Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here is kind of how I feel about the game right now.

Comments

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are upset by the curfew times and that it is a household thing. I would think the curfew would only affect the teens because what kind of parent would let their child be out and about after supper time anyway?

well in sims logic apparently kids can go to night clubs alone at 1 am and order drinks.
    I see since a long time you are disappointed with this GP. I don't know why, it's almost the best (and the best for me) GP. If you don't want to buy this GP because you don't like, don't buy. But stop to always be negative. Even when producers make the best people complaining, I don't understand. After a moment stop. I'm sure even if TS5 will be the best sims game you will complaining. Sorry, but I don't understand why you are too preoccupied like this, it's just a game.

well considering how average at best the whole game is and how average at best most of the packs have been its hard for me to not notice all the flaws. and considering this was supposed to be a game changer and vampires are apparently the best life stage ever and omg we finally got tolders for free and its good thing they added them when they did cuz they are perfect and they would clearly not be if they added them earlier. like i just feel like nothing so far has made the game the best it can be and i am not even sure if it can be the best it can be and i am even more worried because we are getting 1 expansion pack per year and we still have 3 if not 4 major expansion packs they have to do before we get something kind of orginaial. and yeah sims 5 may be coming out before they finsish the expansion packs they have to get out
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Vote with your wallet and don't buy the pack. Best anyone can tell you.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can you just set curfews without it being a punishment?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    we can't always get what we want. however with the 50 threads you've created since this pack was announced loudly declaring YOUR WANTS AND WISHES, in hopes of you not doing this next time i hope like plum the gurus make sure they talk to you to keep you happy and meet all your needs, thereby saving me from having to read your endless dissappointments

Lol. Honestly though I do sort of get the OP's fears, there was a time when the game and its lack of depth, and limitations really got me down too. I finally came to a point though where I figured I have three choices, either play and get over what I don't like, add some mods to change what I don't like, or don't play it, it is just a game after all.

I went with option two.
    I did a little research and finally decided to add the MCC center, and found that added the story immersion I was looking for, plus the vampire pack really showed the devs are stepping up their game big time with new content. I decided to play it as it is and find fun in my story's and I'm
    Glad I did.

Are there things in the game I still don't like or wish were different, yeah, but focusing on the negative is really pointless and only serves to annoy people. I ignore what I don't like and enjoy what I do. I offer suggestions/ideas when I think I have a good one and I think that serves a better purpose then constantly creating negative threads. Hopefully the OP will find this moment at some point. No game is worth so much worry and fretting that's for sure.

That's exactly my point. We can't control everything. This is a game made for millions of ppl. The belief it is going to be created 100% to one I individual preferences is unrealistic. Constructive criticism of the game warranted, needed, and beneficial. However, there comes a point where you have manage what's within your control. The pack releases Tuesday. I did a pro vs con analysis and decided for ME the pro's outweigh the con's. I'm buying. Any ideas to improve the theme will be placed in the feedback section
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Let us know how you like it when you buy it.
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

are you talking to me or orkhid22
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

Hahaha exactly
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Can you just set curfews without it being a punishment?

It's separate to punishments, so yeah.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Time is money....at a certain point, when a person has spent FAR more than $20 worth of time agonizing over whether to buy the pack, they might as well of just chilled out and bought the pack. Just sayin.
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Time is money....at a certain point, when a person has spent FAR more than $20 worth of time agonizing over whether to buy the pack, they might as well of just chilled out and bought the pack. Just sayin.

well i am buying it i mean there are things that i like in it just like there were things i liked with vampires.
    for me its more a mater of there is enough stuff for me to make it worth buying but there is not enough stuff for me to not want to complain about how dissapointing the game is overall.
  • coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, I am not trying to be. :)

However, all of the posts I've seen from you are negative and shaming the Sims 4 game. I understand that it's your own opinion, but constantly complaining about your wishes and how the Sims 4 is "disappointing" is unnecessary. You should be grateful that the Sims 4 even came out. You should be grateful that the gurus are even making things for the Sims 4 so we can have a better experience. Either go find a game that you can be proud of, or simply try to realize how awesome the gurus are to take our suggestions and progress the game.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
    really i sh

However, all of the posts I've seen from you are negative and shaming the Sims 4 game. I understand that it's your own opinion, but constantly complaining about your wishes and how the Sims 4 is "disappointing" is unnecessary. You should be grateful that the Sims 4 even came out. You should be grateful that the gurus are even making things for the Sims 4 so we can have a better experience. Either go find a game that you can be proud of, or simply try to realize how awesome the gurus are to take our suggestions and progress the game.

really i should be thankful they are even making the sims 4 and that it even came out. really would you be saying that if you felt like this game was horrible yourself and the worst thing ever.(for the record i do not think its the worst thing ever) except one thing i will point out is i kind of feel sim city 5 was the worst thing ever well not really but it was pretty bad and honestly here is the thing the sims 4 overall is only slightly better then sim city 5 it was on the cusp of being sim city bad but did just and i mean just barely was not that bad. and the improvments have made it better but that is not saying much.
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 2017
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    really i sh

really i should be thankful they are even making the sims 4 and that it even came out. really would you be saying that if you felt like this game was horrible yourself and the worst thing ever.(for the record i do not think its the worst thing ever) except one thing i will point out is i kind of feel sim city 5 was the worst thing ever well not really but it was pretty bad and honestly here is the thing the sims 4 overall is only slightly better then sim city 5 it was on the cusp of being sim city bad but did just and i mean just barely was not that bad. and the improvments have made it better but that is not saying much.

I wouldn't. I'd just quietly walk away and not buy the game

But that's just me.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think he has a right to state his opinions and feedback - he isn't attacking anyone. Maybe making so many threads isn't the most productive thing though. I understand your frustration though, because the Sims 4 will always have things I'm upset/disappointed in and it's sad to see its predecessors actually achieving things so much better. But at some point I decided I'm not going to focus on those and just try and make the best of the game (although I will always post feedback to shape future Sims games). :)
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member

are you talking to me or orkhid22

My post was geared towards you brendhan21
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

WOW! Why? Why should anyone have to be grateful?

EA are selling a product and it is up to them to make it appealing so that their customers want to buy it. Maybe they should be grateful to us for actually buying their glitch-filled often half-baked product???
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2017

WOW! Why? Why should anyone have to be grateful?

EA are selling a product and it is up to them to make it appealing so that their customers want to buy it. Maybe they should be grateful to us for actually buying their glitch-filled often half-baked product???

Yeah ikr.

Some people are acting like it's a charity or something.

Its hardcore $$$$ people. If this game didn't sell, if the Sims Franchise doesn't bring in enough money anymore, EA will get rid of it asap.

They are not making this game because they love us so much, no, they are making this game because it brings in a lot of money.

Nothing to be grateful for. You would think that after 3 previous generations they know what works and what doesn't by now, and how to improve the experience. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case with TS4. Instead of improving a lot of stuff, they simply took it out. Easy, problem solved.

About this GP:

It's a nice attempt to give playing with families a bit more depth. However there is still a lot left to be desired.
    When I saw the livestream I wasn't overly exited to be honest. I am a family player, and yes, this pack seems to be nice, but it will get annoying very fast I guess.

With all the random pop ups, micromanagement of children all the time for every generation (because otherwise you will have kids with traits you don't want them to have), toddlers/kids making mess everywhere etc. Seems fun, but for how long until it becomes annoying and a chore?
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While I'm still super excited about this pack and can't wait until it's released...
    It was a bit disappointing to see the limitations with curfews. I was hoping it could be set for individual family members and also for a little bit more control than 3 presets, but it's still a neat feature.

Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like how the new traits aren't just like regular traits available in CAS. Since they're only assigned based on how our sims are raised, it makes them seem different and a little bit of a challenge. But I always kind of like that sort of thing in games.

In regards to acne, I was only expecting two (light/heavy). So, it was a pleasant surprise for me when I found out that we're getting three versions instead. Tuesday cannot get here fast enough! :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    for me its more a mater of there is enough stuff for me to make it worth buying but there is not enough stuff for me to not want to complain about how dissapointing the game is overall.

I want to say you, the sims 4 basegame is a default, even if the dlcs will be amazing, we'll always be disappointed because it's the basegame the problem. If they had done basegame like toddlers, vampire and parenthood, the basegame would be better. But know, whether you accept TS4 like he is or don't waste your time in this game. You can just hope TS5 will be make with love like vampire and toddlers.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    And you can still play with the previous games if you can't have fun with TS4 because your mind is too about the defaults.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I agree @elanorbreton There is too much going on with all the things like the lightbulbs and plus signs with skills from lot traits, and now if they add these pluses from parenting, and the things they do with the singing skills, etc, it's just too much and ruins the immersion in the actual game play.

They need to cut all that stuff out. Like you say, we have panels we can open to check progress. We don't need the visuals.

I do like seeing the relationship and character value traits go up, but I don't know why they thought add those annoying light bulbs was a good idea I mean we already have the skill bar.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    How come each time I see a post/thread from you, its always negative? Don't get me wrong you are fully entitled to voice your opinion and I encourage you to do so, whenever its negative or positive.
    But I worry that you always seem so sad and upset about the game, you are clearly not happy about it, that much is obvious. So I am wondering why? Is it really that bad to you? :(
  • MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    @brendhan21 I see where your coming from and, unlike some simmers, I'm happy your voicing your concerns about the game. In all honesty, the Sims 4 community seems to be very dismissive about any flaws that other players bring up in the game. I wish the acne had a system like the one in the sims 2 and levels of severity that use those 3 presets. I too wish that the curfew could be set per sim. It's not fair for a well behaved sim to be punished if their rebel sibling got in trouble. Plus this pack and update could have been used to introduce police npcs back into the game. Like in the sims 2 when teens broke curfew, they were brought back in shame