Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop letting strangers join conversations on dates.

JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This is so annoying. Yesterday I had 2 YAs on a date, and suddenly the Laandgrab kid, who they don't know, joins in to the conversation and makes the conversation become awkward and my sims refusing to do romantic interactions until I made him go away.

I get that the game is meant to be social but c'mon, these things can potentially ruin dates and no offense but my sims don't really need any type of contact with a teen who keeps doing evil/mischief interactions because of his traits.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Agreed
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I hate how social they've made these sims. The important thing should be player control, so if I go out I should be able to ignore people or make my sims interact with them. I shouldn't have them forcing their way into my conversation.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Agreed. I don't want my sims to make friends unless I chose them to. Another example is when karaoke night starts and you are there, the game adds all these random Sims who are there to my friends category. Please fix. Unless, I chose someone as a friend they should not be added and the same goes for random sims joining my conversation.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    I'm happy for my sims to make friends and chat to whoever they like, but NOT when they are trying to be romantic.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Agreed. I was on a date once at a restaurant and some weirdo kept butting into our conversation and was being rude, which ruined the romantic mood. No matter how many times I deleted the interaction to stop the group conversation, they kept trying to talk to my sims. It was irritating.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i disagree with everything stated in this thread even if sims are on dates i do not see anything wrong in other sims wanting to join the conversation.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    The problem is that the conversation turns awkward when a sim is trying to romance their date.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    These strangers literally ruin dates.

How can anything about that be positive?
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I see both sides of the coin.....I totally get the whole romantic vibe going on and some sim decides to jump in. Usually I ask them to go or tell them goodbye and it works.

As for the social side of things? Well, real life is like that. You go out and you make friends. There are always going to be others that butt into conversations or overhear people and make comments.

So I feel like they need to have a date buffer for the romance side of things. Have them be able to interact with others IF THEY WANT OR NEED TO (caps for emphasis). Socially? I just ask that they not appear in my sim's friends/family panel unless they truly are friends/family. I think that it'd be cool though to have an option of "add to phone contacts" if you want the acquaintance to become a friend later. When picking this option, they are added to the list of people they know......therefore giving the player the power.
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Agreed!! I understand coming up to chat in a casual setting or in a group, but when a couple is alone? I've literally never seen anyone interrupt that in real life? Unless their an old friend they bumped into, and even then it's a hi and bye kind of thing....
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I can agree with this for dates. I normally like how social they are in TS4, but I agree that on a date, it is annoying. It should be easier to remove specific sims from a conversation if not wanted.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited May 2017
    for me i clearly do not see any problems since i keep my sims single parents and unmarried so if i went my sims to raise a family i create there children in create a sim or have my sims adopt as well as keeping aging fully off and not letting my sims age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    for me i clearly do not see any problems since i keep my sims single parents and unmarried so if i went my sims to raise a family i create there children in create a sim or have my sims adopt as well as keeping aging fully off and not letting my sims age

I can totally respect the way you play.....each simmer is different, but most of us like social sims and the whole meeting "the one", getting to go on dates, getting engaged and all. That's the reason we want this so much.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    That's why I replaced and populated my worlds with my own sims. so that if "strangers" do come along they aren't really strangers and I wouldn't mind them gaining relationship.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    The thing that bothers me about this is that they are strangers, my sim has to then introduce him/herself to say goodbye. I find that odd - if they are already talking, why do I have to introduce them to just say goodbye? Thats just weird. (and awkward ha)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    As for the social side of things? Well, real life is like that. You go out and you make friends. There are always going to be others that butt into conversations or overhear people and make comments.

You and I live very different lives... Here the only time anyone interrupts someone they don't know is if they having been drinking. For me the more realistic thing was the way it worked in previous games where if you went out people were there doing their own thing and you could decide to interact with them if you wanted to.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    i disagree with everything stated in this thread even if sims are on dates i do not see anything wrong in other sims wanting to join the conversation.

The more the merrier...?
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    I would never look at a couple being romantic and go, "Hi! I'm Tsuki, I love your dress! So, did you see the latest episode of Bill Nye Saves The World?"

It's rude...
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I have never been on a date where some random person came into the conversation and wouldn't go away.
    How is this realistic in the slightest?
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Agreed. It gets more than awkward waiting for that right moment to propose and when it arrives, some stranger interrupts? No. Just no. I wish there'd be some flag we could set to give off a "this is our alone time" vibe. Yes, alone in a sea of strangers. Besides, most people can tell when others don't wish to be approached. For instance, when seeing a couple sitting across from each other in a romantic restaurant gazing longingly into each other's eyes. Yea, that's a time I'd pick to talk about who their favorite author is....
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    This is so annoying. Yesterday I had 2 YAs on a date, and suddenly the Laandgrab kid, who they don't know, joins in to the conversation and makes the conversation become awkward and my sims refusing to do romantic interactions until I made him go away.

I get that the game is meant to be social but c'mon, these things can potentially ruin dates and no offense but my sims don't really need any type of contact with a teen who keeps doing evil/mischief interactions because of his traits.

two & a half years & it's still happening, great :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member

Lol, I really had to smile when I read your post. I doubt anyone else needs to add anything to this thread now. You have confirmed the OP's point perfectly. Have you ever heard of the phrase 'Two's company, three's a crowd?'

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Please stop letting others join the conversation period! Also all the getting up to sit near someone! Come on. Good idea, poor execution
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »

You and I live very different lives... Here the only time anyone interrupts someone they don't know is if they having been drinking. For me the more realistic thing was the way it worked in previous games where if you went out people were there doing their own thing and you could decide to interact with them if you wanted to.

What I meant was that when I go out? Yeah, pretty much others will just pay attention to their own groups and not worry about others around them or bother them. However, striking up conversation between two people (or more if they are in a group) that don't know each other is not uncommon even if it is a rarity.
    Sucom wrote: »

Lol, I really had to smile when I read your post. I doubt anyone else needs to add anything to this thread now. You have confirmed the OP's point perfectly. Have you ever heard of the phrase 'Two's company, three's a crowd?'

You never know......Friendly might only be thinking "game-wise" not "reality-wise". Maybe they like it? *shrug* Everyone has their own opinion here. I myself seem to think, like you, that it needs tweaking a bit. Its not that I mind sims coming up to my own, just not while on a date and I totally get what the OP is talking about when they say that they don't want the sims that theirs just met to be on their friends panel cause they aren't "friends" they are "acquaintances". So I think that the player ought to be able to control who goes on their family and friends panel of people they know and who doesn't when meeting someone new.