March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ari, I forgot to ask... do you know what SP the pictures with the bowls & spoons above the peninsula in the kitchen come from?

@soocoolsim - Those were taken by my tester Sim: Eric Miller of The Quartet. :smiley:

I was wondering that same thing about those cool pics, thanks for letting us know. :)
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    For now, the bedroom is actually pretty bland because I wanted to play.
    NDxwnRt.jpg

My evil, killer sim currently lives here so the one other bedroom is empty and the garden plot, as he doesnt garden.
    He took a swim, (I didnt know you could play in the fountain!)
    5zJTmVN.jpg

Of course, he wants some of the good stuff... :D
    azJC4kE.jpg

He really likes it!
    pv1GXFz.jpg

Hes not generally artistic, but he minds as well enjoy what he has!
    eykUXAG.jpg

Dinner looks pretty good...
    BQWccI6.jpg

But of course...he cooks it outside...in the rain...
    zx3iN1O.jpg

I had to mention, I really like this table! I like how the center is up & how you can put the food on that part! Im having so much fun with this place. I never found the secret in the office though (if you put it in)
    LO2AZl0.jpg
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @BrianAndree- totally awesome pictures! I love them! I'm so glad your evil Sim is enjoying it.

The bedroom looks awesome! Very similar to how I would have laid it out and I absolutely love that bed! :mrgreen:

The surprise/cool feature was in the bedroom - it is the open fireplace. Just a little quirky thing I like to do some times with fog emitters. I may be a pyromaniac because I did the same thing with the outside fireplace too.

That table was fun to do - Oh the things you can do with MOO! Are the plates you're using CC? I like them!

Super stoked that you're digging it. It looks pretty darn good in your game!

Enjoy m'dear!
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    Yea, it is some CC plates.
    Oh, TBH I never knew you could do those fog emitters though. I really like how creative you got with the outside one. Im suprized fake fire doesnt actually light things on fire, but then again it is fake!
    Orgin: BrianAndree
    Yea, it is some CC plates.
    Oh, TBH I never knew you could do those fog emitters though. I really like how creative you got with the outside one. Im suprized fake fire doesnt actually light things on fire, but then again it is fake!

I can't remember if it gives off the fire moodlet, but it is a cool feature <3
    @StutteredScreams - I'm so looking forward to this build! I love the reference pictures that you've posted. Just a couple of questions:
    1. From the pictures, it looks like the seating area is in the front of the property; would you prefer it says there or is it okay to move the seating and hot tub to the back of the property?
    2. Are you okay with WIP pictures?
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    @StutteredScreams - I'm so looking forward to this build! I love the reference pictures that you've posted. Just a couple of questions:
    1. From the pictures, it looks like the seating area is in the front of the property; would you prefer it says there or is it okay to move the seating and hot tub to the back of the property?
    2. Are you okay with WIP pictures?

I'm so glad I found a kindred spirit in you dear Ari! I knew someone was bound to look at the pictures and be just as excited as I was, so thanks for taking on my request so quickly. :wink::heart:

Now to answer your queries:
    1. I agree that it looks like the outdoor area is in the front of the home, an interesting choice, but like you I'm thinking that for our build it'll be a lot nicer to have it out the back where it's more private. :smile:
    2. I can happily say that, and I quote myself here from moments ago, "I LOVE WIP PICTURES". Hehe so clearly I can't wait to see some, and I look forward to checking this thread borderline obsessively. :D

I'm super excited to see what you come up with, and will happily answer any and all questions you have along the way.

Also just in case you haven't already seen them, this is a link to @soocoolsim 's showcase page where if you scroll up a little from the bottom of page 16 you'll be able to see the sim and kitty duo that will be living in this loft home! - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848690/soocoolsims-showcase-spring-song-p15-new-nemos-pool-p16/
    I thought maybe seeing the future residents might help more with decoration ideas, or just how you see them fitting in the home. I don't know if it will, but I thought it was a cute idea for you to be able to further envision the residents your building for. Hehe. :blush:

Thanks again Ari, and I look forward to hearing from you!

- Sam x
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited May 2017
    @StutteredScreams - Yaaay! Thank you for checking in, Sam! Super stoked to be building for you once again!! I did some research yesterday and it got me even more excited. I did see @soocoolsim's Anya and Lilith. They're both beautiful. She did a fabulous job!

I've thought of another question for you: do you want Lilith to be able to get to the loft area or is it strictly for Anya to sleep?

Right, off in game to lay down some ideas! <3
    edited May 2017
    @StutteredScreams: I've been playing around with ideas which brings me to another couple of questions. As we don't really know what the exterior looks like, I'm thinking of going with something that fits in with Moonlight Falls, but there are a lot of options with that as it's based off of the Pacific Northwest and there are so many different styles. There's modern (on the outskirts), gothic homes, victorian homes, and craftsmen homes. Do you want ultra modern like on the outskirts or would you like more warehouse-y like the exterior inspiration picture?

Now, I absolutely love your interior inspiration pictures; as long as all the elements from the pictures are in there, would you be happy with a layout change?

I've got some WIPs down below and also some other ideas.
    Post edited by aricarai on
    edited July 2017
    Okie dokie @StutteredScreams, here's a couple of pictures with different options...let me know what you think or if you want a completely different style. I'd say these are more sort of warehouse-y like in the exterior inspiration picture, but with a different layout.

34860808803_7e707e2f80_z.jpg

35669899125_197992c9cc_z.jpg
    Ground floor - long kitchen at the front on the right, art studio behind the kitchen, living area next to the art studio, closet area and bathroom which will need to be accessed through the closet area

34860810523_74705b430f_z.jpg
    Loft bedroom area

OR

34860807223_90eda25441_z.jpg

I haven't played with the interior of this one, but it might change slightly, but I'd make sure that all the interior elements were there.
    edited July 2017
    OR do you like this exterior (not the colors, just the style)?

35542177631_6e5012557b_z.jpg
    I feel like this one is more your modern Craftsman (if there's such a thing!)

OR if you want me to go completely modern...I can do that too :mrgreen:

Let me know, m'dear!
    edited May 2017
    @StutteredScreams - so as you can see we have lots of options.

1. Modern
    2. Warehouse-y
    3. Craftsmen
    4. Victorian
    5. Gothic

I know you said vintage modern, so I thought I'd just clarify for the exterior :mrgreen:
    Thanks @aricarai , I'm super stoked to have you back in my company and building for me as well! :smiley::heart:
    So glad you're as excited for this build as I am, I've been doing research today also after reading your questions. :wink:
    I've never been too good at making decisions, but I'm pushing myself to come up with answers to make both our lives easier. But oh man, there's so many awesome options, so these decisions are going to be so hard! xP

Question 1: I'd really like there to be access for Lilith to the loft if that's possible, cause bossy kitty totally wants to hog all that bed tehehe.

Question 2: I love love love the things you've come up with so far, after checking out you pictures and reading your notes I had a think and a squizzy around the interwebs and decided we should break the mould a little and do a Victorian Warehouse!
    12644721084_84db9874f2_b.jpg
    The building above really stuck out to me, as I thought it really displayed a fantastic blend of the Victorian and Warehouse-y styles you mentioned. As soon as I saw it I thought "oh wow, this is perfect, Ari is going to love this", so I hope I was right! :blush:

Question 3: I am totally happy with a change of layout! The pictures, while completely amazing, were just a foundation to grow your endless possibilities upon. I want to see what YOU will come up with, and what YOU will envision, I love the fact that when I work with anyone from D.N.A. I can see how much fun and creativity we both can put into making something special. So seriously, go nuts Ari, do whatever you want! The only thing I think (and I repeat think, as in it's subject to change) that I'd like to try and keep the same would be the loft area. I adore the split level loft bedroom where the bed is on the upper level and the closet/desk/whatever area is directly underneath, I think it looks so cute and is also really a great space saver. So I totally don't mind changes to that even, but I guess just keep in mind the loft idea, though I positive you already are doing just that huehuehue. :grin:

I think that's everything Ari. Sorry for the consistent day-late responses from me, I keep having troubles with the forums for some reason, but as long as it works eventually I'm happy. Hope you're having a nice week! ( :

- Sam
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams: You're right; I do love that and it's totally doable! I'm super stoked for this!

I love the loft area, so definitely won't be changing that.

One converted warehouse bachelorette loft COMING UP! :mrgreen:
    @aricarai Woohoo! I'm so excited to see what you come up with! :triumph:
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited July 2017
    @StutteredScreams - I've got a WIPPITY WIP WIP for you!
    34860806573_6c075f52cc_z.jpg
    I'm still not sure about the color of the front door, but you get an idea of the structure...what do you think?
    edited May 2017
    @StutteredScreams - I've got a WIPPITY WIP WIP for you!
    Screenshot-1035_zpsgwinmphz.jpg
    I'm still not sure about the color of the front door, but you get an idea of the structure...what do you think?

@aricarai That is so dang cool Ari, I love it! :mrgreen:
    You are spot on my friend, you totally managed to get something really similar to the picture, this sure is a Victorian Warehouse now!

As for the door how about something fun like this?
    33d3b799c93f42308817d92e4d733a3a.jpg
    I think that a saturated yellow such as this should go really well with the warm orangey-brown tones in the brick, while still standing out and being a massive exterior focal point for the house. I'm not 100% sure of course, as I'm no design expert lol, but give it a go maybe and see what you think? Cause who know, it could be awesome~! :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Awesome! I love yellow! And I love the cat on the front stoop! :mrgreen:
    Awesome! I love yellow! And I love the cat on the front stoop! :mrgreen:

Glad you like it too! I thought that was a rather perfect bonus. ;)
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited July 2017
    @StutteredScreams: back with another WIP!
    34860805513_2bf0f5e1d2_z.jpg
    FYI: the pictures aren't CC: I had my photographer Sim take pictures of a few pictures. :mrgreen: If you don't want these in the build, just let me know!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @Aricarai dear its looking nice! <3

Thank you sweet @BreeMiles. :mrgreen:
    @aricarai Are you kidding, that looks amazing!! :open_mouth::heart:
    I love the pictures, they're so cool, and the pictured area looks so awesome! Ahhhh, I'm so excited! All the exclamation points!!!!!
    Zpj9msL.png
    I love the pictures, they're so cool, and the pictured area looks so awesome! Ahhhh, I'm so excited! All the exclamation points!!!!!

Yaaay!! @StutteredScreams - I'm so happy you like it! I'm actually finished with the inside :mrgreen: I just need to go over everything and make sure all the colors work well together still (I was working on this into the wee hours!) Only the outside to go :mrgreen:

I'm totally loving how this is turning out and I hope you will too! :smiley:

Yaaay!! @StutteredScreams - I'm so happy you like it! I'm actually finished with the inside :mrgreen: I just need to go over everything and make sure all the colors work well together still (I was working on this into the wee hours!) Only the outside to go :mrgreen:

I'm totally loving how this is turning out and I hope you will too! :smiley:

You work fast my friend; I think we're equally as excited for this house which is perfect! :flushed:@aricarai
    Still I can't believe you're already done with the interior, that's just so darn amazing, I can't wait to explore every inch! :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png