Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mod for sims to sit down?

AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
I am looking for a mod(s) that does 2 things:
make non-active sims go to a lot I choose (commercial lot, and to have the possibilty to summon group of sims).
after having them go to the lot, make them just sit for a long time and do nothing.

I need this function for many ideas that I have, but it feels like they can never sit more than a few seconds, it's like they have ADHD...

To be clear - I'm not looking for specific solution for one situation (like wedding - where there is the wedding arch), I'm looking for something more general that could fit different situations, different types of lots/events/age groups.

Thanks! :smile:

Comments

• slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I know that Master Controller by NRaas has the capability of summoning a ton of sims to one lot at once, but not sure about the other option.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I don't think there's a way to control non-actives sims so closely. Wouldn't it be easier to make them active? With MC's "add sim" you can make your household as large as you want I believe.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Controlling inactives so they stop doing whatever they feel like? Blasphemy! That would be witchcraft. We don't talk about such things here. >:)

(coughs)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Animator

As for pulling the sims onto a lot in the first place, maybe this will help? Note that the lot must be owned by your active household and at least one of them must be on-site for it to work. It's also very forceful, if you adjust its settings too high (easy to do), it will pull the entire town into the lot onto which it's placed and they will bottleneck at the front door trying to get in.
    http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1078
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    I fear OP wants a turnbased world....
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @igazor Slightly different subject, but is there a mod (or can I with MC...) that orders inactive sims to change outfits? Like, I love my sim's colleagues at the fire station (well, I created them), but not the fact some of them show up at work in their bathing suits. Would be lovely to be able to tell them to change into their uniform.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @igazor Slightly different subject, but is there a mod (or can I with MC...) that orders inactive sims to change outfits? Like, I love my sim's colleagues at the fire station (well, I created them), but not the fact some of them show up at work in their bathing suits. Would be lovely to be able to tell them to change into their uniform.

It's just the same as with your own sim: click on sim --> nraas --> MC --> base --> outfit (select outfit) they don't even change into it, they just wear it all of a sudden. Use it all the time instead of the averga 'change outfit' option on my sims, as it saves time.
    edited May 2017
    Thanks both!
    (changing outfits for your own sim is faster when you just click on them isn't it..?)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Thanks both!
    (changing outfits for your own sim is faster when you just click on them isn't it..?)

Nope. The spinning takes some time, afew seconds so to say, and with the MC way, there's no spinning. just click-click (which is in seconds) done.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

@JoAnne65 if you want all your sims in a lot to be dressed in a certain outfit, you can clik on the floor an choose MC/nraas/sim/basic/select outfit and then a dialog box appears with all the sims on the lot, you choose which sims you want to dress and then the outfit you want, you will be asked do you want to set this outfit over all the selected sims? or something like that (I play in spanish so I don´t know how precisely it´s showed in an english game) you just clik yes and voilá! all the sims show the kind of outfit you selected. That´s pretty usefull on community lots where there are a lot of non actives sims and you want them to be, let´s say in their formal outfit p.e.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    I must consider adding the dressing-mod. I can manage without it but, aye, the vanilla 'change outfit'-gadget drives me nuts. -Spending 'forever' being activated, swoosh, then swoosh again because reasons my sims refuses to wear what I wanted them to wear.
    I like to run around at home in my undies, but I usually put some clothes on, if somebody is banging on my door.
    My sims... ...not so much, they are oblivious to ever changing from undies, unless they are going to work or something out-of-house-business.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited May 2017
    @junceda Thanks for the tip! I've never used the outfit-choice globally like that, but it sure comes in handy! :D

edit to answer OP: @Avatarit Another easy way to make people, err... sims, remain sitting is use the option to reduce or annihilate free will... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

@jillbg It´s pretty usefull with a lot of actions like go home or go to work, resetsim or edit in CAS, you save a lot of cliking...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    junceda wrote: »

@JoAnne65 if you want all your sims in a lot to be dressed in a certain outfit, you can clik on the floor an choose MC/nraas/sim/basic/select outfit and then a dialog box appears with all the sims on the lot, you choose which sims you want to dress and then the outfit you want, you will be asked do you want to set this outfit over all the selected sims? or something like that (I play in spanish so I don´t know how precisely it´s showed in an english game) you just clik yes and voilá! all the sims show the kind of outfit you selected. That´s pretty usefull on community lots where there are a lot of non actives sims and you want them to be, let´s say in their formal outfit p.e.
    Thanks! My days of weirdly dressed sims showing up are over \o/
    5JZ57S6.png
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Thanks both!

Nope. The spinning takes some time, afew seconds so to say, and with the MC way, there's no spinning. just click-click (which is in seconds) done.
    Oh, ok, in my game they spin immediately (probably because I don't have much CC?). Faster than going through the MC menu ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Thanks both!

Oh, ok, in my game they spin immediately (probably because I don't have much CC?). Faster than going through the MC menu ;)

I don't have much(CAS) cc either :p 6 items installed, maybe...? And most of it is swim clothing I actually don't use (should delete it)
    @GITTE2001 - In my case, my computer-brain is just real stoopid. (At least I think that) -is way certain animations and behaviour plums up. Add to that; Bad programming. Why, oh, whyyy must sims put babies on the floor and stand there as dingbats, instead of putting them into the crib. I am not fond of babies, but come on EA, don't make me hate babies due to bad simparenthood.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Thanks everyone!!! :)
    I don't think there's a way to control non-actives sims so closely. Wouldn't it be easier to make them active? With MC's "add sim" you can make your household as large as you want I believe.

Basically I don't want to control them, I just need them to be the background for the sims I do control (explanation here in my comment to @Mazakeen ) :) . By the way, I think the limit is 24 sims (or at least the limit for the amount that can be displayed in the left board with a mod <forgot how it's called>).

@igazor
    Thanks! i'll check these :smile:
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    I fear OP wants a turnbased world....

Actually I am a fan of realism in the game, and in real life there are many situations in which you need to just sit and listen (I can't be sure the sims are actually listening :lol: but just have them sit quitely will be enough for me :smile: . For exmple: when you hear a lecture, when you see a play, when sitting in class. So I want to control only the sims that functions as the teacher / the performer etc..
    I know there are already some objects in that direction, but either the sims are standing (the audience in Showtime?), or they sit for a really short time and immediatly get up, and also not all the sims at the same time (the "Cinema Plumbob" from the store). Basically every object fits specific situation, and I want the flexability to resemble other situations as well. :)

@JoAnne65
    I use this Dresscode mod-
    modthesims.info/d/477049
    edited May 2017
    @Avatarit - The mod 'Relativity'? It skews time-perspective a bit. It gives You(!) some (and the sims) some extra time to manage stuff. -In the sense, they will sit longer with a book, or eat... Just sitting still? -Maybe. I dunno. Maaaybe... Sims are much like people. When You 'expect' someone to relax a little, someone just jumps up creating havoc.
    I don't know, but it sounds like something You ought to try.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @Avatarit - The mod 'Relativity'? It skews time-perspective a bit. It gives You(!) some (and the sims) some extra time to manage stuff. -In the sense, they will sit longer with a book, or eat... Just sitting still? -Maybe. I dunno. Maaaybe... Sims are much like people. When You 'expect' someone to relax a little, someone just jumps up creating havoc.
    I don't know, but it sounds like something You ought to try.

I'll check this too, thanks!!! :smile:
    Thanks both!

I don't have much(CAS) cc either :p 6 items installed, maybe...? And most of it is swim clothing I actually don't use (should delete it)
    I don't think the game cares what kind of CC you have, I presume it comes down to the amount of MB/GB in the Mods folder.
    @GITTE2001 - In my case, my computer-brain is just real stoopid. (At least I think that) -is way certain animations and behaviour plums up. Add to that; Bad programming. Why, oh, whyyy must sims put babies on the floor and stand there as dingbats, instead of putting them into the crib. I am not fond of babies, but come on EA, don't make me hate babies due to bad simparenthood.
    This is not EA and their programming. They've programmed sims to always put babies in their cribs. If they don't there something else going on but - for once :p - you can't blame EA.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @junceda Gosh, I've been a fervent user of Nraas mods since Twallan created them! :D I usually max motive lots, or put them on SP stasis, but changing clothes on a whole lot just never popped into my mind... Thanks again for the tip!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm afraid even the NRaas Animator mod is not going to be as helpful as I thought now that I see what you are trying to do. We've had a few threads about this at NRaas over the years. The closest I think we can get sims to sit still, be quiet, and appear to (but not really) listen to a presenter or someone who might be presiding over a meeting or class of some kind on screen is to serve them coffee with this mod and not give them a dining room table along with the seating you do have for them to access.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Have+Coffee+With+Me
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2017
    Even with that mod, they will talk with each other rather than to watch a presentation. And eventually they will finish their coffee and go on doing their own thing. But that does seem to be the easiest solution anyone has come up with so far. (And on the bright side at least they aren't as spastic as another similar game in town, hint hint).

I've never tried this and it might be asking for trouble, but you could use NRAAS Selector to control each sim and have them sit, then turn off free will. With the Selector mod you just left click on a sim and you are controlling them as your active family. Then left click on the next sim and rinse and repeat.

I ran into some trouble with a game getting corrupted and it might have been due to using Selector too often on different sims - it's obviously difficult to tell sometimes what causes a game to get wonky so I really don't know for sure, but I was using that mod a lot for several game days. So if you try this you might want to use 'Save As' and create a test game to see how it goes.

Another thing is you could use ATS3 Attention Catchers which are really just televisions but look like various other objects. Use Selector to direct each sim in turn to watch TV, then return to your presenter sim. http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_electronics_misc_04.shtml

On another note, I have rarely ever had a sim place a baby on the ground when a crib was provided for them. If I delete my caches and restart my game it resets all the sims and within moments the older sims will go pick up babies and place them in their cribs. So I really have no idea why some people have an issue with this.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    @JoAnne65 I have around 800 MB, which is veeeery few, some people have 15GB...