people to live in them! I am in awe of your talent!! I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing a challenge before!! I am especially in awe of the Cliff Dwellers lot, that place is amazing!!! I was very excited to finally reach gardening level 7 tonight so I could visit it! As you all know the gardening skill takes forever to skill up! But the wait was worth it :)
    > @CathyTea said:
    > lisabee2 wrote: »
    >
    > @CathyTea the only legit place to get parsley is at the hermit's hut and in his garden (I say legit cause I bought some at the ranger station and it was a no no)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I found one! Thanks for the suggestion ! Now to wait for it to be ready for harvest !
    > Pallypoo wrote: »
    >
    > I discovered a new place to get a little parsley last night! Hint: You have to get your charisma to 8 and gardening to 7 before you can visit there. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I was thinking about this , too! My Sim is weeks away from those skill levels !
    >
    > Thanks for all the tips !

You'll love the lot when you get there!! My first visit tonight as I finally reached level 7 gardening!
    I thought I'd give a quick update on where I'm at in the challenge. River (though it's not her real name and no one has prior memory of their former lives, a side effect they were told from the blast), has finally reached level 10 charisma, completing the Friend of the World Aspiration and gardening level 7 enabling her to visit the two lots she's been dreaming about since arriving in Murkland. And was she ever happy!!! It's only taken her 30 game days to get there. Her 16 trash plants are coming along nicely but still taking their merry time. She has 5 excellent plants, 9 great and 2 at the good stage. She can finally make the deodorizing ointment at a normal quality, for a while there is was poor and she has spent a lot of days stinking up the town :) When not setting her arm on fire from lighting the fire pit, she happily tends to her trash plants, dreaming of a day when she'll have her own little house with a front porch, rocking chair and a good set of boots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top