Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rhodes Legacy

Comments

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited November 2019
    FBOj1gw.jpg
    bkRYo6f.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We’ve been trying to teach Kole to talk, but it might be a bit too soon though. Because he doesn’t really seem too interested in learning right now.

Luckily, our little man is quite expressive of what he wants, when he wants it.

He loves playing. I’ve always thought of myself as a healthy and in shaped kind of man; however, this little guy tires me out on a daily basis.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    ruLqs1c.jpg
    ntGUEcd.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

When Kole isn’t playing…
    It seems like he’s eating and he keeps Jaylen in the kitchen regularly trying to prepare something he likes. So far, he doesn’t seem to be that picky of an eater except for his lunch.

If it isn’t PB & J Sandwich followed by crackers, he isn’t a happy camper and if he isn’t happy… well, you know our the rest of us feel. *sigh*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    npBxSdr.jpg
    0B6h5w2.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Things have been going great lately…
    We’ve started potty training Kole with great success and he’s finally starting to talk a bit more; which we think it due to his new little Teaching Tablet.

However, we’ve had some issues getting him to sleep through the night due nightmares.

I think the late nights with little sleep have finally caught with Jaylen. He’s been a little under the weather lately. I think he might have a mild case of the Llama Flu!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    4i4pVtL.jpg
    H9Ragio.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Luckily for my honey, he’s living with a trained medical professional and I know just the homemade cure for this…

A special Detox Tea.

I think I’ll have some too and prevent myself from getting sick too.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    8g1mZpO.jpg
    e5vonAd.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Although the tea was working, Jaylen still wasn’t feeling 100%. So, he went to bed early and I stayed up with Kole watching cartoons until he started to get fussy.

Tucking him in went fairly smooth…
    So, I think tonight will be the night that he finally sleeps through the night.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    7kgkwME.jpg
    w7g6UqN.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Wahhhhh!” *sob*

“There, there. It’ll be okay, it was just a dream. There isn’t a monster under your bed, Kole”

Or… maybe not.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    40WpNOK.jpg
    xydngRa.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Before I knew it, my family leave was over and it was time to head back to work at the Hospital.

“Good morning, I’m Peter. Are you, Cliff? I was told that today would be your first day back after having your first child. Congratulations by the way!” *smile*

“Oh! Hi, Peter… where’s Fatima?”

“She’s a nurse now. She finally graduated and was promoted. So, I’m the new assistant.”

Wow… how long was I gone?
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    6UuuM9u.jpg
    gtRX5Ho.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Iggy, you’re back! Have you come down with a severe case of mathitis again?”

“No!”

“Really? Because I’m not finding anything wrong with you again.”

“It’s not that! I promise, I don’t have a math quiz today.”

“English quiz?”

“No. Science quiz.” *hangs head down*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    XkmkvCB.jpg
    FsGH8My.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

While out on family leave, I forgot just how much time I spend each day updating patient records as a Medical Assistant.

I hope I hear back about my application for the open Medical Technologist position soon.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    4JFBNKf.jpg
    pQPnC07.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Things have certainly been pretty busy at the hospital this week!

I’m not sure what’s been happening in Windenburg lately, but we’ve sure seen a large influx of Windenburg residents for the last two days.

“Say, Ahhhh!”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    wuVLNp3.jpg
    0t9W5L9.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“I’m dying aren’t I? You don’t have to sugar coat it! Just be straight with me, please!”

“No, you’re not dying.”

“Are you sure? I feel so awful!”

“Yes. Positive. You just have a mild case of Bloaty Head and this medicine will make you good as new.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks!“
    Post edited by Jase on
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Kole is such a cutie! <3 I love him :love: Are they going to have another?
    @thejennifer Kole is pretty cute. Honestly, I haven't thought that far ahead since I've pretty much kept the family on hold with Kole still a toddler until the Parenthood GP is released. I have one more large update that I need to upload and then you all will be caught up to where I am with my gameplay.
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I usually wait until there's a sale to buy GP, since I'll know if others actually like it/if it's worth the money. I'm looking forward to seeing though!
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    yay! Kole is such a cutie! Can't wait to see him as a child :smiley:
    @minkydpain Glad to see that you enjoyed the update. I'm just about to post another large update; which will be the one that brings you all up to date on my gameplay. I won't have anymore updates until I get a chance to play after the new GP is released. :)
    edited November 2019
    6qFAnTy.jpg
    mIxBfQN.png
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Unlike me, Jaylen was able to get additional time off from work for family leave and continued to work from home while watching Kole.

Although, he did keep a few works of his new paintings for around the house.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    9H3lO0b.jpg
    5tztVmz.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Thanks goodness it’s Friday! As soon as this day is over I can go home and spend a nice weekend along with my family.

“Cliff. You’ve got a call from Jaylen on line one.”

“Okay! Thanks, Peter.”

“Cliff, I know you were looking forward to a relaxing night along, but my sister and her boyfriend stopped by for dinner and she says that they have big news”

*sigh*

“It’s okay, sweetie. I know how much you love your sister and it’ll be nice to finally meet the new man in her life. What do you think of him so far?”

“He’s really friendly, I think you’ll like him”

“Okay, I’ll see you later. Love you!”

“Sorry about that, Miss Watkins. Open wide and say ahhhhhhhh.”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    ZuY4JEP.jpg
    Y9Nppus.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Since Kole was napping, we decided to have a fancier dinner than usual since we had special guests over. I was very impressed with the quality of both the Caprese Salad and Butternut Gnocchi that Jaylen cooked for us.

“ Tonight has been great! I’m so happy to finally get to meet you two. That was the best dinner that I’ve ever had, Jaylen! Thank you so much for having us over!“

“Your welcome, Salvador. We’ve been super excited to meet you too!”

“Wait a minute! The best dinner you’ve ever had? What about all of the stuff that I’ve cooked for you, sweetie? I am a Sous Chef after all at a five star restaurant in Oasis Springs.”

“Oh.. Yeah.. Well..” *blush*

“Chelsea, he probably meant that this was the best amateur dinner he’s ever had. Since you're a professional chef, it’s just a given that your food is in a completely different category. Right?”

“Yes! Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Thanks for explaining what I was trying to say in a much clearer way, Cliff. Sometimes I’m not that great with words!”

“You’re not? Sweetie, you’re a best selling author.” *confused*

“Oh, it’s the language barrier, I think. Yeah, that’s it. Remember, Simish is my second language, I was born and raised in Monte Vista before moving to Oasis Springs.”  *blush*

“Oh. Okay…”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    CxEcObO.jpg
    ZPDffV7.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

When we started hearing banging in the nursery, we knew that Kole was awake and playing with his toys. So, Jaylen decided to run some chicken nuggets to the nursery while we continued to have adult conversations.

“So, Jaylen said that you two had some big news to share with us?”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    pcfK59O.jpg
    fFVXb8w.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Oh, yeah. Is it a good time to tell them, Chelsea Pie?”

“Sorry, guys. Kole wasn’t hungry and wants to be part of the action.”

*cough*

“Hey there, little guy! Do you want to ride a aereo?” (plane)

*smile*

“Tutti a bordo” (all aboard)

*giggle*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    vltZpHv.jpg
    IHkD7D6.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Wow! Salvador is really nice, handsome, and great with kids. Sis, you need to marry him!”

*laughs*

“That’s what our big news is!” *smile*

“What?”

“I asked your lovely sister to do me the honors and be my moglie and she said yes.” (wife)

“Congratulations!”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    Q6G2EqR.jpg
    LrqflXB.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

After the excitement of Chelsea and Salvador’s big news wore off and they went home. It was time for bed…

We all were so exhausted.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    LC83sng.jpg
    hRfP4dD.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Well… not all of us.

“Are you hungry, cutie? You didn’t want to touch your food, but I guess that’s understandable it was pretty exciting having company.”

“Let’s go get you something to eat.”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    7znUaXu.jpg
    XDdO5XE.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Here ya go! This oatmeal should fill you up, but not upset your tummy as late as it is.”

“Kole, try to get some sleep tonight. I love you!” *smooch*
    Post edited by Jase on