Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mood swing walk.... Ummm no.

Comments

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    @Ciarassims I agree! I think if they would've made it more subtle, it would've came out much better.

@DeservedCriticism Hahaha "tripping too hard" lol. There's actually a dru.g that makes people walk exactly how that teen walked in the live stream... I think it's called K-12... Idk. But the clip you posted was great. Something like that I would've appreciated.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    alexandrea wrote: »
    They look intoxicated. Or like they're on drugs.

Or intoxicated and on drugs. And also maybe mentally insane.

Definitely not their best animation work.

Right?! That's the exact vibe I got from it... :D

I'm personally surprised this many people are defensive about it and resorting to the same old logical fallacy we sadly see here all the time.

I get what they were trying to do with it (the animation), but something about the upper torso just isn't in sync with the lower torso and it makes the teen look drunk instead of like they're throwing a fit or something. The upper torso is rigid and stiff with the neck even looking limp, while the lower torso and the legs are just all over the place with the legs even bent out awkwardly....yknow, like a drunk. I think if they were gonna go for the smart-mouth teen look, it should've started like what they have, but within the first 2 seconds, transitions into another more sensible walk. Yknow like hunched over with bad posture and arms hanging down as they look annoyed.

This clip is probably the best example of what they should've done. He's showcasing the exact walk they were going for, and as you can see, he does not walk halfway across the room with his head hanging back so he's forced to stare at the ceiling. No, his head goes back initially like a super-exaggerated eyeroll, and then the moment he starts walking he slouches forward....probably because he needs to see where the heck he's going and he can't exactly do that if his head and entire upper torso are leaned back the whole time. That's the exact defiant look they were going for, except in terms of Sims 4, it's that guy's walk stuck in "first gear," and yes, it looks insanely awkward.

To me it just looks like my teen got super fed up with my lectures so they immediately shot up some drugs and now they're tripping way too hard to do any chores.

I just about spit my coffee on my screen..thanks for the laughs. It seems pretty normal to me but then again it was only for a second in the live stream since they moved the camera somewhere else. Maybe I should reexamine it and see if it annoys me as much as the confident/energized/selfassured walk does.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't like the walk either. Can you imagine how long it will take for them to walk through the house, down the stairs, and to go to school?

I really don't mind new walks, but I DO care when it takes two hours for them to do anything. I'll be glad when modders remove it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I love the pack, but the walking is way too slow for me personally. I like the shade she's throwing though but i'm pretty sure i'll mod it out within a day because I get tired of it.

.. and what is with the defending, OP made a thread just to ask if others didn't like the walk aswell, it's one aspect of the pack she's not butchering the pack just giving her opinion on something. People always think you hate the game when you don't like something lmao.

I agree with you OP, you're not alone. o:)
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I think the walk is OK (too exaggerated for my liking maybe but OK). But I'm afraid it will happen to often. If it is something teens only do once in a while, when they're fed up, then OK. But I definitely do not want my teen sims walking like that for days all the time just because they are going through a mood swing.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I liked it when I saw it in the trailer, because I only saw a portion of it and it sort of looked like an eye roll before walking off.
    But seeing it in the live broadcast it does look ridiculous. I don't mind it starting off like that with an initial huff, but the rest of the walk should be a simpler moping walk.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    [quote="alexandrea;d-918630"]Can we talk about the mood swing walk style? I hate it, and I'm almost certain someone will mod it out. The sims look constipated, and in pain with that walk style.... No. Absolutely not. The default tired walk style would suffice. The mood swing walk is over exaggerated. Ugh. Why??? :| [/quote]

I understand where your coming from. All the walks styles in the sims 4 besides neutral are over exaggerated. Pretty much the whole game is an over exaggeration of what the sims games are. I'm also pretty sure a modder will fix it or make a new one to replace it like the over exaggerated happy smile. My problem with it is that it will add a new glitch or something. Like the teens get stuck in it and since teen and YA are basically the same model, it could carry over past that age group. Like you, I'm buying the game and thus have the right to complain about things I don't like or feel it lacks. It just gets annoying when some people refuse to point out flaws with this game. The sims 4 is completely messed up and EA Maxis knows it. But because those who point out flaws in it get such strong backlash from those who do, it kind of makes the community hostile. Here hoping the Sims 5 community is a bit more tolerate like the sims 2
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't like the walk either. Can you imagine how long it will take for them to walk through the house, down the stairs, and to go to school?

I really don't mind new walks, but I DO care when it takes two hours for them to do anything. I'll be glad when modders remove it.

I just re-watched part of the livestream and the teen mood swing walk seems rather limited. In the first house, the teen girl was cleaning the upstairs bathroom and she did the schlumpy walk to her bedroom to write in her journal. She then walked normal from the bed to her desk, walked normal from the bedroom to the downstairs part of the house, walked normal back up the stairs, walked normal from an upstairs room back to her bedroom to catch her sister snooping in the journal, stomped angrily from her bedroom to the top of the stairs on her way to fight with her sister and walked normal down the stairs. So it certainly appears that the mood swing walk occurs only briefly.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

I just re-watched part of the livestream and the teen mood swing walk seems rather limited. In the first house, the teen girl was cleaning the upstairs bathroom and she did the schlumpy walk to her bedroom to write in her journal. She then walked normal from the bed to her desk, walked normal from the bedroom to the downstairs part of the house, walked normal back up the stairs, walked normal from an upstairs room back to her bedroom to catch her sister snooping in the journal, stomped angrily from her bedroom to the top of the stairs on her way to fight with her sister and walked normal down the stairs. So it certainly appears that the mood swing walk occurs only briefly.

That's what I saw, so I was thinking I missed something and needed to reexamine it but don't have time to sit through it again. Rather would be on the forums counting down the time. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The only problem I have with the walk is how slow it is. I hate it when my sims are slow; they already take their sweet time to do things as it is.

But otherwise I like it. The animation is amusing to me.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's overly exaggerated.
    That's TS4 style though.

Anyway, I think it looks hilarious, but to each their own.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    You don't have to get the pack if you hate it that much :)

Why does everyone on these forums seem to resort to telling people not to buy packs, expansions, etc... If they don´t like certain aspects? Leave that to the player to decide. I'm only talking about this walk style. I am a family player myself, and I am ecstatic about this pack. Don't jump to conclusions and tell me what and what not to do with my money. I'm buying this pack, and I will enjoy this pack. This is probably one of the only packs I will enjoy from this game. However, the walk style the teens have when they're in a mood swing irritates me.

What's the alternative? Buy the pack, then complain about it?

lol yes, this. And they're already talking about their "spent" hard earned money when they're complaining about the game they haven't even bought yet. :D I'm out, this is ridiculous.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    They need to add a forum rule about rudeness.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I kind of like it. It looks like a teen thing. Much better than reusing the walk over-tired sims use to go to bed.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I kind of like it. It looks like a teen thing. Much better than reusing the walk over-tired sims use to go to bed.

Seriously? I've never seen a teenager walk like that. I'm 19 myself, and I can tell you I have never walked like that. It's overly exaggerated. Sure, I have my moods but I do not, and never will walk like that. That's terrible posture, look at the sims' legs in the live stream @8:35.... It looks so abnormal. She looks dazed, and weird.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hnqF9PYoB2E

Lol, it looks pretty funny.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    None of the walk styles are particularly appealing to me but I've always just assumed it was part of the aesthetic that all sim movement was meant to be exaggerated or in this case - a bit cringe-worthy. When I first saw the walk in the live stream I thought it was silly. Alas. It's not a deal breaker for me and it's something I'll undoubtably make an effort to ignore.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I completely understand why some people don't like the overexaggerated walk styles. Personally, I think they're hilarious. I actually laughed out loud at the mood swing walk. I HAVE seen teenagers walk like that when they're being moody or being told to do something they don't want to do. It's way less exaggerated of course, but the animation was definitely done in that cartoonish Sims 4 style. My only issue with it is that is very slow and even though I'm amused by it, I know there will come a time when I am juggling several different sims, trying to do several things at once, and I will be left groaning at my screen like "Stop dragging your feet and let's get a move on."
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    ponderosa wrote: »
    I know there will come a time when I am juggling several different sims, trying to do several things at once, and I will be left groaning at my screen like "Stop dragging your feet and let's get a move on."
    I thought of this as well, though I can't help wondering if that's intentional, to send home the point that the teenager is resisting doing what they are being asked to do.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I thought of this as well, though I can't help wondering if that's intentional, to send home the point that the teenager is resisting doing what they are being asked to do.

I believe that's the goal here. I think they're trying to make raising a family more difficult overall and something like this would definitely add to the difficulty.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well you can never please everyone
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I don't get the outrage over yet another moodswing walk. This game is chalked full of them. Nothing is pleasing about a female Sim with an overly confident mood buff walk. As I said they can remove it from the many mood walks in this game. I hoped this new walk would set apart the teens from adults and hope this is not also an adult walk if they get in a mood. I don't think it is but I did read adults can have more moods now, too.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Agree with Cyrus, it could have been a bit faster. Just hope it isn't as time consuming.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any new moods. I agree about the confident/energised walk. So my Sim can't brush her teeth or have a coffee without loosing her feminine walk and walking like a hyper dude? Not good EA.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I loved the walk from the moment I saw it. They eyes rolled back in the head really sold it.
    I don't think this is going to be more than a "mood walk (like having to pee, etc.)." This is something teens only do in front of adults. Once the adult is out of sight, or the teen made their point ("you're like, so unfaaaair nobody understands me"), they usually go back to normal locomotion.
    In a game where vampires can be abducted by aliens, I don't think anything can be "too over the top."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any new moods. I agree about the confident/energised walk. So my Sim can't brush her teeth or have a coffee without loosing her feminine walk and walking like a hyper dude? Not good EA.

Both arms up, marching right to left...yeah, self assured is the very same as energized or confident. That's three different ways to see it and that is overkill.