Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Basics - Winner Announced!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
5KqU9V0.png
Welcome!

Normally in modeling we start with in-game photos to form our basics (such as camera, set building, and lighting work), then make our way to editing, but we skip right over in-game these days and tend to not look back. To help people realize the potential of in-game photos, here is a competition with no major editing for you to enjoy! This competition is not meant to be difficult and is meant for everyone of all levels to enjoy thoroughly since major editing is not needed, only your ability to take good in-game photos and your creativity is required. Think of yourselves as full-time photographers now, not editors or models. ;)

Due to limitations of the game, and CC, I will not be giving you hard assignments that would normally require a lot of editing. Instead, we will take a more laidback approach and focus on candid photography (definition here), with a few modeling shots here and there. There is a chance that you will have to build majority of your sets, or do some shopping (if you use CC), but I think everyone should be able to handle the assignments just fine with the current options in-game. Also, the assignments should be base game friendly for all of the games, so do not worry if you don’t have many packs (in other words, I’m not expecting or forcing city based assignments, vampires, etc.). The only item I recommend is the Teleport Sim mod so you can get your sim into the right spots, but even if you don’t use it or want it, you should be fine. (You can use cheats to teleport your sim as well.) If you would like easy access to in-game animations, you can use the animation list included under the download of Andrew's Pose Player.

This competition is a cumulative comp, with 7 rounds total. Eliminations for final 3 take place after round 6.

Even though we are doing in-game only photos, I will allow you to do a bit of editing. This will include beauty modifications and corrections (such as skin smoothing or rough edges), filters (curves, gradients, flares, etc.), and final adjustments (such as borders, cropping, and sharpening). Any other editing, including drawing, will not be allowed. I list everything that is allowed down in the rules section under a spoiler, so please make sure to review it!

Since there is no major editing, and the game can be limiting in some ways (such as locations), I encourage you to be extra creative for your assignments, including using angles and lighting to their fullest!

Have fun!

0qrOnw7.png
  • If you are just now joining us in the modeling competitions, please read my modeling guide located here. And here are Editing and Modeling Tutorials for those that need it.
  • There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so. Short captions may be required at least once, but unlikely to happen (depends on assignments chosen).
  • Our focus is primarily candid photography assignments, not modeling/fashion assignments, though there will be a few of those. Click here for information on candid photography. Certain assignments are open for either a candid approach, or a modeling approach, and I will state each round what your options are.
  • S2/S3/S4 models are allowed.
  • You may use a different model for each round. Your application sim you submit is just for the model wall. Ages Teen/YA/Adult/Elder are allowed, any gender, and any size too. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims. Sims can be from previous competitions and must be of your own creation.
  • Remember that we do not alter the genetics in modeling (body shape/features, muscle, fat, etc. or skin color). Besides hair color/style and eyebrows, everything needs to be changed back to normal after the assignment (this includes contacts, tattoos, giving tans, etc.).
  • CC is allowed and highly recommended, but not required.
  • In-game only shots will be submitted. No CAS shots or Google backgrounds made into CC.
  • No editing or drawing allowed, except for what is listed below the spoiler. You do not have to edit unless you choose to do so, or unless an assignment requires something (such as filters, or combining):
    Beauty Modifications and Corrections = Skin smoothing, burning/dodging, rough edges (smudge tool is allowed), liquify/iWarp
    Filters = Flares, curves/levels, brightness/contrast, gradients, blurs/sharpens, photo filter
    Final Adjustments = Cropping, sharpening/blurring, borders, combining (if two or more images next to each other are required)
  • Any editing that isn't on the exception list will result in a deduction from the Composition score. Edit: I've removed the zero penalty for cutting since it seemed a bit excessive and just made it 2.5 for everything. Cutting out sims or objects results in an automatic zero since it defeats the purpose of this comp, and other editing (like drawing) will result in 2.5 points being deducted (that way it is half of the score). Even after having 2.5 removed from that section, the judges will still score your composition, so it is possible to receive a Composition score lower than 2.5.
  • Follow Community Rules: No cheating, no copying, no face/body plastering (includes simmerizing). (No photoskinning in this comp.)
  • Follow Forum Rules: No nudity, no inappropriate content, no excessive blood. If you must do excessive blood or nudity for your assignment, post it on the Simmetry thread instead, or send it to me via pm.
  • Assignments will be 5-7 days long, depending on the assignment and general speed of contestants. New rounds will be posted as soon as scoring starts, or once majority turn in. If you are confident that you won’t be eliminated, feel free to get a head start.
  • Redos/resubmissions are allowed, but inform me when you do so and keep the idea mostly the same.
  • Extensions need to be asked for at least 5+ hours in advance. Extensions last for 2 days unless you absolutely need more time, but please state so beforehand so we can work out the time.
  • Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges send scores back to me, but please just ask for an extension instead of being late. If you have not submitted by the time scoring is finished, you receive a zero for that round, unless there is a valid reason such as an emergency or loss of internet, etc. Instead you will gain a low total, that way you have a chance to at least catch up if you work hard.
  • Please avoid dropping or disappearing.
  • Be respectful! No fighting, insulting, or belittling yourselves.
  • Everything is due by 11:59 pm Arizona time (MST is closest time). I will include a timer, but here is a nifty timezone converter as well: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
  • If you have questions or concerns, say something! Don’t hesitate and cost yourself points or stress because you weren’t sure of something.
  • Have fun! ;)

Hxlk0hp.png
ROslQS0.png
Not Checked In

Checked In
@Rawla
@alexis3142 (Alexis)
@Kelebek
@MissBirdie (Birdie)
@Movotti
@Penguinwa101 (Penguin)
@abelhinha35 (Issabella)
Assignment Submitted
@Socallucyfan (Socal)
@Jendowoz0612 (Jen)
@wbombje

bNQolkS.png
RPuH4OI.pngxUqZaNF.pngmSmKS9V.png
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2017
    snRSqPy.png

Assignment 6 - Ready, Set, Action!
    Welcome to the finale! This round is fairly straight forward. All you will be doing is capturing your subject in action/motion. This means they need to be doing something that requires them to be moving a lot, and it needs to be good. In other words, they need to be doing something interesting that requires a lot of motion, and the best way to do this is through sports/fitness related poses/animations. Walking doesn’t count, nor does singing, instruments, writing, etc. The easiest way to not confuse yourselves on what is/isn’t allowed is to just focus on sports/fitness related stuff. However, if you can find an animation in-game, or pose, that displays a lot of motion that isn’t sports related, feel free to use it (but be cautious, this is the finale!).

Some ideas are: dancing, skating, basketball, running, climbing, fighting, etc. The game does have some of these available (especially if you buy the packs), and there are poses you can look for too. Since you can’t draw in this comp or add in cut flowing fabric, it is important to find a good animation/pose that displays motion well. Since iWarp and Liquify are allowed, feel free to use those tools to make clothes look like they are blowing, but be careful! If you mess up the editing it could actually lower your score (in other words, remember less is more).

This is a candid photography assignment. No modeling!

Tips:
    ~ This is the finale, choose the best of everything when preparing your photo to make your photo as unique and eye-catching as possible! This includes the angles, lighting, etc.
    ~ Remember, motion is good. The more dynamic the movement, the better. Focus on poses/animations that actually look like movement.

Requirements
    • One image
    • No font
    • Full bodyshot
    • Extras allowed
    • Any location that fits your movement
    • Any styling that fits your movement
    • Make the image eye-catching
    • Candid photography
    • Don't forget to read the scoring sections slightly below this, they will help you!
    Due date: 7/27 - Timer
    Example:
    Za1flF8.jpg

xtxifwy.png
    Just like my comp Muse, feedback is optional on your end. So if you don’t want feedback for whatever reason, say so, and the judges will skip your comments every round. Otherwise everyone will receive feedback from us. Feedback includes the usual pros/cons and recommended improvements.

Judges are also allowed to skip feedback for a round if they are too busy, need a break, or don't feel comfortable doing so, though the finale will always have feedback from all judges (if possible).

This section is for both judges and models to be used as a reference. If you are, for some reason, unfamiliar with the terms please refer to my tutorial on Modeling Terms and Understanding Requirements - Part 1 | Part 2.

Scoring Rubric
    Creativity - /10
    Set/Background - /10
    Composition - /5
    Requirements - /5
    Total - /30

Copy and Paste for Judges
    [i][b]Creativity[/b][/i] - /10
    [i][b]Set/Background[/b][/i] - /10
    [i][b]Composition[/b][/i] - /5
    [i][b]Requirements[/b][/i] - /5
    [i][b]Total[/b][/i] - /30

Scoring Breakdown
    Creativity - Did you go above and beyond? Was your idea out of the box? Are you truly using your resources to the best of your ability? Is your image or idea similar to another submitted image? For modeling based shots or specific requirements: is your outfit high fashion enough? Is your styling good? How is your posing? Etc.
    Set/Background – How is your set in-game? Is it interesting? Is it properly balanced, not too little and not too much? Does the set/location complement the theme/requirements of the assignment? Was your set building and placement good? Is there anything that detracts from the model? (Slightly related to composition section.)
    Composition – How your whole image is put together, and is the replacement for quality. Even though we do not have a quality section, please make sure to keep your images as clear/clean as possible, when possible. The minimal editing, if any is done, should be clean as well, meaning avoid over-sharpening, over-blurring, over-smudging, pixilation, etc. In other words, quality can still be detracted from this section, but the likely hood is low, and only worth 1 point if the problem comes up. Glitches (hair going into chest, hands going into body, wonky clothes, etc.) will be ignored. Avoid plumbobs, thought bubbles, in-game effects (such as a shimmering on the sim, the “smelly” cloud if low hygiene, etc.), the hovering notification (the white outline), and remove the in-game blur in the distance (purposeful filter blurs are alright). Other elements for this section include balance (color, light, details, etc.), lighting, the filters used, angles/directions, etc. (Feel free to research this scoring section to make sure you do it right!)
    Note: Edit: I've removed the zero penalty for cutting since it seemed a bit excessive and just made it 2.5 for everything.
    Any editing that isn't on the exception list will result in a deduction from here. Cutting out sims or objects results in an automatic zero since it defeats the purpose of this comp, and other editing (like drawing) will result in 2.5 points being deducted (that way it is half of the score). Even after having 2.5 removed from this section, the judges will still score your composition, so it is possible to receive a Composition score lower than 2.5.
    Requirements - Read the requirements carefully and follow them. This one is always easy points, but the area people miss the most. :( If a requirement is halfway met, but not fully, half points (or less, or none) can be given depending on how well the judge thinks the submitter did.

e9k01CM.png
    Jen
    E1X1gw9.png

Socal
    35841414010_2fb259440e_o.jpg

Wbombje
    00BDKhs.png
    edited August 2017
    br0huZf.png
    Jen
    Mizzie
    Creativity - 9/10
    Set/Background - 8.5/10
    Composition - 4/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 26.5/30
    This is a really cool shot, fantastic choice in angles and overall composition! I would have liked to see a location other than the sky though, but I understand the limitations of the shot's angle, and it does make it seem more amazing this way. I did have to detract from composition due to the use of in-game effects (the detraction was mostly for the skill popup down by her feet though). I do have to say the ball effect made it look cool, but for this cycle photos were meant to be clean of them (I'm fixing the details of that rule to be more specific next cycle). Overall I think you did a brilliant job, and definitely a fave from you!

Kitty
    Creativity - 8/10
    Set/Background - 9/10
    Composition - 3/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 25/30
    This is a really cool shot! I love how you caught her in action getting the ball in the hoop. I just wish you had thought of another sport to do as basketball was one of the example pictures. You have in game effects in the shot too so I had to take points off for that, remember the read the scoring before doing your entry! You did really awesome though.

Tonya
    Creativity - 9/10
    Set/Background - 10/10
    Composition - 4/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 28/30
    This is Very Creative... Love The Creativity here in this shot! And the way you Captured her in Mid Air With the Angle IS SPOT ON!!! Love How you styled her .. It's a Fantastic Shot JEN! LOVE Her EXPRESSION!! Only Thing is the In Game Effect I had to Deduct for... Otherwise AMAZE BALLS!! Woot!!

Socal
    Mizzie
    Creativity - 9.5/10
    Set/Background - 10/10
    Composition - 4/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 28.5/30
    What a great choice in poses, they definitely look like they were caught in motion in this shot. Also, what an awesome background! I haven't visited that location yet, but now I want to load up the game to visit. My only complaints are the composition, the image is a bit dark and the shot feels off since it's catching one statue but cutting off another. The best way to fix that is moving them over to the left more, but regardless you did a fantastic job!

Kitty
    Creativity - 10/10
    Set/Background - 10/10
    Composition - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 30/30
    Top marks from me! I absolutely love this shot, it is action packed! Plus the background makes it look even more awesome. You did a really great job, I don't have anything to pick at here.

Tonya
    Creativity - 10/10
    Set/Background - 10/10
    Composition - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 30/30
    LIKE WOWWWW! How did you DO THIS.......AMAZE BALLS!!! LOVE it all the Styling The Execution The Action HE IS KICKING BUTT! The Background is STUNNING!!!! I Cannot Find Anything I could Criticise YOU ON........... to me this is PERFECT....... Angle -- Well Everything! PERFECTION SOCAL! ! ! ! :D

Wbombje
    Mizzie
    Creativity - 8.5/10
    Set/Background - 9/10
    Composition - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 27.5/30
    I'm glad you could get something in despite all that was happening, and I really hope you're doing okay too! Your composition is pretty much perfect, not too bright or dark and the image is cropped/captured in a way that balances the photo. I do wish she was in a more exciting location or even doing a more motion based animation/pose, but you did a great job overall!

Kitty
    Creativity - 8/10
    Set/Background - 9/10
    Composition - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 27/30
    I love this!! Iove the concentration on her face. This is a really cool shot of her in action. I just think that maybe she could have been doing something that requires more body movement but I like what you did anyway, good job.

Tonya
    Creativity - 9/10
    Set/Background - 10/10
    Composition - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 29/30
    OK So Let Me Tell YOU What I LOVE About this SO MUCH -- The Clarity / Very Colourful Her Styling and THAT LOOK! I Love How you Composed it too.... Love The Angle ..... This SHOT IS SPOT ON Wbombje!!! I Love how the Boxing Beam is CAUGHT With this Shot it makes the WHOLE Shot just POP Adding in the Gorgeous Background :D ..........FANTASTIC! LOVE IT!
    edited August 2017
    BJqLBsX.png
    1st Place
    Total: 88.5
    Socal
    35841414010_2fb259440e_o.jpg

2nd Place
    Total: 83.5
    Wbombje
    00BDKhs.png

3rd Place
    Total: 79.5
    Jen
    E1X1gw9.png

Signatures
    wc2m3fC.png

fnrXJm9.png

5tdUfuP.png

edited July 2017
    5W0V1mV.png
    Assignment 1
    Assignment 1 – Be Unique
    For this first assignment I want you to capture your sim being weird, unique, etc. It can be silly, it can be nerdy, just give us something that’s out of the ordinary and makes your model stand out amongst the rest. So, this can be them geeking out at a convention, making a mess in the kitchen, showing a unique quirk to their character, your elder doing something only young people usually do, etc. This will be a candid shot, not a model shot. Apps are due the same day as A1.

Requirements
    • One image
    • No font
    • All extra types allowed
    • Any shot type
    • Any styling
    • Be unique, weird, silly, etc.
    • Candid photography
    • Don't forget to read the scoring sections slightly below this, they will help you!
    Due date: 6/11 - Timer
    Example:
    k0OLLXm.png

Jen
    "Er...I really don't think I should drink that."
    NcaY5Pa.png

Rawla
    A very pregnant Ingrid is having way too much fun scaring people at the Hijinks Festival.
    mlC4kjb.png

Movotti
    The train of thought of Trash: Why did we have to bring her? Is she ever going to shut up? Is this pizza organic? Is it gluten free? Does vegan pepperoni exist? These bricks look dirty, is that hygienic in a food outlet?
    tumblr_ora4bk3oWd1v2n804o1_1280.png

Issabella
    Marshall just couldn't hold it in after eating franks and beans :D:) At least he did it in tune. lol
    y3nE4I2.png

Socal
    How many times have you been playing air guitar in your bedroom when someone accidentally walked in on you?
    35123759735_4c934d2b8a_o.jpg

Wbombje
    Bella sneaks away from camp at night to chase frogs and insects. In the moonlight she sees some glowing orbs, and she approaches them. What are these, floating specs of luminescent dust? Do they have eyes, or is her mind playing tricks on her?
    34439682843_5b56190e19_o.png

Penguin
    The Penguin Girls LOVE to have dance-offs in the back park across from the Penguin Entertainment Studios lot
    l91VUhr.png

Birdie
    Luna has a short attention span and can't help but daydream when listening to her date Damian talk, pretending to look interested in what he has to stay doesn't come easy to her!
    35034286442_987ee8877f_o.png

Kelebek
    Shake what ya mama gave ya!
    aGSxO1o.png

Alexis
    Go caught dreaming big!
    vzScnf6.png

Assignment 2
    Assignment 2 – One Shot, Two Shot
    Welcome to the second round! For this assignment, I want you to take two different photos of your sim! You are going to style the sim in two different, but related, looks, and pose one sitting, kneeling, or squatting. The other photo requires your sim to be in a standing or leaning pose. Your location is up to you, but remember that the Set/Background is worth 10 points, so make it interesting.

Then, I want you to place the images side by side! ;)

However, there are two ways to do this. 1) You can do it the traditional way by taking two different shots of your sim, and then going into our editing program and placing them side by side. Or 2) you can make a twin of your sim, pose them in the same area, then take a photo and add in a border down the middle, or something else, to make the photos look different. The second option might be more difficult though, because there will be a height difference between your kneeling and standing sim. If you do the second method, I recommend placing the standing sim further into the back, that way there is a bit of depth and it allows you to capture both sims easily, but remember to keep them as close as possible so we can still see them clearly. Also, I recommend, if possible, placing them in an area where the location changes so it looks like a different shot (like the edge of the building vs a street), that way it looks more natural and like two different shots (which is the goal). If you do the first method and combine the images in your editing program, make sure you trim any excess edges so the image shape is uniform.

This round is a modeling one, so remember your basics! (Eye contact or proper facing, model posing, be fashionable, etc.) Your styling is up to you, but the goal is to present two different looks while remaining in a theme. The examples below demonstrate this.

If you are unsure of how to combine images, here is a tutorial: Placing Images Side by Side (Both)

Tips:
    ~ Modeling time! Remember that they need to be fashionable and posed as if in a fashion magazine.
    ~ Avoid plain colored backgrounds. Even though the examples have white backgrounds, choose a good location instead.
    ~ The easiest way to have similar but different looks is to choose a style/theme, then find clothes of this style in similar colors, like the examples.
    ~ Before anyone asks, I did hint at this possible assignment! Photo combining is allowed and is listed in the Info section.

Requirements
    • Two photos combined to make one image
    • No font
    • Full body shot for both photos
    • No extras
    • Any location (no plain colored backgrounds)
    • The same sim styled in two different, but related, looks
    • One version is kneeling, squatting, or sitting
    • Other version is standing or leaning
    • Modeling photography
    Due date: 6/18 - Timer
    Example:
    XPwcgsh.jpg

Jen
    0vW1yfi.jpg

Rawla
    No submission

Movotti
    tumblr_orsrkrphEh1v2n804o1_1280.jpg

Issabella
    KSUDczU.png

Socal
    35417194785_0ebcd3346a_z.jpg

Wbombje
    RurFW43.png

Penguin
    QEXAq7w.jpg

Birdie
    34559622074_4a4808e5a2_o.png

Kelebek
    ezC6cZA.png

Alexis
    No submission

Assignment 3
    Assignment 3 – One with Nature
    This round should hopefully be a little easier and less confusing. xD Find, or build, a beautiful nature area in your game and place your sim inside it. And by that, I mean the nature should surround your sim and isolate them from society. While they don’t need to be covered or framed by nature like the modeling example pic, I do want them to be surrounded by nature like the candid example.

Make the shot as beautiful as you can! I recommend messing with the lighting filters, and/or in-game lighting, to help enhance the photo.

This will be either modeling, or candid, the choice is up to you. I’m sure most images will be obvious, but just in case, please label the photography type you went with. So, list the photography type (modeling or candid), and post your image under it.

If you choose modeling, remember your basics! (Eye contact or proper facing, model posing, be fashionable/high fashion, etc.)

If you choose candid, remember that the sim shouldn’t be focusing on/acknowledging the camera.

Tips:
    ~ Make it beautiful! That is the main goal of this assignment. Pretty colors from the plants, and the right lighting from the game, can achieve this. Remember that the subject/model is still the focus though.

Requirements
    • One image
    • No font
    • Any shot type
    • No human extras (animals allowed)
    • Beautiful, isolated nature location
    • Any styling, but if you choose modeling make them fashionable/high fashion
    • Candid or modeling photography (list when submitting)
    Due date: 6/27 - Timer
    Example:
    yqF4u5v.png

Jen
    Modeling
    37Dx6H2.jpg

Rawla
    Candid
    06-27-17_9-42-45_AM.png

Movotti
    Modeling
    tumblr_os6ram0TZF1v2n804o1_1280.png

Issabella
    Candid
    pJLuJvB.png

Socal
    Candid
    35392233312_ab23d1f28a_o.jpg

Wbombje
    Modeling
    auGB8XV.png

Penguin
    Candid
    AIU2nGI.png

Birdie
    Modeling
    35546995486_4a8586c24c_o.png

Kelebek
    Modeling
    kVjUlng.jpg

Alexis
    No submission

Assignment 4
    Assignment 4 – Party All Night
    I wanted to name this round Dancing Machine in honor of S4, but I was afraid it would cause confusion since the focus isn’t on dancing. :lol: Maybe next cycle. :tongue:

For this round, I want you to showcase your sim partying with a group of friends. Make sure your sim is having fun. I don’t want to see your sim just standing there, bored, or not interacting with others. Make them dance, make them play club/bar games, make them drink, make them laugh and goof off, etc. Just in general have fun!

This will be candid photography only.

Tips:
    ~ Make them have fun! If they are standing there bored with a drink, you’re not going to meet the “Fun” requirement. ;) Laughing and drinking (multitasking) is good though!
    ~ Candid photography. Ignore modeling this round!
    ~ A group of friends/acquaintances must be present. I suggest going in game, forming a group, and have them go out to a club, or another location, for the night.

I changed the way I list requirements so they are shorter. If anything is confusing, please ask questions.

Requirements
    • One image
    • No font
    • Shot Type: Any
    • Extras: Human only
    • Styling: Any (recommend party wear though)
    • Photography: Candid only
    • Sim needs to be having fun at the party
    • Group of friends/acquaintances
    Due date: 7/5 - Timer
    Example:
    T9V8Fp8.jpg

Jen
    grGMnlW.jpg

Rawla
    07-06-17_6-55-18_AM.png

Movotti
    tumblr_osn6wbx5P51v2n804o1_1280.jpg

Issabella
    fmwjjna.png

Socal
    34896966884_7a64f5c8f6_o.jpg

Wbombje
    CFS3bZr.png

Penguin
    bvrS7lc.png

Birdie
    No submission

Kelebek
    No submission

Alexis
    No Submission

Assignment 5
    Assignment 5 - Top of the World
    As I mentioned in the announcement, we are moving ahead of schedule. So, it is time for the semi-finale! Make sure to do your best, as some of you are close in scores (and two of you are tied and near the top!)!

This round is a modeling one, and I want you to pose your model on a podium/stage/stand/soapbox, whatever you want to call it. Basically, an elevated floor like the example image. I don’t want you to use a huge stage/floor, it needs to be small (max of 3x3), so please do not build or use a massive stage. It can be round, shaped like a heart, or a simple square. Whatever you want, but the shape isn’t the focus.

You can do this assignment in several ways. Either you can build a stage/elevated floor, or download one (and you don’t need CC, I’ve downloaded a stage from the gallery). Then you can teleport, or walk, your sim onto this elevated floor. Delete anything unnecessary, including any extra tiles. Pose, then take some shots. If you don't use poses, moods like Confident will activate animations that can act like modeling poses when caught at the right moment.

Backgrounds and general theme is up to you. I want you to be creative though, especially since this is the semi-finale!

Tips/Reminders:
    ~ Modeling time! Remember that they need to be fashionable and posed as if in a fashion magazine.
    ~ The sims game uses squares/tiles when building/deleting, so 1 square/tile is what you are going by when figuring out sizes. So, the size 3x3 is 3 tiles in all directions: 3 vertical, 3 diagonal, and 3 horizontal.
    ~ Don’t use a huge stage/floor! If you download a premade elevated floor/stage, you’re going to need to walk your sim onto it, then delete all but the required limit (which is 3x3 or smaller).
    ~ Some poses may not fit on a 1x1, etc., so you’re going to have to do some test runs on the poses you are using.

Requirements
    • One image
    • No font
    • Modeling photography
    • No human extras
    • Any location/set
    • Full body shot, include the stage
    • 3x3 or smaller for stage size
    • Styling/theme up to you, but be fashionable
    Due date: 7/13 - Timer
    Example:
    pwfU9QT.png

Jen
    Ig64cFk.jpg

Rawla
    07-07-17_2-49-14_PM.png

Movotti
    tumblr_oswhnmf1gg1v2n804o1_1280.jpg

Issabella
    O9R20za.jpg

Socal
    35005149534_467d6bbee7_o.jpg

Wbombje
    TBDe5u2.png

Penguin
    732deBe.png

Birdie
    No submission

Kelebek
    No submission

Alexis
    No Submission
    And we're open! I'm loving the banners, they came out great and look similar to the S4 logo! =D
    Signups/A1 due date will go for two weeks for now, we'll see how we do later this week before making a decision on changing it.
    I need to know what you guys want for this comp, whether it be cumulative or eliminations, so please make sure to vote here: https://goo.gl/F5hdI2

And yes, if you've read the rules already, I am allowing Teen through Elder ages for this comp. Since the focus for this cycle is primarily candid photography rather than modeling, why not?

@Penguinwa101 @YJB19299 @BobSkellington @Kelebek @xJojox @Meeshelby @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @abillings1978 @Gege @NShippudenFan @Jendowoz0612 @Gemmabubbles @lovejess2 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @AshLenn @MissBirdie @kittymeow @alexis3142 @wrswrs2 @dafadolly @wbombje @psykt @MizoreYukii @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @JennaCatz @wbombje @Klept0maniac94 @jpikman @kilra0 @Lovegab101 @Movotti @kyky @prettyprettyplumbob @lisabee2 @lasummerb @fabtiffsim @wiredhanna67 @ArtsyAmy
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited May 2017
    @MizoreYukii

Count me in Mizzie! I have voted and checked out all the links.

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited May 2017
    This sounds like alot of fun @MizoreYukii :) Just a suggestion, why don't we use a new sim for every challenge. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oh....
    ....OH!

I'm gonna be needing a new thing to do with Trash in the near future!
    And this looks like it will be well suited to Trashy-boy!

Though...
    This sounds like alot of fun @MizoreYukii :) Just a suggestion, why don't we use a new sim for every challenge. :)
    This could also work.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    I like that idea also, using different sims, or giving that choice to use the one you applied with or others for different challenges, but your the boss, @MizoreYukii Happy to go with whatever you decide.

• MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Sign me up! This looks like fuuun :D
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Sign me up girl! Reserve me a slot pretty please!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    @Jendowoz0612 @MissBirdie @Penguinwa101 Reserved! Looking forward to your images!

@Movotti Should I reserve you then? =D

@abelhinha35 That's actually a great idea! It's perfect for this cycle since it's mostly candid. I've adjusted the application and rules to reflect this.
    Are you wanting to join as well?

Made some adjustments to the rules and application.
    You may use a different model for each round. Your application sim you submit is just for the model wall. Ages Teen/YA/Adult/Elder are allowed, any gender, and any size too. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims. Sims can be from previous competitions and must be of your own creation.
    Model Application (This sim is just for the model wall. You are free to use a different sim each round.)
    Username/Preferred Name: [What you want to be called.]
    Body Shot: [Regular body shot, standing, facing camera. Poses can be happy or model based. Ladies wear a blue dress; guys wear a blue shirt (I’m thinking sky blue, baby blue, etc.). Choose either white or black as your accenting/additional colors for shoes, pants, accessories, etc. Gold/silver for accessories is okay. No purses and no props (so no food, no umbrellas, etc.). Makeup can be anything. Hair can be anything. Please submit on a transparent background. Transparency only saves with PNG, so no JPG or JPEG!]*
    (*This will be the only editing you are required to do for the rest of the comp, unless otherwise stated. :3)
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I have voted. I'm still debating whether to enter or not. I used to do modeling competitions and hosted a couple in Sims 3. Its been a few years since then. I'm loving the candidate, no/minimum editing idea you have.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @MizoreYukii
    Yes ma'am, I'd like a reservation!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @MizoreYukii This is very interesting, and since school is almost over for me sign me up! :)
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This sounds awesome!! I am so freaking tempted, but I just flat do not have the time at the moment!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Please sign me up @MizoreYukii :)
    edited May 2017
    Rawla wrote: »
    I have voted. I'm still debating whether to enter or not. I used to do modeling competitions and hosted a couple in Sims 3. Its been a few years since then. I'm loving the candidate, no/minimum editing idea you have.

Hi Rawla,

It's lovely to meet you. If you are wanting to get back into a bit of modelling slowly this would be the perfect starting point since little editing is needed and @MizoreYukii is the perfect host for this. People here are really supportive and never be afraid to ask questions.

edited May 2017
    Username/Preferred Name: Jen
    Application model's name: Baylee Richardson

Body Shot:
    7Yknfu2.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

@MizoreYukii

I hope this isn't too early, Mizzie, just that I'm working for the next couple of days and wanted to get it done.

Rawla wrote: »

Hi Rawla,

It's lovely to meet you. If you are wanting to get back into a bit of modelling slowly this would be the perfect starting point since little editing is needed and @MizoreYukii is the perfect host for this. People here are really supportive and never be afraid to ask questions.

Its very nice to meet you too. Thank you.

• SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

This is right up my alley. Sign me up!!