Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could tell your child/teenage self one thing what would it be?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    amy_queenamy_queen Posts: 65 Member
    It has been said before but: don't procrastinate XD
    And also life is too short to worry about silly things, don't stress & positivity does make even the most difficult things seem lest daunting
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Think before you do. Can't count how many times I've done something silly because I didn't think it through first. Also, don't feel like you have to have your life sorted out before you leave school. Plenty of adults don't know what they're going to do with their life yet and they've had more time to think than you. One day it'll all just fall into place.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Don't name yourself 'Swiftlover13'. Jesus.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    To pursue your dreams. To ask for help when you break down after your mums death. To be happier with yourself and take care of your body and soul.
    I wish I had my time over again. I would do it all so differently.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Be good to yourself and tell your parents when you have emotional storms and are ticked off for no apparent reasons.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited May 2017
    I Would Tell My Child Self To Grow Up And Don't Be So... *Thinks Of Correct Word* ...Thick.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I would tell myself to not touch my eyebrows, I'm still unsure as to how my parents let me leave the house the way I did!
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    Two things...

-It's better to have one true friend than 10 superficial ones. The weakest people, like animals, need a herd for safety and to know which way to walk. You don't, you just need one or two people who will become your family and let you walk where ever you want. Never worry about what the herd thinks of your family.
    and
    -Embrace being different and nerdy. The choices that will make you a loser at 15(saving money, reading over partying, spending time with family over friends, etc) are what will make you a successful and happy 30 year!
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited May 2017
    Do NOT try to shave your left eyebrow! Yes, it's somewhat longer than the right one, but you WILL regret trying to shave off that part! Actually not that much, but it's going to be annoying even years later. Trust me, from my point of view that was 2.5 years ago and the difference is still visible. At least it's re-growing.
    Also, start watching Doctor Who earlier. It's awesome.

Even though that's two things :D
  • Options
    VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    Don't pretend to be someone you're not. If someone really loves you, they'll accept the real you and not the one you put on for show everyday.
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    KatieVapezz97KatieVapezz97 Posts: 36 Member
    I was bullied really bad since I was in like year 1, Until year 8 when I decided to leave school and be home schooled. One thing I would definitely tell myself? Stop being so afraid and stick up for yourself
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2017
    Tell my child-self that:
    "It's OK to not be social... everyone has their own quirks. It's what makes people individuals and not carbon-copy constructs of each other." "Look for acceptance within yourself. In 40 years, other people's opinions of who you are won't matter. And the people that you thought of as mean will grow up, mature and if you let them; some will become your best friends..." -especially true of some classmates who I didn't particularly like when I was in school, but became friends with as an adult - and who helped me through my father's sudden passing in 2009.

The fact is that as I reach middle-age, I find that my classmates as well as myself have become parents of teens and we realize that we can pass our own insecurities off on our children. We resolve that much harder to not make the mistakes that our parents did, but we still make them anyways.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'd tell my teen self to get her head out of those fantasy books and stop waiting to be whisked away into an adventure, nothing happens without self-awareness and hard work.

Everyone's in the same boat, it's not you and them. It's okay to make friends, not everyone has an agenda.

Oh and don't listen to your mum, grammar school and politics are not only for stuck-up kids. Otherwise, she's right about everything else.

And stop using emojis and purposely spelling words wrong, 'how are chu ^u^? tehe' is not cute. Stop it. I have to cringe when I look back at these things, you know?
  • Options
    marshaline6marshaline6 Posts: 576 Member
    I would tell myself to not date in high school
  • Options
    JiminnieJiminnie Posts: 165 Member
    Don't chew your hair. Please.
    a10be189d14688d50e674c23d0ce222a073d7420_hq.gif
    "My blood sweat and tears, my last dance- take them."
    Origin ID: Eommaya

• Options
    AlienStarsAlienStars Posts: 62 Member
    I guess to my child self...stop being so weird lol. You don't need to "make a bad habbit" (picking at my lips) to test out how they work. You don't need to practice holding your breathe just in case. (I can go 3.5 minutes now though, so). You don't need to practice your pick-pocketing skills, again, just in case. Just be a normal kid, you'll be ok. (I'm still mad at the lip-picking thing. Still have it. Can never wear lipstick.)
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Do not put up with the bullying! You will never see those people again after graduation. But you will think about all the plum things they did to you almost on a daily basis. You will be doing laundry, driving down the road, or whatever and you will start thinking about it, and what you shouldve done. Dont be 30 years old and still being affected by those plum girls who u havent even seen in 12 yrs. Put your big girl panties on and do something about it!

Kids dont bully. Its not funny. The person you hurt will hurt for the rest of their lives. They will never get over it. I know because i am one. I am 30 yrs old and it still affects me every single day. Dont do this to someone. Especially for no good reason. Even more so if the person you bully doesn't know why.