Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch help please!

Hi, im really confused about the latest patch weather to download or not, is it for the sims 3 or WA or both? can someone explain? also does anyone know if these error codes that everyones talking about will be fixed in another patch?

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited November 2009
    The patch is for both, but will differ in number depending on whether you have the base game or the World Adventures expansion pack. For the base game, patch x.6.6 will be 1.6.6, and for the expansion it will be 2.6.6, and any possible future expansion pack it would be 3.6.6 (assuming we're still on x.6.6 by then), and so on.

I've had no issues noticed so far besides some extra slight choppyness during animations (like pop-up dialogues for saving, etc.) and some longer loading, but not by a large amount. Alot of others seem to be having alot of problems though.

Edit: Only issue I'm having is with the forum not converting line breaks, and instead shows "<br />" where each line break in my post should be, but it fixes itself when I edit it afterwards. Odd. I wonder if the server has some high load causing this. I don't see anyone else's posts doing this though.
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the patch for the main game and overall
    its fine except for more choppiness
    and a glitch where many of my children in families I am not
    playing but are in my family tree have all died off and although
    they are not yet teens the show on the family tree as elderly when they died.

Thats a pain as I worked hard on my legacy family and the siblings.

The choppiness is to.

However on the good side. I find the stereo plays and maybe its just my
    imagination but everything seems sharper
    Im not buying the add on for a while until I see how much fall out there is
    from it glitch wise.
  • Sam_A_1992Sam_A_1992 Posts: 474 New Member
    edited November 2009
    45rpm wrote:
    I have the patch for the main game and overall
    its fine except for more choppiness
    and a glitch where many of my children in families I am not
    playing but are in my family tree have all died off and although
    they are not yet teens the show on the family tree as elderly when they died.

Thats a pain as I worked hard on my legacy family and the siblings.

The choppiness is to.

However on the good side. I find the stereo plays and maybe its just my
    imagination but everything seems sharper
    Im not buying the add on for a while until I see how much fall out there is
    from it glitch wise.
    so is the save errors just from WA?
  • schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited November 2009
    No- I haven't got WA but I can't save properly.
    Haven't had any other problems yet though *crosses fingers*.
    Oh- and I have the <br/> issue too- i spect it'll come up in this post :S
  • katyasmnvkatyasmnv Posts: 103 Member
    edited November 2009
    schmezzle wrote:
    No- I haven't got WA but I can't save properly.
    Haven't had any other problems yet though *crosses fingers*.
    Oh- and I have the <br/> issue too- i spect it'll come up in this post :S

chick this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/126143.page. it explains the problem.

I reinstalled the whole game cuz I was reinstalling Win XP and my game saves just fine now.

Regarding patches... When I reinstalled my base game I installed 1.6 version - game worked just fine. Then I installed WA, but... didn't install 2.6 patch - game works.

Note: this is second installation. during the first one I istalled all patches and my game just wouldn't start. I don't know if that was the problem or my video card driver( was one of the new ones). during second game installation I also reinstalled my video driver to the one suggested http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=23473

hope that helps
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't have WA yet but did install the patch. I read we should "save as" one time and change the name of that game so I did that right away and have had no problems so far. Everything seems brighter. The fridge literally glows when I put leftovers in it. I did notice the leftovers went bad very soon. I only played for a little over an hour. I went to three other homes via "change household" and had no problems there either. I saved several times with the regular save button and it all worked well.
    I don't have any mods or hacks. There was some cc in my installed contents folder that I had acquired when downloading someone else's sim, and I moved that out before installing the update.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
    edited November 2009
    so, has the new 1.7 patch fixed the problems? or are they making another one?
    edited November 2009
    Sam_A_1992 wrote:
    so, has the new 1.7 patch fixed the problems? or are they making another one?
    also will 1.7 include the 1.6 patch as well as i have the 1.4 one.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2009
    A NEW PATCH IS UP that fixes the SAVE ERROR 16 - get it and you don't have to do save as.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited November 2009
    Also if you replace the fridge, leftovers will spoil at the normal rate again.
    edited November 2009
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    A NEW PATCH IS UP that fixes the SAVE ERROR 16 - get it and you don't have to do save as.
    i haven't got the 1.6 patch yet though, so should i get the new 1.7 patch? how many problems does it fix? what problems are there from 1.6?

sorry for so many questions but i don't know what to do.
  • Hunter04Hunter04 Posts: 305
    edited November 2009
    Just download 1.7 if it dont work, revert back to 1.4.7
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hunter04 wrote:

I just downloaded the latest patch. 2.2.8 when that was done, suddenly a pop-up to patch the base game to 1.1.7 appeared. Hopefully, that save error will be fixed, although I should'nt whine I suppose as last night was the first and only time I received any error codes.

edited to fix the crazy codes that appeared in my post :shock:
  • Hunter04Hunter04 Posts: 305
    edited November 2009
    i tried to update to 1.7 locked up completely, i anit goin no where
    edited November 2009
    Hunter04 wrote:
    im not going to risk messing up my whole game if it doesn't fix the problems though.
    edited November 2009
    can someone please tell me weather patch 1.7 includes 1.6 aswell?
  • SimGuruCollinSimGuruCollin Posts: 173
    edited November 2009
    All updates include all fixs and features from all previous patches.

Per the Patch Notes:
    http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-33003824

1.7 has the fix for the Error 16 issue, as well as all 1.5/1.6 changes.
    edited November 2009
    All updates include all fixs and features from all previous patches.

Per the Patch Notes:
    http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-33003824

1.7 has the fix for the Error 16 issue, as well as all 1.5/1.6 changes.
    thank you for your response, can you also tell me if there will be another patch released to fix further problems with the 1.6 and 1.7 patch? because lets face it we NEED another patch.
    edited November 2009
    where is my topic gone? its disapeared off the forums even though im posting?
    never mind back now.
  • shawniam2000shawniam2000 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't know what to do. I was having so many problems updating to the new patch it wasn't taking. So I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now I'm back at the beginning. I still can't update to the patches it's not saving them!!!! Very frustratiing I must say. I don't know what to do now, any help would be appreciated.
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited November 2009
    Hi there.

What issues are you seeing with patching? Have any error messages been generated?

-Big Guy-
  • orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Can someone help me please. I installed WA 2 days ago and yesterday, it asked me to update to patch 2.2.8. I keep trying but it keeps telling me that I have an invalid file. I took out awesomemod and my costume content but it's still giving me the problem. =(
  • SimGuruCollinSimGuruCollin Posts: 173
    edited November 2009
    Please make sure to remove all CC/Mods/etc. before attempting to patch, the most sure way of making sure absolutely everything that could block a patch is gone is to remove and reinstall on a clean build, with a clean my documents folder.
  • SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi i need help, i updated my sims 3 game with the new 1.7 patch & the game crashes at loading screen,now i got rid of all my mods & all cache's & uninstalled & reinstalled it, still didn't work, so i installed the EP WA & that crashes at the loading screen aswel, i really don't know what to do i've tried everything. Please could someone help with this.
    Thanks
    edited November 2009
    SweetK411 wrote:
    Hi i need help, i updated my sims 3 game with the new 1.7 patch & the game crashes at loading screen,now i got rid of all my mods & all cache's & uninstalled & reinstalled it, still didn't work, so i installed the EP WA & that crashes at the loading screen aswel, i really don't know what to do i've tried everything. Please could someone help with this.
    Thanks
    try uninstalling everything and then just install the sims 3 base game, but then DONT install the patch, instead (there is another thread explaining how to do this at the minute) just install patch 1.4 and see what happens then hopefully it should work.